Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-13-2018, 11:05 AM

Is there a way to find one another on there besides posting?

Oof. Sorry to hear you're uninsured. D:
I've heard that being insured in the states costs a lot these days.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-13-2018, 05:35 PM

Animal videos make me smile

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-13-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Is there a way to find one another on there besides posting?

Oof. Sorry to hear you're uninsured. D:
I've heard that being insured in the states costs a lot these days.
Don't really know what you mean.

Just getting a basic checkup for my health is gonna cost like $140 just about.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 12:20 AM

How do you find one another in the long chain of posts? Do you just scroll through them one by one? And is there a private messaging system?

$140 USD?! Wow. It only costs $200 NTD here, which is something like $4 USD...then again, that's the most basic of tests, without blood tests or anything so I'm not sure if additional tests would cost more. I know adding a chest X-ray would cost another additional $200 NTD.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-14-2018, 12:35 AM

No private message system and i don't really know.
some people post frequently but it's not really about finding people and more about the fandom than anything lol.

correction $149 i believe which sucks since my grandma has to pay for me since i have no money. still not great.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 12:41 AM

Ah, I see.

That is so expensive! Why is it so expensive in the states?!

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-14-2018, 12:48 AM

Yeah, not really for social media or being some type of messenger.
vlive is just for fans to post what they like and watch videos and support their fave idol groups basically.

because rich people don't want us to live.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 12:56 AM

I see. I thought it was more a forum type platform, but it's more video-y.

Ugh, capitalism.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-14-2018, 01:01 AM

Well vlive was made for idols to post videos and do livestreams
so that their fans can watch these videos and support their favorite idols.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 01:02 AM

So it's a platform for professionals to post their work for fans?

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-14-2018, 01:04 AM

Yes basically.
And how fans can interact with other fans globally, share common interests[mostly just k-pop since it's a k-pop site essentially].

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 01:13 AM

That's pretty neat, I never knew there were sites like these. I guess I need to branch out from YouTube a bit since it's sometimes hard to find stuff on there.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-14-2018, 01:17 AM

They do upload some of their videos onto youtube.
But i like being on the site to interact with the fans and play the games.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 01:19 AM

Yeah, there seems to be less trolls there than on YouTube in general, which is nice.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-14-2018, 01:45 AM

Yeah but then some fans do bash other bands when their band
isn't in the lead with voting which isn't great.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 02:55 AM

D: Wow, that's just seems so...petty. :(

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 12-14-2018, 04:59 AM

Antagonist, I am so glad you asked! And no, no milk in white tea lol. Tea is the same ingredients... but different processing.

White, green, oolong, and black tea are all made with the same products, the only difference is how they are processed. You can turn the plant matter into any of the varieties. Different sources will give different accounts of the processing steps, but in rough order of least-to-most processed:

White tea is minimally processed and not oxidized, meaning it retains the natural antioxidants, but does not develop as much flavor, color, or caffeine. Sweet or flowery flavors are characteristic. Their teas are easiest for those who are not fond of very strong flavors. Also the best for your health if you are building your immune system.

Green tea has a minimal amount of oxidation, halted by additional pan-frying (Chinese teas) or steaming (Japanese) steps. The additional processing brings out more flavor, and allows for caffeine to develop, at the cost of a reduction in antioxidants. This one is best for losing weight. You still have some build to immune, but the caffeine helps increase metabolism which helps burn fat.

Oolong tea gets partial fermentation, and often an additional shaking/bruising step that release additional flavors. Oolong can range in color from dark green to black. The combination of bruising and partial fermentation give many oolongs distinct flowery & earthy flavors. Darker oolongs may have buttery or smoky tastes to them. It has somewhat more caffeine and less antioxidants than green tea.

Black tea is fully fermented, which blackens the leaves and causes the formation of caffeine and tannins. It generally possesses the most robust flavor and highest level of caffeine, but the least antioxidants. I know that many people who are health nuts avoid this tea. If you are a coffee drinker you won't care, it is a good tea for you, since your purpose is not health but caffeine content.

Finally: herbal infusions! These are various blends of dried herbs, fruits, spices, and flowers which are steeped like teas, but do not contain tea leaves. Generally, the ingredients are dried, although fresh ingredients can be used too. To confuse matters further, black and green teas may also have flavorings added to them, giving a similar result.

If you really want to take it a step further... smoothies... just kidding lol. But seriously it is all about what you want out of your drink and your taste preferences. Then pick the type of tea and the type of flavoring you prefer!

