HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM

I'm perfectly alright with that! :D Thanks for clarifying.
What kind of project is it?

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2010, 01:55 PM

Model something in Maya (3D modeling/animation program) using what few basic skills we've learned so far? A purple people eater is a very doable concept for me right now. ...As opposed to everyone else's robots, bowling alleys, and actual people. :sweat:

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 11-02-2010, 02:05 PM

That's awesome! Is 3D animation something you're taking just for fun? Or using towards a future career?
I am really looking forward to seeing your entry :D

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2010, 02:13 PM

ha..ha...Animation is my major, but I'm more 2D-oriented. I've never been terribly computer savvy. :lol: But this makes my project so much more fun, and I feel like good work is more likely to be produced when it's fun than when it isn't..sooo~

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 11-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Oh, that's great! Not too many people are into 2D animation these days. Do you have any works online, a deviant art maybe? I thought about being an animator once, but I just don't think I have the patience for it. :lol:

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2010, 02:30 PM

lol I really don't have much in the way of animation. I'll show you something once I'm back in my dorm. Class just ended. ;)

EDIT: Okay. This is SUPER old. It's from my last year of high school (2008) and is a part of the Rotoball project. It's made by a process of filming something, and tracing every frame. We used the brand new ADOBE Flash. My teacher was so excited that it was Adobe now, 'cause that meant we could actually have it. I guess my high school didn't want to buy Macromedia. :lol:

Last edited by HappyStarr; 11-02-2010 at 03:17 PM..

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-02-2010, 04:12 PM

I SHALL PARTICIPATE IN THIS SHIG-DIG AFTER I COMPLETE MY FREEBIES REQUEST AFTER CLASS TODAY!
The end. :) You may smack me for using ALL caps. :P

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Nyaaa~ Hamlet is Day of the Dead too!

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 11-02-2010, 05:13 PM

*chuckles* These are wonderful.

I greatly enjoyed reading Liztress's entry. It's nice to see a humorous twist on a classic bit of literature! *winks*

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 11-02-2010, 05:42 PM

I have an entry! Just need to upload it. :3

----------
Hundreds of pin pricks and cuss words later...

IT'S ALIIIVE!
Username: Kultura
Description: Long has passed since the day he died, his flesh and organs have decayed and rotted to nothingness, leaving only his bones, his bones, his dry bones. But they aren't dry, they're covered in blood.
Wait.... Skeletons can't bleed, they don't have blood.... IT'S SOMEONE ELSE'S BLOOD D:
Once chained to hell, he escaped and now plans to destroy as many humans as possible. And cats, he doesn't like cats.
Here's my entry!: http://i52.tinypic.com/2v11dhk.jpg

Last edited by Kultura; 11-02-2010 at 05:59 PM..

Arechi
Yeah, how does it feel to get a ...

Old 11-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Awww it's cute! :D

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 11-02-2010, 06:22 PM

IT'S ALIIIVE!
Username: Jesmond
Description: This creature is most commonly found lurking inside the ear cavities of the deceased, specifically in graveyards. Rotting flesh it most definitely its fave, but it doesn't mind a fresh snack now and then...
Here's my entry!: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/720/legthing.png

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 PM

IT'S ALIIIVE!
Username: Drakina
Description: These skeletal hound-like beasts are roughly the size of large dogs. They hunt in large packs, sometimes of thirty or more, to bring down prey many times their size and strength. For all that they could bring down bison, or a werewolf, they are very rarely found straying from the pack, because one on it's own is easily destroyed. Their bones are as brittle as a small bird's, so their only real defense is in numbers. The sting on the end of the tail is their main weapon, and holds a paralytic venom with long-lasting effects. Though if the prey has a fast metabolism, it does wear off quicker. They dine only on meat, and most of the time it's still alive when they devour it.
Here's my entry!: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/member...cture43713.jpg

----------

IT'S ALIIIVE!
Username: Drakina
Description: Once a beautiful, but extremely vain and mean, woman, this being is now forced to see her true nature. An old gypsy woman, only wanting to complement the woman on her appearance, was shoved out of the woman's way, and into a pile of manure. Wanting everyone to know the vain woman's true nature, the gypsy cursed her to take on the form her inner self portrayed. The vain woman changed shape in front of an entire city, the pain of the transformation causing hr to lash out with her newly-developed claws, accidentally killing several people. The rest of the populace chased her out, and she was forced to live in a swamp. She lives on a diet of small rodents and reptiles, hiding whenever anyone enters the swamp, for fear that her horrific countenance will incite an attack.
Here's my entry!: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/member...cture43714.jpg

Last edited by Drakina; 11-02-2010 at 06:40 PM..

