p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-21-2011, 02:27 AM

The Zombie Apocalypse

Almost a year ago a government facility was taken hostage by a group of activists intent on overthrowing the wrongful experimentation of lab animals. Little did they know, the animals had been infected with a virus that turned them into mindless flesh eating monsters with only one goal, to feed. Upon releasing the animals, the group along with the facility's workers, were attacked becoming infected with the virus. It's been a year since the incident and the world is now over run with the walking dead.
They are slow moving, and easily avoided if you don't let your guard down.
There are areas surrounded by walls/barbed wire etc. that are virus free, but there aren't many. Some people have chosen to make their own safe places, while others insist there is no safe place and continue to travel.

Blair D'Allen

People call me Blair or D'Allen.
I am 20 years old.
I can manipulate fire and freeze my immediate surroundings but only for seconds.

When we first heard about the outbreak we thought it was a hoax. It wasn't until it reached our city that we realized the seriousness of the epidemic. A small group of us decided to head north where we heard there were many safe camps and cities free of infection. There were four of us then, I'm alone now. Two of our group were attacked, I was separated from my best friend months ago. I'm going to continue North, that was the plan.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 09-21-2011 at 02:30 AM..

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:52 AM

(Oh! 1st person roleplay? First time doing this!)

Thane Wessex
My friends used to call me 'Wes'.
I'm happily 23 years old.
I have the ability to sense when danger is near and when it will strike. At times, I will catch a glimpse of a future that is very important to my life. I age very slowly.
I used to be the chief of police in a small town in England. But when the zombie apocalypse broke out, it was sheer havoc. I was sitting in my kitchen, feeding my youngling Toby when a zombie came out of nowhere and took my son first. In panic, I went to check on my wife Marie, who ended up dead on the master bedroom bed. Out of anger, I swore I'd avenge my family and do my best to stop and survive this apocalypse. So I gathered up what weapons I could find, practiced a bit of the powers I possess, and I got in my car and just drove. It's been a year now and I'm still driving, searching for something. Anything.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 AM

Blair had been walking for almost an hour when she entered the tiny town. A small grocery store, a gas station and few other small shops lined the two way road, and that appeared to be it. She stepped up the old wooden stair onto the porch of the old timey grocery store and stopped. The door was open. She listened for movement inside for a moment before pulling out her pistol and stepping inside, eyes and pistol sweeping the store.

After assessing that there were no zombies or humans near, she replaced the pistol in it's holster and made her way down the isles, rummaging through food, checking dates and shoving useful things inside her bag. When she found herself standing in front of the tall glass doors of the coolers she was dissapointed. They seemed to have been cleared out of any water or gatorades or anything of the sort.

Blair leaned forward to scan the bottom of the coolers as a smile graced her lips. There was one bottle of water in the far back corner of the cooler. Removing her pack she opened the cooler and layed, stomach down, on the floor. She reached into the cooler but her reach wasn't quite enough. Inching further inside her fingers finally wrapped around the bottle as she heard a noise in the store. In seconds she was on her feet, pistol in hand. Her back to the glass, heart racing, she waited and listened.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 09-21-2011 at 03:08 AM..

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:20 AM

Thane stopped his car before the sign that used to be a representation of the small town before him. He looked around. Searching senses, there was no known danger in sight. He sighed and put the car back in drive and swirved by wrecked cars, broken signs, broken street lights, and so much more havoc. Buildings were in pieces, except for a few here and there. He sighed. He really needed something to drink. His stomach was even rumbling uncomfortably. Finding coming upon an old-looking store, he stopped his car and got out. Her grabbed his favorite gun that he kept on the passenger's seat beside him and made sure it was fully loaded as he placed it in his gun holster. Next, he checked to make sure he still had his dagger in his knife sheath (I think that's how you say it...) He looked around. Not a single living organism in sight.

He took a step forward and slammed his car door shut. He walked towards the opened doors of the store and walked in. He surveyed the scene. Old food laid across the floor in various places, torn-apart packages, and other unmentionables. He sighed. Then his eyes darted to the coolers that sat across the walls. When he saw the girl standing there with pistol in hand, he froze, eyes widened as he put his hands up. "I don't mean any harm," he immediately said in his thick British accent. The girl looked terrified in all honesty, in his eyes.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-22-2011, 04:41 AM

Blair's heart was racing as she scanned the store. A man popped into the door and she nearly took his head off before he put his hands up and spoke. He looked completely unharmed or sick, which was relieving. Most of the people Blair came across these days were either the walking dead, or soon to be.

