Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 AM

So, any handcrafters here? Anyone who wants to learn? I myself am very much into crafting. My chosen mediums are friendship bracelets, knitting and crochet, although I am certainly not averse to learning more.

I was thinking that crafters could gather here to talk about, well, crafty things of all sorts. Also, if anyone is interested in learning how to begin a certain craft but doesn't really know how or where to start, those who already craft could provide links and resources to help out.

Anchors aweigh! :D Some questions (remember to quote them, people):

1. What are you working on right now?
2. What are you interested in learning?
3. Got a fantabulous resource site for a certain craft? Link us and tell us why you recommend it!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-01-2012, 06:51 PM

Paper crafts for me. 8D <3 That is 3D Origami triangles. 8D <333

So to answer the customary spoons:

1. As of right now I'm working on chocobos. Yup. lots and lots of chocobos. I'll be selling them at the local con and since they were a hit last year I'm hoping the trend will continue.

I'm also working on sewing hats for the con too :drool: I hope they sell. I really do.

2. I like learning all kinds of stuff. I've dabbled in quite a bit here and there. xD Throw it at me!

3. Nope. Not really at least? Or at least not one I'm happy to tell people about. : /

WishingMoon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-03-2012, 05:24 PM

1.I'm working on a valentines bear for my challenge to post something for the holiday every day on my blog.

2.I can't say I want to learn anything more. Sculpting or Knitting would be nice but it isn't what I really want to do. Besides a "jack of all trades is master of none." I would much rather work on crochet and improve my speed.

3.My favorite book for crochet is "Crochet The Complete Guide" by Jane Davis.

Last edited by WishingMoon; 02-05-2012 at 03:32 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-04-2012, 05:50 AM

WishingMoon: Pssst, I'm happy you answered, but don't forget to quote the spoons! Don't want you to get mod-smacked. :P

WishingMoon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM

^^; Ya forgot menewsha can have a bit stricter rules for this kind of thing.

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-05-2012, 11:41 PM

WishingMoon: No worries, just a heads-up. :) So how long have you been crocheting? What do you crochet, amigurumi and such?

Seito: Got any pics of your origami? I think I've heard of it (read: looked up intensively) before: Golden Venture folding, right? Looks cool, if rather time intensive. :P

I myself am going to be crocheting a hat as a birthday present for a friend... We only communicate through e-mail, and I didn't know they had a birthday recently, and apparently it wasn't that great. So I'm going to sneakily get his address through another friend and surprise him with a nice hat. :D I hope he likes teal blue, because that's the color yarn I have. XD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-05-2012, 11:45 PM

Yup. I do. 8D <3

Golden Venture Folding? I don't know if that's what it's called.

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-05-2012, 11:50 PM

Yeah, it's Golden Venture folding. :P I guess it doesn't matter what it's called as long as you love doing it, though? XD That's wicked cool, Seito! o___o Duuuude, so many. And adorable to boot! <3

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-05-2012, 11:51 PM

xD interesting. I've always only known it as 3D Origami. But yes that's correct. xD

Thank you. I have more that aren't in that picture, but generally this is what I show to people when they ask. xD That was what I sold last year. :3

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 PM

They're really good. :) How long does it take you to make them in proportion to size?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 AM

Thank you~ 8D <3 they're so much fun to make. You can see Mr. Mayor and Vicky in there too 8D

Well it kinda depends. If I'm making it for the first time, it takes a couple days to a few weeks depending on what it is. If I already made the pattern before, it goes faster but it kinda all depends? xD

I mean I have to cut my own paper down to that size, then fold it together and then glue it and create the design :3

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-06-2012, 12:11 AM

Iiiinteresting. o 3o Very interesting indeed. So you sell them at cons? That must be fun. :)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-06-2012, 12:22 AM

Yup. I do. :3 They sell pretty decently too. I haven't made alot though for this year. I should take another preview picture though. xD

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-06-2012, 04:55 AM

You should! More pics, more pics! 8U *Mai cheers*

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-06-2012, 05:04 AM

xD Oh I have more pics if you want to see them. I just haven't taken one of this year's inventory to be sold. Mostly cause I haven't made any

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-07-2012, 01:43 AM

Ahh, okay. :) Well, when/if you do take pics, you know who to call to see 'em. :D

So I've started on a pair of fingerless gloves that convert into mittens. I freaking need them, it's so cold here, and windy sometimes too. o__o And I ordered the yarn to make my friend a hat. :D

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-07-2012, 01:47 AM

xD I'll get around to it. But I think the picture will look more or less exactly the same though? xD

Oooo that sounds awesome 8D <3

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-07-2012, 01:58 AM

Ah, who cares. XD Pics are good! Especially of crafts. :D

Yep! I have to undo a bit of the gloves, because I got confused. :P But I finished the cuff for one!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-07-2012, 02:14 AM

xD I don't want to confuse people though! xDD

YAY! Congrats! 8D <3

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-07-2012, 02:18 AM

XD Well, do as you must then. :P

*Mai bows* Thankchu, thankchu. :3 The gloves are this nice teal blue. The color makes me happy.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 02-07-2012, 08:44 AM

Maybe I'll just set it up differently. D: I hope. Bah there's just no time. ><

Oooo even better 8D Take Pictures!

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-08-2012, 04:25 AM

I do some sewing. Haven't been able to do any for a long while now though because my sewing machine seems to have decided to hate me and quit working on me and I cant hand sew worth a crap. I hate the machine I have now. Never seems to work when I need it and its always coming unthreaded.

Took a ceramics class in high school. I really enjoyed that class. Made a few nice things. I would love to get another chance to work with that again.

Been trying to learn to knit and crochet for a while now. That's not going entirely too well right now.

So, yeah, basically a random mix of things.

WishingMoon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-10-2012, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Maiden View Post
WishingMoon: No worries, just a heads-up. :) So how long have you been crocheting? What do you crochet, amigurumi and such?
I learned to crochet when I was 9 I believe. I did a good bit in the 6th grade but didn't really do anything with it again till I was in my Senior year. I taught myself how to read patterns and made a bunny from a pattern in a book. I also did a pokemon hat that was mostly from my own knowledge, only using a pattern for the basic hat. A few smaller projects where worked on as well in order to learn amigurumi type patterns.

The next year I only worked on one project. My first patternless doll.

This year (2011 I mean) I finished the doll, completely stopped using patterns unless it is to pick up a new stitch type, made two more pokemon dolls, and a million other small projects. I am to the point I crochet ever day now. Even started a blog to show my plushie progresses. Also started taking the occasional commission.

Goblin Maiden

Old 02-10-2012, 04:45 AM

Oh, I know how it is with sewing machines being evil, Kay. D: It sucks when that happens... it's like, "What did I do to deserve this? I just want to make something!"

Cool, WishingMoon! :D Link to your blog, if you don't mind? I'd like to see your crochet plushies.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 AM

I really do need to see if I can get my machine back up and running. I have several half finished projects laying around, as well as projects I want to start. I have a lot of scrap fabric to use up at the moment too. About two large garbage bag fulls, and two boxes worth of fabric to use up.