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 11-02-2010, 07:19 PM

First page updated again! Thanks everyone, fabulous entries so far! 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStarr View Post
lol I really don't have much in the way of animation. I'll show you something once I'm back in my dorm. Class just ended. ;)

EDIT: Okay. This is SUPER old. It's from my last year of high school (2008) and is a part of the Rotoball project. It's made by a process of filming something, and tracing every frame. We used the brand new ADOBE Flash. My teacher was so excited that it was Adobe now, 'cause that meant we could actually have it. I guess my high school didn't want to buy Macromedia. :lol:
Whoa! That's neato, even though it's old!
How long did it take you? Seems like a lot of work :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post
I SHALL PARTICIPATE IN THIS SHIG-DIG AFTER I COMPLETE MY FREEBIES REQUEST AFTER CLASS TODAY!
The end. :) You may smack me for using ALL caps. :P
*whaps Neller with one of her socks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishunki View Post
Nyaaa~ Hamlet is Day of the Dead too!
Yessss, I had to. :lol:
*continues pretending this gyro is a burrito*

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 11-02-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeryck View Post
*chuckles* These are wonderful.

I greatly enjoyed reading Liztress's entry. It's nice to see a humorous twist on a classic bit of literature! *winks*
Ah, so you could see right through it. *giggles* It's a classic that I have always enjoyed. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it, Jeryck.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-02-2010, 09:04 PM

Wai~! Drakina's are so scary! ^^

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletSpamlet View Post

Whoa! That's neato, even though it's old!
How long did it take you? Seems like a lot of work :O
It is and it isn't a lot of work. You're mostly tracing frames, deciding what details to keep, change, or throw out. After that you add extra bits. I spent about a week on it. We were supposed to be working on it for an entire quarter, but silly me decided to goof off on personal projects instead until my teacher came up and was like "This is serious. You NEED to get this done. DDD<<<" Sooo I stayed in during lunches, after school and so on. It was a ton of fun, though, and in the end she was really proud of my work. ;)

And I totally wanna do it again.

Kenome-Chan
Love me as I am.

Penpal

Old 11-02-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishunki View Post
Wai~! Drakina's are so scary! ^^
the second one scares me the most

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 11-02-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenome-Chan View Post
the second one scares me the most
Yea, the second one reminds me of a tapeworm from hell!! *runs and hides*

Anthail
*^_^*

Old 11-03-2010, 03:02 AM

Loving the monsters so far
Might try my hand at something

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 AM

@Hammy
I suppose I deserved that...BUT JUST FOR THAT, YOU DON'T GET TO SLEEP IN THE SOCK DRAWER ANYMORE! :P
Don't you love me? :)

Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2010, 04:47 AM

Still working on mine~ D; trying to put together all the different things that make creatures scary. I want mine to look beastly and vicious and intimidating... because those are the things I find most cute~ >3>;

Nichi
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nichi Send a message via MSN to Nichi Send a message via Yahoo to Nichi

Old 11-03-2010, 07:46 AM

IT'S ALIIIVE!
Username:Nichi
Description: Ever wonder what was beyond that drain in your bathtub? Meet Drainog. Most people with homes infected with Drainog's do not even know it until it's too late. Drainog attaches itself to your drains by it's teeth, and sucks everything it can in. The suction is powerful enough to suck in a full grown adult! However, the only way they can suck you in is if you get within a few inches of your drain (Your foot or hand is usually the first thing to go). Their teeth are strong enough to rip through bone and flesh easily, and it's extremely hard to detach yourself from them once they latch on. They may seem small, but once they get a bite of you, it's over!
Here's my entry!: http://i55.tinypic.com/2qcjy43.jpg

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 AM

That legitimately terrifies me :shock:
*picks it up with salad tongs and carries it to the first page*

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-03-2010, 03:53 PM

ewww that looks like a failed science experiment. D;