AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 06-29-2012, 06:06 PM

Black boots thumped on the ground as Kale ran. He'd stumbled across a kiss of vampires and they weren't taking kindly to his invasion. Although, he winced as he remembered the wounds they had inflicted on him before he could cast one of his higher level spells which had injured a few and managed to kill the Master. Blood trickled in little rivulets from the bite mark on his neck, the right cheek under his indigo eyes, a stab wound in his right shoulder, and a gash on his side. Luckily his legs only suffered superficial damage, probably because the angry monsters want to torture him some more.

Cursing fluently in his native tongue, he turned around and pressed his back against the dead end. Bastards had herded him here. "Poor little apprentice, did you think you could escape us?" One taunted gleefully, bringing the dagger that was still coated in his blood up to its lips and licking the red substance off. Shuddering in disgust, Kale's attention went from the vampires to the sudden vibration of the ground. He was new to the town and had so far never experienced anything like it, but the vampires seemed to know what it meant as the one with the knife seemed to grow all the more happier. Whatever was happening, the mage didn't want to be here alone with the vampires. Glancing at his tome, he grit his teeth and prepared to cast another fire spell. He knew for best results he should cast the lightning storm, but he wasn't in full control of the part of his element yet.

Stumbling along the shaking ground, he shot white hot flames at them, managing to accidentally hitting most of them but the leader. It was enough for him, he took off running again, blinding sending out balls of the flame behind him. Falling to his knees at a particularly bad rumble, the sound of screams and alarms confusing him as he tried to find his fallen book. What on earth was happening to this town? Grunting as a glass showered down on him, his hand reached his book. Pulling the bound stack of papers closer, he moved to stand, to get further away.

He kept stumbling, but gladly as far as he could tell, the vampire was no longer chasing him. He sighed in acceptance, summoning a small glow of orange light so he could see, he decided it might be the best idea to rest for now. Curling his protective cloak tighter to his body, he sat as close the the edge of the building as possible, his eyes slipping closed in a light doze.

Last edited by AmaniIshtar; 06-29-2012 at 06:48 PM..

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 PM

Altain could not help but to shake his head, what a sad bunch. No ambition to get further in their vampire existence. They were okay with being bottom feeders - being killed by hunters and other, more ambitious vampires. It was almost a sad sight to see. These two... what a group Altain had found himself. "So you never thought that maybe killing another vampire could be fun?" Altain ran his claw like fingers over his lips, "It is quite the thrill. And my mark is nothing less then an ambitious one." Altain chuckled a little. It would be a glorious day to see his mark dead. Malena... she could be a huge assistance to the fight. Though she would never do such a thing. She was much older then Altains mark could dream of being.... she could resist his powers with ease. She would know how the battle ends before anyone even threw the first punch.

Then this pink haired girls words cut through his thoughts, "My blood?" Altain looked at her with disgust, though she had some nerve to ask a vampire of his age for such a thing. "Of course not. Never. I seek only a drop of your blood so I may know your intentions is all." Altain cracked his neck, tried of being still. Maybe it would have been best to kill that huntress there and then... but she smelt.. tasty. Altain was an exceptionally strong willed vampire and controlled his instincts incredibly well. But he could not help but smell her. That human blood coursing through her veins... he licked his lips slowly. Thinking of what a feast she could have made. Though, Altain avoided killing hunters and huntresses. The more alive - the more he could lead to his mark.

"As for your wounds, I would gladly get you a human or two. It would be quick... but then I need a little favor." Altain smiled and made the universal symbol for anything small with his hands. "I assure you the task is small. Very easy for two vampires." He shrugged, he could do it himself but he decided if this Bell went running around - it may attract Melena. It was an ambitious thought as she would probably have for sight as to why this man was running around and hunting a vampire Altain wanted hunted. She would know. But it was worth a shot, and like mentioned, Altain needed this vampire hunted. He would hunt another, stronger vampire.

Altain hoped these two were smart enough to realize that they should not be so pushy with Altain. Not only did they both recognize that they were wounded - but they knew Altain was older and stronger. He did not really want to have to fight these two... but if their ambition started with him. Well, that would be a bad place to start.

He walked over to a old pillar and pushed it over, sitting on it in a regal like manner. "So, have we come to a decision of to what you two will do? Do we have a deal? A counter offer?" Altains left hand rested on his lap, his other hand caressing his chin. Though it was more of a cover to have a hand to break their necks if they attacked him. Like Melena always told him. Hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

At that last thouht of Melena ran through his head, he could feel the ground shake and watched as ash began to rain down from the sky. A huge, creepy, smile over took his face. Another reminder of Melena and all she taught him. That the Earth would choose a race to be superior then the other. The Earth choose the vampires, and Altain would lead the vampires some day. It was a reminder that his mission was bigger then himself, it was something that the vampires would benefit from. Order.

Though order was quite the ironic thought. Altain was a vampire who loved knowing things, and that transcended into sights and sounds, smells...etc. He could hear the buildings collapsing, if they could even be called buildings. They were honestly just remnants or shells of their former architectural selves. The sound did make him feel better though, another reminder of the order that the world needed, not just his beloved vampires.

Last edited by Smores; 06-29-2012 at 08:25 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-29-2012, 07:51 PM

"Killing another vampire is more dangerous than killing humans. How does more danger equal fun?" Honestly, what the hell was wrong with this man? Bell shook his head hard, causing the air to fill once again with a cacophony of tinkling. It was really annoying but Bell was hoping to annoy the pretty man with all that noise. "Besides..I'm late for an appointment." He muttered that as he looked up at the dark cloud covered sky. Well, he wasn't late for an appointment, but Cyril no doubt was wondering where the hell he was.

