View Poll Results: Humans VS Zombies!!!
Humans for the win!! I DESTROY ALL ZOMBIES!!!! 5 71.43%
Zombies kick ass!! I EATZ UR BRAINZ!!!!! 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-22-2011, 01:37 AM

Background

By the year 2060, technology advanced to a spectacular level. Clean energy had been discovered and utilized, cars were replaced with hovercrafts, and viruses once considered lethal were easily destroyed. The next great step in the science world was the evolution of humankind - that is, the creation of a perfect human race. Scientists began gene therapy and other experiments in order to create stronger, healthier, and smarter humans.
There was a large group against this. They believed it went against God's will, and believed the tests performed were inhumane. The two groups, those who were pro-science and pro-religion, clashed horribly. However, the scientists had the government on their side, and their tests continued despite the pro-religions best (and sometimes violent) efforts.
In the year 2067, hell exploded on earth. Somehow, a dozen or so of government MZ6 Bombs launched and destroyed a dozen major cities.
The survivors panicked and looked to the scientists for answers, but their best guess was that it was a computer error. Those that were pro-religion stepped up and turned the masses' anger against the scientists and blamed them for incurring God's wrath on the world. However, there those who didn't buy into the pro-religion's theories. There were conspiracies claiming the pro-religion people were behind everything in order to destroy the technology they despised, but any who voiced these thoughts would be called traitors. The traitors and the scientists were tried and killed, and the standing facilities were destroyed, along with the creations the scientists had created.
However, there were some creations that escaped the genocide, and managed to blend in with normal humans. The only distinguishing feature is a barcode somewhere on their being, which, if found, will lead to their capture and demise by the Saints: a group of people chosen by the Global Church Leader meant to punish the wicked and eradicate any leftover experiments.

----------

Story

Two years have passed. It is now 2069.
You live in this time, either an experiment, or a human. Your only mission is to survive the religious authoritarian government.
If you go against the Global Church Leader's will, you will be incarcerated or killed. If you are found to be an experiment, you will be destroyed.
Live carefully.

----------

Rules

No godmoding
Stick to Mene's rules (PG-13 only!)
This is a semi-lit RP: No chatspeak, use third person, no *'s, and complete sentences
Please try to write at least one paragraph per post, and all font should be legible (no tiny font or painfully bright colors)
Respect other people
PM me all profiles (profile skeleton will be posted shortly) with your favorite music genre as the subject
Failure to follow these rules will result in being booted from the RP

----------

Profile Skeleton

Screenname:
Character Name:
Human/Experiment:
Pro-religion/science:
Weapon:
Location of Barcode/How it's Hidden (For Experiments):
Difference from humans (For Experiments: not magical differences, but genetic differences, like having some avian DNA or being incredibly strong, etc.):
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Extra:

----------

Profiles
Experiments

Screenname: Kuroshinigami
Character Name: Loki
Human/Experiment: Experiment
Pro-religion/science: Doesn't give a damn
Sex: Female
Weapon: Slim iron staff, also used as a walking stick
Location of Barcode/How it's Hidden: On the inside of her left wrist. She wraps gauze around it to hide it.
Difference from humans: The scientists attempted to give her X-ray vision but failed miserably. Instead, her eyes are painfully sensitive to light, so that she has to blindfold herself in order to walk in daylight. On the upside, she sees very well in the dark, but even the moonlight makes her head ache a bit.
Appearance:
She wears a black blindfold during the day, sunglasses at night (usually when she's by herself)
Personality: She doesn't trust other people, nor does she like them very much. She's frank and cold and generally a loner. Once she does warm up to you, she stays loyal and actually attempts to regard your feelings, but once you lose her trust it's gone. Period. She has a sense of humor, but it's somewhat sarcastic.
Bio: She was abandoned at a young age and lived on the streets until she was fifteen. Then some scientists found her and decided to make use of her. After a few years of surgery, they deemed her a failure. She was supposed to be terminated, but fortunately for her the scientists in question were killed and the facility she was in burned down. She just barely managed to escape with a few others.
Extra: She's a surprisingly good fighter, despite being blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezumie
Screenname: Sezumie
Character Name: Bloodii Ace
Pro-religion/science: Just here for the action.
Weapon: Spiked boots. (She has a Taser for good measure, maybe a exact-o-blade for capturing purposes.)
Location of Barcode/How it's Hidden: The barcode is located on my right palm, so I wear checkered handwarmers to cover them up.
Difference from humans: The scientists attempted to give me wings by incorporating Avian DNA in with my human one. They were semi-successful. I only came out to have hollow bones, which give me the ability to jump higher than normal (WAY higher), and I can kind of glide through the air. It also makes me move quicker.
Appearance:

