10:12:07 - Opened the shop. Woot!

CREDITS
Jynk - shop owner, certs, colors, evil genius
merangue - lineart

Jynk
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Jynk

Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 PM

It was a rather chilly day and the wind was playing havoc with Jynk's hair. She ducked into a little coffee shop, briefly glancing at the sign that read "The Beat Generation" outside. She paused in the doorway, srtaightening what the wind had mussed up, then walked past the shelves of books towards the coffee bar in the back. She leaned on the counter, looking at the menu.

"Whatever happened to regular coffee?" she muttered, frowning.

"Like everything else, it got a make-over," the guy behind the counter said, coming over. "You're new in here, eh?"

"Yeah. I just came in out of the cold and wanted something warm to fill my tummy," Jynk answered. "I guess I'll take one of those." She pointed at a drink on the menu. "I can't believe I've never seen this place before."

"It hasn't been around long," the guy said, fixing the iced cappachino up. "The owner's a big fan of the Beat generation..hence the name."

"Like Kerouac and those guys, right?" Jynk asked, looking around, taking the quaint atmoshere in.

"Those are the ones," the guy said, setting the drink on the counter with a muffin. "The muffin's on the house."

"Oh, thanks," the demoness answered. She blinked a moment, catching movement behind the guy. "I think someone's kid got in."

"What?" the guy asked, looking behind him. He sighed. "No, that's just Agreva."

"What's an 'Agreva'?" Jynk asked, leaning over the counter to get a better look at the child-like creature. It was bright orange with blue and purlple polkadots. "That's got to be the strangest-looking kid I've ever seen."

"Agreva's not a kid. It's a Beat," the guy said, patting the cretaure on the head.

"I've never heard of them," the demoness confessed.

The guy looked at her. "They're these creatures the owner found. Sort of like little muses, only they can inspire pretty much anything. Agreva here inspires prosperity. It helps with the shop."

"I can see how it would." Jynk looked the spotty creature over. "So, who's the owner?"

"I am," the guy said with a grin. "Agreva's never shown itself to anyone before. That makes me think that maybe you have a gift. I have to go away for awhile, but I can't close the shop. I don't suppose you want a job, eh?"

"A job sounds cool. I just have to watch the store till you get back?" Jynk asked.

"That's all," the guy said. "Come by tomorrow and I'll get you all set up."

"Okie dokie!" Jynk said.

Two weeks later....

A letter arrived in the mail at the coffee shop, informing Jynk that the Beat Generation now belonged to her. The man had disappeared, taking Agreva with him. The demoness grumbled a bit, looking over the ownership lease. "The least he could've done was leave the prosperity making critter with me."

A strange crackling noise from the storeroom caught Jynk's attention. The mice were at it again. She went to the back, preparing to scare away the rodents. Instead, she was met by a little green kid, tearing up styrofoam cups. Curiously she leaned over for a closer look when the little green creature with horns shot up and attached to her face. She began running back and forth, flailing. "Augh!!! Someone get me Sigourney Weaver!!"

Eventually, the creature dropped off and bounced in front of Jynk, giggling. "Boo!"

"You liked trying to suffocate me, eh, you little kid?" the demones asked, poking it. The creature snapped at her, making her pull her hand back. "Whoa! Fiesty little beast." She looked the creature over. "You're a Beat, right?"

"Yes!" the creature chirpped. Jynk just sighed.

"I think I'll call you Nairn." She barely got the words out when the creature tackled her again. "Okay, I get it. You don't like me." She pushed the critter off. "Why couldn't I get the prosperity Beat? No, I got stuck with you..the..meaness Beat..or something." She grumbled, picking up the letter the owner had sent her. "See this, you dumb little thing. I own the shop now, so inspire me with something good to help me run it." She whapped the critter on the head with the papers. A strange feeling of sarcasm came over her, sarcasm to snark at the idiots that would be wandering into this shop. Well, it wasn't prosperity, but it would do..or whatever.

Now every so often, more Beat children appear in the store room and, to keep from being over run, Jynk offers the Beats up for adoption.

Link to shop layout for RP purposes.

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:47 PM

01 The Golden Rule - Respect everyone here, no matter if it's me, the staff, owners, non-owners, lurkers, or whomever. I do not want fights in here. Anyone caught or reported fighting or being unneccessarily rude will be grey listed or black listed, depending on the severity of their offence.

