Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-09-2010, 01:15 AM

Please keep it secret… this is a personal matter that is irrelevant to all the other vampires here and I would prefer not to give them a weapon against me to make me leave this school…” She said quietly, only trusting this because he never seemed to talk to anyone but her… he was almost as standoffish as her…Finally she slowly lifted the body with shadows, glancing to the west. It floated there as she debated what to do with the body….

Last edited by Staria; 06-09-2010 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: Just realized I was using purple for mizuki T.T Youko is purple

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 06-09-2010, 01:26 AM

Another shrug, "Alright." He watched silently as she lifted the body and then tilted his head again, this was completely going against his ethics, but since he was in so deep anyway...didn't hurt to dig in deeper neh? "Need help getting rid of that?" He jerked his head at the floating mass that had begun to move.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-09-2010, 01:31 AM

It would be.. Preferable to have help yes. Otherwise I’d be running all night to dispose of it….” She admitted quietly, watching him a moment. He was going to help her? As one who had held everything on her shoulders for so long… done everything alone for so long she couldn’t help but be a little suspicious. She knew that he meant her no harm, but at the same time she couldn’t help but wonder why help her? Why help the one who had told him nothing but get away and threatened his life?

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-09-2010, 01:47 AM

Cross nodded and ran a hand through his hair before turning for his hidden clearing, "This way." he murmured yet again. It was a wonder regular humans ever heard him speak. He always seemed to speak in that quiet murmur, never raising his voice. He stepped quickly, but quietly, his steps now muffled, rather than the loud clicking his shoes normally produced. He walked into the thicket of trees, stopping after clearing the first layer to look back and see if she was following him.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-09-2010, 01:50 AM

She would continue her soft steps behind him, graceful and silent. She would continue to support the body, walking behind Cross in silence. She was uncertain if she should trust him…. As so far she had never found any other vampire she could trust but she would try. He would find when he looked back that she was mere steps behind him, her head bent down slightly as she let her mind stretch to her barrier and check to see if any others were trying to enter or had entered since this one. She found none… all she had to worry about was those here…

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-09-2010, 03:16 AM

He made no comment before continuing on, pausing every now and again to check behind him. It was a bad habit of his, he never really did like people walking behind him, it made him nervous for some reason. After walking through a few more layers of trees he finally emerged into the same clearing he stargazed in. Instead of lying down though this time he crouched down at the edge of the glade and searched for something among the roots of the scarred tree. A moment later he found what he had been looking for. A small seal carved into the very base of the tree. He traced half the seal, watching blankly as a small spark followed his finger. When he broke the connection with the tree the spark jumped out as well, sinking into the ground. After yet another pause Cross stood back up and moved towards the hole that had appeared in the ground. He started to climb down the stairs, somehow managing to refrain from turning to check on Mizuki...again.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-09-2010, 03:20 AM

For a moment she was surprised but ultimately Mizuki simply followed. Once she entered for a moment the shadows faltered and she paused. She put her hand against the wall a moment and took in deep breaths, pushing down the claustrophobia threatening to overwhelm her. She shivered from head to toe a moment but quickly forced her shadows to become strong again and continued to walk. Outside she looked like she had no expression once again though inwardly she was shaking. Small spaces.. Brought up … bad memories.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-09-2010, 03:24 AM

Cross pretended not to notice Mizuki's shudder as he continued on, she would most likely deny it even if he had brought it up. As he set foot on the flat surface of the ground level, flames sprung to life along the walls, lighting the torches there. His eyes saddened as he continued on, he didn't like coming down here often since it was his...dump site. There was only one door on the adjacent wall and he held it open for the shorter girl. "Just put it in there." He tried to not think about what she would think of him when she saw the piles of dust that filled the room in all the corners, cases, boxes, anything that was in the room. The only remainders of all the nobles he had once known. And the only reminders of the times when he couldn't control himself.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 AM

Mizuki said nothing as she tossed the body in, barely even noticing the dust. All she wanted was to get out of here… get away. She could smell death here but she didn’t care, she simply stepped back and crossed her hands before her waist. She would watch to make sure the body was fully destroyed, however, not daring to just trust it would be. Even though for once this took all of her will to stay behind this… she just focused on her sister.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-09-2010, 03:37 AM

"Will you be...watching...?" Cross asked slowly, stepping into the room after she had tossed the body in. He kneeled by where the head was supposed to be and heaved the body up onto a side table, leaning over it and attempting to identify who it was that had so foolishly intruded in on the school's property.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-09-2010, 03:42 AM

I have to make sure… that most of it is destroyed…” She said simply, her fingers tightening as she clutched one hand with the other. She kept her eyes on the body, watching him closely. He was not going to make this easy… why did he have to look at it so closely? “I doubt it’s a friend of yours….. So can we get on with this?” She asked quietly, her voice showing a little aggravation due to her discomfort here.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM

Cross looked over at her slowly, "Of course..." Friend? Who was she trying to kid. Of course it wasn't his friend. He turned back to the body and grimaced slightly before picking up an arm and burying his teeth into it. It was the most effective way to get rid of the body. Once drained it would turn into dust. A minute or two later Cross pulled away, placing the back of one hand against his mouth as the body turned into dust before his eyes.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-09-2010, 07:47 PM

She would wait in absolute stillness until even the detached head was dust, her gaze emotionless despite her white knuckle grip on her own hand. “Thank you” She said simply, turning and walking quickly towards the exit even as her instincts said to run not walk. It was tooo small under ground, it felt like she couldn’t breath not that she’d show it. Still once she got outside she’d put one hand on a tree, trembling a little as she closed her eyes and focused on recovering. For a moment she was all too…. Human.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-10-2010, 01:55 AM

Cross said nothing, not even when Mizuki left. It wasn't that he didn't want to, he couldn't. After he was sure she was out of the hidden room, he fell to his knees, hand still pressed to his mouth. His pupils were diluted and he breathed harshly through his nose. The flames that had previously lit the room flickered for a bit before completely dying out. He slowly removed his hand from his mouth and leaned his head against the dirt floor. How annoying...

