Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 AM

I actually slept in until 12:30 today! I was so disgusted with myself when I got up. I had been awake at 10, but didn't want to get up just yet, and I must have dozed off and been out cold for another 2 hours. -_- Such a waste of time

I was wondering if the event was still up, so I got on my laptop once I woke up, and then it all went downhill from there. xP I decided I had time enough to do the avi contests, but that ended up taking all day. I hope I at least win one, so that my time wasn't all for naught.

That's wonderful, though. It sounds like you've had a very productive day. Even though you're a bit drained from it, I bet it feels really good to have gotten that stuff done, huh? :)

I've just been out of sorts this weekend. Haven't been able to work up the energy to do anything, really.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 AM

I woke up around one today myself. I didn't feel disgusted, or even upset. It was nice being able to sleep so long without any interruptions. And I had a fairly decent breakfast, too, before starting my day. I accomplished absolutely nothing, which is thrilling.

And had far too many sweets.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 08:38 AM

lol You sound so much like me, crane. xP
I ate so many sweets yesterday, so I avoided having any today.

I just was planning on getting up at a decent time and then getting stuff done today, since I had gotten nothing done yesterday. But i'm sure I needed the sleep. I have 8am classes Monday-Friday, so I don't generally get a decent amount of sleep.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 AM

Buncha horndogs in here, seriously.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 08:43 AM

Oooh. Lovely use of teal, Risqué.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 AM

0: A compliment from someone who consistently makes good avatars~
thank you, haha.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Oooh. Lovely use of teal, Risqué.
I agree. That looks great! :)

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 AM

Oh my. Well, I appreciate the compliment. I'm glad that you like my avis. ^^

You're more than welcome. I love teal, so I'm thrilled when people use it well.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 AM

Thanks Bubble.

@ Suona: Yeah, of course! You're like, part of the Mene fashionistas!
Teal is such a lovely color, I never pass up a chance to incorporate teal into an outfit... though up until recently I've been a bit burned out on teal. I'm glad that this one is getting some love. :3

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 AM

lmao Well, that's very kind of you to say

Right? It's my favorite color. I have a lot of teal shirts in rl. lol And just mostly generally blue shirts, too, since I adore blues. But I try to look for excuses to use teal on here, too. xP It just goes so well with so many things.

I get that way sometimes, too

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 AM

Yay~! Teal love. Where do you find most of your teal stuff anyways? I've been buying my own clothes for about two years and I rarely come across it in stores. There is always online but there are so many risks to buying clothes online. xD

I can't wait until summer this year. I think I will be buying lots of blues and pinks. Blue is a great color that I do not wear enough, haha.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 AM

I think that Kohl's tends to have a bit of teal. But thinking about it, a handful of mine have come from thrift stores. Much of them I've had for a long time, too, so i'm not to sure where I got them...Hmmm. But yes, they can be rather difficult to come by. I have noticed that it's become a slightly more common color as of late.

Oh yes, I don't trust buying clothes online. I prefer to try my clothes on before I buy them.

I'm going to try really hard not to buy new summer clothes. lol I already have so many tanks, and I really don't need anymore.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM

I will try Kohls! They do have a good variety, considering all the different brands they stocks.

I think that the availability of teal can be somewhat attributed to stores like Forever 21, where the stock has a lot of variety in color and styles. I love that the stuff I buy there I hardly see anyone else wearing, even though it's such a big chain. :3

Oh my goodness! I know that feeling! It can be so addicting to buy tank tops when they come in so many different colors. Curse you, Old Navy and all your different shades of green, blue, and blue-green!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 AM

I love Kohl's. I get a lot of things from there on clearance.

Definitely. I really enjoy Forever 21, too. I particularly adore their jewelry! It's so affordable, especially compared to other places. And a lot of it is very unique. Some of the stuff they have is a little bit weird for me, but I think it just takes a bit of searching to find the really good stuff that I like.

Right? I feel like I have at least 4 colors each of several different styles ><;; I can't resist getting new undershirt tanks

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-25-2013, 09:47 AM

Kohls has been expanding I think. The two I've ever been to were both in newly built buildings. It must have something to do with the fact that other department stores aren't doing as well in comparison..

Ohhh, yes to the jewelry! Do you have For Love 21 in your area? The amount of jewelery they have is amazing, and all of it is in such cute styles. I don't buy the clubby type things, but some of the more posh stuff like the fake pearls and lacy stuff always grab my attention. Forever is totally one of those stores where you find those hidden gems. <3

I loved my old job, I got to wear a black t shirt and an undershirt that showed a little bit at the shoulders, and I would always be able to match my colored tank with earrings. <3 So much fun.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:52 AM

Really? Well, they're a really great store, so I can't say I'm surprised. They have pretty clothes.

For Love 21? What's that? Or was that a typo for Forever 21?
I think the mall in the town over may have one. I've only been to it a few times. I'm trying to say money, so I avoid going. lol Yes, definitely. I got a beautiful bronze looking pocketwatch necklace from forever 21 for only $4!

Oooh. That does sound like fun! And very pretty, too.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 AM

Agreed. :3

For Love 21 is owned by the same people as Forever, and it's practically the same store but it's just the accessories. Sometimes it will be the same size as the accessory section at Forever, but crammed with more styles and variety, and other times it's huge, with shoes, purses, and underwear stuffs.
You probably haven't noticed it cause most of the time it's inside the main Forever 21 and they don't bother putting up another sign, but in some malls they have to purchase retail space separate from the main store. That's how I knew about it. :)

It's a good way to express oneself when the options are otherwise limited. Though now that I work at Chipotle the options are nil, save for earrings and maybe a necklace. Ah well~

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 AM

Whaaat? No, I've never seen that before. I haven't been to any really large towns that might have that, though. All the malls I've gone to are rather small, but that place sounds awesome! There's another store that did something like that, too. I think it's Claire's. They have a store that has more fancy stuff, rather than the toys and everything. I have gotten some really nice jewelry from there. A set of really pretty earrings I got from there.

Very true. It's a nice way to add a little spice to your outfit.
I have to be careful with earrings because I have a lot of hair and they get snagged a lot.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-25-2013, 10:09 AM

Oh yeah! You're talking about Icing! The stuff there is really nice, but the price bump is pretty significant compared to Claire's. For Love doesn't really have that price jump, but mainly because it's still mostly the same stuff they display in the main store, but with more color variations. I can't even remember the different combinations of metal colors and pearls that they have for some styles of accessories, haha.

That's when it becomes fun to put your hair back. Showing off that pair of awesome earrings you just got, or something. :3
Sucks that it gets snagged though. I have a pair that is shaped like a giraffe and it is just perfect for getting caught on stuff from all the angles.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 AM

Yes! That's it!
That's true. They are a bit more pricey. I had to really push myself to get some stuff from there, but it was actually more so my mom doing the pushing and getting me some things, too. >< I love what I got from there, though. That's really neat. I hope I come across that store one of these days. It sounds really fun to look through.

lol Shaped like a giraffe? What's that even mean?
Well, my hair is super long, so I generally leave it in a braid or up in a bun. If I have it in a bun, then I can have earrings in. Sometimes I'll wear them anyway, but just have to fuss with getting them out of my hair, or just not caring if my hair gets messy..

I had fun chatting, but i'm headed to bed now. Thanks for a good convo :)

wish

Old 02-25-2013, 10:15 AM

lol...this is like that cruise ship that got stuck out at sea~