02 Not A Pet Machine - The shop staff does not crap out pets. It takes time to colour and cert the Beat Generation. Whining and demanding will not get you a pet faster, it will not get your pet to grow quicker, and it will not get you any inventory items sooner. If you do not have the gold to afford one, save up. The shop will be around awhile. You will not get a free pet outside of events that will grant you chance at one.

03 No Harrassing -
Do not pester the staff, owners, or merangue about the Beat Generation. This won't get you a pet. It only pisses us off. Do not try to contact merangue, especially, about the pets. She created the lineart, not the shop. I own the lineart now and I make the pets.

04 Do NOT Steal - The lineart (both pet and inventory), pets, concept, and banners are owned by this shop. Do not steal them. If you are caught stealing from this shop, you will be reported to a moderator and black listed permanently.

05 TV Guide - When the TV guide comes in every week, the corners on the little address label will curl up and you'll be tempted to tear it off. Don't. It rips the cover and I hate that.

06 Ownage - A person may own as many Beats as they think they can handle, since they're not RP-required (only RP-encouraged). If you own more than one, they will be considered siblings and will not be able to be bred to each other.

07 No Spam - Do not spam this thread or bump unneccessarily. I would rather there be actual conversation or RP here. Do not over-quote posts, either. Do not make posts (including posting shop link codes) that make the page stretch. I hate side-scrolling.

08 No Refunds - If you're enough of an ass that you are blacklisted or you disappear, you will not have your gold refunded. Sorry. I will, however finish your pet at the usual time for growing, but--in the case of blacklisting--you will not be allowed to visit the shop or RP the pet in the shop or guild.

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 PM

FAQ

If I own a Beat at Gaia, can it be transfered here?
Absolutely. All the Beats are individuals--there will be no resaling of a Beat from one shop through another. This means if you own a Beat here, I will not sell it again on Gaia, and vice versa.

Can you recommend a book by each author the pets are named after?
I can recommend a few:
On The Road by Jack Kerouac
Howl by Allen Ginsberg (I also recommend his journals and other poems)
what matters most is how well you walk through the fire by Charles Bukowski
sifting through the maddness for the word, the line, the way by Charles Bukowski
The Subterraneans by Jack Kerouac
Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin (not a Beat writer, but still in the same spirit)

Are their personalities going to be based on the writings of the different authors they named off of?

They aren't really based so much on the authors...well, Bukowskis can be really snarky, but aside from that, they don't have any relation to the writers other than names. I figured Beat Generation was a good shop name...and just named all the creature types after Beat writers.

Can they speak entirely in beat poetry and have odd obsessions with Naked Lunch?

Yeah, sure. As long as you keep your pet's base personality in mind, you're free to expand on it to make your pet as unique as you want in their personality. Just don't make a Bukowski bubbly or a Ginsberg a snarky bitch. No matter what their likes/dislikes are or how you develop them, they will always be true to the archetypes stated below in the Known Types.

About how big are the Beats (for RP reasons)?
I will include a chart for height with each breed in the info section about the types.

Can the Beats fly, since they have wings?

Again, this varies and a info will be included with the breeds.

Which ones are boys and which are the girls?
Beats are genderless. They refer to themselves as whichever gender they feel comfortable as.

Some of their markings seem to move around or change as they age. Is that normal?
Yeah, it is. Some Beats will get more markings as they age, some will have a few changes in their markings. They're fantasy critters and are not subject to the normal laws of..whatever.

How long do they stay in their stages?
Eggs for about a week and then a few months for the child and adult stages. I may add more stages later on.

Why did so-n-so's Beat grow faster than mine? We're active the same amount.
Some Beats take longer to grow due to how much time it takes the colorist to do their stages. Some have very easy markings and others are more intricate. The more detailed your Beat is, the more time it takes to get them ready for the next stage. Please, be patient with us while we grow your pet.

Why does Nairn have a shirt?
Because he's an insufferable jackass... and believes in there's truth in advertising. Plus, he's just special that way.

TYPES OF BEATS

Ginsberg - These Beat Generation look angelic in appearance. They're generally even-tempered and pleasant. They enjoy enjoying life and are all-around bubbly creatures.

Height
Child - roughly 3'5" - 4'
Adult - roughly 4'9" - 5'6"

Flying
Child - Can not fly.
Adult - Can glide some, but tire easily. They can only stay airborne for about an hour.

Bukowski - Although demonic in appearance, they aren't quite so evil, or even mean. They tend to be snarky and are quick to anger when annoyed, though this is usually displayed as long rants rather than violence. As much as they love sarcasm, they also love playing pranks...usually on Ginsbergs.

