Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 03:39 PM

My kids were a bit disappointed that we did not go all out with a basket, but there is so much stuff all over the house that I just did not want to add to the chaos. Plus, we had a ton of candy leftover. I bought them some chocolate bunnies and hid them in the house because it's still very wet outside.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-20-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmira Swift View Post
My kids were a bit disappointed that we did not go all out with a basket, but there is so much stuff all over the house that I just did not want to add to the chaos. Plus, we had a ton of candy leftover. I bought them some chocolate bunnies and hid them in the house because it's still very wet outside.
At least you got them something. :] Mom admitted to me that she forgot that she was supposed to send things. :/ She's been forgetting a lot of things like that lately.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 04:10 PM

I'm sorry. I know how much that sucks. I got to a point with my folks where I'd just buy things for myself.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 04-20-2014, 04:12 PM

Thing is here, I have very limited funds - they give me money, they pay for school... I don't work, I go to school full time, and if I try to work and go to school, I get even more stressed than I already am. :/ So buying things for myself really isn't an option.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 09:19 PM

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 09:33 PM

Full time school is very full time. I never could understand how some of my friends were able to do that and work. Absolutely understand about the budget.

In general, it's been an okay day for us. Are you back from evening services Kirin or is that later?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-20-2014, 11:48 PM

No evening services. Just an early service and regular service. Had an evening service Thursday and Friday.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 12:53 PM

it's discount chocolate day today!

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 01:10 PM

I don't need discount chocolate. I still have Christmas candy.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 02:27 PM

that's good Kirin

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 02:37 PM

Stopped by the store on the way home and saw tons of discounted Easter candy. Restrained self from purchasing any.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 02:39 PM

i probably won't either i just wanted to remind people what day it was

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-21-2014, 03:58 PM

I did get some yummy candy in my Easter basket.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-22-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmira Swift View Post
I haven't followed the show in a while after missing a few episodes, returning, and feeling completely lost. Plus, my son hijacks our TV during the day and most of what I prefer is completely inappropriate for him to watch (prime time crime dramas mostly), so I stick with a few shows and see them on our DVR or streaming video. I know ALL about the kid shows on right now though!

We have so many wafflehouses around here, it's crazy! I think we have 3 within 15 minutes of our house and another 3-4 20-30 minutes from us. They are all over our neck of the woods for sure! The one we go to regularly have people who've worked there for 5+ years. They've literally seen my kids grow up!
There was a point where I had kind of forgotten about it. I think after they get Henry back and they're leaving ... Neverland! Thought that was the season finale or season intermission or something and yeah.. XD Didn't realize until someone told us. But now, all caught up! And keeping up.
Lmao! Life of a parent~ -pats-

Homg... I wants waffles.
And dayum! Job is a job I suppose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
<3

Oh, that explains everything. loolol

Yeah, Hulu has all the episodes uploaded for Once Upon a Time.
I just hate the commercials on there... that's why I'm so glad for DVR recording.

Recently, I've finished watching Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. That show... I'd have to say had it's moments and it had its failures. I didn't really care for the whole messy true love hunt. Although, it was interesting that they ran a spin-off story from the original Once Upon a Time. It explains who took over as the "Red Queen" after Cora's mother left Wonderland from being the Queen of Hearts.

My bf couldn't stand looking at the actress who played the Red Queen, though.
The plastic surgery/botox she had to plump her lips is too painfully gaudy to look at XD

*However, the show didn't last very long. I think it ended at episode 13? And the "Hatter" never shows up in the series. The creators based it around the time when Regina's Curse occurred and the "Mad Hatter" disappeared.

Yeah. They keep making potions for everything else. That and Emma has her own magic, she could easily pull her sons memory back herself if she really wanted to. But she is hesitant for him to remember anything at all because she keeps reminiscing over their life in New York.