Personality: She has an evil, demonic aura to her, and its easy to get on her good side, but the same thing goes for her bad side as well. She likes to fight, but is childish, and will do anything in her power to help others when needed, so they wouldn't have to feel the pain she did when her parents refused to help her or take her back.
Bio: Well then, she was given up to the science facility so he parents could get money for donating. Bloodii's true name is unknown, since the experiment seemed to wipe out her memories of the incident. And since the experiment she went through was semi successful, the scientists were supposed to try again, but were all killed before the next experiment could take place. She escaped quickly, but the only thing left of that incident is a small scar on her back.
Extra: Bloodii is good at gymnastics, and incorporates them with her combat skills.[/center

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamethrower1391
Screen Name: flamethrower1391
Character Name: Setsurou Hasegawa
Pro-religion/science: Neither
Sex: Male
Weapon: Anything I can get my hands on. Usually something big.
Location of Barcode/How it's Hidden: On my right eyelid which is hidden by an eyepatch.
Difference from humans: To put it lame and to the point, I have super strength. I can lift anything up to a ton. Maybe a hundred pounds more, but I don't want to over do it. It could be the death of me, and I can't die just yet.
Appearance:

Personality: Untrusting. I only trust my sister. I don't joke around or talk to anyone more than I have to.
Bio: I was experimented a year after being born. At the time, my parents were at a better facility. That quickly changed when my father died when I was three. My mother was pregnant, and no one wanted to deal with her. It wasn't like she was being cooperative with anyone, so they shipped her to the shittest facility there was. After my sister was born, she died.
You might ask how I have a younger brother then. He is most definately of blood and kin, but he had a surrogate mother. A fertilized egg was kept frozen for numerous years until the scientists needed someone else to experiment on. Being only five years younger than my sister, we all got along. Jazuchu was quite different from the other experiments these scientists had. His DNA was manipulated, so that he was part panther. His hair grew darker, and he had the reflexes and eyesight of this magnificent cat.
While he was being experimented on more, we were attacked. We knew it was coming when the other facilities were destroyed long before. I was supposed to make sure Akira and him made it out, but I could never find him. My worst fear was that he was killed, and I'd never know. We still have no clue if he's alive or dead, but we keep hoping for the best.
Extra: I tend to flirt with the girls even though I'm not exactly supposed to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamethrower1391
Screen Name: flamethrower1391
[B]Character Name: Akira Hasegawa
[B]Human/Experiment: Experiment
Pro-religion/science: Does it really matter? I was created by the pro-science, and I'm hate by the pro-religious.
Weapon: Katana
Location of Barcode/How it's Hidden: Back of the neck. Normally I could hide it with my hair, but I also wear cover-up to be safe.
Difference from humans: The scientists tried to open up my brain capacity in hopes of one day allowing a person to perform telepathy or telekinesis. Let's just say they aren't smart enough to achieve that. Instead, I can see things at a slower rate than how fast they are actually going and dodge them.
Appearance:

