Tatsuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2012, 08:13 PM

...I'll just leave this here

Last edited by Tatsuki; 01-29-2012 at 08:23 PM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-29-2012, 09:45 PM

i think if you can pixel you should post some.
everyone has great ideas.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunanuova View Post
I wish I could do pixelling, I think I'd have good ideas for items/clothes. I am excited to see more pixels in this thread! Hope we find some good ones.

please post them, luna sweetie.

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 01-29-2012, 10:12 PM

Tatsuki, your pixels are so cute. :)

Tatsuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2012, 10:16 PM

thank joo, Siri! ^.^

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-29-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsuki View Post

...I'll just leave this here

this would look so good with your avi, Tatsuki!

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 01-29-2012, 11:14 PM

I've never pixelled before, but I'm going to try my hand at a little something. :)

Tatsuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-29-2012, 11:45 PM

Siri, look up Kawaii Hannah, she's got some amazingly good tutorials =D

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 PM

Tatsuki, you inspired me to make some more stuff! :D

I made the cloud last night; and it's my second favorite, next to the leaf skirt.

Last edited by Apricot; 01-30-2012 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: Spelling errors make me cry. ; _ ;

Tatsuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-30-2012, 12:16 AM

yay for inspiration! =D
I like the cloud hat and the boots! =3

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-30-2012, 03:06 AM

Tatsuki, that is the way to pixel with palette. XD *pokes the nicely arranged palette*

Apricot, the cloud beret is cute! Nice idea.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-30-2012, 04:58 AM

I love that blue dress, xuvrette. Lovely movement at the hem :yes: I'm intrigued by what you're saying with switching stuff to indexed. Do you mean you save it as a gif to automatically reduce the colours?

Apricot, I love that leaf skirt :heart: That is very nicely made and I'd be very happy to buy that from you with some gold :O The cloud hat makes me giggle, I like that too, I'm never sure whether fantasy items like that get used much though, maybe because I don't use them myself? I dunno :ninja:

Your boots are neat, the shape's geat! The black and white bits seem to jar with the yellow a bit though, and the light on the avie's right boot is kinda wrong, as our light source comes in from the avie's right :yes:

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 AM

@xuverrte and @Tatsuki
:) Thank you~ <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
I love that blue dress, xuvrette. Lovely movement at the hem :yes: I'm intrigued by what you're saying with switching stuff to indexed. Do you mean you save it as a gif to automatically reduce the colours?

Apricot, I love that leaf skirt :heart: That is very nicely made and I'd be very happy to buy that from you with some gold :O The cloud hat makes me giggle, I like that too, I'm never sure whether fantasy items like that get used much though, maybe because I don't use them myself? I dunno :ninja:

Your boots are neat, the shape's geat! The black and white bits seem to jar with the yellow a bit though, and the light on the avie's right boot is kinda wrong, as our light source comes in from the avie's right :yes:
I don't think there's a Smilie on here, that properly conveys what I'm feeling right now--which is mixture of euphoria, elation and exhaustion. ^\\\\^ I'm absolutely floored to know that you like the skirt. Next to the cloud hat, I spent the most time and detail on it! =3 I am fine with you doing whatever you want with it. :drool: I would totally love, love, love, love to be able to wear it, though. 8D

As for the thing about fantasy items; I think it depends on the item. If there are other things like it, I'm sure people will go out and collect them all, just to see how they'll look together. Which is what I did, when Rainbow of Iris came out, and I realized it would look good with my Rainbow Shawl.

Speaking of the Rainbow of Iris; including it, there are 3 items with clouds in them (that I can think of off the top of my head) so, I'm sure the hat could fit right in with them. :3 If all else fails, I can ask around, and see who would want the hat? Oh, look at me getting ahead of myself. :oops:

Thank you. I was studying the leg shape of the avatar, and after seeing a picture floating around on the internet, decided to try my hand at go-go boots. I think, judging by the weird coloring and stuff, that it's pretty obvious that I dove in, feet-first, without looking. :lol: The lighting problem, I think, will be easy to fix and I'm working on it right now--I'll totally have it fixed, after proper rest--but, the coloring... Ack...! I dunno what to do! :gonk:

I want the boots to be a vibrant color at the same time, and have something on them--to distinguish them from all the others around--but, can't think of anything off the top of my head! :headdesk: My mind is elsewhere, I guess. ^_^ I want to make a toy box bursting with plushies and stuff; because, my short attention span demands more stuffed animals. :illgetu:

:cool: Long post is long.

Last edited by Apricot; 01-30-2012 at 08:25 AM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
For small items and when I have the mood to churn out one edit in 1 year, I will dot the pixel one by one. But as you have guessed, I am lazy.

So I always search for ways to fasten the process. That index mode actually can set how many colours you allow in the palette and can also set which color you allow, then photoshop will automatically render the soft shading part to pixely gradient and restricted to the colours you choose. Most of the time, it renders correctly. Only with a few stray pixels which you can fix manually. (still save a lot of time than dot one by one.)

Which is why I mention I am pretty flexible in shading style because I am constantly looking for different ways to do things.

Most of the pixel I showed are free and gift, so it is rush job.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-30-2012, 11:51 AM

Interesting stuff!

Apricot, you're having fun though, right? :D

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM

I've been having fun in loads! :) I haven't done pixel art consistantly, since I was selling it on D.A, so this is bringing back good memories. I read my post again, and I didn't mean to come off like I was frustrated. I was just really bodily tired, but my mind was running on hyperspeed. ^_^ Thanks for asking!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 01-30-2012, 03:27 PM

I like the cloud hat~ = w= Though there is something about it that's striking me as off. (Not to say that there is anything wrong with it, just my pickyness probably. :lol: ) But it's still my favorite out of what you've done so far, Apri~

Nice works here so far. :yes:

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 01-30-2012, 03:30 PM

:) Thank you, Ikuto. I'm not even mad at you for turning into a crocodile, and nomming my legs off.

Last edited by Apricot; 01-30-2012 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: D; Those darn spelling errors!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 01-30-2012, 03:35 PM

That's good. c:
Some people don't forgive those kinds of things.

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 01-30-2012, 03:38 PM

:ninja: Who are 'some people'...? Do I know them?

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 01-30-2012, 04:36 PM

Perhaps. :ninja:

-flails at own attempted pixeling- xDD

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 01-30-2012, 04:50 PM

>w> Did you want to tell me who they are?

*Rolls around* I wanna see eet! 8D

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 01-30-2012, 05:18 PM

Nope! 8D

Lmao, there's nothing to see. I draw a few lines and am all "eff this"! -flips table-

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 01-30-2012, 05:19 PM

I second Tatsuki's recommendation for Kawaii Hannah's tutorials. They are effing brilliant <3

And I will be the first to say shortcuts don't help you learn anything ;D
My pixelest friend who is teaching me say I'm not allowed to use the short cuts until I've properly learned it the hard way first, and it's really helped me get better very quickly =3

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 PM

Flipping tables is bad. D: LOOK AT THOSE TUTORIALS, before you run out of tables, IKUTO! >8U

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 PM

Okay! :gonk:
I shall pixel something before ze day is over!

Maybe.
Possibly.