Artifex
less than three

Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 PM

((Wasn't sure where to put this, it's Camelot but it's also a private rp. If it belongs in fan based, I apologize, please move it))

In a land of myth and time of magic, there stands the world of Camelot. The king of this great land is the powerful Uther Pendragon, a man who despises magic in every form. During his reign he has cast a ban upon all sorcery of every kind, forcing all witches and wizards to either give up their art or burn at the stake.

His son, Prince Arthur, the greatest warrior of all the knights, stands by his father's side to uphold the honor of Camelot. Little did the people of the castle know however, that magicians stalked beneath their very roof...

Merlin ran through the yard, desperately trying to get all his chores done before Arthur could give him any more. Just a few minutes to himself, that would be priceless, but noooo, the prince had to have his horse groomed, his shirt mended and his bloody armor polished. At least it was a beautiful day-only more inspiration to get done early!

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 03-28-2011, 09:42 PM

With his eyes peeled, alert, and ready for something to jump out at any moment, Arthur continued to hold his sword steadily. Sure enough, the peppy-eyed male bounded out of nowhere. How in the hell this kid was on the path to knighthood was beyond him. Sighing, Arthur moved his blade into its sheath.

"Melik, however do you plan to be knight if you cannot keep those feet of yours silent?" His calm eyes watched as the male gave him a sly shrug.

"I figure," he said with that smug look of his creeping over his face, "I'll get better with due time."

Even behind his orange eyes, Arthur knew there was a flame that needed some kindling. If this boy were to ever be as good as he, for Arthur wanted a knight to spar with, Melik would need to stop being so playful. However, Melik's nature was anything but serious. Everything about the rusty-haired male screamed goof-ball. Melik's wild eyes and matching bizarre hair were just two more reasons why he wasn't cut out to be a knight.

"Have you ever thought of not being a... a knight?" Arthur said with a slight sigh to his voice. As he spoke, he also moved his hands to his hips. "I swear, had I know this was going to be a hellish task, I never would have volunteered."

"You can quit at any time, my lord. I am not your responsibility. I'm Russ Richtor's problem."

Hand moving to massage his brows, Arthur rolled his eyes. "Oh Melik, you're my responsibility. Everyone in the kingdom is my responsibility. With Russ falling ill, I have to step up." He watched as Melik skipped off toward their hometown. Deciding he best accompany him, Arthur called over his horse and followed the hyperactive male back toward his castle.

As they moved into the yard, Arthur say Merlin being jumpy as usual. "Merlin, would you mind watching over Melik today? He seems to be..." but before he could finish, Melik was already gone. "Uh. He's impossible to keep up with. Merlin, drop all these other chores. Just keep Melik out of trouble."

Gias was chuckling softly off to the side. Looking over at Merlin, he laughed again. "You have your work cut out for you Merlin. Melik is a fiery young lad. He will prove useful with your... skills." Giving him a wary glare, Gias was hinting that Melik might need magic to help him stay clear of danger, or worse... death.

Artifex
less than three

Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 PM

Merlin stared at Arthur, "but... aww" he groaned, that was worse than the chores. When it came to Melik, the job would never be done-and it started with trying to find him.

With a hefty sigh the unknown magician headed for the stables, hoping to catch Melik putting his horse away. He gave Gias a glance as he passed by, even the possibility of being able to use magic wouldn't make up for having to try control that wild card.

(The chance for Melik begins XD or we could just skip it to later? I finally thought of Zeta's intro lol)

Wavi

Old 03-29-2011, 01:35 AM

With Melik now under Merlin's watch, Arthur moved his way toward the looming castle doors. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the look fold onto Merlin's face. With a little smile, Arthur knew he would have to replay the man later. Merlin was doing him a huge favor, as Arthur had practically forgotten about the meeting with his father. Had Melik not come flailing back like the child he wasn't, Arthur would have been late.