She put her gun away as a huge sigh of relief escaped her. She knelt down and picked up her pack, slinging it back over her shoulders as she walked towards the man. "Oh! Thank goodness," she said with her hand over her heart, "I thought you were a zombie. It's been a long time since I've run into a real person."

Blair was originally from Texas, one of the largest states in the United States of America. But America was were the infection began. Blair and the few surviors she had been with had heard of planes that were taking the uninfected overseas to England, and they quickly made their way to the closest airport. Unfortunately, they lost two of the team on the way, and the walking dead had beat them to the airport. Blair was sepparated from her bestfriend in the chaos, but managed to board a plane. It wasn't long after she reached England that word spread of the Americans bringing the infection with them and she was fighting for her life again.

As she walked towards the man, disregarding the sound she'd heard, assuming it had been him, a zombie rounded the corner of the isle behind her, blood dripping from his mouth, and smeared across his shirt, eyes dull and lifeless he reached for her.

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 AM

At the new sound followed by the groaning, Thane looked to the side where the girl was looking. He cursed under his breath, unsure of how he didn't sense the danger. He took out his gun and just like that, he fired three times. He sighed, his heart racing with pure fear. He never got over the feeling from whenever he came across a zombie. Fear mixed with adrenaline. He walked over to the zombie's body that laid across the floor, blood smeared everywhere. Just on time, he saw a rack of shovels just beside him as he grabbed one and took one hard swing and slammed the shovel's maid part against the zombie's head, spurting more blood and cracking the skull. "I can't remember what rule it was, but...always double tap," he said with a small chuckle as he walked back over to the girl, putting out a hand as he dropped the shovel. "I know the feeling. I too have been so neglected from the presence of another 'real person'. My name is Thane. Thane Wessex," he introduced himself as he waited for her to shake his extended hand.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-22-2011, 05:24 AM

Blair had been walking towards the man, unaware of the danger close behind her. When Thane drew his weapon and pointed it, seemingly at her, she ducked quickly, as he fired past her. Turning to see that he'd shot a zombie, Blair cursed herself for dropping her guard like that. Another reason why traveling in pairs or groups was a bad idea. You always ended up dropping your guard, and depending on someone else for one thing or another.

She watched as he made sure the thing was dead before approaching her with an extended hand. She looked down at it for a moment to check for blood before she shook his hand breifly. "I'm Blair D'Allen." She studied him for a moment. He appeared to be a police officer, as a badge was on his shirt and he had a CB radio atatched to his belt. She wondered if it worked, being that it could prove useful in their journey North. If of course he was headed that way too.

She stood there almost akwardly for a moment wondering what to do next. It had been a long time since she'd had any human companionship, and it might be a good idea for the two of them to stick together. Blair was more than helpful and useful, and Thane didn't seem like the kind to slow anyone down either. But how to bring it up was where Blair was stuck.

She reached up and scratched her head as she smiled up at him. "Thanks, by the way. So, where you headed? I heard there are areas up North that are like cities, but bigger, like small states even, free of infection. They say people are living close to normal lives, even thriving." She shrugged, "But I heard that a long time ago..."

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:24 PM

Thane put his hand to the back of his head and ruffled his hair slightly. He felt disgusting. He just want to relax and take a shower in peace. "Ah...yes. The tall-tell-tail. I've heard the same thing a long time ago. Hard to believe in anything nowadays. But that's actually where I'm heading. Won't know if it's not true until proven," he said with an awkward laugh. He really didn't know what else to say.

"This might sound pretty crazy but...did you want to group up and head North together? Bet it would be more safer that way," Thane then asked as he looked around. Suddenly remembering that he was hungry and thirsty, he walked towards the coolers without waiting for Blair's response. He checked every cooler and suddenly with no luck, he let out a frustrated sigh. "WOW this store has nothing." He then went down the mini isles, checking the exasperation dates. Without any luck, he let out an angered grunt. "And if you do want to, I'd kinda want to leave...like right now. I'm seriously craving some food and cold liquids," he then said with a laugh.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-23-2011, 03:16 PM

Blair watched as he walked away to search the store. She was relieved that he'd asked if she wanted to travel together and that they appeared to be on the same page and headed North. When he returned and mentioned leaving, Blair smiled up at him before reaching into her bag and pulling out a powerade and some beef jerky. With a cheery smile she replied, "I've got a few helpful things in my pack for that." She held them out to him, "You're right about leaving though, it's not safe to stay in one spot for so long," and she turned to walk out of the store.

