p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-12-2011, 04:02 AM

Ancient Egypt - 3150 B.C.

The RP is pretty self explanitory. It takes place in Ancient Egypt, in Cairo, the photos above and below are of your home, day and night. There are pharaohs, commoners, raiders, warriors, slaves, Gods, etc... so there are a lot of character options. There is a temple in the center of small adobe type homes, a market place, etc. The Nile river does run through the city, and there are pyramids just outside the city walls, that are accessable.
You may also use/create Egyptian monsters and such to create some action in the story, but when you do they will be able to be controlled by anyone (unless otherwise specified) until vanquished.

Facts about Egyptians you should know before joining:
-They did not have last names. For most people they were called by their given birth name only or to avoid confusion, their birth name followed by "son of" or "daughter of" and then their father's name.
-Cats were very important animals in Ancient Egypt, they were both pets and symbols of cat gods such as Bast.
-The Nile river is home to many animals, such as crocodiles and hippos.
-Egyptians write in hieroglyphics to represent different objects, actions, sound or ideas. There were more than 700 hieroglyphs. Some pictures stood for whole words.
-They made mummies because they believed in life after death. They believed that they had to preserve their bodies so they could use them in the afterlife.
-The Pyramids were built as tombs for the Kings when they passed away, thus held the mummified remains as well as all of the Kings belongings, like his gold and jewels.

If you are confused by anything or have any questions, please feel free to PM me or post in the OOC!

Here are some character ideas.
Please review our characters that have already been established, I will not accept duplicates of a character. Once all of the characters from the list below have been crossed out, we will no longer be accepting those characters and will be full, unless you can PM me with a good character idea.

Raider/explorer (Male)
Scribe (Male)
Warrior (Female, Male)
Neko (Remember that Egyptians worship cats)
Farmer (Male)
Gods and Goddesses (Ra, Bast, Isis, Amun, Anubis, etc.)
Slaves
Pharaoh (King and Queen)
Doctor (Male)
Pharaoh's Advisor
Priest (Male)
Skilled craftsman (Male)

>>Click Here for OOC<<

--Rules--
-Follow Menewsha rules and TOS first and foremost.
-To join, PM me the profile and wait for an approval to begin, DO NOT post profiles here.
-Romance and violence are encouraged, but keep it PG-13.
-You must be at least semi-literate for this thread and post in paragraphs (At least two paragraphs, 5 sentences each) with capitalization, punctuation, etc. No one is perfect, but this isn’t a text message. It's easy if you're describing what your character is seeing, smelling, feeling, etc.
-No God-modding.
-I don't expect you to post all day everyday as I will be gone from time to time as well, but please keep in mind that I will summon you if you've been gone too long.
-Please do not write any out of character text in the RP, if you feel you need to have a conversation or even just ask a simple question, take it to the OOC Thread linked above.
-When you PM me your profile, the subject title should be "Walk Like an Egyptian"
-If you can not follow ALL of my rules, you will be warned once. If you continue not to follow my rules, you will be removed.
-I reserve the right to remove you from the RP if I see fit and to revise the rules at any time I see fit.
;)

**NO more females, we have a ton! Please be creative in finding your place among us!**

Profile Skeleton: Copy the text inside this box, fill in the information in the appropriate places and send me a personal message with the info. Wait for my response to begin the RP.
PHP Code:
[LEFT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Garamond"][B]INSERT USERNAME[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT

[
CENTER][IMG]insert URL to your character's appearence. ANIME PICTURES ONLY NO DESCRIPTIONS[/IMG] 
[COLOR="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"][FONT=" Garamond "][SIZE="5"][B]CHARACTER NAME[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] 

I am a [color="INSERT POST COLOR HERE"] CHOOSE: Commoner, God, Slave, Neko, Warrior, Raider, Pharaoh, Craftsman, Doctor, Scribe, Priest, Farmer, other (be specific) [/color]. 

[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] People call me ____. [/size] 
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am ____ years old. [/size] 
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I am male/female. [/size] 
[B][SIZE="3"]‡[/SIZE][/B][size=1] I can ____. (Erase this if your character does not have any special abilities.) [/size] 

[/CENTER][JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT] 
[B][SIZE="4"]‡ My story;[/SIZE][/B][INDENT][size=1] 
Write everything you want us to know about your character here. Ideas: background, mission, scars, likes, hates, etc.  

[/size][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/JUSTIFY][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] 
--Character Profiles--
Quote:
Kya Katsumi

Horus

I am the Pharaoh's Advisor and head of the military.

People call me Horus.
I am 29 years old.
I am male.

‡ My story;

Horus is the King's Advisor and most trusted friend. He is also the chief commander of all of Cairo's warriors. He is a dark and evil man, although the King doesn't seem to see it, as he acts very different in his presence. Horus plans to overthrow the King and steal Cairo from him and rule it for himself, turning almost everyone into slaves, as he believes they should be. He has no sense of humor, no compassion and seemingly no heart. He thinks he is better than everyone, including the King, and people fear him as he walks the streets, cowering and hiding as he passes. He has various scars over his body from years of battle. He is a strong, muscular and hardened beast of a man who you do not want to cross.

**Horus CAN be KILLED in this RP. If you think your character is up for the challenge, please PM me FIRST!**

----------------------------------------------------------
Kya Katsumi

Cena

I am a Slave.

People call me slave or Cena.
I am 18 years old.
I am female.

‡ My story;

Cena was born into a life of slavery, she's never known anything else. When she was thirteen, Horus purchased her and branded her permanently as his own, leaving a large symbol for "slave" in the center of her upper back. He treats her poorly, but she doesn't realize it's wrong since she's never been treated any differently. Horus keeps her dressed fairly well since he takes her with him almost everwhere he goes. Cena is beautiful and quiet, knowing what happens if she talks to anyone but Horus.

Quote:
Kry

Zahur

I am a Neko.

People call me Zahur.
I am 20 years old.
I am male.
I can change form to that of a normal Abyssinian cat.

‡ My story;

I live in the palace, the pharaoh found me one day when I was just a kitten, half drowned on the banks of the Nile. I have no idea where I came from, no idea who my parents are. The priests insist I am a child of Bastet and a human, they are convinced that I am here to guide the pharaoh down glorious paths. I'm not so sure of these things myself.

I am pampered and very nearly worshiped in the palace. I often slip out of the palace to play with other cats and explore, I never go out in my human form. The pharaoh isn't ready to reveal my existence to his people yet. Sometimes when I go out, I follow Horus around, if I happen to see him. Something about him makes me want to keep my eyes on him.

Quote:
AmaniIshtar

Bast

I am a Goddess.

People call me Bast, Bastet.
I look 25 years old.
I am female.
I can control fire, able to heal/cure people of my choosing, can also take the shape of a Mau.

‡ My story;

I am the Goddess; Bast, Daughter of Ra. I am viewed as the Goddess of the household, health, fire, and protector of pregnant women and children. Many times I have been considered the protector of the Pharaohs, as my role from protecting Ra from his enemies, most notably Apep(Apophis), while he pulled the sun through the sky during the day, then protecting him at night as a cat so that he could resume his daily duties the next day. Often, I am seen as fickle, much like my feline companions, for I prefer not to stay in one place or with one person, and my mood may change quickly. I happen to love relaxing, and being surrounded by luxury, but sometimes the fawning can be tedious and annoying. I tend not to care what others say of me, I know who I am and I am proud of that fact. I also tend to not take things seriously, for things come and go, not everything is permanent, and even us immortals can be "killed", just as Osiris. Sometimes, though, I like to mingle with the mortals, blessing a few people here and there, maybe even a few tricks, as I am rather playful.
AmaniIshtar

Akila

I am the Queen .