Height
Child - roughly 4' - 4'5"
Adult - roughly 4'11" - 5'8"

Flying
Child - Can not fly.
Adult - Can glide some, but tire easily. They can only stay airborne for about an hour.

Whalen - These centaurian Beats are known for their agressiveness. Most tend to lean toward warrior-type muses, but a few do have gentle souls. While they're not bullies, they are very aware of the fact they are the tallest Beats and will tend to use that to their advantage.

Height
Child - roughly 4'8" - 5'2"
Adult - roughly 5'6" - 6'

Flying
This breed cannot fly at all.

Patchen - Innocent as the faeries they resemble, they need watchful owners to keep them out of trouble. They are the only Beats that can begin flying at the child stage (move their flight up one on the scale...child patchens fly like Bukowski and Ginsberg adults). These Beats are also bubbly to a fault..usually.

Height
Child - roughly 2'8" - 3'5"
Adult - roughly 3'10" - 4'5"

Flying
Child - Can glide some, but tire easily. They can only stay airborne for about an hour.
Adult - Can stay airborne for about three to five hours.

Lamantia - Mysterious and wise, these aquatic Beats favour muses reflecting their nature. Fantastic swimmers, they are quite a bit clumsier on land, getting around not unlike seals do. Though the fins on their backs resemble wings, they are, like the Whalen, incapable of flight.

Height
Child - roughly 4'6" - 5'
Adult - roughly 5'4" - 5'10"

Flying
This breed cannot fly at all.

STAGES

Egg - This is how your Beat starts. A soccer ball-sized egg that you must look after till it hatches. There's really know way to determine what type is in the egg, but the egg's colors might give a clue on what they'll look like.

Child - At this stage they resemble a small human child and are roughly about the same size as such. like to run and jump and, well, basically act like children. They can speak well and do so often. Guardians should be teaching them things now, like reading and other useful skills.

Adult - Congratulations! Through your care and parenting, your Beat Generation has become an adult. Although they are feeling rather independent and less reliant on their guardians, they still retain a very strong bond with them and, as such, will always remain with them. That figures, eh? Just when they want to strike out on their own, they need their guardian more. Adult Beats may (and often will) make their way to the shop on their own, the same as they did when they were youths. They can now begin looking for mates and breeding as well. There are rumours that this is not the last stage...

FAMILIARS

These little floating creatures are something like little pets or helpers for the Beats. They are companions for the most part and have no influence like the Beats do. Their personalities vary depending on the influence and personality of the Beat they belong to. They don't speak or communicate with the Beat or anyone else.

No one really knows where they came from. The popular theory is that they're from the same essence as the Beats, but extremely dumbed down. They are attracted to the energy and power of the Beats, but lack any real power themselves. Some Beats find them to be annoyances while others are happy for the companionship.

*There will be images for the Beats soon, too.

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 PM

What is the minimum upkeep for the Beats?
I would hope owners would want to stick around and hang out and rp their pets. It's not mandatory, but highly encouraged. Beats will progress through their stages without rp, however they'll never have the option to advance beyond adult or to breed without rp. They will also grow faster if they're rp-ed.

Do we RP as the Beats or as the guardians?
Either/or. You can RP them as you like. If you'd prefer playing them, then do that... or if you'd prefer RPing as their guardian, rp that way.

Can Beats influence each other with their muses?
No, they can't. They can only influence non-Beats (familiars excluded).

Are there going to be organized RP events or just kinda willy-nilly, RP with anyone in the thread kind of a thing?
RP will be as-you-please as well as organized events. I want people to not feel restricted by having to wait for events. Allowing for RP to happen whenever people are around is more convenient for people.

Is a basic plot going to be announced, or are we to just RP the basic angelic or demonic character we create doing anything?
There will be a basic plot. Despite the appearance, they are not angelic or demonic. They just are. The overall plot will probably have less to do with their appearance and more to do with whatever kooky idea I come up with at 4am.

Where will the RP take place?
I'd actually really prefer RP in the shop. Shop RP is informal or formal, depending on the mood of the RPers at the moment.

BASIC INFO

The Beat Generation are all sexless. You can call them "he" or "she" if you like, but they lack distinct genders. Breeding will be discussed in that section, so I'll move on to other info.

None of the Beat Generation can do magic or have special powers. At least, none I've known have expressed such talents yet. They do seem to have a strange ability to inspire, though...almost like muses, but not quite. This usually has to do with what they're interests are. If they're muse is, say, poetry, they inspire it in their bonds (their guardians). It also is usually their main interest and they'll base their hobbies around it.

