The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 06-09-2010, 06:41 AM

Often I find myself feeling a bit vampiric, and I express this in roleplay.

About Me:
My character is relatively 'young' in the world of vampires, under 100 years old, yet as he was bullied yet he was a prodigy while in school manipulation is his forte.

My inspiration comes from a variety of sources, not limited to Bram Stoker's Dracula, Kindred: the Embraced, Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles (Interview, Lestat, and Queen), Caleb Morley from Port Charles, Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D (both movies), Blood: the last vampire, the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series (up to Obsidian Butterfly), and last but not least, as this is the terminology I use: Vampire: the Masquerade.

My RolePlay is PG-13. Violent, shaking, and heart-pounding, but no cybering.

About You:
- I expect literacy; a good handle on English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- I expect you to understand the fundamentals of roleplay, such as never AUTOing or "driving another charcter" as this limits their creative choices.
- I am mainly looking for the character of my partner to be a victim archetype, or someone of similiar stature/powers where power exchange issues can be highlighted.
- Please be creative. Your creativity will have a direct effect on the duration of our time playing together.

Where to RP?
I have:
Yahoo Messenger
AIM
MSN Messenger
and last but not least, I am available here on Menewsha.

Possible settings:
- A Graveyard
- A Forest
- An abandoned mansion, mental hospital, church, etc
- A tavern or club
- ... you tell me?

About the Status at the End of the Title:
- Asleep in Topor means that I'm not actively searching for RolePlay at the moment.
- Hunting/Stalking Victims means that I am looking for partners.
- Feasting on Vitae means that I am currently playing with somebody else.

Questions? Applications? Simply reply to this thread.

Last edited by The_Crow; 12-20-2010 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: Statuses Added

Maka-chan
Pm Me To Role-play With Me
Send a message via AIM to Maka-chan Send a message via MSN to Maka-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Maka-chan

Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 AM

i would like to roleplay with you :heart: im very into vampire roleplays and into anything new.But for a group one i tend to get behind.If i get too behind i might have to ask whats going on so i can get caught up :sweat: hopefully i wont get behind on this one

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 AM

Greetings. This is a request for a 1x1 RolePlay, so it will go at your speed. You are not behind, therefore there is no need to catch up. I need to find out about your character, and where we will meet/how we will start. Do any of the above settings appeal to you, or do you have a suggestion of your own?

Also, I attempted to send a friend request to you on Yahoo! messenger.

Maka-chan
Send a message via AIM to Maka-chan Send a message via MSN to Maka-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Maka-chan

Old 06-09-2010, 09:58 PM

my characters are usually complicated but i have 2 vampires shall i show you their profiles in here or in a pm?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Yes, I would like to see their profiles. As for where you post them, whichever you feel more comfortable. Right now things are working out pristinely by discussing this in the thread as I'm not dealing with multiple requests/partners at the moment.

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-09-2010, 10:14 PM

I have one vampire I haven't got much use out of yet. And there is another I'm in the process of creating. I can tell I haven't had much experience in roleplaying compared to you, but I can keep a story rolling. :D

Maka-chan

Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 PM

okay i'll post them here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka-Chan
Name:Maria Saphire Raven
Appearance:
Maria's parents had died when she was only 3.since then she has been an orphan all her life,she went to a private school when she had saved up enough money too.She was in an accident when she was walking home back to the orphange.As she was walking home a car had hit her as she had died though i vampire and full blooded demon saved her life and so she lives on.
Personality:she is usually happy though she can get herself into the worse imagined situations though its only because of her split personality gets her into those situations
Race:full blooded vampire
Dislikes,Likes,crushes:she dislikes anything to do with cruelty and abuse especially if its about a women in the abuse.she loves to wear dresses and likes to meet people,she has no crushes so far
Illness/weakness:she sometimes gets very weak if she stays outside in the daylight too long she can be under the sun though only for a couple of hours
Weapons:metal bat,machete,needles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka-Chan

Name:Shinku
Race:Vampire/witch/shapeshifter
appearance:
Bio:Shinku at the age of 6 died in an accident,the accident was unknown there was no possible survivors.when the doctors came to get there bodies one doctor had been a vampire and bit her in order so she would live because she was too young to die and saved her life.she can spot people's weaknesses very easily she doesn't know any of her family or past all she knows is that after the accident,she was turned into a vampire and she lived at an orphanage until the age she is now.Most people want Shinku either dead or to torture her in the most unimaginable disgusting ways the reason for that is probably because she is a tough woman and because she is a vampire.Shinku had a boyfriend when she was 11 and thought and knew he was her true love.He was a werewolf but he died when she was 16.Though she was unaware an angel savedhis life.Shinku now has a new boyfriend who is abusive to her and is a vampire.He constantly rapes her making her go to the hospital to check if she id pregnant whenever he leaves the house for work.
Personality:Shinku us stubborn and rude at times and will pick a fight if anyone did so to her or tried to hit on her.
Dislikes,Likes,crushes:she dislikes rude people who think they are all that she likes the violin and plays it very well.she loves drinking blood of course and loves to make people wonder what she really is thinking
Illness/weakness:if she uses to much of her power she has to stay in bed for nearly a week or more
Weapons:fans,guns,needles she can cast spells and have fire and electricity appear from her hands