Personality: Alert. With my ability, I'm the one who keeps watch for anyone who may attack my brother or I. I don't do any talking unless I have to.
Bio: Like my brother, I was experimented on shortly after birth. Since scientists found out how to genetically engineer humans outside of the womb, that's how all of use were experimented on. Some older than I was, some the same age. The more advance scientist could experiment on the older subjects. I, however, had quite dumb scientists. After my birth, my mother died because they doctors couldn't stop the bleeding. Seriously, because of that facility, I lost my entire family except for my older brother. I don't even know if my little brother survived. They were doing some more experiments on him when we were attacked. Of course, they wanted us to fight for them. Who did they think we were?
A few of us escaped. We formed a group together, but since then, it has dwindled. There is only my brother and I anymore. We were the youngest and the most fit to make a run for it everytime we were discovered. Not to mention we were the fastest. No human we have encountered could outrun us except one, but he wasn't too bright. The man was easily duped.
And here we are, living on the run. No money to our name, nothing to eat and no where to stay. But we get by. Life on the run is grand, isn't it?
Extra: We tend to get in trouble a lot when I try to steal food from someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Mad Bloke
Screenname: Another Mad Bloke
Character Name: Evan June
Pro-religion/science: Who gives a f***?
Weapon: A variety of revolvers, infused with various bullets (explosives, combustion, insta-freeze, tasers, etcetera).
Location of Barcode/How it's Hidden (For Experiments): His right calf. He always wears long pants, so he doesn't have to worry about it much.
Difference from humans (For Experiments): Evan's experiment was one of the few that actually turned out successful. Other than the various body adjustments that made him more physically capable than the average human, Evan's eyes were adjusted so that he could sharpshoot any target with pinpoint accuracy. The only consequence of this action is a terrible case of far-sightedness.
Appearance:*
Personality: Growing up in the harsh badlands of the bombed up world left Evan with the most hardened attitude you could never ask for. To add to the fact, he also has a tendency to be a smart-ass, even though he doesn't intend to.
Bio: He never knew the word "family". The only word close to such a definition was "group of ragtag fools in a desert". He has passed from those groups multiple times, benefiting and giving as much as he could still. Why he's in a city, he's really not that sure.
Extra: He has a gift for chemistry, alchemy, and other strange sciences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretIenzo1
Screenname: SecretIenzo1
Character Name: Liam Hope
Weapon: His body.
Location of Barcode/How it's Hidden (For Experiments): It was on his head so it is hidden by his hair.
Difference from humans (For Experiments: not magical differences, but genetic differences, like having some avian DNA or being incredibly strong, etc.): He doesn't know what DNA he has but he is extrememly flexible, fast and strong. He believes he has more than one DNA but isn't sure.
Appearance:
Personality: Liam is shy and quite but also very helpful. Even though he is a teenager he seems like a small child whe you can't bare to leave alone. He seems bored by almost everything and like he doesn't care but he does.
Bio: Liam is the child of two experiments but since his mother was captured he doesn't know what DNA he has. Beyond took him in and hid him from everyone. He thinks of her as his mother.
Extra: Liam is very attached to Beyond. If she is sad he becomes sad, she's happy he's happy etc.
Humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlwulf
Screenname: Marlwulf
Character Name: Father Matthew Maxwell
Human/Experiment: Human
Pro-religion/science: religion, but is sympathetic toward the left over experiments
Weapon: Keeps a dagger on him and a gun in hiding at his home.
Appearance: Usually wearing his robes; that alone is enough to provide protection on the streets in this broken world.
Personality: Extremely kind. He’ll do anything he can to help someone. He hates to take a life, be it human or not, but will do what it takes to protect himself and the fragile stability of the world.
Bio: He was raised in an extremely religious household so it only seemed natural that he pursue the path of becoming a priest just out of high school. He was isolated from most of the violence and destruction as he spent his time in the Seminary, but now he is getting to witness the aftermath as he comes to duty.
Extra: Despite his sympathies towards many of the scientists and experiments he is incredibly loyal to the religious state. He will not compromise his beliefs for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewCSLewis
Screenname: TheNewCSLewis
Character Name: Alyssa Clearwater
Sex: female
Weapon: A small dagger hidden in her boot (barely used)
Appearance:
Personality: She is a very gentle and kind girl but she is also stubborn and strong-willed. She loves to laugh and smile but can never tell a joke correctly so people don't think she has a very good sense of humor. No matter where a person comes from or weither that are an experiment or not she does not judge who they are and always wants to get to know who they are.
Bio: Her mother was an experiment and her dad was a Saint. When her father found out what her mother was he could not do anything but to take her into his people. Alyssa never saw her again. In fear of her father, Alyssa ran away to live with her mother's brother who took her in until she was eighteen when she decided to live on her own and moved out.
Extra: She is extremely smart and uses that instead of fighting but she can also be a pretty good fighter when it is necissary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretIenzo1
Screenname: SecretIenzo1
Character Name: Beyond Hope
Pro-religion/science: She doesn't care but appears to be religion.
Weapon: She has a knife that looks like a cross and she is skilled with a pistol.
Location of Barcode/How it's Hidden (For Experiments): None/human
Difference from humans (For Experiments: not magical differences, but genetic differences, like having some avian DNA or being incredibly strong, etc.): None/human
Appearance:
Personality: Beyond is a nice woman and enjoys helping people. People say the aura around her calms people. She enjoys the company of others and may seem clueless when she really isn't. She's normally smiling but she won't hesitate to hurt someone when made angry or trying to protect another.
Bio: Beyond grew up in a family that was pro-religion but due to meeting an experiment when she was young led to her not being influenced by her family. This expermint was found however and Beyond has been taking care of their baby. She is however a Nun.
Extra: She has a cat named Spirit and lives with the child of the experiment she met at when she was younger.
----------

We're Open!! Please be sure to read the rules and wait for me to accept profiles!!