I mean, I get adding a new twist to Regina's past. The Wicked Witch thing makes sense. But they're dragging it out too long it seems. I still don't understand why she wants to kidnap Snows baby. It's not like it's related to her. It has absolutely nothing to do with her past, Regina or Cora.*

Def. true. They keep killing off Mr. Gold and bringing him back. xDD
I think his deaths and revivals screw with everyone very deeply. Especially since his father was Peter Pan.
I wanted to get into the Wonderland version, but it was just ... meh. I mean, neat, but it reminded me of the other one and so I wanted the other instead. Although I am sad that it got cancelled. But! One of them is going to be a regular in the main show so, that should be neat. 8D

Yeah, that Red Queen.. xD Very hoity toity look she had. Although I thought it was interesting that she actually tried to care about her subjects until Jafar was all like "wtf u doin. be evil & stuf"

Yeah. I can understand her wanting to just go back to normal since it was a good life and a hell of a lot more simple! Maybe with her learning magic and stuff though and seeing her parents and whatever, she'll want to keep in contact with them more. And it would be jacked up to deny Henry the memories of his other mom, Regina. I mean, they wouldn't be able to have the same mother-son relationship without him getting his memories back.
Anyway.. XDD

Did you see the newest episode?! It helped explain a bit. Interesting stuff to me!

Poor Gold is a damn puppet. And then the Wicked Witch was all "your son is alive!" Like wtf... NO! LET HIM BE DEADED!

----

I hope everyone had a nice Easter/weekend!

I made all the food I planned! 8D
Pictures soon hopefully.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post

I wanted to get into the Wonderland version, but it was just ... meh. I mean, neat, but it reminded me of the other one and so I wanted the other instead. Although I am sad that it got cancelled. But! One of them is going to be a regular in the main show so, that should be neat. 8D

Yeah, that Red Queen.. xD Very hoity toity look she had. Although I thought it was interesting that she actually tried to care about her subjects until Jafar was all like "wtf u doin. be evil & stuf"

Yeah. I can understand her wanting to just go back to normal since it was a good life and a hell of a lot more simple! Maybe with her learning magic and stuff though and seeing her parents and whatever, she'll want to keep in contact with them more. And it would be jacked up to deny Henry the memories of his other mom, Regina. I mean, they wouldn't be able to have the same mother-son relationship without him getting his memories back.
Anyway.. XDD

Did you see the newest episode?! It helped explain a bit. Interesting stuff to me!

Poor Gold is a damn puppet. And then the Wicked Witch was all "your son is alive!" Like wtf... NO! LET HIM BE DEADED!

----

I hope everyone had a nice Easter/weekend!

I made all the food I planned! 8D
Pictures soon hopefully.
The Wonderland version... it's more serious and frilly rather than having fun and anything really mystical going on. The artwork and the graphic resolution in Wonderland was awful... The animation was okay but it was gruff. The White Rabbit, in my opinion, was the only thing that made the show great.

But I think Anastasia (the Red Queen) still had humanity in her, that's why she tried to trust her servants and spare* some random people from their fate. Although, at the second to last episode of the series... I found it disgusting when Anastasia was making out with Jafar after he and that mother of Genies changed the course of time.

YES SHE MUST BOND WITH THE MAGIC! lol I'm glad they're finally getting her used to her powers. Especially having Regina teach her :D Although, I don't see what would make Emma want to kiss Hook? I think that was a limp noodle of an idea for the Wicked Witch to curse Hooks lips to rip away Emma's magical powers because she's not really that into him. I believe that just makes Hook suffer, not Emma :p

Yeeeep! They finally explained it... but still, she's not the first person to attempt it. Jafar and that mother of Genies were. So, BWAHAHAHA! She shall ENVYYYYY MORE for being un-special again. That is, if the story writers even mention it in the original series. *shrugs*

rofl I know. Poor thing :(

Yeaah... well, I suppose they want Emma to have a real happy ending after throwing twists/turns and trying to rip everyone apart. BUT AT LEAST Regina is finally going after her TRUE LOVE. I've wanted to kick her in the face for denying him after she realized he was the one Tinkerbell was trying to lead her to in the beginning!

---------- Post added 04-22-2014 at 11:16 AM ----------

&& Thank you ~ I hope you did as well = w =
My bf and I did go to a Family thing but we arrived late and he was the only one that ate.

When we got home, I only ate Macaroni. It wasn't much of an Easter, so, oh well.
&& OOoooo, yes, pictures! I wanna see 8)

Last edited by M i r o; 04-22-2014 at 04:19 PM..

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2014, 08:50 PM

Update on that Cookies n' Cream bunny: I GOT TWO.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-22-2014, 09:06 PM

You got two!? Gotta love Easter candy!

