Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2019, 10:17 PM

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 01-03-2020 at 04:00 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2019, 10:18 PM

Welcome to Memories of FOWN Past: A Retrospective! Around this time of year, all the differnet sights, smells and other sensations bring back to me a rush of Christmas Time Memories! When that happens, I take a moment in the privacy of my mind to relish the memory. Sometimes it's about a cookie I baked. Perhaps the late night I stayed up to suprise someone with a particulaly special surprise! Or maybe it's a time I spent with all my friends talking and making trouble! Or playing video games and building castles with cubes of dirt and rock! These are some of my memories that come back to me.

But even more so when I'm here chatting with all of my friends and assorted fellow menewshan's, I remember so many times I spent with all of you! Hanging out in Event Threads. Getting up to all kinds of shenanigans and having to be chased off by Channah. Epic rounds of Battleship and other games! RAPIDFIRE POSTS IN RAKMAS COUNTEM! I have so many! And I'd love to share them with you all!

But I hope too that you have some exciting memories as well! Because that's what this thread is all about! Sharing past experiences of your favorite FOWNs! Bringing back happy memories that fill you with joy! Whether it's as simple as a gift of an item that you really wanted to being in the middle of a huge event with all your favorite peeps! Whatever it is, we'd love to hear it! Please head further down the page and check out how you can get in on this gift of sharing memories.

FAQ & Rules
  • Follow Mene's Site Rules.
  • Follow the guidelines for submitting your Memories. You can submit more than one but please make sure to read the "How To Participate" section!
  • Be respectful of other people's memories! No making fun or otherwise disrespecting anyones posts or I will call Channah faster than you can say Purse Full of Bricks.
  • Please use the prescribed text size and format in the entry form. If any of you are like me and write brick walls, we don't want to clutter the page with giant Font Size!
  • We reserve the right to edit post formatting if the aforementioned rule is not followed.
  • I reserve the right to change or add to the rules as needed.
  • Have Fun!

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-24-2019 at 07:47 PM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

I bet you are just itching to tell people about that time that Linnea fell in the punch bowl or maybe when Alaunt called me an grumpy old man! Well... we're getting there! Let me explain briefly how this is going to go down.

Each day I will post a prompt for you about a specific setting. Some kind of person, place, or thing. It will then be your job to use the provided form below to post your favorite memory that comes to mind when reading the prompt!

From there, I will collect all your memories and put them in the Festival Pensive. There will be a hidden category there for each days' prompt where I will place all your memories!

There is also the option, if the prompt doesn't help you or you have something extra you'd like to share, to submit a Misc. Memory using the provided form below! Those collected memories will be placed along with the others in a Misc. category!

There will be 7 Total prompts as I will be extending the prompts from the day before Christmas and New Years though the holiday. The last Prompt will remain until the Event shuts off.

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-24-2019 at 08:02 PM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Day 1:

DAY 1X

We all have that "one friend" who usually causes trouble or other such ruckuses when they bandy about. Tell us your favorite story of when your bestie or other friend came into a thread and caused a good ol' fashioned fuss that resulted in some hilarity or another!
HTML Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Username:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Name Here)
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Approx. Memory Date:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Date Here)
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Remember that time my bestie friend caused a ruckus in that one thread?:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Memory Here)
Have another memory to share that's not exactly on the prompt? Use this Forum instead!
HTML Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Approx. Memory Date:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Date Here)
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]I just wanted to share with you that time that...:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Memory Here)

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-27-2019 at 08:41 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2019, 10:30 PM

Day 2:

Day2X

Do you ever have that moment when you're sitting at your kitchen table munching on a cookie or by the fire in your living room with your laptop in your lap or maybe sitting up in bed with your covers pulled up to your waist, where this moment strikes you! And you go OH!! This reminds me exactly of the that one time on Menewsha!

This is more of an ambiguos prompt but there are so many times when I sit and jump online and am suddently struck with the de'ja vue of a moment. it brings back a flood of sensaion and sight and sound. Perhaps you have moments like this too...?

HTML Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]I just took a sip of hot cocoa and this memory cam rushing back to me!:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Memory Here)
Have another memory to share that's not exactly on the prompt? Use this Forum instead!
HTML Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]I just wanted to share with you that time that...:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Memory Here)

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-28-2019 at 08:34 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2019, 11:11 PM

Day 3:

Day 3X

Event times are some of the best times on Menewsha! That's when eveyrone from all corners returns to Mene to see what's up with everyone they haven't talked to in a while! Relive some of your favorite Event moments from years past.
HTML Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Was it not the best when...:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Memory Here)
HTML Code:

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-29-2019 at 08:30 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Day 4:

Day 4X

As with any family... Feuds are bound to develop eventually! Share with use your favorite Menewsha Feud! Please make sure this is just a fond memory and not a flame or something of the like.
HTML Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]That time Soandso and What'stheirface went at it was something else!:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Memory Here)
HTML Code:

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-30-2019 at 09:25 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Day 5:

Do you ever have those moments when you are suddenly struck by this memory of years past when FOWN was going and you just happened to be playing this one game or baking this particular recipe or maybe just talking to your bestie in front of the fire. Sometimes these memories don't link to something specific indise Menewsa but even still...

Those can be the best memories! Like the one I have of playing that old flash game Ice Breaker back in 2010 while siting for X-mas with the rest of the family. I got a Jabra Handsfree car speaker phone from my bestie that year XD. My own memories aside, perhaps there's somethign that tickles a similar spot in your mind?