People call me Akila.
I am 20 years old.
I am female.
I have vague visions of the future.

‡ My story;

I am the wife of the Pharoh, mother of his heir, and usually the leading priestess in many celebrations to the goddesses as my husband leads for the gods. I have limited political power, though I leave many of the decisions up to my husband alone. I have a few slaves, who I treat well, and I own a few businesses, even if they are in my husbands name. He knows about this, and doesn't mind. I like music and embroidery, I detest fighting, wars, and famine. Sometimes though, and random times in the day, I am plagued by vague visions to the future and I try to use the clues that I am given to , hopefully, prevent a bad vision from coming true.

Quote:
PrincessKasumi

Aqer

I am a slave (assistant) of a skilled craftsman.

People call me Aqer.
I am 20 years old.
I am male.
I have no special abilities, but I do get along well with snakes... maybe due to the Goddess Wadjet watching over me.

‡ My story;

Aqer may be young but he has enough talent to catch the eye of one of the most skilled craftsmen in all of Egpyt. Though to him, his Master/Teacher is the best of the best. Although cats are extremely prized and loved, Aqer doesn't feel the adoration towards them. It's not like hates them, he just adores snakes more. And because Aqer is young he doesn't think before he acts which gets him into alot of trouble. He has a small scar under his left eye, stretching over his nose bridge after getting mixed up with some thieves and getting caught.
PrincessKasumi

Ain

I am a descendant of an ancient race of Baset offspring called the Mai.

People call me Ain.
I am 24 years old.
I am female.
I have slightly increased healing and resistance to poison.

‡ My story;
Sure I look like a typical cat, but I'm more then that. More then what you might call a Neko, I am a Mai. My race goes further back then those of Nekos. We Mai are guardians of Egyptian pharohs, we use our cat-like attributes to serve and advise humans. I don't know about anyone else but I personally despise the children of Anubis. Out of all the gods I'd keep my eye on Sekhmet, she seemed like she wants Bastets' title of lion-goddess, and turning her into just a cat-goddess, and a diminished role. I have no duties as I know of, I'm just waiting and observing.

It has come to my attention that Horus is abit shady. But I am to not confront him unless he threatens my charges and ruin the balance of status that the Gods put into place. There is a slave, I've taken particular interest in. I do believe her name is Cena, that poor child has no one but her master. She doesn't seem to know it, but her being well dressed isn't for her. It's merely just for Horus since he an image to uphold.
Quote:
Lady Chello

Anubis

I am the God of the Dead.

People call me Inpu Son of Osiris
I am over a 100 years old.
I am male.
I can weigh the heart of the dead on the judgment scales and preform the rituals with the book of the dead. It is I and I alone who can grant a soul into the underworld and I who protect it once it enters.

‡ My story;

There is not much to know of me. My story is known through out the cosmos. For most of my dear children in Egypt look to me in fear due to my half brother Horus's doing. I only have the best interest of my people in mind when I make my decisions. My brothers deceit is what shall be the ruin of our great people and pharaoh. I have spent my years cleaning up my brothers mess and trying to fix what he has broken. I keep many of the broken souls he has done wrong as guards and servants treating them with the up most respect something that none will find from my dear brother once they get to know him. I have found it hard to trust my brother and therefore my judgment for him is always swift and quick. To those who know me best they know I am rather kind and open. It takes much to anger me easily. I do not take my job lightly and will protect the souls of the dead by all means necessary. Do not think because I am far and will lessen that I am meek and weak. I promise you if that is your view you are already dead. My purpose is simple to protect the dead and to use the book of the dead as I see fit.

Lady Chello

Djedkare

I am the Pharaoh.

People call me Djedkare son of Ra.
I am 24 years old.
I am male.

‡ My story;

To my people I am a living god. I was raised to lead my people and to do what is best for my people. I love my beautiful wife and all in my house. I believe in making my sacrifices to the gods and being fair to my people. I have no special powers other than the responsibility and power that comes with my title. Though when your word is law what power do you need. I would not give up my crown for anything since that is the only way I can help change my peoples future. I may be young but I will not make the same mistakes for the kings before me. This is my chance to change the fate of my people and leave my mark on its history.

Quote:
netherdancer

Isis

I am a Goddess.

People call me Isis.
I am as old as Osiris.
I am female.
I can use Ra's magic in addition to my own.

‡ My story;

I am the daughter of Ra and Nut. I am not like most Goddesses, as I spend time among the people. I teach and nuture them. They all revere me. My most tragic tale yet, is of my husband, Osiris, who was killed by our brother Set. I had brought him back to life, but still he did not return fully. We begot a son, named Horus, who was to be raised under my care and Osiris' so that when my husband returned we were together, Osiris also became King of the Underworld. I am still saddened by this, but with time have come to accept it. I wish nothing but peace, and health among the people. And I shall strive toward that.
Quote:
ChiNoMizuumi

Talim

I am a Warrior.

People call me Talim.
I am 18 years old.
I am female.
I can summon lightening at my will, but the origin of the skill is completely unknown.

‡ My story;

Talim was brought to Cairo as the the age of 8, found on a nearby trade route all alone and wrapped in a blanket. Her whereabouts previous to that time are unknown as she does not remember her life before being found by a merchant on said trade route. Once in Cairo, she was shunned by many for her lighter skin tone, hair color, and just all around oddities. Because of the physical and mental abuse she had to go through in her first year of living in Cairo, she convinced the two adults who looked over her to sign her up for a "Military Career" in the army -- basically, she became a warrior for life. Talim was trained specifically with long, broad knives and swords, a bow and arrow, and hand-to-hand combat. While she seems like a violent child-warrior, the girl was actually a loyal Egyptian, willing to fight to protect the King, Queen, and all the people of Cairo.
Quote:
Fanta

Tetishiri II

I am a Jeweler & Slaver.

People call me Tetishiri.
I am 22 years old.
I am female.
I sell the finest goods in all of Egypt, be it jewelry, perfume, or slaves.

‡ My story;

I am the only daughter of a middle class merchant. He himself sold fine jewelry, but was always importing it from foreign lands. As he gained wealth in his profession, I took up the trade of crafting it myself. Before long, my father was selling my jewelry in his stall, and it was selling better than the imports! He has become too old to run the stall now, so I have taken over.

Since my jewelry is always in high demand and of the finest quality, there are always people who wind up unable to pay the bill when I come to collect it. If I can't collect my money, I simply take it out of their backs. Sometimes, we arrange for me to take a child or relative, but more often than not, my customer becomes my merchandise.

As with all craftsman, I hail to Ptah, and I never miss an opportunity to show my respect to the protector of craftsmen. After all, without his divine blessing, I would be forced to make much less honest a living.

Quote:
Dominator

Thoth

I am a God .

People call me Thoth.
I am as old as Egypt itself.
I am male.
I can practice all sorcery and magic arts. I am the keeper of all knowledge and my Book contains the answers to all questions, bringing untold power, magical prowess and endless ruin to any mortal that reads it.

‡ My story; My name means 'Truth' and 'Time'. I am neither good, nor evil, always impartial. I have given Isis the Words to resurrect Osiris. I have overseen great battles between order, ensuring nobody would ultimately prevail, for I am an agent of balance. My domain is knowledge, magic and science. I have been known to impart to mortals some of this knowledge, a trait not shared by most other gods. I am loved by few of them, but respected by all for my wisdom and neutrality. Some say I am the heart and tongue of Ra.

