Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-01-2016, 01:26 AM

Name: Quinn
Orientation: oblivious Bi
Ethnicity: half white, half Native American (Hopi)
Appearance:

He has dark hair and eyes, though his skin is a perfect mix between light and dark. He has a toned body and he stands 5’7” tall. Face is handsome with somewhat sharp features. His hair is relatively short and he usually styles his bangs up off his forehead, but its long enough that his un-styled hair sits half-way down his forehead and the sides brush just slightly over his ears. He wears casual but fashionable clothing, often sporting cord necklaces and showing off his arms with tank-tops. He has a tattoo on his back of an elk skull, colored in autumn tones with a small bright splash of green in the vines.
hair un-styled
Personality: He’s friendly and helpful even toward strangers. A popular guy, he makes and keeps friends easily. His easy nature leads him to not take offense at teasing or jokes, or even biting words. If you insult him and he agrees, he’ll let it slide with just a laugh. He gets great joy out of running and menial physical labor. It makes his body feel alive. He cares deeply for people, animals, and nature, viewing them all much the same. He respects the Hopi teachings, though he doesn’t live a traditional lifestyle by far. He respects other people’s views and lives as much as his own, though he has a temper that can come out quickly and unexpectedly with harsh words if you do manage to trip some fuse. He can’t stand bigotry and baseness cruelty to nature to the point he borders on activism. Though he’s mostly calm and quiet about it. He’s spiritual, leaving him quiet and tame at his true base.
Bio: His father is Hopi and his mother is an American he met in college. Though his father was raised on a reservation, he has followed a different path in his life. Still, he wanted his son to know his heritage and has passed legends on to him and he’s spent time with his grandfather who is a true Hopi. Quinn has kept both his heritage in mind and an open heart when it comes to race and culture. He studied environmental science in college and is currently deciding if he wants to do higher education. His father encourages it, but he’s happy to just work as well. He did track all through school (distance running).

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-14-2017 at 02:22 PM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-01-2016, 02:01 AM

Name: Shane Lorens-Kim
Orientation: Gay
Occupation: College Student in his last year of undergrad, Chemical Engineering major
Appearance: Tall, but not a giant, around 5’11”ish. Has medium tannish skin due to mixed heritage that includes Native American, Japanese, and Korean as well as some mixed Northern European heritage. His hair is a dark brown which he keeps cut short and more often than not spikes up; he’s also highlighted his hair with a dark, dark purple that blends in with his hair but also stands out in the right light. He’s relatively thin without much muscle definition and a little bit of softness on his stomach. and in his face. His eyes are dark brown. His lips are rather plush and dark and give his face an over all handsome appearance. He’s got a long, thin scar on his face under his right eye, running parallel to his eye. He tends to wear graphic teas under nice, structured jackets for a looks that’s both stylish but comfortable (1 and 2). Prefers skinny jeans in dark colors, usually blue jean or black. Pairs most outfits with converse or oxfords and boots on rare occasions or when it’s cold.
Personality: Confident in an easy and self-assured way, not in a showy way. He knows who he is and is content with it. He’s been out since early high school and was certain of his identity even before that. He was one of those kids who when watching movies always wanted to find his prince, not his princess. As such, he’s never been with a girl. He has dated several guys though, and is really just searching for the person he wants to be with for the rest of his life. His inconvenient crush on his straight roommate is something he’ll just have to get over, and something he’s determined to do. Even if it means dating every guy on campus, which reveals a stubbornness that has gotten him into many an argument or a spot of trouble. Has very little interest in his heritage, figuring it's far to complex to trace out, if people ask he just says he's Asian and leaves it at that.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-01-2016, 03:12 AM

Quinn checked his phone as he left work, flipping through the numerous messages with a quick finger. A few friends sent random pictures or inquiries to hang out. He set those aside for later, noting nothing from his roommate Shane who was quickly becoming a good friend. He stopped on a message from Jamie, the girl he wouldn't really call his girlfriend though they hooked up a few times already. 'Can I come over tonight?' she'd asked. He started typing as he sat in his car, letting music flow out of the radio.

'Just for a while. Don't think Shane will mind.'

With the message sent, he headed back to the apartment he shared with the other man. They'd been living together for three months and while they knew each other before, they hadn't been great friends. Just regular friends in that way that Quinn was regular friends with just about everyone he'd come in contact with for more than ten minutes. He just couldn't help but chat with everyone he met and he liked them all for who they were. He enjoyed hanging with Shane more than some though.

