Anetra
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Anetra

Old 12-23-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubcouture` View Post
Gahh.. I'm so jealous of your lines. Do you do it with a tablet; if so what kind? You color pretty good too. Ooh and what program do you use. ;3
This very, very much depends on which picture you're asking about in particular. Most of the stuff I've posted here is probably mechanical pencil on Bee Lady marker paper (I will never go back), with a smattering of marker, watercolour+marker, and Adobe Flash MX scattered about. The Flash work is a minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitsumi1221 View Post
oh wow! the arts on the bottom of Liliths page are gorgeous! and i love her design very very interesting ^^ and the page you did of her weapons and accessories is spiffeh! i really like her "needle" weapon and her gun is a neat design as well

awww its a pity you dont wander over to some of the other forums as well ^^ there are so many lovely people on this site
Thank you. I'm probably going to try and fandangle my time so that I can do some equipment reference sheets, maybe try to sell some as commissions or something if I'm feeling adventurous. The gun design is actually the Rhynnish Holdout Pistol from the Iron Kingdoms Character Guide (DnD splatbook).

I'm far too much of a little recluse to do much wandering, even on Gaia I only ever really wander of OGAWG when someone is holding a contest, anymore.

Last edited by Anetra; 12-23-2008 at 06:45 PM..

Anetra
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-31-2008, 01:14 AM

Annabelle Abbots, Heavygear Mech Pilot.

"Soon" work-in-progress; Lilith Aelorothi, Vibeke, Neikos.

Velatrix work-in-progress, watercolour paper.

Squiggle self-portrait.

Raesha Turn-Around for GaiaOnline contest.

Koari
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-31-2008, 09:41 PM

You are wonderful at sketching/drawing! I am jealous!
XD

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 01-04-2009, 06:03 AM

oooo that peice for Raesha is lovely, really love her char, all the contests shes done and the commissioning and still she gets so many amazing pieces *nods* its neat to see them all.

the one on watercolour paper . . . do you paint some of your works as well? *curious*

mmm not much of a wanderer myself either (actually forgot i posted in this forum *snort* ) humm gaia every so often i wander into the art shops area to splurge on myself, but for the most part i only log on to peek at the OGAWG and er.. well complete trades. not really much on that site anymore.

Menow
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-09-2009, 02:56 PM

can i see ur artshop on gaia? :]
like ur art <3

Anetra
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-12-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menow View Post
like ur art <3
I don't have one, sorry.

Anetra
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-24-2009, 03:17 AM

http://eroding.net/junks/raesha_clocktock2.jpg

"Assassination," for Raesha on GaiaOnline. Photo, as opposed to a proper scan.

http://eroding.net/junks/rivek.jpg

Rivek for Grace http://fongmingyun.deviantart.com; OGAWG Pollyanna winter 2008

http://eroding.net/junks/kalaheem.jpg

Kalaheem bin Ajad

http://eroding.net/junks/sebas_ip6.jpg

Sebastijan Kaftar

Last edited by MurasakiCrown; 01-30-2009 at 04:25 AM..

Anetra
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-26-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menow View Post
like ur art <3
Okay, I no longer don't have one. I can't say how long it will linger for. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.46787411/

Anetra
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-28-2009, 08:03 PM

wishie
Send me cheesecake

Pixel Pixie

Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 PM

wow~<3
I just love your character designs. The outfits you create are just stunning <333

AngelicCat
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to AngelicCat

Old 01-29-2009, 02:05 AM

Incredible :)

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-30-2009, 04:24 AM

those are all very nice!

However, page-stretching is bad, so I'm going to turn those IMG tags into links ^^;

Anetra
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumChild View Post
those are all very nice!

However, page-stretching is bad, so I'm going to turn those IMG tags into links ^^;
but it's nobody else's thread but mine, it serves no purpose other than to have my art in it. It's in a forum section called art post, how can anyone on a tiny resolution not expect a little page stretching given these circumstances?

Page stretching is entirely dependent on an individual's screen resolution and I'm sure many screens - including, incidentally, my own - don't show stretching at all. And I don't even keep my browser maximized horizontally?