Moving his way down the corridor, the male stopped dead in his tracks when he reached the throne room. Of course. A frown appeared on his beautiful face. Father is early and he has that look on his face.

"Father, I'm sorry that I am tardy. I was being Melik's keeper. Would hate for Russ' page to fall victim to a thug's blade." Walking over beside the king, Arthur awaited the beginning of whatever the heck his father dragged him into.

Artifex
less than three

Old 03-29-2011, 01:52 AM

There were several gathered, the usual suspects of an official meeting regarding Camelot's ventures abroad. Uther offered his son a smile, but it was really only for show to the witnesses. "Come then, sit" he invited his son next to him, whispering once Arthur had sat, "A king is never tardy and never begs for excuse." he chided. Uther, as loving a father as he was, could be a stern teacher when it came to matters of becoming King.

The assembly soon gathered and business went under way as usual. The shadows seemed to grow long very quickly as an hour or two passed and just as another man stepped forward to address the king the window shattered and someone came flying in through it. the glass spray across the floor, glittering around her as she rolled to her feet. Her hair was a deep dark red and her eyes were bright green. She wore a chain mail tunic with a custom binding of metal straps around her midriff that served as extra protection as well a corseted appearance. A pair of black tights lead down into heavily buckled boots just below her knees. Drawing a well crafted sword she stood tall and began to scan the room with her bright emerald eyes, "Where did you go...?" she whispered, almost to herself it seemed as she didn't even appear to notice the other people in the room.

Wavi

Old 03-30-2011, 03:57 PM

As the glass flew across the room, Arthur's body shifted so that it was moving behind a table. Moving behind the table, Arthur did his best to slide it before his father. There was no point in all of them dying, or at least that's what he thought. However, the the confusion sending the room into utter turmoil, which made finding his father impossible.

When the woman muttered to herself, the room seemed to fall silent. She made a hell of an entrance, but she didn't appear bloodthirsty. Getting to his feet, Arthur pushed a piece of hair aside. His fists balled some, but he released them when he opened his mouth.

"Who are you looking for," he said with a puffed chest. He applauded the woman for her gutsy move, and figured he should play it cool when addressing her. There was no harm in asking, right?

Artifex
less than three

Old 03-30-2011, 04:31 PM

In a flash she unclipped a small crossbow from her side and pointed it at Arthur, causing several screams to erupt from the inhabitants of the room. Before the guards could interfere she fired, the bolt zipping straight by Arthur's ear. There was an inhuman snarl from behind him as the bolt pierced something within the shadows and turned to a black smoke before anyone could see just what it was. Dropping the empty crossbow to the floor, the strange girl withdrew a sword of dark steel, "You people might want to get out of here" she called to the innocent bystanders as a small grin played across her face, "it's about to get deadly."

"GUARDS!" Uther hollered furiously, his hand reaching for his own sword should the need arise.

The smoke traveled like it had a mind of it's own, soon coming together in the center of the room and forming a terrifying beast. It stood a good ten feet tall while hunched over on all fours. It's terrible snout had numerous rows of deadly teeth protruding and it's hands bore claws that extended for about a foot. It's tail was long and winding, ending a series of deadly spikes. The entire creature, from tooth to tail was made of pure darkness, as though the shadows of the room itself had risen into this ferocious beast.

Needless to say, those innocent bystanders were making their b-line for the exit, making it rather difficult for any more guards or knights to make their way in.

The girl glanced back at Arthur briefly, "In case you were wondering, that's who I was looking for" she replied cheekily as the beast screamed a mighty roar and prepared to attack. She lowered her stance and lifted her blade, showing no fear as the monster of shadows came charging forth. She met it's claws with her steel and punched it's head aside to avoid getting bitten. Having it's attacks foiled she moved her blade in to pierce it but suddenly it erupted into smoke once again, swiftly summoning itself into solid being just behind her.