Quote:
Lady Chello

Ur & Zet

We are Merchants/Craftsmen.

People call us sons of the Nile.
We are 23 years old.
We are males.
Both of us how our talents. I Ur am the crafty one. I can bring anything I draw to life with my simple touch. If my fast talking and charming looks don't get you my beautiful master pieces will! I Zet am the bronze of the pair. With my hands I can make anything I wish with metal. In my hands anything metal can be either a weapon or a work of beauty just make me mad and see what I come up with at the bat of your eye.

‡ Our story;

Shhh now, our story is not one for the world to know. The world isn't ready for the story of the demented twins. We where born to a rather wealthy family. We are well rehearsed in the manners and social graces of our time. If you let our charming faces and tempting ways get hold of you, you may lose your heart and everything else along with it. Our false mask we where of innocence is flawless. We are lovers of beautiful things and will have whatever we want. We do not ask the gods for who are they to tell us what we can and can not have. Don't worry we don't bite too hard though if you get in our way we will dispose of you. And we promise that your body will never be found. Who says everything dressed in fine clothing is nice and good for your health?
Quote:
AmaniIshtar

Jahi

I am the Prince.

People call me Jahi.
I am 12 years old.
I am male.

‡ My story;

I am the prince, so life can be a little tedious when I really would rather play. I love my family, including Zahur, he's definitely part of the family, like an older brother. I tend to play with him a lot, but its a lot of fun when we sneak away from the palace and either play with other kids or sometimes we've watched the sky change. I've never seen a more wonderful sight. I think its something my father works so hard to protect his people for, to see amazing sights like those. I hate admitting it but I'm afraid of enclosed spaces and snakes. Mama says that Bast would protect me though.

AmaniIshtar

Chisisi

I am the royal magician .

People call me Chisisi or Chisi.
I am 23 years old.
I am male.
I can create illusions, make potions, and cast spells.

‡ My story;

I am the royal magician. I worked hard to get where I am, though mostly through lies, well timed deaths, and maybe doing a few favors for other people. I grew up poor, a slave for a mother, but I was blessed by the gods to have magic. It has been useful in my effort to reach the palace. For it turns out, I am part of the royalty anyway. My absent father, he was the late pharoh, and the current is my half brother. I don't hold much affection for him, but he's not the terrible person I had envisioned, his wife is rather interesting, and his son is...well little Prince Jahi is endearing and its hard not to like the boy.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 10-23-2011 at 08:09 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-12-2011, 07:23 AM

Horus bowed respectfully to the Pharaoh before exiting the large fire-lit room, his leather shoes taping mildly on the stone as he descended the long flight of stairs. He motioned for Cena, who had been waiting outside, to follow. He was grumbling something about overthrowing the Pharaoh as he stepped onto the sandy path that ran in front of the palace.

It was early morning in Cairo, and the sun was barely peeking over the desert horizon, as they headed into the market. The pharaoh had asked him to meet with the local scribe and have a sheet made up of the new laws. Horus was now venting to Cena, "The nerve of that old man, having me run around the city doing his odd jobs. That's a slaves job, not an advisors, not a warriors. It's degrading." He was scowling deeply at peasants and merchants as they passed, who dare not make eye contact.

When they reached the scribe's place of business Horus turned to Cena, "This shouldn't take long, so help him if it does." He paused, thinking something over in his head before speaking to her again, "Go back into the market and get the vegetables Eshe will need today, to keep her from having to leave." Eshe was another of Horus' servants, his personal cook.

~~~*~~~*~~~

Cena was standing outside of the palace, gazing up at the morning sky, as she waited for Horus. Horus stayed in the palace as well, but it was in the back section, some distance from the throne. The last few of the bright night stars were fading away as the sun rose, bringing the warm tempurature with it. When Horus flew past her down the steps motioning for her to follow, she quickly ran down the stairs to catch up to him. He was clearly angry again, but what was new? If he wasn't angry about something he had to be doing, he was angry about not being Pharaoh. He was sure lucky that Cena was too afraid of him to say anything to anyone about his plans, because she knew all of them, every last one.

By the time they reached the scribe's the market was opening and people were quickly filling the sandy paths, the noise rising, camels waking, flutes playing, dancers jingling... it was slowly becoming the madhouse it was every day of the year. Cena kept her eyes on the ground as she was supposed to while she listened to Horus, even when it was just angry grumbling, as to not miss any instruction. When he told her to go into the market place she looked up at him in suprise. He never let her go into the market alone.

In the next moment she realized what she had done and quickly looked back to the ground as he grabbed angrily onto her arm. "What have I told you about looking me in the eye?" he said through grit teeth. He was in her face now, but she turned her head away, the only thing she could do to keep from looking at him again. He shoved her back with an angry glare before speaking again, "Hurry up and get back here quickly," he said before dissapearing into the scribes place of business.

Cena knew people were staring, but she kept her head down as she made her way through the market. Her white tube top style dress did a poor job of hiding the large brand on her back, but then again, that had been Horus' intention upon choosing this particular white silk dress. As she made her way to stand in front of one of the produce stands, she could feel the stares burning through her. Everyone knew she was the Pharaoh's Advisor's personal servant, but no one had ever seen her here alone before.

Looking up at the man behind the cart, careful not to make eye contact, she opened her mouth to speak. The area seemed to quiet down as if waiting for her first publicly spoken words. "May I have three potatos and a small bunch of carrots please?" she asked quickly looking down to her feet again. Her voice was smooth and silky to match her appearance, but very quiet. Possibly from the fact that she never used it, but who really knew for sure? The man never took his eyes off of her as he placed the food in her bag. She payed him quickly before turning to head back towards the scribe's place.

There were so many stands full of such beautiful cloths and shiny jewelry, Cena found herself walking slower and slower until she was completely stopped, standing in front of a beautifully decorated stand. It had golden necklaces, pearls and jewels draped around and layed across the wooden coutner top that sparkled and seemed to hypnotize her, drawing her closer until she was standing in a daze in front of the jewelry stand.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 10-14-2011 at 04:03 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-12-2011, 08:07 AM

Zahur had been lounging rather lazily near the Pharaoh, curled up in his small cat form. The form of a sand colored Abssyinian, Zahur took pride in his species. His had been one of the first cats in existance, one of the oldest species. The short haired feline purred softly for a few moments, and when Horus had left. Off to run some errand or this, Zahur jumped up and darted after the warrior. Out of the palace, things were more fun out of the palace. Even in cat form. He mewled softly and wove agily between Cena's feet as they walked. He was careful so she didn't trip, then he darted infront of Horus before circling back around to follow behind Cena. Head and tail held high.

Zahur was an important creature and he knew it very well. Everyone in the palace pampered him. He was treated almost better than the pharaoh. He followed the warrior and slave all the way to the scribe, when Horus sent Cena away, Zahur had a moment of indecision. Stay with Horus or follow Cena. He mewled softly and then darted off after Cena. He liked looking at the marketplace. It was usually an exciting area. He rubbed against her legs gently as she bought the potatos and what not. When she hurried off back towards Horus, Zahur wasn't far behind. Oddly though, her pace had begun to slow, and eventually she stopped infront of a merchant. Zahur mewled softly and gave her ankle a swat with his paw. Claws sheathed of course. Just to get her attention. Horus might get angry if she didn't hurry back.

Still, she was a slave, and Horus could do whatever he wanted to her. Though sometimes, Zahur got this odd nagging feeling in the back of his head that slavery wasn't really right. The cat shook his head and mewled softly.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-13-2011, 08:23 PM

Cena was in a daze, admiring the jewelry when she felt a slap at her ankle, she sighed. "I know Zahur, I know," she said quietly as she turned and walked away from the stand. She looked down at the golden eyed cat that followed her and couldn't help but smile, "I don't know what I'd do without you Zahur," she said as they made their way back towards the scribe's place.

She was walking quickly, doging in an out of people in the busy market when she suddenly let out a small yelp and buckled foward, barely keeping herself on her feet. She was holding her left foot slightly off the ground as a small line of blood trickled from the inside center of her foot, to the front of her sandal. Looking over her shoulder she spotted a jagged rock in the middle of the path. Of course. She tried her best to stand up straight and make her way to lean against a wall, to take of the sandal.

Leaning against the rock wall Cena sighed, just what she needed, something to slow her down in her duties. She looked up in time to see Horus headed straight towards her, looking angrier than before. Pushing quickly off the wall to stand up straight Cena looked down to the ground as he stopped before her.

