life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to life in red and black Send a message via Yahoo to life in red and black

Old 10-18-2007, 04:05 AM

I've never heard of a drabble before! But after reading through a couple (well, more than a couple) from my fellow Menewshans and looking through the rules, I found myself intrigued!

So, let me try my best at my first attempt and if I'm doing anything wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me! If one is to succeed and do it right, one needs to have their mistakes pointed out to them.

I'm going to take the 100 themes from to_be_inspired: http://community.livejournal.com/to_...pired/332.html
and edit a couple that I found I'd like to change.

life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to life in red and black Send a message via Yahoo to life in red and black

Old 10-18-2007, 04:08 AM

100 Themes from http://community.livejournal.com/to_...pired/332.html
1. Bite
2. Green Pen
3. First Flower
4. A Beautiful Day
5. Water
6. Jars
7. Buttons
8. Silence
9. Trash
10. Chain
11. blossoms
12. Chapstick/lip balm
13. Cards
14. Quiz
15. Fans
16. Fish
17. Smile
18. Chocolate
19. Scissors
20. Pillows
21. Jacket/Blanket
22. Glare
23. Jealousy
24. Misunderstood
25. Holiday
26. Bell
27. Dog
28. Bridge
29. Minute
30. Flying
31. Bird
32. Cloud
33. Umbrella
34. Snow
35. Singing
36. Square
37. Curtain
38. Popular
39. Rubbish
40. Jellyfish
41. Circle
42. Matches
43. Deception
44. Paper
45. Heart
46. Color
47. Moonlight
48. Death
49. Candle
50. 50%
51. Obsessive Compulsive
52. Technology Challenged
53. Lurk
54. Stalk
55. Doom
56. Butterfly
57. Check
58. Make up
59. I feel pretty
60. Clock
61. Midnight
62. Cocoa
63. Tinsel
64. Spiffy
65. Spilled Ink
66. Paw prints
67. Cute
68. Mess
69. I’m coming
70. Late
71. Missed
72. Spellcheck
73. Mail
74. Tied up
75. Nails
76. Small terror
77. Spider
78. Wine/champagne
79. Cross-dressing
80. Instruction Manual
81. Confetti
82. Glitter
83. Shiny objects
84. Rebirth
85. Marbles
86. Lamp post
87. Charcoal
88. Markers
89. Scribbling
90. Board games
91. Love
92. Sibling
93. Coffee
94. Sticky
95. Sweet
96. Sour
97. Hyper
98. Apathy & Empathy
99. Lost cell phone
100. Happily Ever After

life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-18-2007, 04:16 AM

The characters I'll be using for this drabble:

Format:
Name:
Sex:
Short Bio:

Name: Arvel
Sex: boy
Appearance: A dog, Husky, mainly black, small.
Short Bio: His owner, a young girl, allows him to roam the town by himself as long as he remembers to come back home in time for dinner so she doesn't get in trouble.

Name: Winter
Sex: girl
Appearance: A small shy girl. Has long dark hair which contrasts with her pale face. Her gaze is usually cast downward. Her voice is soft.
Short Bio: Winter is like a ghost. She's rarely noticed around school. Winter has a habit of stuttering around guys. She has good friends who try to help her our of her shell. Winter believes she may be moving soon and wants to hang out with her friends as much as she can.

Name: May
Sex: Female
Appearance: Short cropped raven black hair with red highlights through it. Medium height with slender but strong build. Stylish glasses with thin black rim. Distressed clothing. Accessories of silver bracelets and necklaces. No makeup except for heavy black mascara. Worn dark blue messenger bag. Ballet flats.
Short Bio: May is an artist but her mediums are more than pencil and paper. She's rebellious but is very loyal. She's doesn't need to talk much to convey what she wants to get across. Even though May definitely sticks out in a crowd, she has learned to ignore others and hold her head up high and do what she feels is right. Her single parent mother is often away from home for volunteer jobs, so she has a lot of freedom.

Name:
Sex:
Short Bio:

life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-18-2007, 04:36 AM

1. Bite
His internal clock told him that it was time for dinner, but Arvel was many blocks from his food. Remembering a shortcut, Arvel turned into an alley, jumped up a dumpster, over a fence, off a trashcan, and pounded his paws against the dirty concrete, going as fast as he could.
He didn't want to get her in trouble again because of him. No matter what, he needed to get home on time. Up ahead was the chain link fence; his last obstacle between him and his food. Arvel located a hole in the fence and tried to squeeze through. The fence's sharp ends bit into him and he winced, but continued trying to get the rest of his small body through the hole.
Once through the fence that connected with his backyard, Arvel could smell the aroma of dinner for his owner. He went into the house through the flap door and tried to stealthily get to his dinner bowl.
"Arvel... what a mess you are!" A young girl ran over to Arvel and began picking leaves and dirt from his coat. "Now I have to give you a bath." The girl said, annoyed. "This bites. I was going to go over to Stacy's house to play with her new doll..." But then the young girl smiled kindly at her dog. "I guess I bit off more than I could chew when I decided to keep a dog... but I wouldn't trade you for the world, Arvel." The young girl hugged him despite all the debris covering him.

life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-30-2007, 11:09 PM

3. First Flower

Over the P.A. this morning, our principal announced the upcoming Spring Dance. While all my friends were excited and hyped up, I couldn't help but grimace.

Every March, our school holds the Spring Dance. Outside dates are allowed, but even so, I have never found someone. With my small voice, and tendency to be overlooked, I never caught the boys' eyes.

Our school's tradition is this: The student council sells roses for a quarter each. Either the buyer or the student council will deliver the fresh cut flower and a card asking the other to the Spring Dance.

Some girls get a lot in one period, and they are the envy of the class. Some really popular guys get a whole bunch because they have many girl admirers.

I, on the other hand, never received one. I thought I would never get one in high school. At least, until I finally received my first flower.

life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-29-2007, 01:58 AM

5. Water

May took off a layer of her black clothing, a black hoodie, to reveal a tight red tank underneath. The day was too hot for the professor to mind that she was breaking dress code. She knows the guys behind her are all looking at her bare shoulders. They glistened a little with sweat. Everyone in the room was drenched in perspiration.

Unable to take it anymore, a blond guy in the front of the room asked for the pass to get some water down by the water fountain. A shower of hands were raised a second later, asking the boy to fill their empty bottles with the fountain's ice cold water. There were too many bottles for him to carry back. The professor offhandedly picks May to help him.

Walking over to where the boy spilled a couple of empty bottles, May picked them up and held them in her own arms.

"That's okay, I've got it. May, you can just get the door for me." The blond boy was about to drop another bottle.

May smiled and grabbed the bottle before it hit the floor.
"Right." She took another bottle from the load in the boy's arms and went to open the door for the both of them. She handled walking across the classroom and opening the door easily, and she had more bottles in her armful than he did.