"I can find my own humans to eat anyway, I don't need someone to do my hunting for me." That offer to get a human or two, it had greatly insulted Bell and hurt his pride. He was better than this aristocrat was giving him credit for, and that surely was what this vampire was. An aristocrat. It was in his mannerisms, the way he held himself, the way he talked. Still this might, actually be a little fun. When Altain moved to another pillar and sat down, Bell moved to follow him a little.

To stand in front of him, Bell poked at the small bullet wound in his chest for a moment, it was healing very nicely and he wasn't particularly hungry so he really didn't need a human right now anyway. This man though. Those purple eyes were on Altain. As much as Bell hated to admit it, even though he was sure he could have fought that hunter off, Altain had more or less rescued him.

"A life for a life, Lordling." Standing there and saying that, Bell suddenly had the urge to go to one knee before this aristocratic man. He resisted that urge. "I'll kill this vampire for you, as payment for you 'saving' me." The way he spat the word 'saving' made it clear that Bell still hadn't really appreciated being interfered with. Honestly though, Bell wasn't as irritated by it as he pretended to be. He knew Altain had saved him, he just had his pride to protect. "Tell me the name of the vampire, and just so we're clear. It won't be a sneaky killing. I can't sneak up on any vampire."

A flicker of annoyance passed over Bell's features as the earth began to shake. He really didn't like that volcano even if it's thick dark cloud of ash and debris blocked out the sun during the day. It was still an annoying mountain full of annoyance. Mostly he just didn't like the way the earth shook whenever the mountain decided to do something.

Last edited by Kry; 06-29-2012 at 07:55 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-30-2012, 01:03 AM

The vampire pressed her lips together and then proceeded to exhale very slowly. A drop of blood and he'd know that much about her? "I don't mind hunting down a vampire, as long as I can have this one's blood. But I want insurance that you won't use what you find out from having my blood against me." She wasn't truly in the best of positions for negotiating something like this, but Lucrese was determined to survive to a ripe old age.

If she didn't take such chances as these, who was to say that things might not end badly? Pink hair drifting in the wind, she moved to sit down as well with one leg crossed daintily over the other.

He did seem like very much the noble, and she hated nobles. Still, this man had helped her escape from a rather difficult situation. Then the ground began shaking, making Lucrese clutch the pillar she sat upon tightly with white knuckled hands. Buildings were crashing all around creating too frightening sounds, and smoke seemed to be coming from the volcano, or perhaps that was the smoke from all the debris.

In any case, Lucrese had frozen with a wide eyed frightened stare. This was the only thing she was afraid of, and it happened now? The world really did have a truly bad sense of humor.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-30-2012, 03:02 AM

Zander Kumori

Zander took a sip out of his wine glass, then proceeded to swirl the liquid around in his glass. He looked at the table before him, and moved a hand to the chess board. He picked up the black king, and a slight smirk formed on his lips. Things were growing more and more interesting. He had herd rumors of the vampires and hunters becoming more active, he himself had stayed out of the fight so far, but now he was becoming bored. He sits the glass down, and stands holding the king. He crosses to the window, and looks out at the soft falling ash. It kind of looked like snow, but he knew better. The penthouse was becoming a bore.

He got his coat, and walked out into the dark air. He tossed the black chess piece in to the air, and caught it a few times, as he headed towards downtown. He was looking for some action, and for now he would head towards the club he visited frequently. He smirked lightly to himself, as he herd a few screams and cries around him. Seemed many of the city's vampires were out already. He kept walking, not really worried about an attack. Most down in this part new better then to mess with him.

He made his way inside, and looked around. The lights pulsed, and the music boomed enough to slightly shake the walls. He walks to his usual table, and noticed a few glances in his direction. He moved his arms above his head a bit, and streatches lightly. He was slightly hungry, he could feel the creep in his head and wondered if anyone would miss a few of the people in here. He glanced around a bit, and picked out a male in back, who was so drunk he looked like he was going to pass out any time. He focused, and allowed his own mind to reach out like a pair of hands to the male's mind.

He felt a link take hold, and he closed his eyes. He saw memories, thoughts and feelings flash across his mind. This man was sick from what Zander was seeing. He fed off of the energy freely not caring, and ended up crushinng the man's mind. His limp now vegetable like body slumpped to the floor, and nervous people moved away. A couple of security guards went pulling him out. He smiled and shook his head lightly, as the waiter brought him his usual drink.

He didn't notice it at first, but soon there was a definite rumble from the ground. He looked around, as the people began to grow nervous. He watched some scream and begin to run, and he himself slowly stood and made his way outside. He looked around at the buildings in the distance some of them toppling over, people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. He shakes his head and takes a breath. He turned away from his relaxation, and made his way towards the upper part of the city. Here there was more damage being done, and even more frightened people. He looked around a bit and wondered what was going to happen.

He saw the erruption going on a bit aways from him. He sighs "not again.." He turned away and looked around. It was a bit safer not to be on the ground in this case, but before he could simply take off into the air, he noticed a girl in the distance by one of the buildings. He hesitated for a moment, then made his way over to her. He looked her over for a moment, and then knelt before her. "You, it is not safe here at all..you should find a better place to stay" he says, careful to keep his eyes on her. He felt from the emotions and thoughts running through her head, that she wasd obviously a vampire hunter.