HTML Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Thinking about FOWN really makes me remember that one time that...:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Memory Here)
HTML Code:

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-30-2019 at 09:25 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Day 6:

You know... This time of year can be quite romantic with all those fires burning and bubbly flowing... Maybe you had a particularly romantic encouter one night that you remember vividly! Tell us all the details! As long as they are PG-13
HTML Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]So here we are tonight, you and me together... With the snow outside, and the fire's bright...:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Memory Here)
HTML Code:

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 01-03-2020 at 03:56 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Day 7:

Mene NPCs are a truely unique experience on this site! We have so many beloved residents of Menewsha that love and care for you all, name a particularly wonderful time you spent talking with a Mene NPC!
HTML Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Remember that time Channa got her purse and...?:[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Red][/COLOR] (Memory Here)
HTML Code:

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 01-03-2020 at 03:59 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2019, 11:13 PM

Prizes & Other Fun Stuff!

Prizes!! Stay tuned to hear about some fun prizes that will be popping up!

If you complete at least one memory challenge per day, then you will automatically receive a participation Prize! TBA! I'll be honest, I have not had time to set up prizes yet as Xmas is so crazy :O Be patient with me please :)

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-25-2019 at 02:36 AM..

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-15-2019, 11:14 PM

Memory Pensive

As Memories are posted, they will be collected here in this Pensive! There will be a Spoiler Bar for each days prompt and one for Misc. Memories :)

Other MemoriesX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namune View Post
I've got a story that's certainly going to be a memory in our family.

Username:Namune
Approx. Memory Date: 24.12.2019
I just wanted to share with you that time that...: My family was at the table playing cards, all the younger kids were screaming as they ran around the house, and one in particular came to us at the table and said loudly "Grandma, -sibling- won't stop screaming!" to which she replied, "are you screaming, too?" He went quiet and thought for a moment before saying "no." and seemed confused when we all started laughing, before he took off to keep screaming and playing with everyone else. Sometimes a child's lack of self-awareness is a gift.

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-27-2019 at 08:55 AM..

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-25-2019, 03:41 AM

Hiya carn my long lost friend!!

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 12-25-2019, 03:44 AM

I don't have any memories of past FOWNs. :( (I'm unsure if I just wasn't around for them or if my horrible memory is to blame).
But I look forward to reading others' stories! :D

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-25-2019, 03:44 AM

MY FIRST VICTIM!!! ... I mean... Hey Angie!! long time no see :P

---------- Post added 12-24-2019 at 07:45 PM ----------

No worries Cinderella! We'll take any and all Mene related memories in here :P

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 12-25-2019, 03:49 AM

Now that I can (maybe) do, haha. Again, horrible memory, and I admittedly did not spend as much time here as I did other sites, but I'll do my best.

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-25-2019, 03:50 AM

I remember that time I killed carn and shoved his body in a freezer lol

---------- Post added 12-24-2019 at 09:51 PM ----------

It has been forever carn good to see you

Last edited by Car'a'Carn; 12-25-2019 at 09:23 AM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 12-25-2019, 05:01 AM

Oh dear, remembering the dates? I got double tapped by jelly and channah's purses once my memory aint gonna be that good anymore.

So many memories on this site over the.... 12? years I've been a user o.o

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-25-2019, 05:51 AM

I miss the moving castle and calcifer

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-25-2019, 09:19 AM

AHH!!! Oh my god me too! I need to go see if Cal is still burning...

---------- Post added 12-25-2019 at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Oh dear, remembering the dates? I got double tapped by jelly and channah's purses once my memory aint gonna be that good anymore.

So many memories on this site over the.... 12? years I've been a user o.o
HAHAHA! Lolol well... That's ok Poet XD You can just guestemate! Wow 12 years?? Dang! I'm only working on 9. I actually joined when I started dating Estrella but she didn't really foster my n00bdom and so I fell away for another year until I came back.

---------- Post added 12-25-2019 at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Now that I can (maybe) do, haha. Again, horrible memory, and I admittedly did not spend as much time here as I did other sites, but I'll do my best.
Hey that sounds pretty darn good! We'd love anything ya got :P

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-25-2019, 09:24 AM

Calcifer is the best!!

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-25-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoAngiexoxo View Post
I remember that time I killed carn and shoved his body in a freezer lol

---------- Post added 12-24-2019 at 09:51 PM ----------

It has been forever carn good to see you
Ahh... And there it is... lol XD Dang! You were more persuasive than I! You were the bad 'un weren't ya? XD

Also... Sorry... I pressed edit instead of Quote and accidentally edited your post :O I am gonna go to bed now before I mess something else up >.< I fixed it back to the way it was!

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-25-2019, 09:28 AM

Lmao you edited me how dare you!

---------- Post added 12-25-2019 at 03:28 AM ----------

Yes get some sleep stop editing people

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-25-2019, 04:51 PM

So many memories here on Mene. I've been here since '09 and I definitely miss how active this place used to be. But I'm glad to still see some old faces around!

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-25-2019, 08:19 PM

I've got a story that's certainly going to be a memory in our family.

Username:Namune
Approx. Memory Date: 24.12.2019
I just wanted to share with you that time that...: My family was at the table playing cards, all the younger kids were screaming as they ran around the house, and one in particular came to us at the table and said loudly "Grandma, -sibling- won't stop screaming!" to which she replied, "are you screaming, too?" He went quiet and thought for a moment before saying "no." and seemed confused when we all started laughing, before he took off to keep screaming and playing with everyone else. Sometimes a child's lack of self-awareness is a gift.