NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 PM

Len took the letter and bowed, only slightly wondering what was inside. Of course it was only between Rin and Kaito, so he would never find out. "I will do so immediately, Your Highness," he spoke softly, his voice hoarse from crying all night. He avoided her gaze, not wanting to show his puffy eyes. He was being weak and pathetic. Rin didn't deserve a servant like him. She needed one that didn't cry and cut every night. He turned and left the room, going outside to start the day's journey to the sea.

It took him six hours of walking, and by the time he reached it, his legs were like jelly. He entered the city, drawing his brown traveller's cloak about him. No one noticed him, he was just a shadow stalking the streets. He reached the Palace and proclaimed his business, showing proof of the letter and that he was working for Rin. Kaito's personal servant took the letter from him and Len left, starting the long journey back home.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-26-2013, 10:39 PM

Rin relaxed most of the day Len was gone. Today held no jobs for her so she could sit back. During tea time she drank afternoon tea and then went to the garden. Now that she wasn't upset she noticed how her servant had worked on it. A sudden guilt seeped into her as she looked at the weedless garden. Maybe she had been too hard on him. In fact, she knew she was now. She knew he had been crying because she could never sleep on the night Len had died. She had caused him to suffer. He had every right to hate her, to leave, and yet he stayed. Then an idea came to her mind.

When Len got back the castle was empty of servants and a giant yellow cake was set out. It was the least Rin could do. People from the poorest towns wondered in, having been invited. Then Rin appeared from the door way. Carefully walking in her black and orange dress, she made her way to the cake with a knife in her hands. She then turned to the confused citizens. "Welcome, you are probably wondering why I have asked you to come here. Well the thing is I wanted to show you a good time and I made this cake for my newest servant. I wanted to officially make him my personal right hand man and this is to show him welcome. Please enjoy the night and eat as much cake as you like." Rin smiled a little as she turned to the cake and cut it.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-26-2013, 11:07 PM

Len was exhausted by the time he had reached his home. He dragged his heavy feet up the stairs and into the throne room. Seeing that Rin was not there, he went down to the reception room, a large hall that was where balls and meetings would take place. He was surprised to see many poor people there and his Princess smiling at him. There was a large yellow cake that smelt like banana, Len's favourite. He gave his sister a nervous grin, unsure what she was doing. He wondered if she realised who he was, and felt like celebrating his birthday.

He walked over to her and bowed, still unsure what was happening. "The letter has been delivered, M'lady."

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-26-2013, 11:24 PM

Rin looked at him and pat his head. Shaking her own head, her smile disappeared. "Now isn't the time to be thinking about such silly things. Just have some cake with the peasants. I want everyone to enjoy their night. The music will be playing soon. I want you to have fun dancing with a pretty girl. Just have fun, okay? By the way, you never told me your name. I don't want to just call you servant all the time. Give me something I can call you so I don't get you confused. I don't care what you want to be called as long as you answer to it."

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 PM

Len opened his mouth to answer, but didn't know if he should say his real name or not. Rin might be offended and get upset again... "Call me Nell, Your Highness," he said, bowing low to her. It wasn't a very inventive name, but he supposed that it would do for the time being. He left her side to try some of the cake. It was delicious, reminding him of when they were younger. For their birthdays, Len would get a banana cake and Rin would have an orange one. Sometimes half was orange and the other half was banana.

He went back to Rin after he finished his cake, bowing low to her he offered his hand. "M'lady, may I dance with you?" he asked her. Even though his feet were tired and sore, he wanted to dance with his sister. Maybe she would realise that it was him.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-28-2013, 06:08 AM

Rin watched everyone having fun and felt very jealous. She hadn't been happy in years. But how could she dare to smile? She felt as if she should constantly suffer. It was the punishment she deserved. Once again she wished she had died instead of Len. She missed him even now. Rin let these thoughts go as Nell came to her. "Didn't I tell you to dance with a pretty girl? Yet you went and picked a whithered rose covered in crimson instead. Fine, I will dance with you." Rin spoke coldly as she took his hand and walked to the dance floor with him.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM

"Princess, you are the most beautiful flower in this room," Len told her truthfully. He led her to the dance floor and then rest an arm on her waist, taking the lead in a fast waltz. He had been trained how to dance since an early age, his father intent that he knew how to woo a lady. After he had been sent away, he continued his training in secret, hoping that one day he could dance with Rin. He couldn't help but to smile as he led her around the room, twirling her with careful hands, as if she could break at any moment. "You are a good dancer, M'lady," he complimented as they slowed down, his feet screaming in pain.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-28-2013, 11:06 PM