Though he himself was not a vampire, he often had to be on guard around the hunter types. He was a killer in his own right after all, though no one would guess it just by looking at him. He was handome, and naturally looked innocent. He was far more dangerous then people knew about, and this often helped him to lure in prey. He shakes the thoughts from his head, and turns his attention back to the woman before him. He looks at her and tried to not give any hint of who he was away.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 06-30-2012 at 03:21 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-30-2012, 05:36 AM

Her heart was racing and she was still cursing the stupid volcano and this unfamiliar city as she shielded her head under her arms. She heard a voice over the commotion and instinctively looked up to see who was speaking to her. Tessa blinked into blackness and her heart skipped a beat.

If someone knew she was here, then they had to be vampire. She fumbled around for the gun she kept in her shoulder holster, but what good would that do her if she couldn't see where she was shooting. She was disgusted. Here she was being killed by some dumb old volcano and this vampire was mocking her.

'You should find a better place to stay.' Pfftt. He should go jump off a bridge onto a wooden stake. She was frowning deeply. This was it. Either this volcano was going to kill her or this vampire was, so she did the only thing she could think of and flipped him the bird. Surely he could see that, too. As she did, she pushed herself to stand with her free hand and prayed that the lights would come back before she became a midnight snack.

((I know he's not a vampire, but Tessa thinks he is. :P))

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-30-2012, 05:50 AM

Zander shakes his head a bit as he was flipped off "well that's attractive" he says sarcastically. Before she could protest, he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her body close against his. He closed his eyes taking a deep breath focusing on his Transvection ability. He felt their feet leave the ground, and they moved upwards past the buildings. He coughed a bit at the ash fluttering into his lungs as he took a breath. He closed his eyes and focused on his home, where hopefully they should be safe. Using this focus, he Apportated the two out of the way just inches before a skyscraper fell where they had been.

His eyes open as they stood in his pent house. He coughs slightly to clear himself of ash, and crossed into his room to get a bag. Why the hell had he done that? He could have let her die and be done with it, but to bring here here? "Idiot" he whispered to himself. He sighed, no point in worrying about it now, if need be he could crush her mind later. He grabbed some clothes, and then moved to the bathroom. He didn't have much here, he had actually taken if from the man who's body layed in the spare bath. He had planned to dispose of it, but had not got the chance.

Now however, that did not matter. He would find a new home, he was used to having to move around. He wondered what the girl was thinking and up to as he was in the bathroom. He could feel her mind, and the thoughts racing over it, but he dare not pry to far, in case he alerted her to his prescence. He was sure she probrably had no idea how he had managed to get them here, and he was not about to reveal his powers to her just yet. She was a hunter, and he was a different kind of prey. Although he was certain she probrably hadn't fought anything like him before, he was not going to let his guard down.

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-30-2012, 05:54 AM

Altain smirked at Bells comment, apparently they did not have the same idea as fun as he did. The humans saw fun as a thrill.... risking ones life to slay another vampire was indeed quite the thrill. Hunt for him? Well that was Bells only chance to ever been given an honour of being fed by an older vampire. Altain was not exactly broken up over it though. Less work for him to do and he still got a favor out of it.

Then Bell began to speak about being saved, and doing the favor Altain mentioned. An expression that vaguely looked like surprise crossed his face, though glad Bell had seen some form of reason. "I greatly appreciate it." Altain walked before Bell and ran his long talons for nails gently down the side of his face. "I am glad you have agreed." Altain searched his eyes as a form of distraction and slid his hand down quickly - picking up some more blood off of Bell.

Turning away from Bell and to the pink haired vampire, he quickly licked the blood of his fingers. Bell seemed to be thinking of something else... but only more blood could tell that was. And as Bell just agreed to go along with Altain's request, jumping on him and draining him of his life for what could a stupid thought did not seem all that reasonable. Though now this pink haired girl... she would consider letting him see some things she knows? But she did have some concerns.

"I will not know everything off a small drop. Just the most recent things per say. Though the more blood the more I know."
Reaching out his hand, his index finger was the only one extended, but quickly pulled away to let her think it over once more. "It is your blood, I will take what I can get. I only wish to see the truth in you." Altain simply wanted to know if she would follow his one wish, this way she could not lie.

Turning back to Bell he glanced over his body, yes, a quite kill would never work with those strange bell sounds resonating off his every move. "No problem, I just need the vampire dead." Altain shrugged, a little grin crossed his lips. "He is a vampire with connections... and his blood will be valuable to me." Turning his gaze back to the pink haired vampire, he out stretched his hand once more. "Made up your mind to how much blood I may have?" Altain tilted his head to the side ever so slightly, it would have bee cute on anyone else.

"Once you do,"
Altain smirked to the girl and turned his head so he could see Bell at the corner of his left eye."I can get to the good part." Altain smiled halfheartedly. Disguising the excitement that lurked within. He finally found some vampires to work with.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-30-2012, 06:03 AM

Before she knew what was happening there was an arm around her. Immediately she tried pushing away. She'd be damned if she let a bloodsucker get the best of her right now! When their feet left the ground, Tessa became disoriented. She'd never flown before and she was afraid of heights. Were they flying? She couldn't even be sure.

Instinctively she clung to the body against hers. She still had her blood and that was a good sign, right? The rumbling had subsided as the last few buildings crumbled to the ground. Car alarms could still be heard in various places, but no sounds of human life could be heard anywhere. It sickened her.

