Admiral
Chancellor
Send a message via AIM to Admiral

Old 12-09-2013, 11:25 AM

Alrighty. I'll work on the rest of it today and tomorrow then. :3

Ah, mine probably won't be that good, I'm sure people have way better stories.

When I do my avatars, I tend to have a theme. Like right now, I'm slowly building up towards a vargant lady pirate. ...very slowly.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 12-09-2013, 01:01 PM

What other items are you questing for to complete your current theme? :B

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-09-2013, 04:43 PM

Hummmm.. there are so many things that can work! But I'm not telling you for the fears you're going to try and give/buy them for me. ;;

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 12-09-2013, 06:15 PM

If I promise not to? I'm genuinely curious.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-09-2013, 06:33 PM

another good tip
put your auction in your siggie
then travel around mene to different forums

welcome, welcome!

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-09-2013, 09:34 PM

@Iroase- Hmm.. let's see... jewelry items, bracelets, ankelts, and a necklace- all silver, a black bandana, a weapon of some sort, possibly the riding crop.. but guns would be the best, I just don't know of any or how much they'd be.

@hummy-Ahh, it's in my sig and I try to travel, but my free time is limited, so sometimes I get to hop and some days I just check my account. Thank you for the tip though, I'll see if I can't spruce it up some.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-10-2013, 08:50 AM

Hrmmm I cant wait to see this finished avatar of yours ;3.... Yarr matey...

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-10-2013, 11:34 AM

Well, it may be a long time. Or a lot of art. I'm not sure how I'll earn my money apart from art and entering writing contests right now.

I may donate so I can play on the DAC. Or just skulk about at all the avatars and piece everything together.

*goes back to coloring for Kas*

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 12-10-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
@Iroase- Hmm.. let's see... jewelry items, bracelets, ankelts, and a necklace- all silver, a black bandana, a weapon of some sort, possibly the riding crop.. but guns would be the best, I just don't know of any or how much they'd be.
That sounds like a good array of items! The guns in the Armory are not too terribly expensive. About 325g for the silver pistols to 375g for the gold shotguns and a selection in between.

I remember when I first started out here, I was stubbornly in my boxers for several months building up gold for accessories and CIs.
(CIs were 300g back then, amazing! It also took me about a week to scrape up that amount of gold, though. So...)

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-10-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten View Post

That sounds like a good array of items! The guns in the Armory are not too terribly expensive. About 325g for the silver pistols to 375g for the gold shotguns and a selection in between.

I remember when I first started out here, I was stubbornly in my boxers for several months building up gold for accessories and CIs.
(CIs were 300g back then, amazing! It also took me about a week to scrape up that amount of gold, though. So...)
Well, I have the basics for my pirate, but I need to give her the rest of what she needs. Weapons, jewelry, a pet, and possibly a treasure chest/flag/piles of treasure. And once I find all those things I can save up! Ooooh, 300g CI's. o-o

@PrincessKasumi- I finished your drawing, I just need to upload it for your approval! Going to ask my supervisors later.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 12-10-2013, 04:09 PM

You're going to LOVE the Pirate's Booty CI, then. Of course, as it's an old CI, it's also gotten a little costly and hard to get..
Nevertheless, good luck!

I think that was around September/October 2007? The Oriental Fan was the first CI I bought.

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-10-2013, 06:54 PM

Ahhh, so expensive, but I want it! Dunno how much I'll have to auction for it though. @_@ I may wear down all my prisma pencils at this rate, but it'll be worth it.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 12-10-2013, 07:01 PM

Well, there's an event coming up, so you may get more lucky there with your auction!

You can also place it in your signature to let people know you're questing, so they are aware and they may be more interested in helping you achieve your goals.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-10-2013, 08:12 PM

Eeeee! I can't wait to see it!

