Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-19-2018, 02:21 AM

Shane grinned at Ciel's respond, while also squeezing Quinn's hand in reassurance, not wanting him to feel too overwhelmed, "Yep, you heard that right. I guess jealousy can masquerade as other things sometimes, and well I got just a little bit lucky." He said, almost feeling a need to laugh. It was so ridiculous, but also he was just so happy with how things had turned out that it was hard to keep the joy in. It was like walking around suddenly free in a way reminiscent to coming out.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-19-2018, 02:56 AM

No, no, no. These words made no sense. Ciel continued to gape, pointing his finger back and forth between Shane and Ciel. As if he cared about making a scene at this point. "I'm sorry, hold up! You, and this guy, are dating now for real? The guy who turned into a homophobic ass and didn't even know you were gay at first? And now he's suddenly your new boy candy? Just like that?!" Ciel reeled back, groaning loudly into his hand. "I don't feel like I can take this anymore. Jealousy? I don't even get it. You two have both turned into idiots now!"

"Hey, it's not that idiotic," Quinn huffed, then shook his head. "Nevermind. You're being too over-dramatic though..."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-19-2018, 03:04 AM

"I mean, Quinn has always been a little dense, so it's not too hard to believe," Shane shrugged, not really ruffled by how dramatic Ciel was being. He honestly expected it from his friend. "And yep jealousy." he said, chuckling slightly at this, "Turns out I was the only one he had any issue with kissing other guys. Cuz he wanted to be doing it himself." He sent a look at Quinn as he said this, the last two weeks had been a sea of kisses. Nothing progressing too far, but the two of them getting used to the idea of being together and being close. "It's the outcome I hoped for but never dared to dream of."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-19-2018, 03:15 AM

Quinn nodded, finding his stride again next to Shane's confident words. "I just didn't realize how obvious it could be until someone totally out of the picture pointed it out." Thinking back now, it seemed obvious, all his jealous pinning, the specific point that started his 'homophobia' and how it all originated from Shane. He should have thought of it before, but Jamie just understood people better. He was glad to count her as a friend now.

Ciel opened his mouth again, but no words came out. There, in the middle of the parking lot, he stared like a stupid fool. "You've got to be kidding me." But there was no question in his voice now. "You know I love you Shane, but I don't know if I can actually be happy for you right now." Even to his own ears, the honest words felt harsh, but he also needed to be honest, not force on some smile for a pretty show.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-22-2018, 03:21 AM

Shane froze at Ciel's words, not able to respond, but not expecting such a response from his friend. Shane had been so focused on how great he'd felt the last few days, he couldn't see how anyone could feel any other way. "I don't understand," he muttered, staring at Ciel, but clutching tighter to Quinn in this moment, not willing to let go and now the one who needed reassurance.

"I expected you to be happy for me. This is a good thing. And like, you barely know Quinn, you shouldn't hold one dumb thing against him," Shane said, anger lacing his words. "Whatever. Come on Quinn let's go." He pulled Quinn away, "Ciel call me when you can be supportive. I wanted to tell you because this is a good thing for me, but I didn't expect this."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-22-2018, 05:36 PM

Ciel stuffed his hands in his pockets, feeling anger want to rise again even as his heart sunk. This wasn't like him. He knew it well enough, but he just had an outside perspective. One dumb thing? No, he was probably overreacting and he hated that about himself, but there was an old side of himself that wanted to be free right now.

"Yeah, I'll do that. Don't...hate me for being like this. I just need a bit to process," Ciel sighed, watching as Shane turned away. Or rather, he needed a drink. Spinning on his heel, he strode away before anything else could come out of his mouth. His old self wanted out? Well that was fine. He knew just the club for it.

Glancing back once to see Ciel fleeing, Quinn cleared his throat. "Well...that was awkward..." he trailed off, then squeezed Shane's shoulder in a quick hug. "Hey, don't let it get to you. You said that guy was your friend right? So probably, he'll get over it?" Although it was hard to offer any comfort when it came to Ciel whom he barely knew, it seemed like the right thing to do.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-15-2018, 12:07 AM

Shane sighed, looking down at the ground, "Yeah, I guess. I just really didn't expect him to react like that. Like yeah, I get his reaction back at the bar, but like he'd think he would take it at face value when I say it was a misunderstanding. And he knew you before I knew him. So I don't know. I thought he'd be happy for us?" He looked over at Quinn, "Oh well, he'll text me next time he wants a wingman probably, so I guess it doesn't matter. Let's head home, huh?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2018, 01:07 AM

"Well, we never particularly knew each other," Quinn mused with a sheepish smile. "But I think I get what you're saying. I guess you'll just have to wait until then to know what's going on in that guy's head. Ah, but really, I'm glad we came out tonight. It was fun to walk around campus again and do something out of the apartment at least sometimes. There were so many people who still hadn't seen them acting like boyfriends. "Should we grab some shakes on the way home since we're out? I...kinda don't want to go home just yet," he added, his smile hesitant.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-15-2018, 01:14 AM