When they arrived inside of a building, Tessa crumpled to the floor, coughing up ash and smoke from her lungs as she tried to regain her balance. The lights began to flicker. The back-up generators were finally kicking in. Thank goodness they weren't destroyed in the eruption. Who knows how long they'd have been stuck in the darkness then.

As the lights finally flickered on, Tessa blinked owlishly around the room. Where was she, and who had brought her here? She heard noise coming from what she thought could be the bathroom. She reached for her pistol. It wasn't there!? It must have fallen in the chaos. Damn.

Quietly, she stood and made her way towards the bathroom, grabbing a heavy looking lamp as she passed by. As she got closer, she raised the lamp into a swinging position.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-30-2012, 06:27 AM

He sighed not bothering to pturn around. "Put that down before you get yourself hurt woman" he says and grabs a few bottles of pills from the medicine cabinate. He had herd the thought of hitting him with the lamp flicker over her mind. He was not about to let himself be bested by a lousy piece of furnature. He reached over to grab a few things that sat on the edgee of the tub. He was going to miss this place. It was hard to find such a nice fancy and intact place like this lately, and now he was going to have to give it up.

He turns and passes the girl without even a glance in her direction. He passed over into the other bathroom, past the decaying body of the man who had once owned this place. The smell did not bother him, he was used to death and decay. He ignored the mass on the floor, as he got a few other things from the second medicine cabinate. He would need as much medication and things as he could if something happened. He was proned to headaches because of his more mental abitilies. He had been using them a lot lately, and it caused strain on him.

He would not die from a headache, but it was a pain when he was in the middle of a fight. He sighs and paused to look at the body of the man. His eyes glossy and blank. He had remembered coming in on the man, and easily overtaking him. The man's thoughts had been on his family at the time, a woman and a daughter who he was hoping were alright...he would never know now. It was sad that he had to do these kind of things, but it was survival of the fittest now, and he was so far at the top of the food chain.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-30-2012, 06:49 AM

Right when Tessa was about to jump into the room and swing, Zander spoke. Tessa jumped and clutched the lamp to her chest. How had he known she was there with that lamp? She pressed her back to the wall outside the bathroom and waited. Well, she wouldn't attack him then, but if he tried anything funny she'd really lay into him.

As he passed by her she clutched the lamp tightly once again. Hazel eyes followed him as he left the main living area to another room. Slowly, she followed behind him, curiously. Who was he, and had he saved her? Was he a vampire? Was he going to try and kill her?

She stepped into the room. He was in the other bathroom now. Something here smelled awful. She heard him shuffling through pill bottles. Vampires didn't need pills, did they? Finally she stood at the entrance to the bathroom. Cautiously she peeked inside.

What was he doing? What was he looking a- Oh my God. Tessa gasped and covered her mouth. Instinctively she backed up, knocking into a dresser and causing some personal belongings to fall to the floor including a picture. Hazel eyes fell onto the man's face in the photo. It was the man in the bathtub. There was a woman and a little girl in the photo, too.

Had Zander done that to the man? She'd be naive to believe otherwise. Tessa opened her mouth to give the man a piece of her mind but before any words could escape her, she was thrown into another coughing fit. Damn smoke and ash. She clutched onto the dresser to keep herself upright all the while trying to keep an eye on the creeper who'd brought her here.

How would she ever find the vampires who killed her parents or find her missing brother if she was done in by a heap of smoke, or some guy who could fly and killed people and stuffed them in their own bathtubs? Tessa coughed again, reaching up to hold onto her own throat as she calmed her poor lungs down. She wasn't sure how many more volcanic eruptions her lungs could handle.

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of herself in the dresser mirror. Wow was she ever a mess. Her palms were still bleeding, her knee was swollen, there was ash smudged over her face and little pieces of glass littered her hair. This was certainly not Tessa's best day.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-30-2012, 07:03 AM

He froze as he herd her outside the bathroom. He closed his eyes as the rush of thoughts she was having hit him in the head, as one might feel when someone punches them in the gut. God he hated the ones who thought to much, and he could tell now this girl was deffinetly one of them. He moved out of the room, and now finally gave her a good look over. He saw her looking in the mirror, and looked at himself as well. Fiery red hair, and deep blue eyes. Most who saw him thought he was a model.

Zander was tall and slender, he had muscles, but they in no way overpowered his body. His power laid in his mind, and that was deffinetly his deadliest wepon. He had long slender limps as well, his fingers fit for a pianist...He had used to own a piano...He remembered the nights his sister used to stay up and teach him to play, that was all back before... No! He shook his head, this was no time to be remonissing. If he let his guard down this girl could strike.

He didn't quite believe that, but it was easier then letting the memories back in. He sighs lightly, and then crosses to the kitchen. It was full, and though he could not carry all he would like to with him, he did take a few things that would tie him over till he found a new place to stay for a bit. He was not fully focusing, and slid his hand into a drawer. "Gah! Dammit" he pulled it out and sighed at the blood flowing from his palm.