Though Rin disagreed with Nell, she didn't say it. She wanted to enjoy the evening too. "But is that even possible for someone like me?" Rin wondered. She doubted she was able to enjoy anything. Then they began to dance, and shock came into her face. No peasant should be able to dance this well. Everyone else in the room was stumbling around. Only people who had royal blood should know how to dance properly. Not only that, he danced the way Len had. Even his gentle look reminded her of Len. Then it all dawned on her. The perfection, the loyalty, the tears, the bitterness, and just all of it clicked like a puzzle piece finally finding it's place. Rin looked at him in disbelief as she stopped dancing and spoke in clear shock. "You aren't really Nell, are you? Why did you come here? Was this some evil plan to make me suffer more?"

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM

Len smiled, happy that she was catching on to who he really was. "I came simply because I could." He bowed to her once more, kissing her hand softly. "Because the Princess needed a gardener to prune the dead parts away." He took his leave, limping towards a seat, feeling the blisters burst and rub painfully against the shoe fabric. He hoped that she wouldn't be offended, but it was unbearable to stand any longer. Even if he had to be punished, he would take it from her. Right now, he needed to rest.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 AM

Rin watched him go in confusion. "Why does he remind me so much of Len? Is this fate's way of playing a cruel joke on me?" Rin wondered as she looked at him. He even looked the part. It was if her being alive was not enough of a punishment. Now it was decided she would constantly suffer under being reminded of her dear brother. Even the nightly dreams went against. Rin would have the same dream of Len dying, but each time it was different. But one of his deaths was repetitive, playing that single dream once a week or even twice. It was the only one that had been commonly seen by Rin. In the dream Len always died by Guillotine. It was a horrific dream that Rin always awoke to crying. Shuddering, Rin pushed the thought back and went back to the cake to get a piece for herself. She wasn't hungry but she hadn't ate since 'Nell' was gone. When she hadn't ate all day she would usually take something small to eat just to keep her going.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM

Len relaxed on a soft sofa, watching the peasants dancing with joy. He kept an eye on Rin, making sure that she didn't get too lonely or upset. Once he got to bed that night, he would take care of his bleeding blisters. Right now, he had to worry about his sister. He declined an offer to dance, smiling up at the woman who asked. She was beautiful, there was no doubt, but Len had never really been that interested in pretty girls. He sighed as he remembered Queen Miku.

He would never be able to be happy with her. Even if he did ask her to date him, she would just laugh. She was in love with Kaito and would never love a lowly servant. At least he had Rin to keep happy. He would do anything for her.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 AM

After a while Rin escaped the room. She needed some fresh air so she naturally went to the garden. Her eyes widened at the sight before her. Her garden, the only thing left that she loved, was torn apart. In horror she rushed to the yellow roses that had been ripped from the ground and then stepped on by someone. Rin carefully picked up one of the roses only to be cut by the thorns. She had no idea who could of done it, but the anger boiled. She grabbed the rose and walked inside with a dark aura. She ordered the peasants to go home and once they were gone Rin dropped to the ground weakly. That was the garden Len had made. "How dare they destroy it..." Rin cursed softly as she looked at her cut up hands. They were tainted in the blood of her family.

Last edited by AzuraX; 02-05-2013 at 04:20 AM..

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 AM

Len noticed his sister leave the room and heard her cry. As the people ran away to escape her wrath, Len ran to her side. He gazed helplessly about the ruined garden and felt very mad. Who would do such a thing? He had made the garden especially for Rin. He had spent a whole day getting it to look good again. "Who did this?" he cried, hugging his sister tightly. He had forgotten that he wasn't her brother anymore.

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 AM

Rin looked up at her servant, shaking as she cried. She cursed the one who had destroyed her only happiness. Maybe she was doomed to a life of pure bitterness after all. Perhaps this was the sign that marked her doom. Maybe death would even be coming for her soon. No, it wouldn't even do that. Death would let her suffer by making her live on. Rin sobbed as she shook her head and stood up straight. When she could speak it was very cold. "I don't care who did it. It was probably an alley of the witch with green hair. I wish I could just see her burn to the ground..." Rin then turned in for the evening, heading off to her room.