~~~*~~~*~~~

It had been nearly fourty minutes since he had sent Cena off into the market place. He was finishing up the deal with the scribe, growing angrier and angrier at each passing minute. When the scribe gave Horus the estimated finish time he shot the man a deathly look. Three days was unacceptable. After a moment of arguing about the Pharaoh's wishes, Horus was pleased to find the scribe would have it done by the next evening, and even have it transported to the palace.

Horus paid the scribe and exited the business, fully expecting to see Cena there waiting for him. His eyes darted from side to side as he scanned his immediate surroundings for her before gritting his teeth and heading into the market place. He spotted Cena only a few short minutes later, relaxing against a wall. He made a bee line towards her, fuming as he kocked into people rather than stepping around them.

As Cena looked towards the ground, Horus stood over her scowling. "Need you explain to me why so much time has passed and I have to come searching for you, to find you relaxing against a wall playing with-," he shot an evil glare to Zahur, but bit his tounge. He was a close friend of the Pharaoh's, and Horus knew better than to say or do anything to one such as him. Horus cared not that he was a cat and was to be held upon a pedestal, but that he could tranform into a human and out his wrongdoings should he realize them.

It will only be a matter of time before I am Pharaoh, and I will see to it that cats are exterminated, and Zahur, will be a pleasure to do in with my own hands, he thought, not long now. Horus was still glaring at the cat before snapping out of it and focusing his attention back onto Cena. "We're going back to the palace now, my morning duties are done. I will deal with you when we get there. Walk. NOW," he said firmly, enjoying every minute of watching Cena tremble.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Zahur mewled softly and purred contently when Cena spoke to him. She wasn't petting him, but it was still attention and Zahur adored attention. To a point. Those eyes blinked, the cat a bit startled when Cena yelped, his ears flattened against his skull and he looked around, to make sure no one had harmed her. There was no one, just a jagged rock. Zahur pounced on the rock and hissed at it for a moment before the Abyssinian trotted up to Cena. He rubbed gently against her legs and purred softly.

Horus was approaching and of course he looked angry. Zahur was used to that, Horus always looked angry about something. When Horus glared at him, Zahur sat pretty, looking up at him with wide innocent eyes and meowing softly at him. Zahur purred softly and rubbed himself against Horus' legs a few times before they started moving towards the palace.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to AmaniIshtar

Old 10-13-2011, 09:03 PM

Bast yawned and stretched, her small, furred body rolling over as she luxuriated in the sunlight that spilled into the large room that was part of the temple to her. It was filled with other cats, all lounging around on the amazing pillows that someone made. Bast wasn't sure if it was the priests and priestesses that visited her temple, the royal family, or the common people. Whoever it was didn't matter. Yellow eyes glowed as she slowly grew to her more human shape, to blend in with the common people. Well not quite common as her pierced cat ears stayed on top her head and her tail flicked back and forth behind her.

Moving so she was on her hands and knees, she arched her back and stretched her arms out in front of her, purring. Standing, she brushed her dress off, free from any dirt that may have been on it. It was a long piece of fabric, connected to the necklace she wore, covering her chest, with another 'rope' of woven and beaded thread in place under her ample chest, and down to float around her knees, most of the back missing, except for down under where her tail jutted out from just above the swell of her ass. Looking around, the goddess considered where she was going to go. Shrugging, she decided she'd let her feet lead her, and she walked out of the temple, some of the cats following her.

Walking around the city, grinning as people easily moved out of her way, she enjoyed the bustle of the market. Ears twitching every now and then, she tilted her head as she noticed a yelp of pain some yards away. Looking over, she had to grin as a sandy colored cat pounced on the offending rock. It was a cute sight, till an angry male walked to the pair, glaring at the girl and the cat. That made her angry, her felines were to be loved, not despised, like that male seemed to feel.

Akila exhaled softly, watching as her husband interacted with a few other advisors and master craftsmen. It was kind of boring, and she wished she could do her embroidery, but that would be inappropriate at the moment. Especially when her husband would lean over every now and then to whisper something to her that he wanted her opinion on. It continued on for a few more minutes, then they all dispersed. Smiling regally to her husband, she stood and exited the throne room, moving to the water garden. It was a wonderful place to just relax, as she sat on her knees in front of the water. They didn't often get wild animals out here, which she was thankful for.

Accepting the fabric and thread from her servant, she began to design the fabric, a dress. Working for a few moments, lulling herself into routine, she hissed when she pricked her own finger. Dropping her items she lifted her finger and watched the blood form a ball before spilling down and plopping into the water, swirling it with color. Strange green eyes watched in wonder as the water seemed to sparkle and form a mirror, images flashing across the portal, each more confusing the last until the last image that stayed the longest, showed her husband. She was about to smile till the image seemed to zoom out and she got a larger picture. Her husband, was lying on the floor, surrounded in blood, a sword sticking from his chest with someone in silhouette standing over him. Screaming in fear she slapped at the water to get rid of the image, hoping that as the ripples cleared the waters, so to would the image in her mind would be gone. Moving from the water as the guards rushed in, looking around as if to find the threat as her servants also came in to console her.

Last edited by AmaniIshtar; 10-14-2011 at 01:12 AM..

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-14-2011, 03:00 AM

On an island surrounded on three sides from channels from the Nile river, a temple with trees around and within. A soft melody lifted through the air. In the Pre-dawn light you could see stone walls, carven with figues and a few statues dotted around. Within the center of the square like temple is a image of a Goddess, Bastet. And next to the image a figure reaching out and pulling backwards their arms across a harp.

Once the sun peeked over the eastern horizon the soothing melody stopped. Ain looked towards the east to see the sun beginning to spread it's warmth and joy. She smiled thinking of the gods ancient and new who were associated with it. Turning to the image of her Mother and Goddess Ain gracefully lowered herself onto the floor and bowed her upper body down to the ground, her forehead resting on her hands. Shortly after she rose, and pranced daintily off towards one of the many pedestals and grabbed a headdress of Isis. The way it was made will allow her ears to be hidden comfortably. Attached to the top of the headdress, running down her hair were golden strings with beads. Just before walking out Ain curled her tail around her waist and wrapped silky knee length material around her waist, tucking the end between her tail and skin. The humans did not know of her kind or any of the gods children yet. And it has been so for many centuries.