Sensible Cricket
Proud RolePlay Addict

Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 PM

Crowybow! :heart: I didn't realise you were a roleplayer as well. I'm slowing down a bit with my posting, but I'm still looking for new people always. I have a vampire-themed character, though she herself is human. She takes her influence more from Anne Rice than anything else, but I'm certainly familiar with the World of Darkness world and its expansions. Let me know if you're interested in my elaborating further. :heart:

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 06-10-2010, 01:02 AM

Something I may not have made clear in the first post: I am mainly looking for my partner to be a victim archetype, or someone of similiar stature/powers where power exchange issues can be highlighted.

Louis, You are welcome to try to flesh out your existing character with me, or perhaps work on creating your new one. Then again, humans are always welcome too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis duLac View Post
I have one vampire I haven't got much use out of yet. And there is another I'm in the process of creating. I can tell I haven't had much experience in roleplaying compared to you, but I can keep a story rolling. :D

Maka-chan, I have to say that I like your second character much better than the first. There seems to be much more room for creative possibility and inspiration on my side. However, she does seem a bit overpowered for what I have in mind. (Specificially, the fire and electricity bit... those usually don't mesh with vampires).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka-chan View Post
okay i'll post them here.
Sensible, I have roleplayed for more years than I care to remember. A human in a vampire themed situation is excellent indeed. Perhaps your character will have to decide which is worse, the devil they know, or the devil they are about to know... I am very, very, intersted in hearing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible Cricket View Post
Crowybow! :heart: I didn't realise you were a roleplayer as well. I'm slowing down a bit with my posting, but I'm still looking for new people always. I have a vampire-themed character, though she herself is human. She takes her influence more from Anne Rice than anything else, but I'm certainly familiar with the World of Darkness world and its expansions. Let me know if you're interested in my elaborating further. :heart:

Sensible Cricket
Proud RolePlay Addict

Old 06-10-2010, 01:31 AM

Well, my character is named Catherine. She's a young woman from a vampire hunter family, but she thought the family stories of vampires were merely superstition. She went to the big city to go to university, and promptly found herself kidnapped by a vampire guild that considered her the 'crowning jewel' of their collection of things they'd stolen from hunters out of spite. There, they kept her alive and didn't really hurt her. In fact, aside from stipulating that she couldn't leave or contact her family, they treated her quite decently. It didn't take long for Stockholm syndrome to take root.

Meanwhile her family was of course looking for her, and finally they managed to track down the guild that had kidnapped her and launch an attack to try and free her. Catherine fought alongside the vampires, merely refusing to outright -kill- her family members. She did defend her cousin from being outright killed, and though the hunters were repelled, it was finally raised that having her in the guild was probably a bad idea in that even if she'd sided with them -this- time, it was only a matter of time before Catherine turned on them.

She was expelled from the guild, but by that point she was far too in love with being there and living in the world of silk and mystery that being a part of the guild had come to mean. Rather than sink into depression, though, she started working out and training herself the way her family had tried to teach her when she was younger. However, rather than become a hunter, she turned the natural order on its ear and began hunting the hunters, killing off all those that threatened the vampires (sparing only her blood family members), in the hopes that she would prove herself to the guild and be taken back.

Maka-chan

Old 06-10-2010, 01:56 AM

The_Crow
thanks yea most people like shinku better than maria most of the time.I haven't worked with Maria that much.We can cut that part out thats absolutely fine with me :)

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 06-10-2010, 02:00 AM

This is my only vampire so far. I do have lots of human characters too, so if you're interested more in that you can check out the link in my signature.

Quote:
Name: Andris Balan
Race: Newborn Vampire
Bio: Andris was just an ordinary young man living 20th century America. He lost all his money in a bet with a stranger and never returned home for fear of what his father might do when he found out. Andris didn't do well though in surviving the streets on his own and not even two weeks had gone by when he found himself weak and starving in an alley. An older vampire, Claudio, found him and offered him new life. Andris accepted without hesitation. After that first night he found himself in an entirely new world. He wondered in awe at every new sight and sound and smell, and he busies himself exploring every nook and cranny of the city.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 10-07-2010, 12:33 PM

I plan on seeking roleplay again shortly. However at this exact moment I am still in Topor ;) I will most likely start by PMing people who have expressed interest and seemed compatible.

If being the victim of a Master of the Night sounds fun to you, feel free to let me know.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 10-07-2010, 05:26 PM

i will roleplay with you.i can be the victim.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 AM

I'm finding myself overcome with a case of bloodlust. My roleplay request thread is yet again open.