He turned away to the sink, flipping on the watter which he was more then glad was still running. It stung a bit, as the liquid poured over the fresh chut. He forgot about the girl for a moment, as he opened another nearby drawer, and grabbed a dish towel. He could heal himself he knew, but he did not think right at the moment, with the present company that would be such a good idea. The sting was a nice distraction anyways.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-30-2012, 03:35 PM

((Woohoo! Tessa's first line in the story! Lol Also, I went ahead and posted again instead of being courteous and waiting, lol, so that I could involve Amani's charrie and get my first post in with Cyril. I hope no one is bothered and that it isn't too much to catch up on!^^))

Hazel eyes shifted back to Zander as he moved to stand in the mirror, too. Her body tensed. The only weapon she had now was a pretty small silver blade in her right boot. Or was it her left? She really wasn't a very good hunter.

When he left the room, Tessa relaxed a little. She ruffed her hair a little to try and get the glass out. Pieces rained onto the floor and she looked down, her eyes catching the photo again. Kneeling down, she picked the photo up and brought it up to look at the family.

Where was this man's wife and daughter? Tears filled her eyes. Tears for this family, but mostly tears for her own. What was it about this particular city that her so emotional lately? Her sadness and grief flipped like a light switch to anger. That red haired man, he'd killed this wife and child, too, she was sure of it.

She placed the photo on the dresser and exited the room as Zander slammed his hand in a drawer. By the time she made it to the kitchen, he was rinsing his hand. What was this man, if not vampire? She scowled at the man, sure to keep her distance.

"Who are you and why did you bring me here?" She certainly had a lot of other things to say, but she bit her tongue. If she said too much, she probably wouldn't get the information she wanted. The man's face in the bath tub flashed into her mind, then his daughter's. She crossed her arms over her chest. This man was bad news, that was the only thing she knew for sure now.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Stephanie coughed as the lights flickered on in the small corner store style shop. She'd made it to cover just as the building across the street collapsed. Unfortunately, it had collapsed in the direction of the corner store. Fortunately, it had crushed the side she wasn't on.

Rubble at her shoe and smoke in the air, Stephanie coughed again as she climbed out of the store over the rubble. Emerald eyes scanned the damage of the city. It was post apocalypse all over again. Well, if people could survive and rebuild after a volcano, then they could do it after a little earthquake, too.

She stood on the street now picking rubble and other debris from her long blonde hair. There wasn't a soul in sight. No sign of survivors, no sign of vampires, nothing. Up the street, her hotel lay in ruins. Great. Now what? Stephanie checked her weapons. All there, all loaded and all in place. That was all she really needed.

Her plan now was to find a new place to call home while she was in town. Not that there was too much left of the town. Some places remained unscathed, miraculously; bars, diners, shops, apartments. That was good enough for her. She turned a corner and tripped over something.

Stephanie cursed and looked down to see a man curled up in a cloak... sleeping? No, he couldn't be, not at a time like this. She reached down and gave his shoulder a good poke. He felt warm. That was a good sign, it meant he wasn't dead and he wasn't a vampire.

"Hey," she spoke, "Hey, you..." she prodded him again. Well he certainly couldn't be sleeping out here, that was way too dangerous. And, she wouldn't be a very good protector of man-kind if she just turned away and left him there.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Cyril sat at the head of the long table tapping his fingers impatiently on the dark cherry wood. The room was dimly lit, as was the rest of the house. Everything in the home was either black, gold, or blood red. The floors were a beautiful black marble in most of the house and it was clear a lot of money had been put into the large estate.

A low growl escaped his lips. Where was Bell? He'd sent him out to find information on the last human member of the Malone family hours ago. Bell was his right hand man and closest friend. Of all the vampires he'd met in his day, he'd chosen to keep Bell around the longest, despite his, bells.

They didn't always see eye to eye, but he was Cyril's only true friend, in his eyes anyway. Now, he was envisioning all the ways he would punish Bell for keeping him waiting for so long as his pale fingers rapped against the table. A human servant brought a large wine glass of blood and set it before him. How degrading. A human, dressed in such little clothing, serving the blood of her own kind to a monster such as Cyril.

Before she could turn to leave he grabbed onto her wrist in a swift motion so quick it would not be seen by a human eye. He need to relieve some stress. A game would be perfect for relieving stress. Still holding onto her wrist, Cyril stood, towering over her.

Amy was one of his favorite slaves. Scars of puncture wounds lined her neck and wrists. She'd been here for many years. But now, he was feeling stressed, impatient, bored... "Let's play a game," he said softly as he stroked her cheek. "If you can find a hiding place in all of this estate that allows me not to find you, I won't kill you today." He was playing softly with her hair now sensing her heart rate picking up. She knew how serious Cyril was.

"Go!" he snapped, causing her to jump and drop the platter she'd carried his drink in on. He sat in his red velvet plush chair. "You have five minutes." He didn't look at her now, instead he sat staring ahead, still very annoyed and still looking forward to relieving his stress with this game. He heard Amy's feet pad away and tuned her out, giving her his idea of a fair chance, although Amy stood no chance. His fingers rapped against the table as he waited.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-30-2012 at 04:13 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 PM

Lucrese shifted upon her seat and let out a long sigh as she pondered over this. He hadn't mentioned any insurance for this, only spoken of what it was taking her blood would mean to him. It was frustrating and made her want to leap up and throttle him. She needed to know what it was he wanted to do, exactly, before giving the man even an ounce of her blood.

She tugged at one long braid, undoing it and then coming trough the hair. After a while she tied it once more and started on the other one. "Alright, I'll agree to a spoonful if I can be assured that if you ever get wounded, I get a taste of your blood. It might never happen, considering your obvious experience, so the deal is rather fair. Don't you think?" She was stubborn about this, if only because he'd wanted to deny her.

