Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 05:05 AM

Name: Jin Umaki

Backstory: Jin has always been surrounded by royaly growing up, and now his parents have decided that he should get married. Jin remembers that when he was younger, he had a very good friend that would come over just to play, but his parents thought she was a commoner and forbid her from ever visiting him again. It's been years since then. Still, Jin hasn't seen his childhood friend since that last day that they played together. He hopes that someday he might meet her again even if it's just for a little while.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 05:15 AM

Name: Shayla Sakura

Backstory: Shayla is a sweet young lady who use to play with other children all the time, especially one little boy she knew was named Jin. Sadly, he wasn't allowed to play with her anymore, although she never knew why. Before that had happened, she had written him a story about how he would learn to ride a horse. After all these years she wondered if he even had it anymore. Meanwhile she is preparing to meet the prince her family wanted her to marry.

Last edited by ~Kimmi~; 02-28-2015 at 05:18 AM..

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 05:54 PM

Jin stared stared down at the book in his hands, it was the one that his childhood friend had wrote for him in hopes that he could learn how to ride a horse. "Shayla..." he said softly to himself. It was rather funny actually, because to this day Jin still didn't know how to ride a horse. "Not anymore." Jin said easily. He was determined to learn how, just in case he ever saw her again he could show her that he had actually read her book and learned. With that thought in mind, Jin opened the book to the first page and began to read silently to himself.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 06:01 PM

That same morning, in thr neighboring kingdom, Shayla was up and about, taking a bath and getting primped by her maids. She usually prefered to do it herself, but she couldnt fight it today. Today was the day she was to meetthe prince her family arranged for her to marry. She objected to marrying without love, but has learned there was nothing she could do. She hoped she and the prince could at least get along.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 06:32 PM

Jin continued to read until there was a knock on his door which he quickly answered. "Yes mother?" He asked his mother who stood there looking rather surprised to see him there. "Jin! What are you still doing here in your room? You need to wash up and get ready! I want you downstairs right away, so put that book away and get to it!" his mother ordered. Nodding, Jin watched her leave before signing and placing the book on his bed, then grabbed some clothes and left to bathe. Once his bath was done, he rinsed off, dried off, and got dressed. Jin brushed his hair as he looked at himself in the mirror and wondered why his mother was rushing him today.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 06:35 PM

After being primped and polished and whatever else, Shayla was led downstairs to her parents, who then led her out of the castle and into a waiting carriage, on their way to the neighboring kingdom. She sat in silence and looked out the window as her parents spoke about little things. Her mind wandered back to her old friend Jin and how she wished they could have kept in contact.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 06:59 PM

Jin quickly finished getting ready and looked at his book on his bed before picking up the paper fan on the small desk instead, then quickly left downstairs where his parents were waiting. "At least you didn't take long. Today is the day that the princess you are to marry comes to visit. So I expect you to be in your best behavior." his mother explained. Jin nodded in understanding at this and listened to his parents talk about how important this day was. He just hoped that he could actually like the princess since he didn't want to marry someone he didn't like or even love. Still, he knew how important this day was to his parents so he wasn't going to let them down, even if it meant he wasn't going to be happy.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 07:11 PM

Not long after, Shayla and her family had arrived. She was helped out of the carriage and followed her parents inside. They entered the main room, where the other family waited. "Announcing the King and Queen of Sakura Springs, and their daughter, Princess Shayla." Shayla looked ahead and saw the neighboring King and Queen. She let out a soft gasp of surprise. The prince was Jin? As in her old friend Jin? Shd wondered if he would recognize her.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 07:26 PM

When the princess walked in with her parents, Jin was surprised to see who it was. "Shayla?" he gasped and now he really wished he had read her book long time ago to show her. "You have a beautiful daughter." said Jin's mother who then looked at Jin. "Wouldn't you say she's beautiful Jin?" she asked. Jin only nodded since he was still very surprised to see that he was going to marry his childhood friend. Even so, he didn't know her that well anymore so they had a lot of catching up to do. "We should leave these two alone to get better acquainted. Why don't we go into the study and discuss the marriage plans." suggested Jin's father.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 07:29 PM

Her parents nodded in agreement and left them. Shayla smiled,"My old friend... its been so long." She said after they were alone,"How crazy is it the one person I've missed the most is the one I'm to marry.." she went up to him,"I hope we eill be able to get along as we did when we were children."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 07:48 PM

Jin fanned himself with his paper fan and watched Shayla once they were alone. It was odd because he knew who she was, but at the same time he didn't know much about her. "It has been too long. I hope you have been doing well." Jin said politely. Sure they were old friends, but they still had to behave like the prince and princess that they were. "I hope we can be friends again too. I actually started to read your book today but mother had me stop to get ready. So if you are wondering, no I still cannot ride a horse. But I will, eventually." Jin said softly.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 08:11 PM