In short, I feel your edit of my post was completely unnecessary and done for the exclusive purpose of self-gratification, given that you

a) only edited one post, when larger images exist on other pages that you clearly did not see / care to change, indicating that the edit actually has nothing to do with the valiant cause of combating ToS breaches/spam/hackers/everything else a moderator should be ... oh, wait, right. Page stretching in a relatively private thread!
b) edited out an image that had a width of some whopping 400px. 400px is stretching your screen? Or is vertical page stretching - heaven forbid - taboo now, too. Oh, no. We'd better change our settings to display one post per page.

Essentially, if my thread can't look the way I want it to then I don't feel inclined to post in it, anyone who followed it (I doubt you exist, but who knows) can subscribe to my tumblr account. This thread was nearly defunct anyway. C'est la vie.

Tumblr link: http://clocktock.tumblr.com/

Last edited by MurasakiCrown; 02-03-2009 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: Double-Post

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-03-2009, 04:37 AM

The thread is yours, the forum is not. All threads are subject to Menewsha's rules. I see other users who post large images that manage to keep within the site's limits. Posting links will not hinder people's ability to see your image. I see some people post thumbnails of their work and they seem to get along just fine.

I am aware that page-stretching is subjective. However, having a relatively wide resolution and STILL having page-stretching caused by your images, I am inclined to think that others experience the same thing, especially with my resolution being relatively common.

Self-gratification has nothing to do with this. I ALWAYS read the rules before taking any sort of "mod action" (or what have you).

Quoted directly from Menewsha's Posting Rules, under the Page-Stretching section (in red letters, easy to find):
Quote:
Any page stretching posts may be deleted or edited without consent from the poster. This also includes signatures and images.
Page-stretching is bothersome. Menewsha thinks of the community, not just the individual. Each user is important to us, but every single user is subject to the rules, and if the rules make it clear that something must not be done, then it must not be done. The rules say I could have deleted your post, but I didn't, because I don't think it's fair to do so without giving you a chance.

The 400 by 400 image was very likely a mistake; I couldn't remember the exact order of the images that were stretching the page.

I did not edit the other images because they actually manage to fit on my screen. There are some that fit on my screen in the post I edited, but because the background is white, they appeared larger on my screen. Feel free to edit those if you feel like coming back, lest I overstep my boundaries, according to you.

I'm sorry if I offended you. I happen to like your work, but tend to stay quiet in the art post forums because I have so many places to post in already. I was surprised to see your images stretching the page with the resolution I have, so I knew I had to edit your post. I edited all the links because I was in a hurry.

If you are so easily discouraged from posting the forums, then I am very sorry to see that. However, I do believe that I am in the right, or I would be completely ignoring you right now.

It's rather unfortunate that you double-posted ^^;
Private thread or not, that's not allowed either.

Anetra
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-04-2009, 01:54 PM

If Menewsha didn't display the "Last Edited by/on..." text until after after someone actually posts after you, I wouldn't feel compelled to "double post."

Posting something like "Hey X picture is kind of big mind making a thumbnail" is a polite and acceptable course of action. Going around editing stuff without warning is ... at least in my opinion, not polite at all. Page-stretching may be "against the rules," but it doesn't stretch my screen, so unless these page stretching rules have definitive maximum Horizontal image sizes - which, I checked the rules for the Picture Post forum and there's no mention whatsoever of the subject (incidentally, the link from the Picture Post rules to the forum rules doesn't work), then it's not an entirely well-thought-out rule from where I'm sitting.

"Don't page stretch" as a guideline is entirely understandable and reasonable, but I maintain my opinion that if nothing else is going on in this thread, at all, than looking at the pictures, then I see no reason for the pictures to not be in the thead.
The reason you don't page-stretch is so you don't throw text off across the horizontal pane, but there's no text here. Only pictures.

Last edited by Anetra; 02-04-2009 at 02:01 PM..

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-05-2009, 07:00 AM

I think you have an interesting point with the specific sizes. I'll bring that up.

I don't think, though, that you were justified in double-posting, because all that would do is make it worse. Would you rather it showed that you edited your post of your own free will, or that a mod (for whatever reason) found the need to edit your post for you?

Could you send me a PM about the size restrictions you mentioned might be helpful to determine page-stretching? I'd like to remember to bring it up, but it's late and I can't really do it right now, and I'm sort of scared of forgetting ^^;

ChibiMaru-Chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-08-2009, 05:06 PM

ooo...that's so cool! i luv your art style, it's something that i cannot draw even if i tried! O__O lol! keep up with the awesme art work! ^ ^ ;)