The woman spun sharply on her heel, swinging her sword around to block again. The pair of foes continued this dance, around and around, attack and block at every turn. The only change was that the girl was starting to lose her breath, desperately trying to keep up the intense pace while this beast seemed to need no rest, a poet might call it the dance of death. Finally it managed to catch her, throwing her off balance just long enough to strike one solid blow that hurled her into the wall, leaving her dazed on the floor and helpless. Gnashing it's teeth the shadow monster moved in for the kill.

(Please save her XD)

Wavi

Old 03-30-2011, 05:47 PM

Arthur's eyes were larger than ever at this point as he looked up at the terrifying smoke thing. It was magic, it had to be. Pleading with his eyes, Arthur took a few steps to the side to defend his father.

Why was there a shadow beast? And what did it want? Arthur's mind raced with questions. Fearful of lunging forward to attack, Arthur did his best to yank his father to safety. Just as he had gotten the king to the door, the woman had lost her stance. Laying there on the ground, Arthur tired to move to assist her, but he lost his nerve. Unable to move, as he was immobilize by fear, the young prince prayed for a miracle.

Just as his eyes closed to shut out the woman being eaten, a familiar voice piped up. It was annoying, yet soothing. Higher pitched than that of the average man, but deep enough to point out it was male.

Cracking an eyelid open, Arthur's eyes sprung to their fully open state.

"Melik!" Jaw nearly on the floor, Arthur looked some his father to the woman Melik was "rescuing."

The rescuing was far more bizarre than it could have been. He was standing over her with his legs slowly moving out from beneath him. In seconds, the male would be doing a split over the woman. Not only did it look awkward, it had to feel awkward.

Nonetheless, the male popped up and landed a quick jab square in the beast's nose. Before the beast to make a move, Melik's legs were swinging up to give the beast a beat down. Just as his legs touched the ground, they were back up, kneeing the monster in the jaw.

Flipping onto his hands, Melik continued to barrel roll past the woman. When he was back on his feet, the rusty-haired male give her a quick yank. Had the floor been carpeted, she would have had a rug butt-burn.

"How do we defeat it," he said helping her up. His orange colored eyes narrowed for a second as he skipped backward a step. Avoiding an attack was easier for him than it was for her. With his arms still wrapped around her hips, Melik took another bound backwards out of the monster's range.

"Sometime today would be nice" he said somewhat playfully.

Artifex
less than three

Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM

Zeta groaned, bringing her senses back around to slowly realize some guy was dragging her-and that the beast was still poised to attack. "wholly ice in a bucket" she yelped, jumping back to her feet and looking for where her sword had fallen. She spared the red haired male a glance, she would have to thank him for that later. "keep him busy" she ordered, locating her sword and making a dash for it. The beast swung it's tail to club her but she managed to duck and roll along her way and avoid it.

The creature didn't seem to have much interest in Melik, it's black, soulless eyes following the girl as she tried to retrieve her blade.

Uther backed towards the door, intent on getting out of the line of fire as finally the doors were clear. The guards made sure to pull him out and they were soon intent to dragging Arthur away as well.

Wavi

Old 03-30-2011, 06:19 PM

Melik squawked for a bit hoping that the monster would pay attention to him. When it didn't, he through a fit.

"Hey you overgrown pile of crap, why don't you pick on a man. Ever heard of being nice to a woman? Hey, scumbag, I'm talking to you? Oh, did I hurt your feelings? Wait, do you even have feelings? Psh, you're just smoke. Or wait, are you just some... gas? Even lower than smoke is gas. Yeah, you're definitely some methane gas. Ewwww. You're nasty. Just a terrible, foul-smelling, good for nothing, useless blob of smokey gas. Just... pathetic."

Strutting around like a chicken, Melik started to make clucking noises. "Ch-c-ch-ch-chi-chicken! Y-y-y-you're a ch-c-ch-ch-chi-chicken! Bawck, bawck, bawck!" Pretending to kick up dust, Melik giggled. "Oh man, are you the smoke cloud from a chicken? You have to be. You're just worthless."