Reaching home, he unlocked the door and called out, not sure if Shane was home from his classes at that point. "I'm home! Brought muffins if you want one!" he greeted before he even finished shutting the door. Kicking it closed behind, he dropped the muffins off in the kitchen, dragging a hand through his short dark hair at the same time, leaving the bangs pushed away from his forehead and intense dark eyes. Eyes he got from his Hopi father. His shorter frame he got from his white mother, something he couldn't be more any happier for.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-01-2016, 03:38 AM

Shane sighed as he flopped his head down on top of the pile of books he was sorting through in the library. He had a paper coming up and it required far more research than he really enjoyed including in a paper, as reading the textbooks and other articles often left him with his brain swirling and unable to focus on anything, much less the actual words he was reading. With his head still resting on the pile of books, he groaned, and decided maybe it was just time to head back to the apartment. It'd be quiet there, and at least the view would be better, as right now his only view was a sea of other equally stressed out students.

He stood, packing up a few of the books to check out and take with him, while dropping the rest on the cart that would let the library staff know they needed to be resolved. Once he left the library, he pulled his phone out of his backpack, now laden down with the books, making him walk slower, and didn't notice any texts. So he shrugged and headed towards the apartment.

The walk home was a short one, something he'd requested when him and Quinn had moved in together, he didn't want to have to drive unless absolutely necessary. As such, he was outside the apartment door around the time Quinn started yelling, something in the apartment. He chuckled and opened the door, "I don't know what you said, but perhaps check if I'm home next time, huh?" he teased, walking up behind the other man, noticing the bag of muffins, he took one and took a bite, talking around a mouthful, he said, "Hm, just what I needed after three hours in the library."

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 06-01-2016 at 04:50 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-01-2016, 03:18 PM

Quinn turned with a large grin on his face. "Oh hey. I was just calling to see if you were home. Guess we finished at the same time today." Motioning to the muffins set in a robin egg colored tray, he continued to chatter before taking one himself. "They're banana nut. Mrs Baker....er, baked too much for some party and brought them for me because I'm her favorite," he explained. Anna Baker was the middle aged woman he often worked with at the store and she liked to treat her younger coworkers like her children, not that Quinn minded.

"So, how was school today? I can't decide if I envy or pity you for still doing that. I'm pretty sure I don't miss the library though." With a sympathetic look, he nodded at his roommate. School probably didn't suit him as much as work, but it also had its own charm and uses.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-02-2016, 12:18 AM

"Well, they're good, and we all know I'll happily keep benefitting of Mrs. Baker's preferential treatment of you." Shane said, as he took another bite of the muffin, having basically demolished it by now, already contemplating another. "And yeah, I'm done for the day, or at least done being at the school. I still need to work, but I couldn't be there anymore. You know how it is." He shrugged, leaning against the counter next to Quinn as they talked. "I don't know, I envy you. At least work doesn't require you to bring it home. And I've signed up for at least three more years of this torture to. Insane, huh?" he tilted his head at Quinn, relaxed in his presence.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-02-2016, 12:37 AM

Quinn chuckled back as he picked pieces off his muffin with his fingers, nibbling with much less gusto than Shane. "I know how it is. Except I would have given up hours earlier than you and I wouldn't take it home with me. I'd just take a nap," he admitted. He did care for the environment science classes he took and he did put in effort during school despite his words. But still, he never fit into the model of nerd or studious, but rather found his place best with the jocks. Everyone welcomed him and he flitted between all the cliques, but track was his truest home along with the volunteer organization he met Shane at.

"Well, you probably made the right decision. My dad keeps telling me I should go back to school and do something with my life," he admitted, dragging a hand through his hair again with a sheepish smile that softened his features. "Work is tough too, ya know."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-02-2016, 01:16 AM

Shane flicked Quinn in the head, "Well that's cuz you were too busy running to actually spend the time I do studying. Like you'd ever catch me dead on the track. Different type of work, same exhaustion at the end of the day though. Both for the track team and your job." He said with a shrug.

"I mean you always could go back, but the job market will probably still suck, so who knows how much it would serve you." he said, sincere, since that was part of why he was staying in school and considering further schooling after his Master's. "You could always tell your dad that, see if it'll get him to stop."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-02-2016, 02:15 AM

Laughing, Quinn waved Shane's hand off, not the least bit bothered by the flick. "I like running okay? I don't have to think. It's just...my legs, the sky, and the endless field in front of me. Nothing else." He sighed, a wistful look on his face. He didn't run like he had in track much. He was always running around at work and sometimes he went out and just ran for the sheer joy of it in the evenings, but he wasn't running marathons. He'd been a long distance runner.

"I'm sure he'll only half listen if I say that. Being opinionated and all. Not that I care." Quinn finished his muffin and pulled away to throw the wrapper away, getting distracted by the window and the blue sky outside. It looked so perfect framed in such a small window. He knew better though. "I mean, I want to go out and change the world still, but I'm not sure that I need to study to do that."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-02-2016, 02:46 AM

Shane pushed off the counter and moved to flop onto the couch, he'd start back up on his work later, right now he deserved at least a little bit of a break, staring at the ceiling, "You should run a marathon or something. Get back into the grove of things. I'll go stand at the finish line to cheer you on," he grinned over at Quinn, not having the slightest intention of actually running with Quinn.