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-10-2010, 02:03 AM

Glancing downward she realized he wasn’t coming even as her own body was shivering with fear. She whimpered, nearly resisting the urge to scream as she forced herself to go back down. Seeing him on the floor she bit her lip, walking to him with slow, ungraceful steps. Still she would pick him up, carrying him with the shadows as she excited, dropping him a little as she finally got out. Turning her back to him she’d lean against a tree, shuddering still from head to toe. She wanted to ask him what was wrong but she wasn’t confident she could speak without her voice shaking so she said nothing.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-10-2010, 02:22 AM

For a turned human she was strong, Cross noted as she dropped him off outside of the opening he had made. The cool air soon replaced the dank air of the room below. With the fresh air helping to clear his mind he was able to reach over to the symbol in the tree once more and finish tracing it, closing the hole once again. Then he slumped backwards, leaning against the scarred tree and closing his eyes. He wouldn't comment on the shudders that racked Mizuki's body. He knew better than that.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 AM

Ki stayed where she was, still shuddering from head to toe. It would be a few minutes before she stopped shaking from being in that small space beneath the earth. Finally she said simply, “You okay?” before going silent. She said nothing else, leaning against the tree and letting herself begin to calm down. She would be outwardly fine now.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 AM

"As good as I'll ever be." came the murmured reply. His eyes opened again and he stare d up at the sky. That had taken longer than he had thought it would. Leaning part of his weight against the tree he managed to get to his feet, swaying slightly. The blood he had just drank was giving his body a much unneeded adrenaline rush. "We should be heading back now."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-10-2010, 02:38 AM

Ki nodded, looking up at him a moment. Her eyes were piercing, the same looking through you look that Youko had given the vampire before. Finally, however, she simply shrugged and looked towards the school. Nodding she said quietly “Yes… classes shouldn’t be quiet over yet. You might want to go.” She suggested it with a shrug, glancing towards him and offering him an icy smile. Her eyes looked tired… but she just turned and began to walk towards the school.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-10-2010, 03:03 AM

Go to class? Him? He was surprised he hadn't been kicked out yet. If he did show up for class it would be a wonder if he stayed for more than fifteen minutes. Cross didn't like being cooped up inside, it was just too boring for him that way. He didn't try to stop Mizuki from walking away, instead he took a few steps forward until he was standing directly under the opening in the canopy of the trees and looked up, tracing out constellations among the stars with his eyes.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 AM

Pausing she glanced back towards him, watching him a moment in thought. Why was he so quiet? She then bit her lip and asked quietly “Just why are you here anyway? At this school..” She asked quietly, curiosity in her voice. She couldn’t help but be a little intrigued by him… especially since he seemed to be a pureblood yet didn’t seem to look down on her. Even most noble vampires looked down to her…. Everyone knew she was a human turned and the fact that she was much more powerful then she should be as one seemed to actually make it worse not better.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-10-2010, 03:24 AM

Cross continued tracing out constellations as he answered, "He promised peace." He being the chairman of the school. When he had come to Cross' home and requested for him to attend the school Cross had agreed to come. But coming to the school and attending classes were two different things. Cross just really didn't like the latter at all.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-10-2010, 03:30 AM

So there are purebloods who want peace…Think it'll ever happen?” She said quietly, more seeming to think aloud then anything. Shrugging she looked up at the sky in thought, her mind flowing to one pureblood she knew…. He’d been a threat to even the other vampires peace and when he’d seemingly committed suicide everyone had celebrated and not looked into it too hard. She didn’t mean to but she realized now she’d thought that all purebloods were like that… and most nobles too for that matter…

Aoi Kazuya

Old 06-10-2010, 04:00 AM

A flicker of emotion in his eyes, "Only time can tell..." his voice was softer now, sadder almost, "...and don't I have plenty of that?" He sounded tired to even himself with the way he spoke. "We purebloods, we aren't as great as everyone else is led to believe. We are dying out even now. A prolonged life...eternal youth...immortality...strength...wisdom...that is all anyone can see within us. The power to destroy whatever we want easily...doesn't anyone realize that it all comes with a heavy burden?" It was indeed a heavy burden one that had led to his parents committing suicide and nearly driving him insane, "After a while...even the strongest purebloods out there will yearn for the sweet embrace of death..."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 06-10-2010, 04:07 AM

Yes… they both had a lot more time then they should have didn’t they? Even him who was born something other then human… shaking off that thought, however, she listened to what he said. She smiled darkly, her gaze going to the stars again though she wasn’t seeing them… only the pureblood she’d met first. “Don’t worry… not everyone believes purebloods are all that great. It’s just too bad that there is an exception to what you say at the last too…” She said quietly, her mind elsewhere… to the pureblood who wished only to deliver her to the ‘sweet embrace’ of death but never himself. But she couldn’t die… not until she made sure that creature was truly dead.