The vampire turned her pink eyes to Bell as she tilted her head to the side. "You're a pretty honorable fellow, aren't you?" He was indeed very intriguing, and she did owe him. Lucrese wondered if he'd let her follow him around because of that explanation.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-30-2012, 08:59 PM

Bell rather enjoyed the way Altain had touched his face, it sent shivers down his spine. The good kind of shivers, his lips had parted just slightly as Altain stared into his eyes. Bell didn't want to break the physical contact or the eye contact but all too soon Altain had turned away from him. For half a moment Bell pouted, but that expression was gone. Replaced by a rather bored expression as Lucrese and Altain spoke and tried to make a deal about blood drinking.

He rolled his eyes a bit. "The sooner you tell me the important details the sooner I can get to work." And the sooner could return to Cyril. Bell shuddered, that man was probably royally pissed off, and he had no good information to report to Cyril either. He knew that girl was in this city, he just hadn't found her yet. He was sure Cyril would accept no excuses either, even though Bell had gotten sidetracked so very thoroughly.

"I really am late for an appointment. So could we make this snappy?" An expression of impatience had replaced the bored expression as he glanced from Lucrese to Altain. Not quite sure what she had meant by that comment, he just eyed her uncertainly for a moment before looking to Altain. "Honorable?" He spat the word as if it were foreign to him. He was a vampire, there was nothing honorable about that, and he did what he wanted to, whenever he wanted to. What was honorable about that? "Don't confuse honor with pride, lady."

Last edited by Kry; 06-30-2012 at 10:01 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 07-01-2012, 12:07 AM

Zander could feel the nerves radiating off this girl and what seemed like fear. He herd her words, but for the moment did not answer. He shut off the water, and finally turned to look at her. He pressed the towel against the palm of his hand to stop the blood flow and thought carefully about his next choice in words. "My name is Zander that is all you need to know, as for why I saved you, would you rather be dead right now?" he kept his eyes on her. He himself leaned casually against the counter as he did so.

He was not to worried about her now, as long as she couldn't get a solid thought or idea about him he was fine. It was good to keep your enemies guessing, not that she was exactly an enemy. He wasn't sure what she was to be certain at the moment. He sighs lightly, and closes his eyes for a moment. If she made a move, let her, he would see it coming even before she moved an inch. He had remembered when his poewers had began to develop, he was scared and thought he had been going crazy with the sea of voices that had echoed in his head. They were still there..they were always there.

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-01-2012, 12:38 AM

Altain listened to the words coming from the pink haired vampires mouth. True, he would usually never be wounded. That is if he stuck to hunting humans, and weaker vampire. Though his mark was much more ambitious then that. "Well then I will pass up on that deal." Altain then turned to bell and grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer. "The vampire I seek, my mark, is much to powerful to face right now. And the vampires I seek are not really named." Licking his lips slowly he leaned close to Bell, and whispered in his ear. "You know of the so called lord? Lord Cyril Bauquemare?" Altain leaned back to see the expression that would cross Bells face. "I seek any vampire who is loyal to him, would know anything of him. I wish to drain them of every drop of blood int heir body." Atain closed his right hand in a fist, and smoothed his hair with his left. "I will see Cyril dead by my hand some day. Id love if you would help."

Shrugging casually, he turned his attention back to the pink haired girl. "You will go with Bell I presume?" Altain turned back to Bell and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Remember, any vampire who would know anything of Cyril will do. But I need to personally drain the life fro their body. Do not spill a drop of that precious blood." Altain nodded and jumped several feet backwards. "Good luck to you both. I have my own matters that need attending. Try not to die..." Altain got away quickly, leaving the area with a flash of speed so neither could really have he opportunity to follow him. He needed to do his own tasks, if those two could do this task it would help though.

Cyril would be less inclined to fight Altain as of this instant, and Altain could amass more of his ever beloved knowledge. Something he truly prized above all else. Though as he ran into what remained of the ash drifting down from the sky, once again thoughts of Melena rushed through his head. Thoughts of her power. Her usefulness in a fight, how deadly a weapon she truly was. It was a shame she had run away - or Altain could have just approached Cyril without any fear. This route was long and required a lot of patience, a thing Altain possessed much of. But the thought of Cyril dieng by his hand was all too pleasurable.

---

Pieces of ash landed in her hair as she sat upon the ridge of an old cliff. Her eyes scanning the horizon and her breathe very slow, focused. It was as if she was inhaling the very essence of the world. All of its secrets and the truth that it held. As the volcano had erupted and begun to cease did thoughts of the vision that once plagued her cross her mind. As did the thought of the betrayal she faced at the hands of her own kind. Though one had stayed behind, one had assisted her. She shared her knowledge and her belief with him, her visions. Though in the end she still fled with out any word to him.

The vision of the volcano's eruption, the tide of power that would shift between human and vampire, it seemed so much purer in her eyes. What she witnessed was the slaughter of people and the wildness of her race. The wildness she witnessed first hand when they turned on her. The images of their betrayal forever etched into her memory, as was their slaughter when she defended herself. The bodies of those who once respected her were ripped apart, the ones who called her Malice had known what her enemy's had known.

While that name was a fragment of her past, it is one she can not escape nor will she ever be able. She showed the remnants of that past in the abandonment of the one who had stayed. Though she had no choice. Now she sought the truth of the world, the meaning behind this all. The once solid truth she knew had been shaken with the events she witnessed over the extent of her life that seemed to last forever. The human life she once knew ended before the humans even thought to keep track of years or days. Now she was lost in her mind, lost in her thoughts.