----------

Please note a small edit in the plot dealing with a conspiracy theory in the last paragraph.

----------

Just waiting for people...

----------

o(^-^ )o o( ^-^)o o(^-^ )o o( ^-^)o

Last edited by kuroshinigami; 05-29-2011 at 11:07 PM..

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-22-2011, 06:48 PM

Loki walked the streets aimlessly, her cane tapping lightly in front of her, warding off anything in her path. She walked straight ahead, not bothering to weave through people though she could hear them walking in front of her. It would be easier for them to dodge her than it would be for her to dodge them. Someone wasn't paying attention, however, and their shoulders banged together.
"Hey, dumb ass, watch where you're going!" He snarled, enraged by the small damage he had taken. Loki scowled and looked back at his general direction, but didn't bother giving him a response. This seemed to anger him more, and he followed her, growling, "What, you're not going to apologize to me?" He dropped a heavy hand on her shoulder to turn her around, but she swatted it off an instant later.
"Go to hell," she snarled at him, turning slightly so her back wasn't facing him anymore. She listened to his movements, waiting to see if he would dare strike her.

Marlwulf
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-22-2011, 09:45 PM

Matthew sat on the steps to the church, watching the crowds as they wandered down the street. It was a fairly sad sight. A lot of people were still displaced after the Global Reformation. ((Hope that’s an alright term for everyone)) It was going to take a while for everything to settle back to the way it should be.

Some angry shouting echoed from down the street a ways. Matthew sighed, hesitating on the steps. He really shouldn’t get involved in every little thing. He shrugged, walking off towards the commotion; it wouldn’t hurt to at least go and see if there was anything he could do.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 PM

"A fight, a fight they say!" Said a childish voice.

Up in a tree, hanging upside down for some apparent reason, was a girl. She was odd-looking, her hair was down, and was pink, with light blue highlights, it reminded the people who passed by of cotton candy. She also had a flower like hairpin which was a lighter blue and pink than her hair. She wore a short black tube top, with gray jean shorts. Her belly button was visible. This was Bloodii, Bloodii Ace. She was always seen as the odd one out, though she was merely 19, which made no sense when you see how she acts. Her lips curled into a twisted smile, and she seemed to giggle.

"Now how fun is this?" She mused, flipping off of the tree, and landing on the ground with angel like grace. She picked up her black jacket, which was slightly torn, and jumped up, going up at least a few feet than normal so see a woman and an angry looking man. She sighed,"Men, they don't know when to shut up." She slowly fell, much slower than most people would fall. Landing on the ground, her laughter was quiet, but people looked at her, some with the surprised awe that the girl that dressed so sluty, could have such an angelic voice.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-23-2011, 04:04 AM

((Sounds good to me, Marlwolf! Ah, sorry about the absence, had to do homework >.< ))

"You first," the man growled, and swung a punch at Loki. She managed to dodge, but just barely. It was fortunate that her reflexes and her hearing was good. She could hear the movement of his clothes as he moved and the sound of his fist cutting through air. Where he would strike was based not only on this, but experience.
She moved quickly, aiming a punch that would have struck his throat, but she miscalculated. He had been shorter than she realized, and she broke his nose instead. No matter, it works, she thought carelessly, and stepped away before blood could stain her clothes.
"You..." He then proceeded to call her as many names as he could think of, but Loki wasn't really paying attention to this. It lacked creativity, and reminded her of a beaten dog whining. She was beginning to walk away from him, but he took advantage of her turning back and charged her again.
Stupid, she thought, of both the man and herself for turning her back on the coward. She heard him coming, and it was easy to lean on the staff and swing her foot backwards, connecting hard with his stomach. He fell to the ground, trying to catch his breath. She heard the wheezing and knew she had won. With the little breath, he cursed her some more.
Almost as if musing to herself, she growled above his swears, "I don't know which is more pathetic. Thinking that you would be bad ass for beating up a blind girl, or being defeated by her." The man was shocked into silence. She chuckled, and started to walk away. This time, he didn't bother following her, but scurried away in the other direction. Coward, she thought to herself.

Marlwulf
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 AM

Matthew only caught the very end of the fight. He slipped into the back, but the crowd had already started to dissipate before he could think about intervening. Jack, a local drunkard, started to push past him, holding his bleeding nose.

"Jack," Matthew reached out to touch the man on the shoulder. "What happened? Are you alright?"