Side ways glancing she saw Bastet, behind her image surrounded by cats as always. "I'm off Mother, I hope my song has pleased you." Ain said softly as she smiled, and backed out of the temple onto a stone paved road heading east to the Market Place. If you followed this road all the way through to the end it would led you to another temple. Ain was off to one of her favorite merchant booths. He was the best when it came to jewelery of all kinds and images among other things he specialized in. Once Ain got there she couldn't help but over hear the human named after the god Horus. He was always angry, the day she'd be worried about him was when he wasn't angry. "What has angered him this time?" Stepping off to the side so people won't have to walk around her she watched intently the event between him and his slave. Ain had come to look just in time when he glared at something on the ground. Curious, she looked to see it was the palace cat Zahur. Out of the things she could do, she just lowered her brows in a barely noticeably scowl. How dare he glare at one of the many children of Bastet, and there's something about it that just boils my blood. Oh I wish I could know what he was thinking. Ain thought as Horus looked back at Cena and dragged her away, not stopping despite a odd limp.

Ain closing her eyes for a moment turned back around and walked up to the Jewelry stand eyeing a cat necklace. It was much like a miniature version of her own with a tiny cat face in the middle.

~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~~♪♫~

As always Aqer was up and ready with the sun, he grabbed some merchandise and hauled it over to his masters booth in the marketplace. Once he setup most of the merchandise in the way he was instructed he looked up to see a snake slithering in the sand between the road towards one of the booths across from him. Thankfully it wasn't anything to be worried about like a Egyptian Cobra. Aqer walked around the booth, stepping around potential buyers and kneeled down to pick up the snake by it's neck, watching as it's body curled around his wrist and forearm. Darting out its' tongue as it turned its head with what mobility Aqer left it to look at him. Mesmerized, he stood up just when someone who wasn't paying attention backed up into him pushing him onto the ground.

Careful, he kept the arm with the snake in the air. "Hey!" Aqer muttered, knowing better then to speak out. He got up to meet the one who pushed him. "It's you again" Aqer told the man as his free hand touched his face. The man grinned, and grabbed the arm that the snake was on. Aqer didn't have time to warn him, but it was just as well deserved. The snake, disturbed by the sudden movement coiled around the other mans hand onto his arm. Aqer couldn't help but laugh at the mans reaction. He flailed, and the snake dropped to the floor to slither off into the distance. Screaming the man walked into the crowd. Aqer walked away silently to see his Master. His smile immediately faded, but the humor was still in his face. "I know..."

The young man started polishing the jewelry, when a young lady in a tube styled dress came up. He watched and waited to see if she would choose something but it seems her cat shooed her away from the booth. He watched her go before resuming his duties. Once he was finished he stepped aside to let his master handle his business. When another dashing figure popped up, he put on his goofy grin and stood next to the booth. "Ah, I see you have nice taste. This one--" Aqer pointed to a golden collar painted with blues and green. "I designed myself after visiting Bastets' temple and looking at the cat statues.. I was inspired. Do you like it?"

"I do, and how much will it be? I would love to purchase it." The woman, with the Isis headdress smiled.

Oh happy days!!

Last edited by PrincessKasumi; 10-14-2011 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: minor grammer/spelling changes

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-14-2011, 04:54 PM

Nearing their end of the palace Horus looked down at Zahur in disgust. He didn't know what sort of bond him and Cena had formed but he was going to end it once and for all. Cena hurried ahead and pushed open the door to allow Horus inside. Before stepping inside Horus turned around and made sure no one was around or watching before giving Zahur a swift kick in the gut that sent him back many feet. If he ran to the Pharaoh about this Horus would simply say it was an accident, and misunderstanding of sorts.

When Cena saw Horus kick Zahur, she couldn't help but yell out as she let go of the door and headed towards him. Before she could get far Horus grabbed her by the arm and shoved her back inside, slamming the door behind them. When Cena looked up at him he reached up and back handed her, sending her to the floor. "Cena you have been acting out of line this entire morning. It's that cat, and I forbid you to have any more contact with him in his cat or human form again unless you want another branding or lashing do you understand?"

He knelt down to her level as she shook, reaching up to brush a strand of hair from her face. When she responded he ran his fingers over her mouth where the blood trickled. "Good girl," he said as he stood and stepped over her towards his bedroom. "Get yourself cleaned up," he ordered, "and help Eshe get lunch ready."

Ascending a set of stairs to his own room that overlooked part of the city, as well as the palace's water garden on the adjacent wall, Horus made his way to sit on a rock ledge of an open 'window'. The silk curtains that hung from the top of the open space blew peacefully in the small breeze that drifted through the room as something caught his eye in the water garden. The Queen was sitting in front of a part of water. Horus' lips turned up in a devious smile. It wouldn't be long before the Pharaoh would be dead and she would be his Queen. Not long now at all.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

As they approached their section of the palace, Cena hurried ahead of Horus and pushed open the door, standing out of the way so that he and Zahur could easily walk inside. When Horus stopped short of coming inside, Cena looked up in time to see him rear back and kick Zahur. Her grip on the door released as she rushed forward, "Zahur!" she yelled. But before she could make it past Horus, he had grabbed her arm, shoving her inside and slamming the door behind them.

She wasn't supposed to look into Horus' face, ever, but for the second time today she did it without thinking, her dark emerald eyes looking into his black souless looking eyes with sadness and confusion. In the next moment he struck her, sending her quickly to the floor, where she caught herself with a hand to keep from laying fully on the ground. She kept her eyes on the floor as he spoke to her, replying quietly, "Yes master Horus." She felt his fingers on her lips causing her to shudder involuntarily. The thought of another lashing or branding made her stomach sick, as he stood and made his way towards his bedroom, barking more orders at her.

Cena stood, putting the majority of her weight on the foot that had not been injured before making her way towards the area Eshe would be beginning to prepare lunch by now. She wanted desperately to check on Zahur, but knew that would be a bad choice. Instead, she found a piece of cloth and wiped the blood from her face before removing her sandal and cleaning her foot, wrapping the cloth around the wound before replacing the thinly made shoe.

Smiling slightly at Eshe, Cena placed the produce from the market on the counter. Eshe didn't ask about the mark on her face or swollen lip, she knew of Horus' wrath, she'd felt it many many times herself. Instead, she simply hugged Cena before handing her some bread and telling her that lunch was under control. They had never been close friends and weren't allowed much conversation, but they still looked out for one another when the chance arose. Cena took the bread and thanked Eshe before leaning back on the counter to get the weight off of her foot, as she wondered about Zahur.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-14-2011, 09:32 PM

Zahur had mostly been thinking about lunch. Wondering what the pharaoh's cooks were fixing for him as he trotted along behind Horus and Cena. Pausing when Cena hurried ahead to open the door for them. The sudden kick caught Zahur by surprise more than it hurt, but it had hurt. A startled yowl left the cat's throat when he was kicked, and when he landed on his side a few feet away he lay there panting and confused. The wind knocked out of him, and his ribs most likely bruised Zahur mewled pitifully for a moment.

Maybe Horus didn't like him because he followed him around too much? Slowly the cat stood, ears flat against his skull as he turned and hurried off towards a different part of the palace. All thoughts of lunch were gone, all Zahur wanted now was to be cuddled and loved. Protected and held. Who better to cuddle and love him than the queen? The Abyssinian darted through the palace this way and that until he finally found her, surrounded by servants. Zahur darted between feet until he found the feet that belonged to the queen and then he pounced. Batting at her ankle gently and mewling for attention.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-15-2011, 01:09 AM

Deciding to follow, Bast remained quite a distance behind them, her yellow gaze also taking in the lovely and tasteful decor of the palace, smiling as a few of the cats that surrounded her wandered off. Most likely in search of food, but soon the ones that left were then replaced with decorated cats, obviously the cats most favored by the royal family. Hearing a yowl, the neko goddess looked up sharply, hissing softly as she noticed the cat she'd been following skittering away, the mortal male scowling and setting his foot down, as if he'd just kicked the lovely feline.

