onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 10-16-2017, 05:03 PM

I need to continue watching Kemono Friends.

(also, R.I.P. Grape-kun. *salutes*)

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 10-25-2017, 10:54 PM

Grape-kuuuuuuun T.T
My poor heart!
Kemono friends is freaking adorable, I loved that show.

I'm currently going through the second season of My Hero Academia.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-11-2018, 06:49 PM

Ahhh! It's been so long since I've been on Menewsha. I got a new job a few months ago and got totally swamped and kind of went MIA! My favorite thread seems to have died while I was gone..

Is anyone still around to chat about anime?

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 01-15-2018, 08:10 PM

Right now, I've been watching Pop Team Epic. It's like watching Oh! Super Milk-chan on the brown acid.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-15-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Ahhh! It's been so long since I've been on Menewsha. I got a new job a few months ago and got totally swamped and kind of went MIA! My favorite thread seems to have died while I was gone..

Is anyone still around to chat about anime?
I'm here!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2018, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onsenmark View Post
Right now, I've been watching Pop Team Epic. It's like watching Oh! Super Milk-chan on the brown acid.
Bwahaha omg - i have no idea what that is but I'm kind of afraid to find out xD;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix of the Immortal View Post
I'm here!
Woooot! What've you been watching lately?

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-16-2018, 06:38 AM

Emma: I've been watching a lot of stuff recently. I'll let you in on the full list tomorrow since I'm about to head to bed.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-19-2018, 04:08 AM

I know what you mean! I've been on an anime binge the last few weeks while I've been sick - my list is so crazy long I'm surprised I've gotten through as much as I have! It doesn't seem like I've watched this much lol

What I've watched recently:
Little Witch Academia (TV)
The Ancient Magus' Bride (both prequel & main season)
Momokuri
Magi: The Labyrinth if Magic (on episode 9)
Konohana Kitan
KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (Just started it)
Kids on the Slope
Izetta: The Last Witch (on episode 4)
Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic
CCS Clear Card Prologue
Is this a Zombie? (First season and first set of OVAs)
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san
Piace: Watashi no Italian
Barakamon
Tabi Machi Late Show
Urawa no Usagi-chan
Orenchi no Furo Jijou
Teekyu
Teekyu 2

I've also been on a short anime binge the last couple of nights lol A nice break from all of the longer shows I've been watching! Mainly watching Slice of Life/Comedy shorts for now. I go back to work on Monday though so I'll have less time after that! :(

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 01-19-2018 at 04:10 AM..

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-19-2018, 05:17 AM

I have Ancient Magnus Bride (just the original series) on my list, but I have a lot of other things to watch as well. I'm definitely watching Clear-Card Hen (because Cardcaptor Sakura is love)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-21-2018, 09:31 PM

The prequel was really good! It's only 3 episodes and gives context to a scene they breeze over in the original. Apparently it was a teaser promo for the main series that aired before, but I felt it should have just been part of it or something. Watching it before hand, for me, gave a lot of spoilers to the main series. Like, you know things were going to happen but you weren't sure when, so you kept watching for them to happen until they finally did and then you're like OH. OKAY. That makes more sense now. I get how that happened. I definitely would have rather watched it when the episode in the original series aired instead of watching it prior. :3

Omg yes!! I saw that the actual season has started airing but I haven't started watching it yet - I start school & work tomorrow (which still seems crazy to me that it's already here) and I have gaps between shifts at work so I'm planning on watching it while I work on school stuff since it's only a few episodes in. I'm hoping I can keep up with a few of the airing anime by using it as "breaks" from school work - it'll give me an excuse to take a breather

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-22-2018, 10:42 PM

I've been keeping a catalogue of the new stuff that's been happening in Clear Card, the new chants and cards and whatnot. So far it seems interesting that most of the cards are offensive based / attack magic.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-22-2018, 11:01 PM

I bet they're probably going to lead up to something big at the end and continue this for a few seasons if they can. It's nice that they're keeping with the same style, just updating the quality. I watched the prologue and it really made me think back to the original series and where everyone left off lol! I was hoping to re-watch it but there's just not enough time :(

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 01-23-2018, 04:33 AM

I know what you mean...