Jack threw Matthew's arm away. "Nothing happened, father." Matthew winced at the tone; the man could get in serious trouble for talking like that to some of the other priests. Jack just sneered and stormed away. Matthew stood for a moment, unsure of what to do.

"That man just got beat up by some blind girl, father." Matthew didn't recognize the young girl.

Matthew's mind was already whirling. Jack was a known fighter, and he wasn't that drunk today. There's no way he'd lose to a blind person; perhaps she was just wearing dark glasses and the girl was confused. Nonetheless, couldn't keep the irrational interest from perking up.

"Thank you, child. Could you tell me which way the blind girl went?" The girl pointed towards one of the outer districts. "Thank you very much," Matthew said, absently pulling a piece of candy from his robes and giving it to the girl.

Matthew thought quickly as he began to walk in the direction indicated by the girl, trying to rationalize what he was doing. It's a bad mark on my parish if I have brawls going on just a few blocks from the church; the least I can do is find out who the instigator is and warn them. He chuckled, shaking his head; he already knew full well that Jack would be the instigator. He was looking for the "victim."

He hoped it was more than that.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-23-2011, 04:52 PM

Loki swerved slightly to avoid something metalic (probably a trash can, though most of the time no one used it anyway) and counted her steps in her head. It was the only way she had of knowing where she was. The scents and sounds often helped, but if she followed that alone she would become disoriented and lost, and she hated asking for directions.
The park was close by. It wasn't pretty, by any means, but it was usually deserted. From the way grass pulled at her jeans, she'd say it was neglected and overgrown. By the empty beer bottles she waded through, she guessed it was used as a teen party hang out in the evenings. For now, however, the place was hers. She made her way to a bench and sat down, pulling an apple from her pocket. She sniffed it and took a bite, eating it slowly to savor the taste and only sustenance she would get for a while. Idly, she wondered how she would get more money this time. Stealing wasn't preferable, but doable when darkness fell. Generally she would steal on cloudy nights, when she had to.
As she had been fired from her last job (she tripped and broke some priceless vase, they really shouldn't have left it in such a stupid place to begin with), she would just have to do what she had to in order to get by. I wonder if I can fight for money? I heard something about people gambling on the winner. Nah, that's illegal. Ten to one the Saints will raid the place, and I'll be screwed. What else...? She thought, absentmindedly checking to see if the thick black blindfold was still snugly in place.

Marlwulf
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-23-2011, 06:27 PM

Matthew sighed, a little exasperated. He wasn’t sure what time it was and he had to be back to the church for this evening service; it had been his idea after all. A requiem for those on both sides who had fallen would do much to ease the tension in his parish; the other members of the community nonwithstanding.

Matthew hadn’t wandered this far away from the church in his month and a half of being assigned, and the fresh signs of decay and neglect brought a new sense of revulsion to the priest. How could people live in this? How could they do this to their community?

Matthew sighed again, taking a seat on a bench at the far end of what could have been a park. It was as filthy as everything else. Perhaps he could convince the congregation to organize a cleanup work. Then again, how long would it stay clean?

Matthew suddenly became aware that he wasn’t alone. Crunching sounds came from just around the path from an area obstructed from his view by a tangle of trees and undergrowth. He got up, but was unsure of what to do.

“It’s not like I can just walk up and ask if there’s a blind girl around here or living nearby.” But that shouldn’t be his primary concern. If someone was lounging alone then there was a chance Matthew could convince them to come to the service or, better yet, join the church. Tired as he was, it was his duty. He got up and began to walk around the path.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-23-2011, 08:08 PM

Loki was just about finished with the apple when she froze. Someone was coming towards her. She finished the last of her apple and reached for her steel staff, which was never far from her reach. The sound of the footsteps was partially reassuring; they weren't soft and slow, as if someone was trying to sneak up on her, but a steady gait that pointed towards someone just walking. However, that could mean the potential attacker was arrogant or truly strong, or it could mean the person didn't know she was present and therefore didn't bother hiding.
She was too proud to run away and be a seen as a coward. Even if she tried to run, it might encourage the person to chase after her. She had found in the past that if bullies found some sort of weakness - being blind, running away from footsteps - they would be more inclined to harass the person in question. It would be better to sit and see what she was up against, if anything at all.

Marlwulf
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 PM

“Hello?” Matthew walked around the vegetation, emerging into the small plaza. He was only slightly perplexed by what he saw.

A blind girl; the blind girl? Suddenly, the priest wasn’t so sure what to say. How should he broach the topic with her? Any kind of direct confrontation would put her off and might cause a confrontation. Well, an introduction can’t be that bad of a place to start.