Looking over to the woman, Melik continued his little "chicken dance." With his hopes held high, he hoped that, after all this was said and done, he would be given her name. She was, by far, the most beautiful creature he had ever set his eyes on. Flashing her a cheesy grin, Melik relocated his attention to the monster.

Artifex
less than three

Old 03-30-2011, 06:30 PM

The woman almost caught herself staring at the strange boy but quickly refocused. with the monster now thoroughly confused she grabbed her sword and rounded to face it again. Leaping into the air and over it's tail as she charged she aimed her blade down to pierce it through the creature's neck. At the last moment it burst into smoke again and she went hurtling through where it had been, nearly skewering Melik upon her landing. She managed to move her sword away from his flesh just fast enough, but in result she fell right on top of him. "Oh for the love of-" she quickly rolled off him and lifted her sword again to meeting the impending attack of the beast's claws. "Either attack that tail of it's or stay out of my way!" she yelled at him.

Artifex
less than three

Old 08-09-2011, 12:15 PM

A frown played on his face. It wasn't his fault she sucked at attacking the smoke monster. So, rolling his eyes, Melik walked up to the monster and landed a quick jab on the creature's tail as per her directions.

When the tail flailed about, Melik latched himself onto it. Probably not the smartest idea because what followed next was like riding a roller-coaster with a loose screw. His body was being flung back and forth and he swore his head was going to pop off. But, before giving up hope and admitting defeat, the male kicked with his legs. Swinging his body down toward the ground, Melik's foot fell flat against the floor. Giving him the upper hand, the rusty-haired male swung the large smoke creature around.

Where is strength came from was beyond the people that were still studying the battle. He hardly looked worthy of such muscle tone and structure. And yet, there he was, lifting the great beast above his head. When the skull smashed into the already destroyed table, Melik back flipped into the air. Landing perfectly behind the female, he signaled to her that his role was done.

"It is all yours, my Lady." With a quick bow, Melik watched to see what this woman would come up with next. Another insult? Or would she actually show him some respect?

Zeta raised a curious brow at the boy's actions, she barely managed to keep her mouth from gaping at his sudden strength but the moment the creature had touched down on the floor again she had herself composed.

Standing at the ready, Zeta watched the beast dissolve into smoke once more, playing through the air as it searched for it's next attack. "Congratulations, you've just made it mad" she told Melik as the beast began to form into a bit of a different shape. It grew three heads but even as they formed Zeta whipped out a bladed boomerang and hurled it, slicing through two of the heads to keep them from forming properly.

Catching the secondary weapon and holding it like hand blade while wielding her sword in the other hand the dangerous woman advanced.

The creature was throwing a fit, everything it's smoky arms touched went hurling around the room, sending lethal projectiles in every direction. Zeta ducked and dodged, using the blade of the boomerang to deflect blows while dancing circles around the beast.

Finally as the creature moved in to bite off her head she ducked and rolled beneath it's body and stabbed her blade straight up through it's chest. It let out an inhuman wail and burst into smoke and ash that dissipated through the air.

Zeta collapsed on the floor, panting and gagging at the horrible sent of brimstone the creature left behind.

"Don't be mad at me, princess. You conveniently left out how to defeat the monster. Making yourself look like a hero is no way to receive forgiveness from the king and prince. You do realize you crashed a royal meeting. And now, because of your reckless act, you have cost my nation a treaty. I hope you pay with your life, and yet, I fell like my lord is far kinder than imagined."

His head shot over toward the cowering king and his son. Rolling his eyes, the orange eyed boy placed his hands on his hips.

"What are my orders, my King?"

Even though he was directing his voice to the king, Melik's eyes continued to watch the woman. She really wasn't one to praise or think highly of someone, was she. Annoyed, Melik decided there was no point playing the role of a knight. He was simply be himself. Ignoring her rude comments and turning everything she said into something he could giggle at. He was far too fun loving and "chipper" to let "Miss Frowns and Complains A Lot" to ruin his good day.

