Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 06:35 PM

Hank knelt in front of her and looked her in the eyes, "I don't know" he replied in a whisper, "but I swear to you that I will never stop looking until I find him. You tell me everything you know about your daddy and however long it takes, I'll track him down, okay?"

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 06:58 PM

She nodded and tried to think but flashes of the horror she'd endured, Sinister, her father walking to his death, alone in ocean, blocked her thoughts.

"He's like..He's like... I can't- Daddy...Daddy. DADDY!" She screamed as the house shook, the rain falling harder and harder as if it was trying to break into the house itself. Her breathing picked up as she grabbed her head, shaking it back and forth.

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 07:02 PM

"Woah-Hey, hey it's okay" Hank reached out and held her close. He began to rock her back at forth, "The truth, like wings, must be free to glide and not forced by those who wish to see it. All in good time little droplet, let it be" he cooed gently.

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 PM

It took awhile to calm her down again but the mayhem inside the mansion seemed to calm down. Outside however, it was still raining. "Hankie, I'm sleepy." She mumbled and no wonder too. She was using her powers without being able to control them non stop since she woke up.

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM

"that's alright" Hank picked her up and walked over to the bed, "go ahead and rest. My room is just down the hall so if you need anything give a shout, okay?" he pulled back the covers and set her down, tucking her into the warm bed.

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 07:28 PM

She reached out and took hold of one of his large fingers, "Stay... till I fall asleep, Hankie?" She asked. This was a new place for her, she didn't want to be alone just yet.

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 07:32 PM

"Of course I will" Beast nodded, giving her forehead a kiss. He pulled up a chair and held her hand, softly rubbing the back of it as he quietly spoke to let her know he was there for her. He quoted poetry and stories that he knew for as long as it took her to fall asleep.

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 07:50 PM

The rain continued but Ciara dozed off none the less. When she woke up, it was close to dinner time. Ciara slowly wandered down the hall and into the front hall. It was there that she realized she wasn't walking on the floor anymore but was in fact, continuing to raise higher and higher.

She grabbed onto the chandiler with all her might, still a good ways from the ceiling. "h-help-" She said above a whisper, not quite able to speak from the fear of being so high. Her fingers gave way and she bounced along the ceiling like a balloon.

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 PM

~It's alright~ a voice spoke softly in her mind, the voice of the bald man, ~I'm coming, just hold on~
A few minutes later he jogged into the room and looked around in puzzlement before finally turning his eyes upward, "... now how did you get there?"

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 08:01 PM

"Baldy, help." She said softly, as her body began to fall and then raise over and over again. "I want down." She was scared. It wasn't extremely high but to a small girl the way down was terrifying. "Get me down!"

Charles would soon find that he was floated inches off the floor but not up by the ceiling like Ciara.

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 08:04 PM

"Ciara" Charles called to her, his voice was calm and gentle, "Relax, I have a gift to you see" he explained, "I can get into people's minds, but I only do it if they let me. Will you let me come in, so I can help you?"

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 PM

Ciara nodded rapidly, "Baldy can come in." She was trying not to cry. She could look away from the ground and let out a scream when she started falling a few feet only to float back up again.

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 08:14 PM

All at once a soothing presence began to fill her mind, shutting away her fears into a faraway corner, "Everything is alright" charles encouraged, "I am Professor Charles Xavier, this is my home. Why don't you join me down here near the ground?" he held out his hands to catch her.

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 PM

"I...I can't. I want to-" She fell, grabbing onto the chandelier, as her body began to try and float back up. "I can't get down, Charlie."

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM

"It's okay, I'll catch you" charles promised, "I won't let you be hurt"

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 08:40 PM

Ciara was truly trying but no matter how much she wanted to, not matter how much she relaxed, she couldn't switch it off. It was 2 hours into trying to get down that she started crying. "I'll never get down! I don't want to be a balloon."

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Charles sighed, "Eric!" he called, "Thank goodness you're back" he greeted as the man ran into the room.

"What's all this about?" the master of metal questioned. charles pointed and Eric took a step back, "woah..."

"Can you please get her down, she's terrified" charles asked.

Eric nodded and lifted himself up to Ciara's level, he held out his hand to her, "Come here, I've got you"

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 PM

Ciara gladly 'swam' over to take his hand, only to make him light as air as well upon her touch. Using his arm, she pulled herself into his chest, trembling. "Papa! Don't let me go. I don't want to be a balloon."

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 PM

"It's okay" Eric held her tight and began pulling them back to the ground with the metal in his shoes, "I've got you.

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 09:06 PM

Ciara's body resisted all the way, it was like trying to get a blimp out of the sky with a metal pipe. But slowly, Eric got them both to the ground, though Ciara's feet kept trying to pull her out from under Eric's grip and back into the air.

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM

"She's out of control Charles" Eric spoke to the bald man, "I'm all that's keeping her grounded."

Xavier massaged his temples as he tried to figure out what to do, "alright... I'm going to try something, I can't promise that it'll work but it's the only thing I can think of." he reached out to Ciara, "Try to relax Ciara. Eric has you safe and I'm going to try suppress what's pulling you up, okay?"

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 09:26 PM

She nodded, and as Charles touch her a pair of red eyes flashed into his mind. A pair of eyes that Ciara saw as well. She screamed, burying her face into Eric's shirt as her powers pushed Charles back several feet.

But Ciara's body stopped fighting with Eric and allowed gravity to take place.

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 PM

Charles fell back on the floor, smacking his head against the granite tile.
"Charles!" Eric called out, still clutching Ciara as he watched his friend fall. The metal from the railing of the staircase broke free and wrapped around Xavier, lifting him up so Eric could look him over. He sighed in relief to see that there wasn't any blood, "Charles wake up, are you alright?"

"uhgng" Xavier replied, lifting a hand to his head, "ow"

GinKadia
Ginger Ninja

Penpal

Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 PM

Ciara reached out and kissed his head before withdrawing back against Eric. "Charlie ok?"

Artifex
less than three

Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM

"Yes" Charles replied, taking a few deep breaths and touching the back of his head with a wince, "possibly a concussion... I'll get Hank to look me over"

"Good, but let me call him" Eric added, "I don't want you using your powers for something that trivial." he looked back to Ciara and set her down, "are you alright now Ciara?" he asked, "no more floating away?"