Their fields of inspiration (that's their "muse" thingy) are not determined by their appearance or their breed. A Ginsberg could just as easily inspire mischief in someone as much as a Bukowski could inspire happiness. They are not angelic or demonic creatures, but rather the personification of inspiration. It's been found that several can be of the same type of inspiration field..and that those can be of several different breeds. There are a few, however that are specialty fields and are rare to find. The most common types of inspiration fields are those that are found in everyday life: creativity, hobbies (such as photography or wood-carving), survival (you'd be surprised how this helps in an office), happiness, music, writing, and so on. The one least likely to be found (and will not be approved when choosing the inspiration for flatsale Beat Generation) are more like murder, espionage, and other things that would not be commonplace.

Since the Beat Generation inspire these aspects in people around them (particularly those they're bonded with), it tends to govern their personalities and moods as well. A Beat Generation that inspires happiness will generally be a very happy and upbeat creature that is bubbly and maybe a little naive, whereas a Beat Generation that inspires survival might be more cynical and untrusting as well as a little paranoid and quick to anger.

Bonds of the Beat Generation will eventually start feeling the affects of their connection to their wards as the Beat Generation get older. A bond's mood and actions (and even their personality!) may begin to change over time as the influence of the Beat Generation becomes stronger. Most people don't have to worry about influences or any major affects from bonding with a Beat Generation. Even the adults aren't strong enough to completely govern a person's actions. There are, however, rumours of Beat Generation going beyond adulthood and that those few are extremely powerful in inspiring humans, whether it is for good...or for awesome.

The more interaction they have with humans, the more they imitate them, both in speech and mannerisms. They're intelligent creatures and very curious about the world around them. A guardian should be watchful that they're not getting into something or whatever. This can include the Beats trying their hand at influencing random people, which is okay if the Beat's affinity is happiness, but what if it's mischief? Keep a close eye on them as they are curious creatures and do not often realize that their abilities could hurt someone.

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:49 PM

OMG! I want one!!11one!!
Simmer down, chumpy. First, read this FAQ and then read all the sales info provided. It will tell you what you need to know.

How much are kids in the flatsale?
300g. Period. Do not whine about not having enough. That's not my problem. If you can't afford a Beat Generation, save up or it. They're not that expensive that you can't manage the funds. Also, don't enter a flatsale if you can't pay. I don't give free ones out...usually.

How much do auctions start at?
Auctions start 400g. These are usually a little more special or might have items included. Usually these are rare inspiration fields, abandoned Beats looking for a new home, or cosplay (if I can find someone that can do cosplay edits for me). Some of these may involve a small RP prompt as well, but it won't be difficult or be time consuming. Be aware that some auctions might be a bit more than 400g starting, though, depending on what's offered.

Do you do pet trades?
Yeah, but I'm a little picky about pet trades because I want an equal trade. Don't feel bad if I decline. If you have a pet you'd like me to consider, just PM me the link to your shop. I'll have a look and get back to you. I'm not big on RP-intensive pets, but light RP is fine.

What about customs?
600g. You get to choose body colour, wing colour, eye colour, horn/halo colour (default halo colour is gold), marking type, marking colour, what breed you want, name (well, der), muse (even if it's one that's auction-only for this shop), and one familiar that you can choose the colours of.

How come so-and-so got a free one or got one outside a flatsale/auction?
I like them better. *ahem* Actually, they're really good friends or really deserve it. It's my shop, I reserve the right to hand out freebies whenever and to whomever I want. Do not ask for a free Beat or free items for Beats. I'll just blacklist you.

Are these going to be prompt sales as well?
As these are RP-encouraged, I'm going to be inclined to say, yes...there will be prompts, but they won't be difficult. I will usually set a scene or ask a question that you will write a short paragraph or two (depending on the prompt) about. It doesn't have to be about the Beat Generation or involve the "muse" you want, but I would like you to be as creative as you can and have fun with it.

Will there be speed flatsales, too?
Yeah. These will probably have specific instructions when they begin, so please pay attention.

How do I buy one in the flatsale?
The prompt will be posted along with the entry form (you will need to post both in the thread when you enter the flatsale) along with how long you will have to submit an entry (one per person..no mule accounts...no editing enries after submitting them). Do not submit entries before I have said "GO!" in the thread, signalling the begining of the time period to submit entries. Any entries submitted before I have opened the flatsale will be discounted and you will not be allowed to submit a new one for that flatsale. At the end of the time period for entries, I will post "STOP!" in the thread. Any entries submitted after this will not be counted, sorry. It's it's really close, say you were hitting the send button just as I posted, then I'll make an exception, but only if it's a few seconds late. I will not accept entries that are over a minute late, sorry.