Wrinkling his nose, Shane sighed, "True, when do parents every really listen to any of that anyway." It's not like most easily accepted that their children were growing up in a different world than before. "Oh, well, you'll get there eventually. We're still young after all plenty of time for the rest of that."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-02-2016, 04:19 AM

Humming, Quinn followed Shane into the living area and leaned over the back of the couch. "I guess I just haven't found a marathon I want to run. But maybe next time. You're not exactly a sexy blonde, but I look forward to seeing you at the finish line," he chuckled. Pulling away again, he stepped toward his room. "Oh, and speaking of being young, Jamie is coming over for a while tonight, so you can avert your eyes and all that." He flashed a grin and a little wink. More than likely their little alone time would end up as more, it being that sort of relationship. They were both men, so Shane should understand if they got a little out of line.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-02-2016, 10:54 PM

"Hey! I may not be blonde, but I am sexy!" Shane responded, fake indignant, sitting up slightly to keep sight of Quinn as he walked away. He sighed, when he mentioned Jamie would come over, thought quietly not really wanting the other to hear. "Yeah that'll be fine. I'll just go study in my room. You probably won't see me for the rest of the night anyway. You know how I get when I get focused on a paper." Also, he didn't particularly want to see Quinn and Jamie flirting and whatever else they would get up to. He bit back a groan, masking it by flopping back down on the couch, why did his brain and body have to betray him like this with this stupid hopeless crush on his straight roommate.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-03-2016, 03:09 AM

Quinn snorted and laughed at the same time, grinning back at Shane without missing a beat. "I mean, if you say so, dude. I bet all the girls tell you that," he threw back. Giving his roommate a knowing look. It was an easy sort of playing around to fall into. Hearing his phone buzz, he returned back to seriousness. "But cool. I guess it's good you're so serious with that stuff. Talk to you later. I've got messages to respond to before Jamie steals all my attention away." He made a face like the thought pained him, but his eyes still smiled as he pushed his way into his room, throwing a wave over his shoulder.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-04-2016, 02:16 AM

"I, um, oh, yeah," Shane stuttered as Quinn walked into the other room, not really able to respond and say he had very little interest in what girls had to say to him anyway. It wasn't exactly who he wanted attention from. It was like every chance he tried to take to tell Quinn he was gay the other didn't really give him the chance to say what he needed to. It wasn't that he was afraid, except the lingering nervous that always came around coming out. And someone as obviously straight as Quinn, well, he didn't want to ruin their friendship. But he hated not being fully out, especially when it was for something as dumb as just not having the opportunity to say anything. Sighing, he pushed off the couch and headed toward his own room, not wanting to be in the living room when Jamie arrived, plus thinking a nap was exactly what he needed at the moment.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-04-2016, 03:06 PM

Ten minutes later, Jamie arrived at the door. Quinn greeted her with a kiss and then a deeper one that the shorter blonde girl with tomboyish hair answered with. "Hey. You want a muffin or we could watch some tv?" he suggested. But she just shook her head, a coy grin on her face.

"Nah. Let's just go to your room." Typical. Maybe a little too typical for them. He smiled back as he let the way, never letting go of her hand.

"That works for me too." With that, they tumbled in and he shut the door behind with a single kick of his foot.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-05-2016, 01:06 AM

A few days later, after Shane had wound down from the stress of his paper, and was looking at a couple of weeks without anything other than reading for homework. He suggested that he and Quinn have a guy's night out. Go to dinner and go see the new popular action movie they'd be wanting to see, since neither of them really had plans for the week. They ended up going to dinner before the movie and were just relaxing and talking without the stress or work hanging over them at the moment.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-06-2016, 04:23 AM

It was a nice change from the week of work, sleep, work, eat. Playing around, answering texts, the overabundant messages from Jamie. Shane was more than happy for a real guys night out. With his phone in his back pocket and all the excuse he needed not to look at it, he smiled at Shane over dinner. "So what's new? Have I missed out on anything wonderful and gossip worthy this week?" he asked in a lull after the usual greet and light chatter. "You never tell me any of your gossip. You know I'm dying to hear it!" It seemed he was the one always sharing it. This time, he wanted to hear something good.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-06-2016, 04:58 AM

