ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2007, 08:12 PM

I just started a deviant art account. It's here--> UnSeelieScarlet.Deviantart.Com

However, I really truly utterly fail at computer stuff. I mean, right now, my problem is that there are bumps in the pictures. Firstly, I DID try to shove this through a scanner--or rather, I got the girl that's down the hallway to help me with this. But there's no way we were able to remove the glare from the varnish, so as a result there's a bajillion little bumps thingies that show because it's on fabric. -.o' Normally they don't show up cause you're not ghettoblasting the thing with light. Whatever. She told me to take RL pics of them sometime and scan the pics in--I'll prolly do that in the future.

What I have problems now, is just how the heck to format things? How do you get Deviantart stuff to look decent? Pricing and General crap out paint i already posted in Livejournal and don't intend to change.

But..how do I get the DeviantArt thing to look semi-normal? I browsed through Deviantart stuff just now and a lot of people have really cool layouts and so on so forth for their accounts. I can't get anything to work out well with BBCode as is, but much less with html stuff...and I don't even really know what DA takes, or how to do anything with either. x_x'' Soooo lost atm.

I like DA though, because it lets me put the full version up even if it's ginormous..which may be useful later.

So I'm asking you guys, cause I know a lot of you have DA accounts, can you please help me?

Yes, yes, I know the pics up there right now are Chii and Freya, and they're CLAMP's blah blah..but that's just the most recent thing I had on hand to scan in. The other stuff I wanted to scan off my walls don't fit because I painted them specifically to cover almost my entire wall..i.e..they're like 24 x 30 inches or so. They really, really didn't fit in the scanner. x.x'

I'll scan in pictures or more paintings later if we figure out how to get rid of the glare...but for right now I would just really appreciate any help you could give me about formatting DA so it doesn't look so godawful. ^^'

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-24-2007, 08:17 PM

one:
why didn't you just put this in the last topic u started oh
1 min ago? you're spamming in this forum opening up new/unnecessary threads.

and i have never heard of DA saying an image is too large. i didn't know they had limitations [i actually think they don't]. PB allows you to have images up to 1gig in size with free accounts. just make the file smaller?

unless you want to PAY to host an image, i suggest you do that. no one wants to pay for anything they can get for free.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2007, 08:21 PM

Originally I had both this and that question up, but the first question about whether to ask someone for an approximate date on when they'd be done or not is no longer an issue.

So I deleted it.

Then that left this thread up. I didn't run into this problem till just now and that's why I didn't post the problem till just now, I just post the problems as they come.

As far as DA goes, it says basically that I need to edit it or something? I dunno it gave me a bunch of orange boxes and told me to select a different source. o.O'

I don't really know how to get DA to work, I thought you just upload it and it's supposed to work out? o.o'

I don't really want to have to pay for a place to host stuff, cause that's a little annoying with reoccuring charges blah blah.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2007, 09:07 PM

Oooooooh! It was asking about print size and said it wasn't an ok print size. XD Okies okies got it! :)

Deviantart is kinda weird. But I like it already, it lets really big pictures in. :D Yay!

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2007, 10:45 PM

Is there any way to get Deviantart to display the full image instead of the shrunken image? o.O'

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-25-2007, 12:47 AM

when you upload an image [or edit one you've already uploaded] there is a small section asking you what size you'd like the server to display the image you just uploaded. this section is circled in red in the image.

everything else is pretty self-explanatory.

btw you can edit a deviation [or an uploaded image in your gallery, they call it a deviation] by going to that image in your gallery and passing the mouse over it's left side. there a small list of options will come up, one of them being EDIT.

DA used to be a lot more user-friendly, but now it seems only people who have had accounts for some time can really understand the submittal process :s

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-25-2007, 12:55 AM

Ooou! Wow, thanks tons! o.O' Dunno how I missed that. x_x'''

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-25-2007, 01:20 AM

it happens to me a lot
because the default setting is to keep the image within 600px and i usually forget to change it

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 07:57 PM

i'm going to note you XD you can talk to me via DA if you're looking for assistance !

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 PM

hehe, definately will be pestering you prolly this weekend about this stuff.

Just during weekdays I almost never have enough time to sit down and eat dinner without also being doing some lab writeup or some such crud...So I usually don't get a ton of time to take on a new project like fixing DA stuff. :3

Thanks tons!