Anything else we need to know about entering a flatsale?
Yes. For RP flatsales, all entries should be well-written with the best spelling and grammar that you can do. You'll have plenty of time to work on an entry, so don't be afraid to check out Dictionary.com to make sure a word is spelt and used correctly. You should also avoid using l33t, net-speak, or any other bastardization of the English language. If I can't read it or understand what you're saying, I'll just skip your entry and move on. I write to the best of my abilities so that the information I wish to convey is clear enough for you to understand, I would like the same consideration in flatsale entries, thanks.

I'm not sure I can make the flatsale. Can I have a friend enter for me?
I'm going to have to say no if it is an rp flatsale, since it uses a prompt to test the writing skills of potential owners. It wouldn't do for you to have someone enter for you as I would not be able to see your writing ability. I try to have flatsales at various times, so if you miss one, there will be others. You can also try auctions if you can't make the flatsales. That said, if it is a speed sale, yes, you can have someone proxy for you, but they can't buy a Beat for themselves in the same sale.

I already have a Beat Generation, but I really like one of the eggss you're offering. May I enter the flatsale?
No, you can't, you greedy bastard. *spank* Flatsales are only for those that do not currently own a Beat Generation already. The only time current owners are allowed to participate in a flatsale is if it is for an abandoned Beat, otherwise you'll have to rely on breeding and auctions if you want a second Beat Generation.

Do we get to pick our muse types?
No. I'm sorry, but Beat's influences are picked before I put them up for sale. This allows for more variety and more spontenaiety.

AVAILABILITY

-none currently-

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM

-none currently-

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM

Tome of Meditation - 50g (5/5)
This will stunt the growth of your Beat,
allowing them to stay at their current stage.

Tome of Growth - 100g (5/5)
This will jumpstart the growth of your Beat,
jumping them to the next stage or restarting
their growing if they're meditating.

Tome of Regression - 100g (5/5)
This will revert your Beat back one stage. It
can not be used if your Beat is only a child.

You can also change the color of your cert background for 50g and you can only change it up to 3 times. You can tell me colors and I'll try to get it close.. or provide the hex code for an exact color.

WEARABLE ITEMS

Available for 10g

Available for 20g

Available for 30g

Available for 40g

Available for 50g

Seasonal Items

Items can be any color you wish, with exception of Seasonal Items. The Halloween T-shirt is as shown and the Santa Hat is only available in red (shown) or green. Fishnet gloves and stockings only come in black.

Glasses have only black frames, but lens can be colored.

Horns can not be worn by Bukowskis and halos can not be worn by Ginsbergs.

Hoodies can be worn with the hood up or down and the tutu can be worn with or without the bodice. Please specify style when purchasing.

Please keep in mind that not all items work together. I'll let you know if they will layer or not when ordered. Do not send payment till I approve your order in case your order needs to be adjusted.

Also, please keep in mind that not all items can be seen on the certs, but you can request a full-sized uncerted image of your Beat with their items on for your own personal use.

Striped stockings and gloves can have one color (color/white) or two colors (color 1/color 2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inventory Form
Item:
Item color: (be specific as possible.. hex code works)
Total cost:
Model: Yama (except bunny slippers.. that was Pip)

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 PM

image|name|owner|stage|type|muse|mate|meditating

#|Nairn|Jynk|evolved|Bukowski|sarcasm|---|no
#|Darkwater|Jynk|adult|Lamantia|adventure|---|no
#|Cirrus|Sizzla|child|Ginsberg|music|---|no
#|Melo|ladyumbra|child|Patchen|gardening|---|no
#|Kai|Mirei|child|Bukowski|puzzles|---|no
#|???|Yumehayla|egg|unknown|treasure-hunting|---|no
#|???|StormRose|egg|unknown|history|---|no
#|Artemis|Komitadjie|adult|Whalen|savagery|---|no

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:52 PM

WHITE LIST
merangue - for the lineart

BLACK LIST
No one so far. Let's keep it that way.

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:52 PM

Being that the Beat Generation are all genderless, breeding isn't so much..well..breeding as it is just coming together to create new Beat Generation. The proccess of how this is done is unknown--though Nairn said that it's quite fun--but the results will usually be 2-3 offspring. On the rare occurance, there may be 4 children. If the parents are not of the same breed, the children will be a mix of them, meaning you will get some of each breed the parents are.