“My name is Father Maxwell. I’m a priest at the local church here,” he paused, thinking his words through carefully. “We always welcome new people to come and join the congregation. In fact, we’re having a service this evening. P-p-perhaps you would like to come? Unless you have somewhere else you need to be, of course.” Her gaze, or lack thereof, was disconcerting.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-23-2011, 10:16 PM

Loki relaxed at the seemingly hesitant greeting. As she wasn't the most social of people, she didn't reply to the 'hello.' There was an awkward silence, then the man introduced himself. At the word "father," she immediately tensed up again. Priests. They were as bad as the Saints, in her mind. They generally didn't kill experiments, or at least not in the same fashion as the Saints, but they reported them. To make up for this "leniency," the preached the views that led to the death of her kind.
"Thank you, but I'll pass," she told him quickly, the sarcasm in her voice just barely hidden. For once, she was trying to play nice, if only to avoid angering a Priest and possibly leading to the arrival of a Saint. "I'm not a big on the whole church thing," she continued, then realized this might sound like heretic's words. This is why I don't talk to people, she reminded herself, and added as nonchalantly as she could, "I'd rather practice my faith elsewhere." This was partially true: she had faith that she had no faith, and she practiced it daily.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-23-2011, 10:27 PM

Bloodii followed the two people throughout the park, well, not by walking, she jumped through the trees, causing the branches to rustle and creak as her weight came and left the branches. Given that she was pretty quick, she almost skipped them. But she stopped in time, though she ended up falling off and landing face-first on the ground.

"Oww..." She mumbled, rubbing her forehead. Now she had a cut on her head. She looked at her hand, there was now blood on it. Bloodii's face turned into a full on pout,"Noo! I don't have money for bandaids!" She yelled, standing up and stumbling a bit, people started staring at her oddly.

One man came close and looked at her,"Miss? Are you alright?" He flinched when she looked at him with a horrible death glare. Given that she was odd looking in the first place, her attitude didn't seem nice enough for random people to just walk up to her, cause she really hated when that happened.

She smacked his hand away,"Don't touch me weirdo." She replied, but when he went to check her wound, she stuck, grabbing his arm and flipping him over. Giving him a triumphant smirk, her foot hovered over his face, each and every spike on the end of her shoe sticking out and pointed at him,"Give me your money and I'll leave you be." Scared, the money was given to her, as she smiled,"Thank you sir!" She let him got and jumped up into a tree, ending up a few feet away later. She found a stand that sold popsicles,"Mango please!" She said, paying the vendor and taking the food. Jumping back to the same tree, swinging upside down and eating her mango treat.

Marlwulf
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-23-2011, 10:28 PM

“Ah, I see,” Matthew said. This was something different, that’s for sure. Anger was there; fear, maybe a little, but not compliance. “Tonight’s service is a little different, though. We’re holding a requiem for those souls that were lost during the Reformation."

Matthew hesitated, feeling that maybe this girl had never been to a church. “It’s a kind of remembrance ceremony to help the dead to find eternal rest. You may not be keen on going to a church and I’m not going to force you, should it come to that, but it would mean a lot to me if you would at least come to this.”

Hesitance, at least, distrust might be a better word. “We’re not as bad as you might think.” Matthew winced; that was a little more straight to the point than it was probably a good idea to be.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-23-2011, 11:16 PM

Loki's lips curled into a slight sneer without realizing it, but she quickly turned her face into a mask. "A requiem, huh? She muttered, though her voice was scathing. "Are you mourning the scientists, or those who died killing them? She asked him bluntly. His words flew through her mind, leading her further and further into disgust. The entire thing sounded like a trap. We're not as bad as you might think. Hah. There's a laugh. As soon as I start to trust him, he'll send the Saints after my ass. No friggin' thanks. She smirked to herself as new thought occurred to her, [i]How interesting it would be, for the priest and the demon to become friends.[i] The smirk turned wry as she her thoughts continued, No way in hell. She shook her head quietly, as if clearing her thoughts, and looked in his general direction, saying shortly, "I'll consider."
She highly doubted she would actually show, but it was easier than having the father try to convince her to do so.

Marlwulf
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-23-2011, 11:27 PM

The insinuation wasn’t missed by the priest. “We mourn all those whose lives were taken. No matter what their beliefs may have been in this life. Like I said, it’s up to you in the end.” He took a few steps back, flashing a big smile. “I hope to see you there. It’s the church just up Juneberry Street on the corner of 8th.”