----------

Maka-chan: I will be willing to roleplay with your second character if she loses the bits I consider overpowered, in other words the fire and electricity.

Sensible Cricket: I would love to role play with the character you posted.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 12-06-2010, 11:21 AM

I am still on an ever-vigilant lookout for new victims.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-13-2010, 04:51 PM

Hi. I would be interested in rping with you.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 12-13-2010, 10:57 PM

Neko Ninja: Would you mind telling me a little more about your character? I need to know who I am going to be with In Character before we come up with a basic scenario.

Ruddy OWLS
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-14-2010, 05:16 AM

Hey, so I know I look like I have a really bad case of n00b (I do, at least Menewsha n00b...it's not contagious, I swear), and I admit I'm bumbling around trying to figure out this particular site. Menewsha is confusing the bejeebers out of me. However, I have plenty of roleplay experience - though it sounds to me like you have way more experience than I do, by far. I decided to come exploring after I got on a kind of a vampire kick and couldn't find anything on Gaia, and lo and behold...I spotted your thread in here after joining Menewsha.

I have a human character I'm trying to develop specifically for the vampire genre (I guess she would go under the 'victim' label), and I can post a profile if you'd like, but I do have a question: do you generally prefer medieval settings, or modern settings? Or does either one float your boat?

Last edited by Ruddy OWLS; 12-14-2010 at 05:20 AM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 12-14-2010, 06:46 AM

Ruddy OWLS: A pleasure to make your aquaintance, my dear. You do sound like someone that already has a good sense for roleplay. I must confess that I stick to modern settings, as most of my vampires are not that old (100 at most), as I have a personal idiosyncricy about not playing characters that are 'godlike'.

I'm sure I could make due with playing in a medieval setting. For any of my vampires you would meet they would be rather anachronistic if placed back then.

As far as your being new on Menewsha, did you know that I happen to run a charity that offers help? You have to be under a week old and have less than 500g and be looking for clothes. If you converse with myself and a few others for a mere 5 posts then fill out the form you will get a starter garment and a bonus gift as well. There is a link in my signature: it is called "The New User's First Stop".

By all means, go ahead and post the profile for your character. It has been so long since I have tasted of another... and thank you for your interest.

Ruddy OWLS
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Modern is fine with me. In fact, it's preferable, since the character I'm developing is more of a modern-era type than a medieval type.

A charity? Really? I never did go to any of those when I was new on Gaia....because there were too many people running around them begging for gold and I didn't want to get lumped in with the masses. But thanks, I'll check it out. I only have 160-ish gold and my avatar is very naked so I guess I would qualify.

Quote:
[imgleft]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/firefly95/Anime%20People/d9aceb54b4c76df84fd124cf1c369680bc1c93f3-1.jpg[/imgleft]{ My name is... } Lyra Landry

{ I am a... } Female

{ My age... } 19

{ This, my life... }

Lyra attends North Shore University, majoring in photography and minoring in journalism. As a way of jump-starting the career she hopes to have someday, she has taken an internship at The Metropolitan, a local news outlet that she...doesn't actually follow, but hey, it's an internship. Being that she enjoys chasing down facts, loves photography, and has the tenacity to wait patiently, sometimes for long periods of time, to take the perfect shot, it would seem only natural that she would choose such a career - but there's more to the story.

She has almost an unhealthy obsession with murder mysteries. As a child, she was an avid reader of mystery novels because of it, and as an adult she seeks a career in photographic journalism in order to combine her talents with her obsession. The grim drama of a murder, the rippling effects of a death, the secrets of the life of a person long gone and what they would say if they could come to life and accuse their killer - all of these fascinate her. Lyra wants to be the one to make a name for herself by uncovering hidden crimes for the world to see.

So, armed with her camera, her ambitions, and a stunted sense of self-preservation, she is out to catch a murderer - on film.

Last edited by Ruddy OWLS; 12-14-2010 at 03:51 PM..

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-20-2010, 04:13 PM

I'm not exactly sure how to describe my character. Though she isn't exactly like other people.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 12-20-2010, 09:37 PM

Ruddy OWLS: I'm afraid I am about to leave the country for the holiday. I will not return untul the 31st, but we can talk about perhaps a scenario and where (forums, messneger clients?) you would like to play.

Neko Ninja: Though I appreciate your interest, if you cannot type more than a one liner OOCly, I am doubtful of your ability to do full paragraph prose roleplay. Feel free to show me a sample if you feel I am wrong.

Ruddy OWLS
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-21-2010, 11:58 PM

Out of country holiday sounds exciting. Me, on the other hand, I am spending Christmas at home for the first time in...hmmm. I don't remember the last time I spent Christmas at home. Have fun on your trip!

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of messengers - I tried a messenger RP once and it just didn't work. So probably forums.

Neko Ninja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 12-22-2010, 04:12 PM

Does it matter what the sample is from?