What troubled her now? If the humans can be turned - then what should the vampires do? What is their task? Are they the secret to an eternal life span? Or just another test the humans will have to pass. An obstacle in their long history.

Staring off into the distance, her eyes focused on the bleak sky - it resembled the future. It had become very hard to foresee, unpredictable and ever changing. More so then ever. While still this power could foresee the events soon to come, it had lost its power to foresee great time ahead of the present. There was a stirring in the winds, the fate of the balance she still believed in was breaking. One side had begun to push too hard, the other not hard enough. The vampires were forgetting their roots - loosing all control, and the humans were losing the will to go on.

While all this chaos unfolded she did nothing. For such a long time she had done nothing but observe. Perhaps this path was seen as that of a coward, but it took true strength to do nothing when once can do anything. Bringing her body to its feet and letting out a sigh, she once again let the world pass her by, let her powers rest. Allow her mind to cease its search for a future she could follow in.

Though now it seemed time to once again become a woman of action. Though violence was still something she was highly capable of, she would avoid it. It was a time for words. Her words would be strong, and true - and they would not be ignored this time around. Balance was being lost... the future was becoming very, uncertain. Stability must be restored. The earth seemed to cry to her in frustration, most life upon her surface dieing... it wailed in pain to her. Screaming to her for help.

Come get some wonderful art from; Arc Angels Wonderful Art Store!

Last edited by Smores; 07-01-2012 at 12:45 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-01-2012, 12:59 AM

Bell blinked when Altain grabbed him and pulled him close. He smirked a little bit, though that smirk fell from his lips as Altain began to speak. Bell was honestly surprised by the name Altain uttered as his mark. Cyril. Perhaps he should have expected such a thing, but Bell hadn't. He was quick to stamp down on his surprise though, quick to keep his eyes and body from revealing anything that could give him away. Honestly he had no real reason to be loyal to this man, Cyril still held his loyalty for now, but did Cyril really deserve such loyalty? Bell would find out soon enough.

"Pfft. Minions. Send me after minions." He rolled his eyes, a hint of annoyance in his expression. Bell glanced at Lucrese when Altain said she would go with him. She couldn't. If she came with him either Cyril would kill her, or she would tell this aristocrat that he was a minion of Cyril. "She's young and hungry. She'll just get in my way or slow me down." Bell blinked, Altain was already gone. He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair. His eyes on Lucrese. "Stay here, or go somewhere else, but don't follow me." Then Bell was turning, and running off in a seemingly random direction.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 07-01-2012, 01:36 AM

Shadow

"Ugh!" Shadow groaned from the rooftop he was on. This place was turning out to be a bit more boaring then he had thought it would be. He saw the buildings falling around him, people running and screaming, but it was not his kind of action. The only one he loved people to be running from and screaming because of, was himself. He smirked lightly showing his longer canines, as he places a boot on the edge of the roof. He leaned over to eye the conversation that was going on below him. Seemed someone needed someone else taken care of. He didn't mind the idea of doing something like that himself, although he wasn't prone to playing around.

If he was going to get involved in taking someone out, he would tear them to bits. Although, he wouldn't mind taking his time and playing with his prey a bit. He sighs once more, and looks at a nearby building as it collapsed, taking a few pathetic people with it. He reached a hand up, brushing his hair out of his face. He flexed his hands a bit, his claws were itching to come out and dig into flesh and bone. He growls lightly, and pushes off of the edge turning away. He ran to the other side, and jumpped to the next roof over.

He landed hard, and felt the slight shudder up his legs, but it didn't stop him for even a second. He kept going jumping once more onto a building that was collapsing. He smiled as the building fell fast under his feet, he waits for the perfect moment, before jumping into the half that was still standing where the rest had once been. He laughed, some of the things in this town were a rush, but it would be even better if he could find a kill. He licked his lips lightly, and turned to look back as the fallen half of the building fell into a large casm that now ran through the street blocking it off.

"Tsk tsk, people should take better care of their town" he mused with another laugh. He placed his hands in his pockets, casually walking down the stairs to the door. He opens it up and steps out onto the street which was finally beginning to calm. "Aw, over already? Well that was no fun" he walked down the street, seeing a few stragglers running around. Some injured, he enjoyed watching the blood drip from their wounds. One guy was missing an arm, and it actually caused Shadow to laugh. He was going to have fun here.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-01-2012, 04:52 AM

Tessa scowled. Of course she wouldn't rather be dead. This man was infuriating. Mostly, Tessa's life was infuriating. Her fists were clenched as he leaned casually against the counter. The man in the bath tub's face flashed in her mind, then his wife and daughter's.

Her eyebrow twitched and she closed her eyes. Who did this guy think he was? He certainly didn't run things and he couldn't just go around destroying lives, for what? What did he gain by doing that? What did vampires gain by doing that?

What had the vampires who killed her parents gained? Tessa's heart was picking up it's pace once again. Her palms were sweaty, and her head started to hurt. She'd finally snapped it would seem, but she was trying to control herself. Without an effective weapon, it probably wouldn't do her any good to attack this man.

She pictured the night her and her brother had walked home to find two vampires feeding on their parents. She pictured the arrogant smile plastered on the face of the dark haired monster who dropped her mother's lifeless body and began to make his attack on her and her brother.