He turned and walked down the path and out of the park. He had to get back in time to prepare for the service.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 PM

Loki relaxed at his retreating footsteps. She was a little surprised he had left so easily, and hadn't called her out for being impertinent to a Priest. Life's full of oddities, isn't it? She thought vaguely. Her mind wandered to the service. Maybe she should go, if only to remember her friends who hadn't made it out of the lab. Their faces floated clearly in her mind, and she sighed, somewhat annoyed. Damn, guess I'm going after all, she thought, and rose. She didn't want to go to the church so quickly, but she did want to stretch her legs a bit more. Walking helped keep her mind focused. If she let her mind wander to unnecessary things, she'd get lost. Grumbling to herself, she tapped her staff on the ground and walked to the north.

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 05-25-2011, 03:12 AM

Alyssa quickly walked down the street with her head down. For the longest time she had tried to avoid looking people in the eye. There was no one to trust anymore. It seemed like everyone wanted to kill her. Just last week a man accused her of being an experiment and no matter how hard she tried to reason with him, he would not believe her for anything. The only reason she was still alive today was because she had managed to injure him with her dagger that she hid in her pocket for that very purpose. Tears swelled in her eyes as she thought about it, the world was such a horrible place now, she thought. She just wished for peace and that she could live a normal life, but no, now she was on the run. Things wouldn't have turned out this way if she just stayed with her uncle but he already had three grown kids by the time she arrived, she knew she was a burden no matter what he said. Besides, they would have found her there eventually. It was sad that even a human was being accused for being an experiment, she was being hunted for false accusations and there was nothing she could do about it. It was all her mother's fault. or was it her father's? He was the one who turned her mother into the authorities, but why not her if he thought she was, or did he? Her mind always became flustered at all this, how could she possibly no the truth about all of this if she trusted no one? There was only one place she felt safe anymore, even though most people would think it should be the last place she should go. But who would think an experiment would go to a church? She knew none of them and as a human that record was clean but the so called "Saints" never took the time for reason.
Quickly she swirved through a crowd of people and headed into the church, some place on Juneberry street that she had never seen before. It was quiet but there was a large handful of people inside. Trying to seem as proper as she could, Alyssa straightened herself up and headed straight to the second row and kneeled against the pews in front of her. Once her face was covered by her hands, she begn to softly cry, not knowing what else to do. Where was she to go from her? She wish she had someone to help her or protect her but she had no one. Her sobs grew a little louder.

Marlwulf
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-25-2011, 06:08 AM

Matthew watched as people filed into the church. He stood at the front, just in front of the pulpit, greeting those who came to the front to speak with him. He had quickly bathed and changed into a fresh set of robes; it was important for him to look clean and humble in front of these people.

The reactions he saw from person to person varied quite a little bit. Some were already in prayer, some looked angry, some were openly crying. Matthew sighed, he had known this was going to be a difficult service, but seeing the people only reaffirmed how close this sermon was going to hit to home.

It was already a little late, but he wanted to make sure everyone was in before he got started.

Sezumie
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Bloodii, seeing this as an opening, flipped off her place in the tree. She seemed to slowly sprint her wat towards the "blind girl." Something was odd about that woman to Bloodii, usually, at this time, people would respect the religious figure, the woman didn't seem to care who the man earlier was. Not only that, but the blind woman seemed awfully familiar.

Having caught up, she spoke,"Hey miss! Where are you going?" She asked, still licking on her treat that she bought earlier. Bloodii's gut feeling thought that the woman she was speaking o was indeed an experiment, usually people nowadays look at the Fathers of the church with some kind of blank expression, it would seem odd, but Bloodi actually considered it rude.

"Could you possibly be 'abnormal' as well?" She whispered, her eyes growing suspicious, usually her gut feeling was wrong, and she may have to kill this 'blind' woman if she was.

Another Mad Bloke
Can't Be Helped

Old 05-25-2011, 11:28 AM

Evan's goggles only bore some of the burden of his inability to see just in front of himself.

They were so caked with dust, grime and dirt, one might wonder if they were of any use at all. But they were. The old leather things did the job quite well, making the sight easier and the look of a bad-ass imminent. Course, anyone with 20 revolvers lining down his ribs looked like one in the first place.

He may have been a bit self conscious.

This, however, didn't concern him at that very moment. The shouts of angry nonsense filled his ears, but the bells of a church replaced them. He spat.