Yellow eyes flashing dangerously, her first instinct was to go over and hit the vile man, but knew it wouldn't get the point across. Exhaling and let her anger go at the same time, she turned back to the market, picking up a tiny little kitten that was getting tired.

Akila looked down in surprise when she felt her ankle being batted, smiling softly at the ball of fur. Kneeling down, she gently picked up the cat, one hand cradling the back paws as she rested his body against her chest while her free hand petted him and scratched behind his ears. "Hello pretty. How are you?" She asked softly, shooing away the guards and the servants before finding a place to sit, on the steps that led into the water, settling Zahur on her lap. Letting him get comfortable first since she'd moved, she returned to petting him, gently massaging the area down his spine. Repeating the pattern; ears, neck, down the spine, then back, she hummed softly. Reveling in the distraction from the horrid vision.

Lady Chello
Love's EvergreenGoddess!!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Lady Chello

Old 10-15-2011, 02:09 AM

The wind blew the blazing fires that lit the darken temple walls. A slight chill was in the wind as it moved through the lonely desolated halls of the temple. Anubis himself stood in the middle of the temple as he pondered on the things at hand. The servants he had dismissed along with the guards to protect the tombs. He was not a lone however. The son of Osiris was never alone. Not many mortals dared to dread the steps to his temple in fear of him. He was feared and for reason though most was for reasons that his half brother had devised. His heart went out to the young maiden's family he had taken this morning from the Nile. She was of three summers old. He had already finished his task with her and had sent her to where she belonged and would be cared for. A jewel she was and he knew his family below would treat her with kindness as they did all souls that deserved it. He was one of the few gods that cared to lessen to the cries of Egypt. It pained him to hear his people in cry even in matters they did not understand. He had once banished himself to his temple after the blood shed that occurred. He had let his heart grow cold and turned his ear from Egypt. It wasn't until the rise of the new Pharaoh he had open his temple allowing mortals in to hear their pleas once more. He knew this would be a strange sight for all of Egypt to see. The mighty black doors open to his temple after fifty years. He waited to greet the new pharaoh and his court more interesting in the bright future the young man held for his people. The opening of the doors made him feel alive again something he had forgot in the years he spent lost in the temple. He had to admit the servants where right it was time for him to open his heart back to his people and welcome his children home.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-15-2011, 02:19 AM

Zahur purred loudly and contently when Akila picked him up. He butted his head against her chin and mewled softly, happily. It didn't take much to make Zahur happy, in this form or his human one. When Akila sat down, Zahur stood in her lap for a moment, as if deciding the most comfortable position to lay in before he laid down. His small body vibrating slightly with the intestity of his purring as the queen pet him. He laid his head down and closed his eyes. Yup. This was exactly what he needed after being treated so roughly. Though, he should probably tell the pharaoh or queen what Horus had done. Ah. Well. It could wait. This was too nice to interrupt.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-15-2011, 06:03 AM

"It will only be 2 gold deben and 5 copper deben." The blonde boy replied with his goofy smile. Ain felt around her waist for the pouch in which kept her debens and just remember she didn't bring it with her. "Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't bring it with me.. I'll be right back. And as compensation for keeping others from getting it I'll give you a tiny jar of honey." Ain gracefully backed away from the booth and scurried to what she might call home, the temple of Bast. Ain walked over alot of cats to get to the pouch, only to have it taken by a mchievious smoke mau. "H-hey! I need that!" Ain walked after the cat around the temple and out. Once she had it by one of the channels she literally pounced on the cat. "Can't play, I have somewhere to be." When the pouch was seized, Ain straighted her clothing and headdress, heading off for the market. She walked alittle quicker as to not keep the merchant and apprentice waiting. But on her way she stopped to look over to Anubis' temple. Ain heard it hasn't been open for more then 20 years. She was curious as to why and wanted to greet the God only she didn't know how and she had to get to the market.

Ain also had stopped by a farm to pick up a jar of honey. "Here you go, the debens and honey." Handing over the trading goods she received the collar greatfully. "Just remember one thing young one, If you defy an enemy by doubting his courage you double it." Ain waved slightly and walked off towards the place humming. On her way there she ran into Bastet. "Hello my Goddess, what's wrong with the little one?"

While Aqer waited for the lady to come back, he took a walk around the market to check out the other merchants' wares. He wasn't stealing ideas, but he was getting inspiration. As time passed he started to wonder about that man he had run into earlier. Aqer wanted nothing more then to get back at him, and he had done just that but it was on accident. Thinking about it made him worry alittle, people like him would be back. To humiliate or hurt him more he didn't know. After what happened would that man have enough courage to get over the snake and...before he could think anymore on the matter the dashing lady was back. Quickly he hurried back to the booth, minding his master. "You're back" he said as he took the debens and honey from her, in return for the collar. When he was going to put them away she said something strange to him. Furrowing his brows he just nodded and watched her dissolve into the crowd.

Last edited by PrincessKasumi; 10-19-2011 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: Removed divider just incase a mod would call it Flobbing >_>

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-16-2011, 01:03 AM

Blinking, Bast turned to the one who had spoken, though she continued to spoil the tiny kitten with attention from rubbing the base of her ears. Smiling gently at the hiding Mai, though why she wanted to hide her perfect feline additions was beyond Bast, the goddess still could understand, especially after seeing that horrid male kick her youngling. "Nothing is wrong, the little dear was just tired. She is still only a few weeks old after all." She replied, leaning down and pressing a chaste kiss to the furball's head. "How are you doing, daughter mine?" The feline queen asked, yellow eyes glittering in curiosity as they caught sight of the collar/necklace.

Then queen chuckled lightly at the antics of the little neko male. He was so spoiled, her husband had seen to that. But then so had she. Even after she'd had her son, she still laved attention on the sweet kitty. "You're back sooner than I had expected. My husband may not notice, but I know you followed after Horus and Cena." She murmured softly, knowing that the kitten in her lap would hear while the guards would not. No need for gossip to roam her halls, she wouldn't tolerate, especially if someone decided to speak ill of sweet Zahur. "Did something occur, precious?"

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-16-2011, 06:22 AM

"That's very good to hear the little one is quite alright....I'm purrrfectly fine I.. just hope I can say the same about Zahur. Earlier I saw the human Horus glaring at him in the market I just hope nothing has happened to him." While Ain spoke, she noticed that Bastets' eyes lingered on her hands, or rather what they were holding. She held it slightly away from her body to show her Goddess a better view of it and all it's finer details. "I had picked this earlier, as a gift to Zahur, for watching over the Pharaoh and his wife. But of course if you want it, it's all yours. It is quite lovely." Before Ain forgot she thought she'd ask Bastet about Anubis. "If you don't mind me asking. For what reason is Anubis' temple doors now open?"

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-16-2011, 06:50 AM

Such lovely attention. Zahur had nearly forgotten all about what Horus had done until the queen spoke again, still. For now, Zahur decided to keep that to himself. Horus was pharaoh's adviser, and it hadn't been all that serious, well it had hurt, but Zahur was sure he wasn't really bruised anywhere, the pain had already worked itself out and he didn't want to get the pharaoh's adviser into unnecessary trouble. That man was always angry, Zahur didn't want to add to his concerns.