THE BASICS

When two of the Beat Generation decide to come together to create offspring, they decide on who will be the "mama" and who will be the "papa" in the merging. It doesn't really matter who is what role, really, it's just for record-keeping purposes on who's getting it on with whom.

Once they have decided on the "mama" and "papa" of the merging, the two Beat Generation will go through the process. During this time they will be unavailable to friends and guardians for a day or so. Afterwards, they will return with their kids, though the kids might be unavailable for RP for a little bit.

Costs for breeding will be determined later.

THE CHILDREN

When the children are created, there will be 2-3 (or, on the rare occasion, 4) kids. The shop will always take one kid from the batch if there is more than one (two kids if there are four in the batch). The remaining kids can be kept by the guardians to give to friends or keep. You may not sell or auction children from breedings. Please inform the shop if you are keeping the kid or giving it to a friend (and whom the friend will be).

BREEDING SLOTS
1. Closed
2. Closed
3. Closed

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 PM

Customs are a first come, first serve basis. The price for a custom will be determined later, this includes all stages from egg to adult, plus a familiar. You will be allowed to pick the colors, markings, and what muse they have.

Be sure to PM me first to check for availability.

CUSTOM FORM

Name: (your name)
Beat's Name: (self-explanitory)
Beat's Breed: (self-explanitory)
Colors/Markings: (be detailed as possible... and remember I color with a mouse)
Eye Color: (self-explainitory... you can have bi-colored eyes, be specific on which one will be what color)
Muse: (their field of influence)
Familar: (type and colors, be specific)
Anything Else: (info you think might be important in the custom)

Custom familiars' price will be determined. You'll be able to pick the type and colors. (I'll be getting a special cert for familiars soon.)

CUSTOM FAMILIAR FORM

Name: (your name)
Familiar's Name: (self-explainitory)
Familiar Type: (self-explainitory)
Familiar's Colors/markings: (be specific)

CUSTOM SLOTS
1. Sizzla/Eroy (?)
2. Closed
3. Closed

PET TRADES

Honestly, I don't really have much of a list here. So... um, surprise me. Just PM me a link to your shop if you want to trade and I'll have a look. Don't be disappointed if I say decline, though. I prefer pets that are not RP-heavy and those that have decent art/coloring.

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 PM

No links yet.

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:56 PM

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 07:56 PM

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 10-12-2007, 09:12 PM

Woo! First post! XD

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 09:16 PM

Hmm.. should I just post like one of the certs here so people can see one of the Beats to get price suggestions?

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 10-12-2007, 09:54 PM

I don't see why not. I think it'd be good to get some opinions. *nods* :D

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2007, 01:15 AM

Here's a sample of a certed Beat. Darkwater has clothes on to modle some of the numerous items available for them to wear.

I just need an honest price idea on what to charge for these (they have three stages: egg, child, adult) and what might be a good price for their items.

ladyumbra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-13-2007, 05:12 AM

i have no clue on prices but i can tell you he's awesome * has an addiction to things in mesh*

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2007, 05:14 AM

I set up some prices on the Sales section. Feedback on if these are fair would be appreciated, keeping in mind I color each Beat individually and do not use shading templates. I also color using a mouse.

As for Dark's clothes, there will be something like 20-30 items available. I'll have to pick and choose because some of them were designed after Gaia items.

sinbari
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 05:15 AM

Jynk! Guess who snuck over here to check things out too? *snickers madly* Looks like just setting up a breedables shop earns you some dough, eh? If you find out how the gold ratio compares, let a poor naked pirate (not that many would complain) know? Bwahahaha. *lurks around the forums some more*

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2007, 05:45 AM

I did sort out the gold ratio... things here have to be set at cheaper prices because gold is harder to gain.

I added some eggs for a FS.. but I'll decide on a date later.

sinbari
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-13-2007, 06:24 AM

Oh, cool. Maybe I'll set up some shop soon, either Pupfins here, or some new shop, with less work, LOL. Yeah it IS a lot tougher to earn gold here. I don't feel that I'm longwinded enough, though I try. ^^

Jynk
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2007, 07:08 AM

You'll get the hang of it, Sin.. and did you see all the nice pirate stuffs?

You know what I should do? I should ask Jes over on Gaia to make me a Richard Beat. I think the Bukowskis would be perfect.