"Conveniently my eye" Zeta retorted as she sat up, "you could have stabbed that thing all day long and never done more than pester it." she lifted her dark blade, "only this works on those things, and may you and your King and prince be grateful for me coming to save their lives with the only effective weapon."

She climbed back to her feet wearily, sheathing her blade and cringing at her injuries, "Now if you'll excuse me. I have to make sure that really was the last of them."

Uther stood as well, a cross look upon his features, "Your intrusion aside, woman, what do you mean by 'them'. You expect me to believe there are more of these things?"

Zeta glanced over, one hand wrapped around her aching stomach, "What? No, well hopefully not. I haven't been able to find any others and I've just spent the last year tracking this one without any sign of more. So, I suppose my further travels will tell me more." she sighed and stood straight, "as for my intrusion King... person" she wavered, evidentially she didn't even know who he was, "you have my apologies but there is nothing on this earth that should stand above destroying such a magical menace as that beast."

Uther glared a little upon realizing she didn't even know his name, "I am King Uther of Camelot and I forbid you from departing until I know what has occurred here entirely. Melik, bring our new guest to her quarters and ensure she does not leave them. She may have Gias look over her wounds if necessary."

Zeta frowned a little, "Well King Uther, I am Zeta of the wanderers, and speaking of wandering, I really have to go" she turned swiftly to the door to attempt her escape.

"What! Sir, you can't be serious? I have to babysit this whor... wonderful woman. I'm so very honored."

His eyes shot a cold glance her way. Nose wrinkling as he turned it up (he was trying to act arrogant), Melik waved a limp hand toward her. When he noticed she wasn't paying the least bit of attention to him, the brows on the male wrinkled. She really was a pain in the ass. Was there anything she could do that wasn't rude, offensive, or downright bitchy?

"Now is not a time to act haughty and offensive, Miss Zeta. You have received a warm welcome from our noble king. If he requires that you stay and rest, you will stay and rest."

Arthur, who was still in shock from everything, just bobbed his head.

"Yes, Miss Zeta. Please stay for the night. We have a feast tonight, Melik would love to have you as his escort."

He was teasing, but he found it entertaining how Melik and Zeta were already pitted against one another. He knew his father would scold him for his bold remark, but he knew that his father would also chuckle at the thought.

"Ah" Zeta was forced to pause at the door due to the pair of guards standing in the way, "Well then... seriously, as charming as that sounds, I don't think I can stay another min-" she winced as she touched the back of her head, finding a rather tender spot. Pulling her hand away she found a bit of blood, no doubt from the rather harsh impact with the wall. "you've gotta be kidding me" she groaned.

"I wasn't exactly asking" Uther crossed his arms, "it's an order, and as long as you wander through my lands you will obey me. So unless you would prefer to spend your time in the dungeon, you will go with Melik."

Zeta sighed, rolling her eyes a little, "Lead away then."

His mind tried to wrap around the word 'escort.' He heard it before, but where? He just couldn't remember. When the light bulb finally lit (might I add dimly), his eyes dilated. Jaw ajar, heart racing, and head throbbing, he nearly passed out before the king. But, trying to cool his head, he took a large gulp. It, of course, didn't help. Nothing seemed to calm that body of his.

As his skin started to heat up, he could feel a pool of moisture dot his brows. Great. That was the sole word that popped into his brain. It didn't mean much if someone didn't see the fuss his body was making. His fingers twitched as if they were touching a ghost. His eyes were still wide with shock. His lips were still apart.

Closing them, he stepped forward to yank Zeta away from the group. He pulled a little harder than he intended, as he soon felt her body collide with his. Paralyzed with fear that she might catch some that he was, let's just say, horny, he held his breath.

With his heart rate dipping towards its usual pace, he could feel his muscle loosen up. The once tense pecks that Zeta fell into were softer now, acting much like a pillow.

"Heh. By escort. You... ummm... y-y-you... you mean... ummmm....."