A power rose in Tessa that she couldn't control, something that had been hidden inside of her since birth. As the vampire attacked, Tessa somehow created some this invisible force that blasted the vampire away from them. The lights began to flicker and the things in the room began lifting off the floor and tables, and without warning lamps and vases and other small object began to explode. Even the windows busted out on both floors of the home.

The vampires quickly took their leave. Tessa blacked out after that and couldn't recall anything that had happened. Now as she stood in the penthouse before Zander with her fists clenched and her eyes closed, her power was rising once again.

The things in the penthouse were slowly beginning to levitate. Tessa was familiar with the feeling that came with this power, but she couldn't stop it now. She snapped her eyes open to stare at Zander with a deep frown. "How dare you treat lives like insignificant trash." The lights in the entire building were flickering in and out due to the power Tessa was drawing from them.

She didn't actually want to kill this man, she had no intention of ever doing any of this, it just happened, and now she couldn't be sure what would happen. Hazel eyes never left his as if they were challenging him all on their own. Eventually Tessa would snap out of it and wouldn't remember a thing, not right away at least, but when and how was the question.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 07-01-2012, 05:02 AM

Zander looked around slightly at the items floating and the lights flickering. HE smirked a bit "seems you have some power in your mind after all, though you have a long way to go beofre your in my league" he walked over to her. "I never said lives were insignificant trash...don't put words in my mouth" he passed her and moved to the door. His senses were on edge, his own mind placing up a mental barrier, focusing on every aspect of the world around him at that very moment.

If needed he would not hesitate to make a move. This was not a time for fighting right now, and if she was smart she would lern that and fast. He sighs lightly and walks out into the hall. The shaking had stopped, and he was heading towards the stairs. He wanted to get out of there as far away from the memories that penthouse held for him. Her words made him think, and he hated those kind of thoughts.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-01-2012, 05:10 AM

Tessa couldn't hear anything Zander had said. Not in that state. He was lucky he left when he did because in the next moment all of the angry energy exploded from Tessa's body. The windows exploded from the penthouse and the objects that didn't disintegrate or fly out the windows were smashed into the walls.

Hazel eyes, once glazed, returned to normal. She blinked once. Where was she and how had she gotten there? What had happened to this room? She blinked again but this time her eyes didn't open. A single drop of blood fell from her nose onto the floor seconds before her body followed.

It was apparent that Tessa's body couldn't handle the power within it and if she couldn't learn to control it, it would certainly be the death of her one day. For now, she'd merely passed out, alone, as she so recently was in this scary world.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 07-01-2012, 05:17 AM

Zander sighed, and leans against the wall outside. "Fool" he whispers. He decided to wait for her to wake from upstairs and come down.
(so small x.x But not sure what to say till she wakes)

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-01-2012, 05:20 AM

((Oh I thought he left. Lol I was just going to have her wake after a few other people posted and it was morning. He could always poke her with a stick to wake her up earlier. Lol :lol:))

Smores
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-01-2012, 05:36 AM

The silent beauty walked effortlessly over the fresh layer of ash that coated the vast, barren wasteland. Her stiletto heels effortlessly moving as if not phased by the terrain on which they walked upon. Her mind was wandering, once again she opened herself up to the world and to the things around her, be them human or vampire - she was looking for a vision, one of guidance. As she turned her head to watch as the ash brought down what remained of an old roof, there was what seemed like a human figure off in the distance. One of a child at that.

In what was a flash, Malena had traveled a ridiculous amount of ground in an incredibly phenomenal amount of time. Her vampire age truly showed in her movements, though even more so in her wisdom - and was incredibly terrifying in her fighting. As she came upon the figure her eyes quickly made it out as a young girl, dead at the young age of about seven. Her body strewn across the rubble and covered in suit and ash.

The pale hands of the vampire reached out to the cold body and picked her up, looking closer into her eyes - eyes that no longer showed a flicker of life. So many times had Melena seen children the victim of this time period. Not just the human children either, but the vampire kind had also lost their fair share of youth. With absolute control over her emotions, she let her self feel nothing anymore. She needed to be unbiased as one who saw the future - this was a skill she mastered early on in her vampire life time. Still, she knew much of what was respect for the innocent found dead, much of decency.

Brushing the hair out of the girls eyes, she placed her back on the ground and spotted a ruffle but a few feet away. Melena left the girl to reach for the object, and upon picking it up and dusting it off did she see it was a stuffed bear. Dirty as most things were in this time period, though it was clearly the last thing those tiny human hands held. Placing the stuffed bear on the little girl Melena made her way through the rubble for a moment, glancing around at the chaos - taking it all in. She drew in several breathes with her arms out stretched, grasping for some sort of vision. Though it was not one that she sought.

In a second, several images flashed through her mind. A human girl, with mental powers of a vampire - though completely untrained and raw. Another image of death and destruction followed, yet another town was being destroyed by her kind. The people there would be ripped to shreds. Quickly as they came the images drifted away, Melena left to sort them out on her own as she always had. Turning her head back to whence she came, the cliff side, she made a hasty dash - and it was as if she never went off her intended path.

Children were the innocent in the eyes of Melena, while she was not innocent of slaughtering youth with her own hands - she now tried to see to it that the blood of tomorrow, the blood of the youth, was not spilled. With her arms crossed and sights set on no particular destination - Melena would do as she always has. Wander alone and left to her own devices.

Last edited by Smores; 07-01-2012 at 05:42 AM..