fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 AM

You know, those artists who you look at thier work and go, "THAT'S SO HOT!"? What makes you think that?

I'm talking solely interms of subject matter here, though - technical skill of said artist aside. What features on human figures do you find aesthetically pleasing?

I'm not talking about, like, on other real human beings, though - I'm solely in reference to drawn people. Is there a difference? Does what you find attractive in real life correlate with what you would find attractive in a drawing?

Tittri
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 12:56 AM

honestly, I love a really well drawn torso. An accentuated clavicle and a nicely toned back always has a place in my heart.

I love seeing drawings that captures a character from behind, especially if you can see the back muscles

Asham
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 01:27 AM

I... I love practically all facial features. I like elegantly-shaped faces, lips, eyes, and eyebrows...! So hot! I also like hips. Hips are so... kyaa! I love them so much!

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-23-2007, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asham
I... I love practically all facial features. I like elegantly-shaped faces, lips, eyes, and eyebrows...! So hot! I also like hips. Hips are so... kyaa! I love them so much!
On girls or guys? And what defines an "elegant' facial feature? Like, thin eyes with long lashes?

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-23-2007, 02:06 AM

on males - nice shoulders, male looking torso (not bishi.. MALE), well defined thighs and legs (none of this chicken leg crap!). as to facial features i like strong slightly squared jaws, well defined nose, and a little bit bushy eyebrows ^^;;

as to females - curves curves curves! well defined shoulder and neck. maybe heartish shaped face and small pert noses. and long hair always looks beautiful. ah and elegant thin fingers ^^

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-23-2007, 02:48 AM

Oh heck, I worked in fashion for several years. I'm used to seeing humans that look like they walked straight off the pages of some Royo works. @__@; Considering what the human body is actually capable of when you push it... there's nothing that I find idealistic that I have not actually seen.

On women I love well-defined arms, an elegant neck and just barely visible collar bones (I don't like when they protrude!) slender wrists and small hands. I prefer smaller breasts, a pinched wasp waist, and a little bit of belly pooch. *Squee* Nice round hips and thick, but toned legs, narrow ankles, and small feet. I am a little biased, but I prefer short or medium heights, not tall.

On men.. I love a toned, muscular man with a medium build. Not huge but not lean. Broad shoulders, toned back and arms.. toned everything. I'm rather partial to a square jaw on men.

Navi
Starving Artist
Send a message via AIM to Navi

Old 03-23-2007, 03:53 AM

On both males and females I'm drawn to the torso, I love the curves, the definition of muscles etc etc and if someone can pull it off exceedingly well I love them forever.

When it comes to faces I'm a sucker for noses and mouths. Eyes are nice, but I appreciate someone who can draw an attractive (or unattractive!) nose and mouth. ^^

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 04:09 AM

I'm lovin the lashy half hooded eye look XD. Its so sultry. lololz. I think a sexy expression goes a long ways towards making a character attractive.

I'm also a huge fan of trendy hair cuts. Anyone see the FFXIII Verses trailer? NOW THAT guy is HOT. *3*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSYawSLHH-M

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 04:21 AM

OMG PB *O* SO HOT *3*;;

XDD;; homg. /wipes drool/

*cough*

But yes I agree that often composure and attitude really go a long way to make someone attractive :'D...

Faces are awesome of course... if we're talking about males I like them to be not -too- feminine so I guess more of a defined jaw... determined look? D:

Lean muscular bodies are awesome too *3*... Soccerbodies are hot.

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 04:28 AM

Yeah, the same staff as KH2 and Advent Children are making this game, which is set in the same universe as FFXIII, but different characters and different story. Guh...Nomura is so talented. TTwTT

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-23-2007, 04:31 AM

mmmm soccer-bodies <3 <3 *raises hand* i agree to that one.. <3 soccer fetish

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 04:31 AM

homg 8D;; I need more info on this game now. NOW I SAY.. well not more info JUST MORE PICTURES.