Shane grinned at Quinn's suggestion, "Yeah that sounds good." He agreed, pressing in closer to Quinn as they walked together, just so glad that he was able to do this. "You know we can do stuff like this more. I mean, you're kinda one f the coolest guys on campus. I could show you off a bit." He said, not that he really cared about that, but it'd be fun. And Shane didn't want to hide his relationship with Quinn, not in the slightest. "Plus, it's nice to have a change of scenery too."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2018, 01:46 AM

"Ex-coolest guy," Quinn added with a laugh. "Not much of anyone sees my face around here anymore, unlike you. Hurry up and graduate already so we can be on the same level." Bumping shoulders with Shane, he headed back for the car, enjoying the light teasing that had fallen between them. It wasn't even something that developed once they started dating, but it made his heart feel warmer to do it now. He almost couldn't understand how he misunderstood anything for a minute. Now, he could tell in every second just how much he loved Shane, even if the day to day still brought its struggles. "But hey, we can have a change of scenery any time you want! Today was fun!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-18-2018, 10:43 PM

"Eh, they still talk about you though, and it's not like you didn't hook me up with mostly guys still in the school," Shane said, chuckling a little at how ridiculous it all seemed now. Quinn's misplaced affections coming out in such an absurd way. "You're still pretty popular around here, being a social butterfly and all." He added, not wanting Quinn to focus to much on the other part, knowing he was still sensitive about it. "But I like the idea of more outside dates. It'll be fun." And it was a sign that Quinn was growing more comfortable with this whole being bisexual thing, which was good as far as Shane was concerned. He didn't want to have to hide their relationship.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-18-2018, 11:27 PM

Quinn pouted slightly, but decided to keep the atmosphere light between them and not comment on his past misconceptions. "Ah well. I can't help that I've always been popular. It's my face," he crowed, grinning as he waved a hand in front of him with an overdramatic flourish. "But don't worry. Since I'm hitched properly for the first time in my life, I think I'm going to stick around with that guy. He'd probably like that after all, unless I haven't learned anything about love in these past few weeks."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 06-20-2018, 01:57 AM

"Hm, yeah he'd definitely like that. Especially given he's always been the romantic type," Shane said, "Spent way too much time daydreaming after a certain oblivious straight guy. Thinking about holding hands and cuddle sessions on the couch." He swung their linked hands together as he spoke, nothing in his tone brooked judgment. He didn't blame Quinn, not anymore, and honestly if this all lasted, it's a story he'd enjoy telling for years, even if it did make him look slightly pathetic. "And maybe now he's thinking about that perfect kiss to end what was a really good first outing, bumps and all." He grinned, shyly at Quinn as he said this, angling them toward each other, but leaving the finally steps up to Quinn, curious if the other was willing.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-20-2018, 10:35 PM

"Sure, just rub it in," Quinn muttered, though his tone remained light, like Shane's. Sometimes he still felt guilty over the whole scenario, but he'd come to accept the journey as well as the result. Even if some days, it was still a little bit weird. "But hey..." he started, pulling out the word for emphasis as he stopped by Shane's car, turning to face him. "If you want a kiss, you should just say so..." Diving in quickly, he pressed his lips to Shane's. Aware that other people still moved around them, but also not against being shown off, he compromised with a quick but passionate kiss, half hidden by the car door.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-02-2018, 12:35 AM

Shane pressed into the kiss slightly, but let Quinn keep it quick. He hummed mildly at Quinn's comment, "This is all still new to you, I don't want to make you uncomfortable. Besides, I like when you initiate the kisses." Shane said. It just showed that Quinn wanted this too and enjoyed being close to him. Even if Shane had begged for that one a little, Quinn didn't have to follow through. And he hoped the other male knew that and knew what it meant that he was still willing to still kiss Shane.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-02-2018, 04:20 AM

Quinn flushed slightly, but a smug grin settled onto his face. "I like initiating the kisses too, when I can. Now come on," he added, motioning for Shane to get into the car. "Let's get out of here before we become the next biggest gossip item on campus. You're the one that's going to get all the questions, you know." Quinn laughed as he settled into his seat, waiting on Shane. He felt at ease, comfortable in a way he wasn't used to feeling and he knew he could only blame Shane. Their first kisses, he hadn't known what to do besides react to his own explosive energy. The act had become so comfortable that he couldn't believe himself. And he loved it.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-04-2018, 12:49 AM

"I think I could handle them," Shane said, sliding into the driver's seat, relinking his and Quinn's hands after pulling out of the parking lot. "Now what about that dessert and then home." He continued, the good feelings of being with Quinn replacing any negativity from the encounter with Ciel. And maybe even a hope for him to come around soon, who knows maybe he'd find his own dream boyfriend and see what made Quinn and Shane so happy. Either way, life seemed to be heading towards a great future, at least for the coming months and Shane would be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-04-2018, 03:34 PM

Together they drove home like that, hand in hand, their eyes looking toward the future. Who really knew what lay there, just like they never guessed that this relationship might ever come to be. But it would be worth it, and they would face it without hesitation--together.

~The End~