Shayla smiled,"I'm sure you will." She said gently,"Its not as hard as it looks. Ive lea4ned myself, just last year." She smiled,"I still write stories and illustrate them as well. I dont let anyone read them as some are not finished yet." She blushed in embarrassment, "I'm sorry...I must be boring you with such things."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 08:27 PM

"Maybe, maybe not." Jin replied and smiled. "You're not boring me Shayla. It's fascinating to know that you still do what you've always loved to do. I'm sure that they'll turn out great." he assured and raised an eyebrow. "Are you looking forward to our wedding?" He asked curiously. He himself was looking forward to it, he just hoped nothing bad happened to keep it from happening.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 08:31 PM

"I am," She said with a smile,"Now that I know it will be you I would be with. At least we will be able to get along." She looked over at him,"So what things do you like to do?" She asked, wondering whst her old friend did for hobbies.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 08:46 PM

Jin smiled at her answer and traced the figure on his paper fan as he listened to her question. "Well I do enjoy painting and under my mother's request, have practiced my calligraphy. Under my father's request, I've also started playing the flute." he answered politely and looked at her. "What about you?" Jin asked softly.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 08:51 PM

Shayla smiled,"I love to play the flute." She even said,"I also love to play the piano. I have been learning archery, and a few other things as well. I would like to see some of your paintings sometime. I bet they are wonderful. " she looked over at him,"I hope we never have to separate like that ever again."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 09:07 PM

Jin was surprised to hear all the things that she liked to do. "Sounds to me like you're a very busy person. I must admit that archery sounds like fun, maybe you can teach me sometime." Jin said and shook his head. "My paintings are okay I suppose. I can show them to you if you'd like." he offered politely. "I keep them in a wooden box in my room. I can paint you something too if you'd like." he added gently.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 09:29 PM

Shalya smiled,"I would love to teach you archery sometime." She said with a nod,"And if you don't mind showing me, we can whenever you like." She looked over at him,"Maybe you should show me how to paint sometime." She said shyly,"I've tried, but it looks like it was done by a five year old." She let out a soft laugh and shook her head,"I could play a song on the piano for you sometime too if you like."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 11:22 PM

"Follow me." Jin said as he led her up to his room and laughed softly. "Well that's how everyone starts out. After some practice you be better though." he explained and nodded at her last comment. "I'd really like to hear you play the piano sometime and it would be my pleasure to teach you how to paint." he replied and opened the door of his room for her. "Is there anything in particular you'd like me to paint for you?" Jin asked as he pulled out a wooden box from under the bed and opened it. Inside were many paintings of various sizes. All were beautifully painted and looked very realistic.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 11:28 PM

Shayla smiled, looking at them,"They are absolutely stunning." She said softly,"They are just amazing. I must admit, I am jealous." She looked over at him and shrugged before looking outside, seeing cherry blossoms sprouting. "Maybe the cherry blossoms?" She asked, as it seemed like something simple.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-28-2015, 11:52 PM

"Thank-You, I'm glad you think so." Jin said and pulled out a large blank canvas and his various painting supplies before looking out at the cherry blossoms and studying them. He then pulled out his brush and carefully started to paint her the cherry blossoms she picked out. "You'll be painting like this one day Shayla, I know you will." Jin assured with a nod of his head. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but he was going to help her as best he could to get her there.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2015, 11:55 PM

She smiled and nodded, sitting down to watch. She loved how he studied the flowers as he painted, doing what he could to get the colors perfect and the flowers just right. She could tell right away that his picture would be absolutely beautiful.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 03-01-2015, 01:30 AM

Jin continued to examine the cherry blossoms outside while painting. He made sure to paint it as perfectly as possible, it was for his old friend and future wife after all so he did want to impress her. Jin continued to paint it for about an hour before adding the finishing touches. Once he was all finished, he made sure to sign it at the bottom and even added the date then looked at her. "All done. Now we just let it dry for a few minutes. I hope you like it." he said politely.

~Kimmi~
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-01-2015, 01:56 AM

She smiled, looking truly excited and happy about it,"I love it so much. Thank you~" She said. Without thinking, she leaned over and kissed his cheek quickly. She then got to her feet,"Since you were kind to paint for me, I believe it's time I do something for you." She said,"Would you like to hear me play something?"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 03-01-2015, 02:17 AM

"You're welcome Shayla, I'm glad you like it." Jin said and blushed slightly at the kiss on the cheek. Smiling, he nodded at her question. "I would love to hear you play something." he said with a nod of his head. He always enjoyed listening to music so he was really looking forward to listening to her play something since he knew it would sound beautiful.