Shane leveled a stare at Quinn, raising one eyebrow, he shook his head, "I promise you my life really isn't that interesting. I'm not a social butterfly like you. I can't go out for a walk and come back with some new story about the lady down block and the crazy affair she's having." He chuckled slightly at that, it was a course something that had happened before, since people just enjoyed talking to Quinn. "I'm just glad school has slowed down for a little bit, I needed a break after the last couple weeks." As he was saying this, his eyes kept drifting over the restaurant, not really focusing on anything particular, just aware of what was going on around them. His eyes eventually focused on a guy who'd just walk in, an absent-minded, "Oh, he's cute." slipping out of his mouth. Realizing as soon as he said it, he turned back to Quinn, eyes wide, "Oh, I'm gay, you do know that right?" he asked, slightly nervous but trusting his friend.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-08-2016, 03:45 PM

Quinn's mouth gaped. Opening and closing it a few times, he glanced between Shane and the guy who was apparently 'cute', before he managed to answer. "Huh, what? Oh...I mean, I kinda guessed that when we first met but I didn't know," he muttered as he scratched his head, looking for one odd second out of place. It wasn't that he had a problem with this. He told himself he wasn't even surprised, but he was to a small degree. It had been some time since he thought about it so he kidded himself that it wasn't true. It wasn't like he ever saw Shane with another guy. "But look, it's not a big deal, right? And you said you didn't have any gossip to share with me!" A rueful smile split his face.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-09-2016, 07:26 PM

Shane chuckled, watching his friend flounder for a couple of seconds, before shrugging in response, "I don't know. Doesn't really seem like gossip to me. It's just part of who I am, and I wasn't really hiding it from you anyway. It's not like I've been seeing any one anyway, so never really seemed to important to say. There just aren't enough gay guys on this campus" He smiled at Quinn, knowing from his reaction that he was okay, just surprised. And really Shane's problem was at least partially the lack of out gay guys, the other half was sitting in front of him accepting but still so painfully not an option.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-10-2016, 08:35 PM

Quinn chuckled, still baffled by his friend and this piece of information. Both his Hopi and his rather open American upbringing made acceptance easy, like there wasn't even something to consider as wrong about being gay. He didn't feel troubled that they lived together either because it really didn't have anything to do with him. He was straight and Shane knew that. "Honestly, you just don't know the gossip worthiness of your life. But seriously? No boyfriends or casual buddies?" he asked, easily slipping into the same friendly banter they had before. No matter who he targeted, Quinn still wanted to butt into all the details of his roommate's life. Grin widening even more, he leaned forward to a conspiratory distance. "Not even a crush?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-10-2016, 11:47 PM

Shane shook his head, "No, no boyfriends or casual dates, not recently anyway," Shane shook his head, "I think my last actual boyfriend was in high school, but that didn't last more than a couple weeks into college, and well, I've tried casual dating, but I don't know how much I enjoy it. It works as a distraction every now and again, but school has kept me busy enough lately I haven't felt the need." He paused, and in that space Quinn asked the much more dangerous question, the one that had him instantly flushing slightly, he shook his head even more fervently, a denial despite how false it was, "N-no, no crushes." he said, though he wasn't sure how convincing the words were.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2016, 09:05 PM

Quinn gave his friend a dubious look, instantly leaning even closer. Not blinking, he said only two utterly serious words. "I don't believe you." A second later, he leaned all the way back in his chair again, a giant grin bursting across his face. "Ah man, you're totally crushing on someone! And high school is way too long to go between dating. That was like, five years ago!" he exclaimed. Not that he offered a better example. His track record with dating was good, great even, though nothing lasted that long. He was a free spirit, though one more than happy to settle down...someday. It wasn't like he dated anyone he didn't actually like. He just liked everybody. "If you're stuck in a giant rut for this long because of a crush, you should just give up or confess already."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-12-2016, 01:21 AM

Shane leaned back, a little overwhelmed by the line of questioning and by the closeness of Quinn. He sighed, leaning back in his chair as he considered how to respond to the question, knowing Quinn wouldn't let him off the hook. Finally he shook his head, "Fine, what's the point in arguing, you'll get the answer out of me eventually." He shrugged, "There's not point in confessing though. It's a useless crush on a straight guy. You know the ultimate thing I can't have, having the wrong bits and all," he teased, trying to make it seem he wasn't super uncomfortable with the conversation, "I just need to get over it."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-12-2016, 08:50 PM

For a second, Quinn just regarded him with his gaze turning more serious. His usual smile flickered into a frown, but it didn't last. For all that he felt an odd pang for his friend's dilemma, he knew the perfect cure for it, and that cure was all fun and no tears. Smiling just a little softer, he tried to offer comfort. "Aw, come on. It's not that bad right? You just need a little help to move on." After a second more of comforting silence, he pulled out his phone. "There's a cure for that, you know. Guess what? Lisa, that girl I was dating last month, has a gay brother. I can get her to send me his picture. I knew a bunch of gay in high school and with my contacts, I can probably find all the cute ones! What's your type? Pretty? Athletic? Tall dark and handsome? Come on, let me introduce you to some guys and you'll be over your crush in no time!"