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 09:19 PM

Wait. What?

Was it a big Cookies n Cream Easter bunny?

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 PM

Yes, Miro, it is. And it is not hollow. I was telling Iku about it earlier in the thread.

Quote:
Here's one. The one I got last year had way more cookie in it, though.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 09:32 PM

Ooo. I think I found it -
8D

Oh, sorry. I usually don't backtrack in other threads. Especially if they move fast-ish.
But amg, you are so LUCKY! I like Cookies & Cream flavor <3

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2014, 12:44 AM

Isn't it so amazing? I didn't even realize how much better it was than plain milk chocolate until just a few years ago.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 04-23-2014, 10:36 PM

I wish I could afford Hulu Plus The only reason I have access to Netflix is I share my brother's account.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 04-23-2014, 10:53 PM

We were able to lock in a decent deal years ago. It does have the downside of being quite distracting to be able to see that many shows and movies.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
The Wonderland version... it's more serious and frilly rather than having fun and anything really mystical going on. The artwork and the graphic resolution in Wonderland was awful... The animation was okay but it was gruff. The White Rabbit, in my opinion, was the only thing that made the show great.

But I think Anastasia (the Red Queen) still had humanity in her, that's why she tried to trust her servants and spare* some random people from their fate. Although, at the second to last episode of the series... I found it disgusting when Anastasia was making out with Jafar after he and that mother of Genies changed the course of time.

YES SHE MUST BOND WITH THE MAGIC! lol I'm glad they're finally getting her used to her powers. Especially having Regina teach her :D Although, I don't see what would make Emma want to kiss Hook? I think that was a limp noodle of an idea for the Wicked Witch to curse Hooks lips to rip away Emma's magical powers because she's not really that into him. I believe that just makes Hook suffer, not Emma :p

Yeeeep! They finally explained it... but still, she's not the first person to attempt it. Jafar and that mother of Genies were. So, BWAHAHAHA! She shall ENVYYYYY MORE for being un-special again. That is, if the story writers even mention it in the original series. *shrugs*

rofl I know. Poor thing :(

Yeaah... well, I suppose they want Emma to have a real happy ending after throwing twists/turns and trying to rip everyone apart. BUT AT LEAST Regina is finally going after her TRUE LOVE. I've wanted to kick her in the face for denying him after she realized he was the one Tinkerbell was trying to lead her to in the beginning!

---------- Post added 04-22-2014 at 11:16 AM ----------

&& Thank you ~ I hope you did as well = w =
My bf and I did go to a Family thing but we arrived late and he was the only one that ate.

When we got home, I only ate Macaroni. It wasn't much of an Easter, so, oh well.
&& OOoooo, yes, pictures! I wanna see 8)
Ooh yeah! That's what made it feel kind of more weird too I guess? The animation/graphics.
Oh gosh.. I never got that far! I think I watched.... maybe... 5 episodes?
Weird and somehow unsurprising they made out though.

She must! And yesss, I like that Regina is teaching her too. And she finally got with/stopped avoiding Robin Hood.
I agree with the whole kissing thing. But I guess it's only a power that would work if someone truly loved her so Hook was the only choice. Even though Emma isn't into him, the Wicked Witch did also say that he would have to kiss her or else she would start hurting people. So, I don't think she did it out of some kind of spite for their non-existant love, just as another means of dealing with Emma. So I can understand that angle. P:

Ooh time travel attempts happened in Wonderland? They haven't mentioned it so far, I think, I mean them specifically, but they are confronting the time travel stuff.

Hahaha! I know! So glad Regina stopped being stubborn about that!

---
Whaaa, why was he the only one that ate?

Macaroni is good, you know dat. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
Update on that Cookies n' Cream bunny: I GOT TWO.
Hooo dayum! Lucky!
How far are you in eating them?

--
Food pictures taaaaim!

First, the sausage+egg souffle thing.
Click on thumbnail for full view

The mini-muffin egg stuff. Used wild rice instead of quinoa.

Breeeead!

Forgot to take a pretty picture of the lamb before it got cut so...

Messy plate of jello"shots". XD

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-24-2014, 07:40 AM

I ate the ears off the first one. So good. *D*