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-10-2013, 10:47 PM

@PrincessKasumi- Okei, this is the picture, but it's not scanned obviously, because my supervisors are weird and I haven't had the chance to ask them yet. >: Mermaid But yeah, I hope that link works. o-o Also, if you don't like it, let me know and I'll redo it! :3

@Iroase- Ahh, I don't know about putting it in my signature, I feel like people may just give me things and I don't often draw enough to repay people. ;; I may just save up money after money after money. ...Or look at all the pretties and get everything else. oxo

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 PM

Well, if you're not keen on getting donations, how about something like:
"I'm questing for an item I REALLY want! Help me get it by bidding in my art auction? "

That way, they'll be helping to towards your quest, and you'd be working fairly for it still, if that's what you're worried about. ;)

Of course, they're just suggestions. Do what you feel is best for you! (owo)b

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-10-2013, 10:57 PM

Oh yeah! That's a much better idea, Iroase! You're so smart. *hugs*

I'm going to have to figure out how to word that all. o3o' But for now, I'll find the items I want and post them on my account.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 12-10-2013, 11:00 PM

To better keep track of your quests, you can start a thread for them in the Quest forums if you want. You can earn a neat 50g too that way!

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-10-2013, 11:04 PM

oh my she's naked xD

I love it ;3

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-10-2013, 11:51 PM

@Iroase- Ah! Things I am going to do right now! ...Holy hey, I just previewed Pirate's Booty. O_O So want now! Edited: Ah, I have a quest now and it is mine. Although as to where it is going I do not know. It is simply here now. o3o ...Also is that a pickle you are holding, Iroase?

Ah. o-o An interesting discussion we had today that I have brought up numerous times people ask me about (nearly) anything I draw. Mermaids vs. clothes. And I had long ago come to the conclusion that mermaids do not need to wear anything on top. And then we just sit around and talk about various things that they could wear and why they wouldn't work. Today's topic was: starfish. It was quite amusing to tell people about starfish and the pain of having an organism live on you and such. Normally it comes down to underwater pressure, clothes disintigrating (spelled that wrong, I'm sure), and chafing (possibly spelled that wrong). o3o So I always keep them topless. ...But also nipple-less.

If you don't like it I can do another. ;; I was having fun with the swing though. And it still needs to be scanned. o-o D: I can redo it!

Last edited by Admiral; 12-11-2013 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Iroase

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-11-2013, 09:20 AM

xD They can wear scales or shells.. haha.. probably not ._. the scales sound like a good idea though, it's skin

But no it's fine! XD I love the swing that was a pleasant surprise!

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-11-2013, 11:27 AM

I'm glad you like the swing, I was a bit tickled when it came out myself. I've never seen a mermaid swing, but I can only assume it's mostly for looks.

If they are born with scales it'd be fabby fine, but if they're not then they'd have to find scales that don't fall apart. Also it'd be a problem of keeping them on, I think. Ah, but I should stop rambling about scales.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 12-11-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
@Iroase- Ah! Things I am going to do right now! ...Holy hey, I just previewed Pirate's Booty. O_O So want now! Edited: Ah, I have a quest now and it is mine. Although as to where it is going I do not know. It is simply here now. o3o ...Also is that a pickle you are holding, Iroase?
That CI has about half the things you need to achieve full pirate status.

This green goodness is a cucumber, alas! But it can be a pickle if you want to.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-11-2013, 10:15 PM

x3 it's never called a cucumber, always a pickle

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-11-2013, 10:57 PM

I'm not surprised. Most people don't think of cucumbers when they see that. o-o But it looks like a pickle and I was remembering fondly the memories of "find the pickle" on Christmas when JC and I would look for the pickle ornament with our cousins when we went to our grandparent's house. o3o JC usually found it. D:

*curls up in a ball, is so sleepy, but cannot sleep yet*

Ah, I finished all the work I have to do for this week, so tomorrow I'm going to see about scanning that drawing in for you, Kasumi! Although getting it uploaded will be its own problem. ...Maybe wait until the 20th if you're okay with that? o-o When I have my scanner back.