Azure
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

Old 03-23-2007, 04:42 AM

• gah cant wait for FF12 comes out Dx

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirael
homg 8D;; I need more info on this game now. NOW I SAY.. well not more info JUST MORE PICTURES.
Unfortuantely, there aren't that many pictures of this game. :M Its still in the developmental stages. There have been two trailers so far, one you saw and one that was shown behind closed doors at Jump Festa ^^

We'll probably have to wait until E3 this year before getting more info on this game. :<

wow...cosplayers already?? o.O;;

@azure...ffxii didn't come out yet? o.O;;

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 04:47 AM

lol yeah 8D;; I already raped the net for images. And only found two or so that were good ;3;.

But looks awesome yes *3*

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 04:51 AM

lolz. There's one picture of him sitting in a car, which is mega hot. *3*

*shouldaa saved it*

lemme see if I can locate it...XD

shosho
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-23-2007, 03:03 PM

Wow, PB, that trailer looks hot~ *Q* <3

As for me, that "sharp" look on both guys and girls characters make them really attractive XD. It's even sexier if they have cocky smiles, too heheh. The eyes shape and style as well as a sexy nose are a major plus. Ah! Can't forget the luscious lips! XD;

I'm also a sucker for cool and weird hairstyles XD So, I guess for the most part, the head/facial area is what I'd notice first as to what I'd find as "hot" in art.

For girls, the presence of good and lean neck and shoulders (along with collarbone) is a major plus. That little "chubbiness" on the waist, too *3*

For guys, I absolutely love a good waistline and back XD; Pelvic bone love~ *A* <333

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 05:37 PM

This sounds weird but I seem to like people who have figures similar to long-time swimmers. Generally speaking, girls that I'm trying to draw as elegant come off a little taller, usually half a head taller than girls I'm doing as cutesy. They almost always look like freestylers, backstrokers.

Males I do as cute...well I don't do cute guys. I don't know how to. =P

Males I do are generally about 6 heads high; in real life guys aren't usually that way, but in anime and in paintings, they can be. I model them based off of butterfliers.

That's as far as mucles go and such.

Facial..there's something to be said for symmetry. Symmetrical is very important. XD For guys, jawline determines a bit whether the guy is more masc. or effem. Girls tend to have a more watermelon-seed type headshape, when I draw them. Their features also happen to be slightly closer together, nose and mouth a little smaller than males, eyes a bit larger. Even when trying to do realism, I tend to do the eyes a little tiny bit larger than they prolly are RL. I like longer lashes on women I paint. Hair varies, I don't really care, even short hair can be made sexy; it's in the expression on the face, I think.

Guys, facially, are just a little more square than most of the girls, and then whether you make their eyes bigger or how you do their face depends on which type you're doing; more of the bishies or more of like a muscle-serious-grumpy-type or whatnot. XD

:3 Hey quick question...do you paint your people mostly naked and then paint clothes on? Or do you just paint the clothes?

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 07:06 PM

XD I think I just paint the clothes 8D;; iunno I work really randomly so it all depends.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-23-2007, 07:08 PM

Lol. i don't paint, so, lol... I draw them naked and then add the clothing. FOr me, that helps to make folds more convinving and get anatomy right. But oh my god... those anime artists... the ones who just start out with the eyes and keep going and end up with a piece that's in proportion?!?! Oh man, those people make me go "@_@!"

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 07:11 PM

>_> I usually just start with the eyes..

I found that I have a really hard time starting with a frame...

I can't seem to get things to FIT on the frame...

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 07:32 PM

XD I start with a sketchy circle for the face then move onto the eyes. XD They're my favorite part to draw...go figure :lol: .

When drawing clothes, I usually don't draw the body first, then clothes, though I may use guide lines. But what i do is imagine the frame of the body underneath the clothes and folds I'm drawing.

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 07:34 PM

DX pudder is guideline challenged... majorly...

I can only use them to correct myself after I have most of a drawing down. I can't start with them....

Those circles people use for heads? 8D;; yeah. never worked for me.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-23-2007, 07:43 PM

i use a circle and then attach a jawline to it, haha. That's why all my heads come out heart-shaped/angular. XD;

Omfg. goddamn you people who don't need guidelines.

Tirael
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2007, 07:52 PM

DX.. it's not that I don't need guidelines... it's that I can't seem to use them properly.. ugh XD;; sounds kinda dumb but true...

I do end up with weird mistakes sometimes but I usually redline myself to fix things X'D...