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-14-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
D: Wow, that's just seems so...petty. :(
I am very against the whole "put others down to make us feel better" sadly it happens a lot in not just k-pop fandoms
but all fandoms.

but other than that the site is great.
i get really nervous to post sometimes

I got all this anxiety with just saying "hello"

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
Antagonist, I am so glad you asked! And no, no milk in white tea lol. Tea is the same ingredients... but different processing.

White, green, oolong, and black tea are all made with the same products, the only difference is how they are processed. You can turn the plant matter into any of the varieties. Different sources will give different accounts of the processing steps, but in rough order of least-to-most processed:

White tea is minimally processed and not oxidized, meaning it retains the natural antioxidants, but does not develop as much flavor, color, or caffeine. Sweet or flowery flavors are characteristic. Their teas are easiest for those who are not fond of very strong flavors. Also the best for your health if you are building your immune system.

Green tea has a minimal amount of oxidation, halted by additional pan-frying (Chinese teas) or steaming (Japanese) steps. The additional processing brings out more flavor, and allows for caffeine to develop, at the cost of a reduction in antioxidants. This one is best for losing weight. You still have some build to immune, but the caffeine helps increase metabolism which helps burn fat.

Oolong tea gets partial fermentation, and often an additional shaking/bruising step that release additional flavors. Oolong can range in color from dark green to black. The combination of bruising and partial fermentation give many oolongs distinct flowery & earthy flavors. Darker oolongs may have buttery or smoky tastes to them. It has somewhat more caffeine and less antioxidants than green tea.

Black tea is fully fermented, which blackens the leaves and causes the formation of caffeine and tannins. It generally possesses the most robust flavor and highest level of caffeine, but the least antioxidants. I know that many people who are health nuts avoid this tea. If you are a coffee drinker you won't care, it is a good tea for you, since your purpose is not health but caffeine content.

Finally: herbal infusions! These are various blends of dried herbs, fruits, spices, and flowers which are steeped like teas, but do not contain tea leaves. Generally, the ingredients are dried, although fresh ingredients can be used too. To confuse matters further, black and green teas may also have flavorings added to them, giving a similar result.

If you really want to take it a step further... smoothies... just kidding lol. But seriously it is all about what you want out of your drink and your taste preferences. Then pick the type of tea and the type of flavoring you prefer!
Ohhhhh so white tea is basically 青茶, I get it now. I know about the different stages of processing, I just didn't know the white tea in English. ;;;

Yeah, I like herbal infusions, especially fruit and flower teas. So fragrant and yummy.

I don't think smoothie teas would taste good We have a lot of different types of teas here in drinks shops so I love going through a bunch of them. Pineapple white tea is one of my favorites, though it's basically just some canned pineapple plus white tea lol. Osmanthus teas are also pretty good in all its variations.

...Talking about all this tea is making me thirsty... *goes to get some green tea from the fridge*

---------- Post added 12-14-2018 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyBats View Post
I am very against the whole "put others down to make us feel better" sadly it happens a lot in not just k-pop fandoms
but all fandoms.

but other than that the site is great.
i get really nervous to post sometimes

I got all this anxiety with just saying "hello"
Yeah, it's really unfortunate. It's hard to find a wholesome and healthy fandom that supports one another and doesn't do bashings. ._.

I get nervous posting on Discord too, I'm always second-guessing myself. xD;; Mene is one of the few places where I rarely hesitate to post just about whatever comes to mind.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-14-2018, 01:28 PM

So glad I have Medicaid.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-14-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's really unfortunate. It's hard to find a wholesome and healthy fandom that supports one another and doesn't do bashings. ._.

I get nervous posting on Discord too, I'm always second-guessing myself. xD;; Mene is one of the few places where I rarely hesitate to post just about whatever comes to mind.
Luckily it doesn't happen too often on the board though.

Yeah i get that. tbh I shit post in all my discords. but it's usually just of my art. :/
and how bad i am at finishing things.

I even made my own discord. but i still have a fun time posting in it, even if it's dead 99% of the time.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-15-2018, 01:50 AM

I lurk 99% of the time on all my Discord channels, it's just hard to join in on the conversations since I barely know anyone and they're always talking about stuff and it feels weird to cut into...

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 12-15-2018, 03:08 AM

Most of mine are dead.
Or i mute them cause i have no interest.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 12-15-2018, 03:28 AM

I am only on one Discord. And that's for a game I play.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-15-2018, 07:29 AM

what game?