The Abyssinian did stand in the queen's lap and stretch a bit, yawning softly before changing form right there. It was amazing how he could do that, his clothing, what little he did wear and the gold jewelry appearing on him as he changed. When he was done changing, he sat a step or two lower than the queen, his arms were crossed on her lap and his head rested on his arms. His ears twitched ever so slightly and he was still purring a bit. His tail moved to curl around his waist, the tip twitching slowly against his thigh.

"Cena stepped on a sharp rock today, but she will be fine. I gave that rock a good scolding." Zahur's golden eyes were closed and he spoke softly. His voice was light and airy, holding just a hint of purring undertones to it. "Is it lunch time yet?" He opened his eyes and tilted his head a bit to look up at Akila.

Last edited by Kry; 10-16-2011 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: EVERYTHING was misspelled. >.>;

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-17-2011, 05:49 AM

Bast nodded, her dark look returning, though she remained mindful of the tiny fluff in her arms. "Hopefully he's doing better now. I was distracted at the time, but I believe the male, Horus you said his name was, kicked Zahur. I only heard him yelp and skitter away. Possibly to see the queen." She replied with a light growl. Closing her eyes to take a deep calming breath, she relaxed with the exhale and looked at the trinket. "It would be a most lovely gift for darling Zahur." She smiled and nodded in agreement.

Tilting her head to the side, Bast considered the question. "I am not completely sure. I have yet to visit him, but I've heard that he's opening his heart again. Which I think will be a good thing." She nodded, hoping to remember to visit him later. Deciding to do that now rather than wait and forget later, she delicately passe the tiny furry babe over to the young Mai and set off for the dark temple.

The queen delightfully watched Zahur change, she'd always found it fascinating. Scratching delicately at the base of his ears, a place she knew he was fond of receiving attention, she chuckled lightly. She could honestly see the tiny feline form pouncing and batting at the offensive thing. "I see. Well I'm sure the rock feels very poorly for hurting sweet Cena after you defended her so valiantly." She gave an extra scratch before tapping his arms. Standing, she held her hand out to him. "I believe lunch will be soon, let us go find my husband and son so we can eat together." Smiling brightly, maybe a little forced, she was still bothered by the vision, but Zahur had helped lessen the fear. And sufficiently distracted her for a bit.

Last edited by AmaniIshtar; 10-18-2011 at 04:04 AM..

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-18-2011, 01:36 AM

The morning sun had already started to rise when Talim and her squad returned to Cairo, greeted by a troupe of dancers, singers, and a barrage of little children. They all commended the squadron on their good work at keeping a group of raiders away from the city. It truly was a job well done, and Talim was brimming with excitement -- they'd just defeated some dangerous men who could have caused chaos if Cairo's reconnaissance team didn't spot them when they did. The light-skinned girl's forces, with massive team cooperation and the strategic skill of her leader, had blown them away, killing most and bringing a few back to be interrogated properly.
Out of nowhere, a tiny child ran up into Talim's arms, the blood-related child of the woman and man who had adopted her after being found on a merchant's trade route. No matter how brutal a battle was, Talim was always mesmerized by just how beautiful and cute things could be -- perhaps, this was just her girlish instincts kicking in.
As soon as the child appeared, she disappeared, running back to her parents. Talim sighed as the wind started to blow fiercely, sending her shoulder-length, light-brown hair flying behind her. The little clothing she was fluttered in the gust, settling down after a few minutes.
For a moment, she truly thought that she could relax after the fight and just go practice in her favorite, private little arena...
But, her squad leader had called out to her out of the blue, commanding that she go and tell Chief Horus, and the King and Queen the news. Sighing once more, Talim rushed towards the great palace, hoping to find the King and Queen before Horus. She loathed the beast, and he loathed her, for obvious reasons, no doubt. Talim was once the greatest outcast of Cairo -- the only child with ivory skin and one of the extremely few who had light-colored hair. He hated her merely because she was probably of a different race of humans, and possible inhuman completely for she could summon lightening at a whim. It was something she stumbled upon accidentally in what she thought was a private training session -- Horus caught sight of it and hadn't cut her any slack since that day, constantly finding time to try and beat her to an answer as to why she had such a power that was only to be designated to Gods.
If only she could know.

After bumping into several citizens, Talim had made it to the palace, waving to the guards who stood in front and telling them the great news. One congratulated her squad while the other merely smirked in amusement. Continuing through the palace, Talim eventually spotted the Queen in the water garden and rushed to her, hoping to announce the amazing victory. However, she probably saw something that wasn't exactly meant for her eyes -- an... Abyssinian cat in the form of a human. It was too late for her to turn back now for she was in the Queen's line of sight, so instead, she kneeled on the ground as a sign of the utmost respect and said, "I'm s-sorry, my Queen, but I came on orders from the squadron leader to give wondrous news about the recent defeat of the raiders several miles east of Cairo." On the outside, Talim looked suave and level-headed, but her mind was going in circles -- What was that creature? What was going to happen to her after seeing such a person?

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 10-18-2011, 03:01 AM

Zahur purred happily at the queen's words. Smiling to her when she stood and gently he took her offered hand to stand next to her. Zahur wasn't short, but he wasn't tall either. He stood at a nice, even height. His tail swayed ever so slightly behind him, the tip of it twitching every few seconds. Zahur hoped their lunch would be fish. He was rather fond of fish. His ears twitched, he heard the female warrior before she came into view, golden eyes watching her curiously as she kneeled on the ground. He tilted his head to the side slightly. Odd that the warrior would come tell the queen news of warfare and soldiering. Something like that was usually reported to the Pharaoh.

Zahur blinked and looked questioningly to Akila for a moment. "Such things as that, they should be reported to the Pharaoh." Zahur was staring at the girl again, wondering about her appearance and also wondering when the army had started accepting females. Maybe they always had and he'd never paid that much attention, no he didn't think so. He shook his head slightly to clear those thoughts. Looking to the queen to see what she might say or do.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-18-2011, 03:28 AM

"Oh that is terrible!" She could relate in away where the growl come from. Ain thought back when she saw Horus glaring at Zahur. Ain face suddenly smiled, she received a blessing to go ahead and give the gift. Open his heart? Before Ain could think further about her Goddess' answer she was passed the delicate kitten. Once Bastet was out of view Ain looked down to the young kit and attached the collar to her arm and use her now free hand to scratch the kittens' ears. "Feels great doesn't it? Come on, how would you like to visit the palace and home of the Pharoh? And a very special cat." Ain stopped smiling and looked ahead, she was halfway there when she ran into her mother. And now she set upon that same path again.

Divine Seduction
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Divine Seduction Send a message via MSN to Divine Seduction Send a message via Yahoo to Divine Seduction

Old 10-19-2011, 03:19 AM

Isis hummed softly, tilting her head up to the sky and thinking of her own mother, Nut for a second before snapping back to reality. Her husband was supposed to some for his yearly visit, and she was excited. But first she wanted to take a bath and then tend to her people, because as a Goddess she had duties and her people was one of them. She got up from the altar, cloaking her form so that none would lay eyes upon her, she moved to the water which lay still on the outcrops of the temple. She sighed as she sank into the warm water, her body feeling slightly soothed and rejuvenated, she had cast a spell upon the water, which may have been why the Priests used it in holy rituals.