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-18-2018, 12:10 AM

I haven't watched much anime in the last month! I had surgery the last week of January and once that hit, I was so not able to read subtitles lol I watched a couple episodes here and there while in recovery but not too much. Hopefully I'll get some time soon!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-26-2018, 06:00 PM

I’m currently watching Black Clover, A Place Further Than The Universe, Yowamushi Pedal, After The Rain, and Violet Evergarden. I highly recommend Violet Evergarden! Every episode has brought me to tears!! It’s so beautiful and amazing!! ;; w;; It’s not currently available in America but it will be when the whole series shows on TV. I pretend to be in Canada to watch it. Make sure to check it out on Netflix! > w<

Last edited by Kent; 02-27-2018 at 02:00 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-26-2018, 06:51 PM

Black Clover is on my list! The others I haven't heard of though - Crunchyroll doesn't even air Violet Evergarden? I bet it's a Netflix exclusive then if it's headed there once it airs fully. Based on the emotional pull it sounds like something I'd probably be into - what's the plot for it?

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-27-2018, 12:36 AM

Yeah, it's a Netflix original series. It's about a girl named Violet Evergarden who was basically raised to be a weapon of war. So she's learned to be emotionless, apparently. The series is set right after the war has ended. She learns to acclimate to normal civilian life and gets a job as an "automate doll" where she types letters for those who wish to send letters. X3 With each client, she basically learns about emotions and empathy. ; w; I like how the series is set in like a fantasy world very much like late 1800s/early 1900s Europe. X3

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 02-27-2018, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I’m currently watching Black Clover, A Place Further Than The Universe, Yowamushi Pedal, After The Rain, and Violet Evergarden. I highly recommend Violet Evergarden! Every episode has brought me to tears!! It’s so beautiful and amaxing!! ;; w;; It’s not currently available in America but it will be when the whole series shows on TV. I pretend to be in Canada to watch it. Make sure to check it out on Netflix! > w<
You're not wrong about Violet Evergarden bringing tears with every episode. It's so beautiful...

Black Clover is an amazing adventure anime, and plus: MAGIC! Also, I'm enjoying After the Rain as well, especially when they're doing the romance so well in that one.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-27-2018, 02:05 AM

The latest episode was probably my favorite so far! I loved how she jumped over the water/lake. That was soooo beautiful. And bringing that grown man to tears. So sad. ;; w;; I love whoever came up with that scene.

I find Black Clover to be very simplistic, but it's a cute yet dark anime. X3
I love the romance in After the Rain! It's so very innocent and sweet. > w< Makes me want a romance like it.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 02-27-2018, 02:28 AM

I know! the jumping over the lake to help that playwriter was amazing. I felt so bad when she learned about the Major...

Black Clover reminds me of Bleach but a little darker if that makes any sense...and yes, I totally agree with that statement about Koi wa Ameyuri no Wa (After the Rain)

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 02-27-2018, 03:46 AM

i am rewatching inuyasha.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-27-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Yeah, it's a Netflix original series. It's about a girl named Violet Evergarden who was basically raised to be a weapon of war. So she's learned to be emotionless, apparently. The series is set right after the war has ended. She learns to acclimate to normal civilian life and gets a job as an "automate doll" where she types letters for those who wish to send letters. X3 With each client, she basically learns about emotions and empathy. ; w; I like how the series is set in like a fantasy world very much like late 1800s/early 1900s Europe. X3
Ahh! That make sense. Netflix has some amazing series - I've been watching quite a few over there!

That sounds absolutely amazing - definitely something I'd be into, especially given the time period implications. Do you know when it's set to come to Netflix? I'll have to keep an eye out for it!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuu-Chan View Post
i am rewatching inuyasha.
How far are you? I started re-watching it awhile back - now that I think about it, it was actually just before the new season came out - Final Act I think it's called? I haven't been able to get back to it yet.. but I think I got a few seasons in when I started. I was also watching Ranma 1/2 at the time (first time watching it) as both were on Hulu and Hulu I know removed Ranma 1/2 for awhile (although I see it's back on finally!!!) and I want to say they did the same thing for Inuyasha too, though I think I saw that that's back on there too. I haven't been on Hulu much since they went through and deleted all of their anime content during the transition to their updated platform (which is super annoying) - it looks like they've added anime back into their content though. The only reason why I went back in was because I had heard that Sailor Moon was up and I wanted to see if it was so my cousin could watch it! I've gotten her hooked on it and anime in general :D <3

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-30-2018, 03:06 PM

Me and my roommate started rewatching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood since they put it back up on Netflix. We watched 13 episodes in one day but haven't had a chance to watch again. Our schedules are too different. Brings back such fond memories though.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-06-2018, 12:41 PM

I just had some time to watch anime this past week, and I finished up KonoSuba and made a lot of progress in Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic. What's everyone else watching?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-06-2018, 06:00 PM

Finished watching FMA brotherhood and can't decide what to watch next. I want to watch Aggretsuko, which isn't technically an anime, but my roommate doesn't seem too thrilled about it.