What a putrid place.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2011, 05:02 PM

Loki looked up, irritated, as yet another person spoke to her. Must be my luck day, she thought. "None of your business," she replied shortly, wondering why the hell she would care where she was going. She had started to loop back towards the church, and knew she would be there shortly. The closer she came to the church, the more annoyed she grew. A room full of people talking about God was the epitome of hell for her, but part of her needed to pay her respects to her fallen friends.
She tensed ever so slightly at the girl's next question. Now, is it a trap or is she really an experiment? If she is, she's a suicidal moron, talking about this in public. Hell if I'll go down with her... She thought. She glared in the general direction of the girl irately, though only her dark scowl was visible. "Lady, I don't know who you are, but making jokes like that will get you killed," she snapped quietly. She could hear the church bells in the distance and knew she was only a few steps away from the promised location. She nodded quietly, as if saying good-bye, and headed inside the church. She hated the feeling of paranoia and complete distrust of anyone breathing, but it had kept her alive so far. She'd rather stay alive than try to make friends and end up dead. So damn troublesome, she thought with a sigh. She moved slowly through the church, her cane swaying back and forth steadily, so she could find her way to an empty pew without falling on her face. She managed to find a seat in the back and sat down. People were already crying, and the sound of it was making her skin crawl with irritation. Maybe I shouldn't have come after all, she thought unhappily.

((I always feel so mean when I try to create these characters >.< ))

Another Mad Bloke
Can't Be Helped

Old 05-25-2011, 07:25 PM

People and religion, Evan swore. As if a god could actually cause all this. As if a god could let all of this happen in the first place. As if a god could actually exist anymore in a world full of despair and suffering.

The church, however, seemed to be a bit cooler than the rest of the dragged out town. So might as well crash there.

With headphones blaring, the gunslinger passed down the aisle without a second regard to anyone and anything, taking a seat and propping his legs up on the pew in front of him. This would be a nice exception to most of his sleeping places, which basically included hard rock and itchy sand piles.

The screams of the rather nice mp3 player turned a few greedy, hypocritical heads in the rows behind him.

Evan's fingers itched for a trigger.

TheNewCSLewis
TheNewCSLewis

Old 05-25-2011, 09:10 PM

((haha I know what you mean! That is why I have to make a really nice character every once in awhile to balance things when that happens :O))

Alyssa softly wiped her face after she had gotten a hold of herself and then realized that she had not been the only one here crying. There were several people around her in tears and her stomach began to ache. Did she accidentally walked in on a funeral? She looked around the church but it did not look like a funeral as far as she could remember, but why were they crying then? She noticed two more in the pews, they did not seem to be grieving like the others. One, a girl about a couple years older than her, seemed to be rather nervous but the other, a young guy, was simply listening to music. The guy was much closer to her and she couldn't help but stare a little. He seemed off to her, but maybe it was just the old goggles he wore. They reminded her of a mad scientist. She sniffed a little and hoped her face wasn't red but it more than likely was. Alyssa wished that she was stronger, like her mother but she figured that she could ever have the strength her mother did, she never would be like her.

Another Mad Bloke
Can't Be Helped

Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM

"It's not polite to stare, you know," Evan suddenly said to the girl next to him who happened to be doing so, a hint of being sneer in his voice. He usually didn't mean such attitudes, but today he wasn't in too much of a good mood. Being in a city was one thing, but a church? This was ridiculous.

Others seemed to think so, including the girl that the first girl caught a glance at. Evan had a gift for strange sciences. This included the science of reading peoples faces. Though he wasn't sure if the second was a female. There wasn't much use in trying to determine that.

The man only adjusted his feet on the pew, adjusting the volume a bit before resuming his almost cantonic state.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 05-25-2011, 09:33 PM

Loki started slightly at the raised voice, and wondered if there was going to be a fight. Fights in church now? What is the world coming to? She thought with a small smirk. She could hear the music from the man's headphones despite their distance, and he only turned up the volume. The sounds of the music contrasted sharply with the church setting, especially since he seemed to be listening to screamo. She wondered vaguely what the priest would do when he saw this, but didn't particularly care. It wasn't her ass on the line, or even potentially so. She couldn't help but think that this priest in particular wasn't like the others, or at least he didn't seem as cruel as the rest. Still, she couldn't know if he was only acting that way to gain others' trust. She had seen it before. She had seen a lot of things before, it seemed.
She sighed and tapped the staff impatiently against the ground, enjoying the metallic clack. She stopped after a moment, already bored with the activity, and wondered if she should stay or go. Maybe a few more minutes. Safer than the outside, probably.