The thought of Zeta being his escort made his body tighten again. Just as stiff as he was before, he trembled his lower lip. Why is she so close! Cursing in his mind, he prayed she wouldn't catch on to his little issue.

"Ha ha. I spoke out of terms. I did not me sexual escort. I meant company for the dinner. As in a date. It's been far too long since we had you join us. Your last dinner partner was... uh, how do I put this nicely, skewered."

Grinning sheepishly, Melik took a few large steps away from Zeta. Sweat still hiding behind his rusty-colored fringe, he worked up the courage to speak.

"I-i-it was an a-a-accident."

Face still as red as a fresh tomato, Melik took his leave. He had no interest in getting hard, horny, or face-to-face with her again.

Zeta yelped a little at the sudden pull and she fell into Melik, grumbling at how clumsy he was yet her words faded away as she felt his warm body against hers for just that moment. It was of course then that she clued into the little escort joke between the prince and this knight in training, which caused an indignant blush to seep into her cheeks as well.

They stepped away from each other at the same time, Zeta clearing her throat and standing up straight. "How nice of you to clarify" she quipped to Arthur with a bit of a disapproving look.

Turning sharply Zeta followed Melik out of the room as the King called after them, "I don't want her leaving your sight Melik! Keep her out of trouble."

Rolling her eyes as they strolled down the corridor, her dark emerald gaze strayed to the banners that held the royal crest and after a few minutes of walking she stopped to look at one more closely, "... excuse me but... what... what was the name of this land again?" she asked curiously.

Cocking his head, Melik shrugged. Why was it up to him to pay attention to the planet's name. Taking a few odd steps, he fell in sync with the woman. Looking her over like a hawk would look at its prey, he got a feel for the woman. He was definitely foreign. The accent was one dead giveaway as was the way she dressed.

When they were far enough away from the king and his son, Melik grabbed her hand. Pressing her up against a wall, he covered her mouth with his hands.

"Who are you and where did you come from? What is your mission? Your goal? Whose head do you seek? If you are here to kill our king, I will have no choice but to lay a blade in your heart." He frowned before continuing. "Although, I will admit, it would be a shame to see a woman as beautiful as you to die. Perhaps I would spare you."

Snaking his hand down to her hips, Melik kept his extended hand over her body. His chest was barely touching hers. His breath was close enough that it could kiss her lips. His dreamy eyes were in the perfect view and were hinting at a far more entertaining side.

When he slid his head closer to her bosom, he watched her eyes. He was getting a feel for her level of trust. She was well aware of his desire to mate with her, but did she feel the same? That was what Melik was tasting. With her body still immobilized, Melik tugged at her top with his teeth. His head slid back into place and their eyes met.

"You're beautiful, but I'm too busy to get caught up in a love affair. I bid you farewell. Please, leave. I need to prepare myself for the battles of magic that await me. I haven't time to waste lusting over your body."

Zeta startled at his sudden attack of pinning her against the wall. Her hands began to raise in defense but he moved too quickly and she was left only to stare at him. Her eyes narrowed at his accusations and she bit at his hand to get it away from her mouth.

"I have no interest in murder unless the Ragoul are involved. Those shadow beasts are my soul cause of being here, for generations my family has sought to wipe their existence from this earth and finally, finally I may have succeeded. I am the last of my family to defeat the last of the Ragoul and what do I have for it?"

Although her hands clenched to fists she didn't stop him from being as close as he was. She could understand it really, she had noticed that most women in the area were very decked out in clothing that covered the form of their bodies, meanwhile Zeta very much dressed in things that fitted tightly to every curve with only her black leggings to covered her legs instead of many folds of draping fabric that most women had.

A bit of a smirk crossed her lips, this boy's desires being plain enough to see she met his gaze straight on, "I may have taken up your offer moments ago, but now I have changed your mind. There is something of interest here that I need to investigate further, so I'm afraid this won't be the last you will see of me."