She washed the grim from her earthly body and clothed herself, her make-up appearing as she ran her fingers over her face. There was a reason she liked her magic. It was convenient, but enough of that. She needed to tend to her duties, to listen to prayers and answer them. She wanted so bad to be able to see her husband now, but it was impossible. So she set out of her temple and walked slowly through the streets, the occasional child would run into her and smile brightly before running off to continue playing. She remembered her own two sons, now grown and able to think for themselves. She sighed and could only hope for the best.

Some recognized her from the regal air she wore about herself like a cloak, but not a soul mention anything, too happy to just have a Goddess in their presence. She smiled a bit as she visited homes, of both the slaves and the normal and wealthy denizens. She helped some that had no food and others with a bit of sickness, she made sure that those who prayed and were faithful received rewards for their efforts. Nothing was more gratifying than seeing the smiles upon their faces as she worked miracles to them, but small acts of benevolence on her part. All to make them happy, she was but a servant to them in her own mind, and yet it made her happy to serve them so.

AmaniIshtar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 PM

Walking through the town once more, she smiled benignly, protecting a few small children who'd been caught stealing. She didn't like that they had to steal, but the goddess knew these kids, seen them many times visiting her temple. The kittens she'd left with them were now bigger, but still small enough to still sit on their shoulders. Bast watched them run off, shouting their thanks to her, before she started moving again.

Opening her eyes, she looked around trying to pinpoint that niggling feeling she got when there was another deity around, tilting her head when she noticed her sister Isis. Bast smiled, just standing there for a few moments, watching the other woman work. She knew the other woman had to miss her husband something terrible, but the feline goddess had no idea how to help. Shaking her head clear of the negative thoughts, she continued back on her path to visit Anubis. She wanted to welcome him back to the open air.

Akila blinked, curious why this warrior woman would report to her and not her husband. He dealt with the such matters. Studying the woman for a few moments, trying to remember the others name, she smiled softly. "I see. Thank you warrior Talim, but such things should be spoken with my husband." Motioning for the other to rise, she turned to Zahur to chuckle lightly. "It seems lunch with my husband is not to be." Turning back to the other. "Come, I was just about to find my husband for lunch. You can speak with him then." She told the other before starting to walk.

As they walked, she thought about what they were going to have for lunch, hoping the servants remembered to get some fish for Zahur. Though she was distracted from her thoughts when she heard running towards them followed by a shout of 'mother' and a small body colliding against her legs. Letting out an 'oof' just as the body let go of her to hug the neko next to her, she smiled down at her son. "Jahi! Should you be running around and tackling everyone? Its not very becoming of a prince." She told him mock sternly, hands on her hips, though her lips were still quirking into a smile.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-19-2011, 07:02 PM

Staring down at the water garden, now in disgust, as Zahur ran to his queen, Horus began to fume. He scowled down over them as the cat transformed into his human self. Only a short moment later, the warrior woman Talim had approached the queen and cat boy, causing Horus another angry growl. War was no place for women, it was belittling to all men who fought at her side. Horus hated Zahur and Talim with great passion. But then, who didn't he hate?

His eyes were dark as he watched them exit the garden. He could no longer wait to rule these people and rid Cairo of the wretched felines, Talim, and any who opposed him. The time was now. Horus stood quickly, throwing the curtain back into the empty space behind him as he headed for the stairs. Making his descent he yelled for Cena, before finding himself just inside the door of the large kitchen. "Cena, we will be eating late, I have matters to attend to with the Pharaoh."

He watched as Cena moved quickly passed him, without moving so much as an inch out of her way, to open the door for him. Following the rock path around the edge of the palace, Horus entered a side door and made his way through a long corridor and up another flight of stairs in search of the Pharaoh. His dagger gleaming mischeviously in the light of the torch lined walls as he passed, he couldn't help but reach down and pet over the sharp blade, a dark smile lining his face.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

Placing the bread quickly onto the counter behind her, Cena stood up straight when she heard Horus call for her. She nodded when he spoke and quickly made her way to the door, pushing it open and waiting for Horus to exit, before following quickly behind him. He had a long stride and was walking fast. Cena was having to put forth some effort to keep up. The tall wall that surrounded the palace was to their left. Most people would have felt safe inside these walls, but Cena had a bad feeling that something awful was about to happen.

They entered the palace through a side door and Cena found herself still struggling to keep up with Horus. He was certainly in a hurry to be somewhere... Keeping an eye out, Cena hoped to spot Zahur somewhere so she could see that he was ok, but so far, they seemed to be alone in the long and dimly lit hall. Her eyes scanned down halls that branched away from them in search of Zahur and the Pharaoh as her sandals tapped lightly behind Horus. Usually the sound annoyed him, but now, his mind seemed somewhere else.

Lady Chello
Love's EvergreenGoddess!!!!!
Send a message via MSN to Lady Chello

Old 10-20-2011, 12:27 AM

Djedkare stared out at the city as he stood on the balcony. His thoughts moved like the river as stood there. He looked from every building as he let his thoughts run where they wanted to. He squinted his eyes as he saw lights for the first time coming from the temple of Anubis. It was a sight to see. He wondered what was the reason for this and quickly headed back into the palace as he looked for his servants. He was about to yell for them when he paused and realized what time of day it was and remembered he was to be eating lunch with his family. He stopped his quest to find out about Anubis and his temple as he headed down the main hall looking for his wife. A soft grin rose on his lips as he heard his dear beautiful wife's voice and heard her scolding their son. He laughed as he approached the group that seemed to have gathered there. "Come now Akila, he is but a boy after all. You yourself ran through the halls when you where a child." He said as he gently walked up be side his beloved queen pulling her to him as he kissed her fore head. He knew it was not correct behavior but after all they where gathered with their loved ones at this time. His eyes shifted to their son as he smiled. "You should lessen to your mother she knows best. Besides if you are not careful she may let Anubis have you. " He teased as he looked to Akila giving her a smile. His eyes then fell on the warrior Talim.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 AM

Something clicked in Talim's head before anyone had spoken -- the "neko," as she remembered, went by the name of Zahur and was one of the secrets that the Pharaoh had made many people keep. She had only been to the palace several times before, and not everything was exactly clear to her. Thus, when the Queen corrected her horribly reckless mistake, the warrior's cheeks flushed just like any other woman's would. Her commander had said "the King and Queen," but perhaps she was supposed to know this herself already. "My apologies, fair Queen. I haven't -- ah, no, I won't make excuses..." Uneasily, the warrior stood up and kept her head low. Then, when the Queen beckoned her to follow, she automatically followed. "A-Ah, yes. My apologies, once again." The moment she moved forwards, a creeping kind of feeling inched it's way up her spine, and her eyes darted up to the side of the palace -- had someone just been there? Shaking the notion away, Talim hurried after the Queen, truly wishing that she had never bothered the regal woman with such matters. Making such an error in front of Zahur was also the worst way to make a first impression, and she chided herself silently all the while.

It was only several moments later that a tiny figure collided into the Queen and then made it's way to the Neko. What a childish prince, she laughed in her head. She'd met Jahi during her last visit to the palace, but that was probably half a year ago by this time. As time moved on, Talim did not realize that King Djedkare had come, and her frame slightly twitched as she realized that her stance was not at all formal anymore. Bowing slightly, pale wisps of hair covered the ivory face of the warrior. "My King, the commander of my squadron, which was dispatched to the eastern area of Cairo, has asked me to give you and Horus the details of our victory. I do hope that I am not disturbing your family with this, your Highness." Standing up straight once again, Talim retained her cool composure and tense stance.