Standing on the porch she sheilded her eyes from the sun as they adjusted to the sudden bright light. Pulling out her map she reviewed the path she had planned on taking. They had so much traveling to do it wasn't even funny. And with these conditions it would take them many weeks at best to get to their destination. She looked up to see a car sitting in front of the store. That hadn't been there before... The sky dimmed as a rain cloud covered the sun. Blair looked up at the sky as a gust of wind swept over her blowing her hair about her face and ruffling her small pink sweater tied around her waist. It smelled like rain.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 09-23-2011 at 03:21 PM..

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 PM

Thane took a moment for things to click in. A bottle of water and a can of baked beans sat in his two hands. Smiling with thankfulness, he took out his emergency super-sharp pocket knife and poke the lid of the can off as he downed what was inside of it. He wiped his mouth and took a few small swigs of the water bottle and headed back outside to find Blair on the porch, looking at everything around them. "A big storm's heading our way. So if you want to get going, we'd better hurry so we can find a place to settle for the night before we get caught and vulnerable in the storm," said Thane as he took out his keys and got in the driver's seat, waiting for Blair to get in.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-26-2011, 04:30 AM

When Thane got into the car Blair smiled. It had been a long time since she'd ridden in a vehicle. Most of the time the cars one would come across were totaled, lacking gas or full of death. She threw her pack into the back seat and hopped in next to Thane. "It's great you have a car!" she said, "Though I don't know if it will make it as far as we need to go."

She straightened out her map as she passed it to Thane. "This was my plan. It takes us through all of the cities that were said to be "Safe Cities", free of infection between here and our destination. We can at least see if the rumors are true, have a safe place to spend a night or two, eat well, stock up on supplies and then be on our way." She was watching him to see his reaction and if he would agree with her plan. "They may not all be safe still, but it's worth a shot."

The first rain drops began to fall on the windsheild. The next safe city was only about 40 miles up the highway, depending on what the highway held. The sun was already low in the sky, but Blair was always optimistic, hoping for the best and staying positive. She smiled at the site of the rain, how she 'd loved playing in it as a child. She closed her eyes as she yawned and leaned her head back onto the head rest. Before she could await Thane's answer her exhaustion took over and she fell into a deep sleep.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 09-26-2011 at 04:32 AM..

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 AM

"Yeah, definitely. I mean, no point in not trying," spoke Thane as he put the car in gear and punched the code in on his GPS for his car. He followed it and put it on silent when he sensed that Blair had fallen asleep. She looked horrible. Not in the physical way, but in the mentally way. She had dark bags under her eyes, which obviously showed she was lacking in the sleep her body was probably desperate for him.

Him on the other hand, found it hard to sleep period. The only time he'd sleep would be when he was desperate for it enough to lock himself in his car and sleep, a rifle curled up with him on the back bench. If a Zombie were there, he'd wake in the nick of time no matter what.

About an hour had passed as the car entered the new city. Cars were empty, sitting every which way in the middle of the city's street. It definitely wasn't safe...but there weren't many dead bodies. He tapped Blair's shoulder. "Blair, we're in the city. Want to find a store and raid it or sleep first?" asked Thane.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-30-2011, 03:56 PM

Blair heard someone talking, she shot up in her seat, hand on her guns. For a moment she had no idea where she was, who she was with or what the hell was going on. She glanced to Thane, oh yeah. She stretched a little, "Sorry I fell asleep on you. It's not often I get the chance to sleep..." she was looking around the new city. The rain had stopped and the clouds were clearing, but the sun would be going down soon. If they were going to do any raiding they needed to do it in the day light.

She pushed her short brown hair back from her face and adjusted the holster straps around her shoulders. "I think we should find some supplies now, and be in a place where we can rest by the time the sun goes down," she said. The street looked awful. There were cars and debris littered and abandoned everywhere. This was a much larger city than she was used to traveling through. She frowned, they didn't tell you that on the damn map. This was highly unsafe, but they didn't have a choice now, they were already here. "Thane, I don't think your car will make it through this city," she said worried. They would surely need it on the other side of the city to travel. Then again, she traveled by foot, it was doable. Maybe they would be able to find another vehicle on the other side of the city.

Blair looked at Thane waiting to see what he would say about leaving his poor car.