RoseMaxwell
Official Bookworm
Penpal

Old 12-26-2011, 04:54 AM

*dusts off the cobwebs* Happy Holidays everyone! Looks like everyone's been busy with life and been unable to stop in here often. Thankfully I've survived working my first major retail holiday, and have some relaxing time tomorrow before working again. Though, having nine straight days of work will be rough, but I'm thankful that there are a few shorter days in there as well, so it won't be absolutely horrible.

FakeSunShine
Loveless Angels
Send a message via AIM to FakeSunShine

Old 12-26-2011, 02:37 PM

Hello rose! yes life is always busy this tim of year. i am so glad to get school over with for the semester, all of my jobs are coming to n end. its kinda scarry in honesty. i had 4 and school and now that the break is here i have nothing. not doing mass things is a bit weird for me, though school does start up in a month so ill have classes and one job while hunting for another.
how was your holiday? did you get everything you wanted in the present department? what did hyou have to eat? did you spend time with just the imidiate family or the extended as well?

RoseMaxwell
Official Bookworm
Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 03:29 AM

My holiday has been pretty good, even though I've been a bit busy with working, but I don't mind too much, as long as I have some downtime to myself. :yes: Honestly, I really didn't have a lot that I really wanted for Christmas, but except for a couple small things, which will be gotten this week, I got everything else, and a few things I like that I didn't know about. :D I stayed home when I was off, and just relaxed around the house, while my parents went to go visit an uncle of mine. We didn't have as much food as compared to previous years, or even in comparison to Thanksgiving, but we did have ham, turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, and cranberry sauce. We've still got leftovers, but after two days of eating the same foods, my dad made a meatloaf that we had for dinner tonight, along with some mashed potatoes, and carrots.

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 AM

I'm so sorry, guys! ;a; School has been bleh, and winter break has been horrendously busy and this poor ol' thread just kind of slipped through the cracks for me. It sounds like you both had good holidays? :3

RoseMaxwell
Official Bookworm
Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 04:07 AM

No worries, Rommy! Though I've not had the same experience as far as higher education and such, I can relate a bit to being super busy. This past week I've been busy working every day, but thankfully I only have two more short days until I'm off for a couple days. As much as I'd love to sleep all day while enjoying my first day, there's lots of stuff I need to do that has been neglected over the past couple weeks. Especially where it concerns cleaning my room, and washing my bed-sheets. :gonk:

Otherwise, I think I need to find another job, whether another part-time one, or something else entirely, but either way, I'm barely making enough money to survive the minimized bills I have, and have to rely on my parents for gas money sometimes. =/ Not that I've had a whole lot, at least compared to how much running around for my sister and my Dad I've done since May especially, or even just in the last three months. But, somehow it will even out, I'm sure. I should still start looking, just to see what's out there anymore, as I've kind of stopped since I started working again. :sweat:

Iltu

Old 01-04-2012, 05:27 AM

I can imagine, what with the holidays and all! :gonk: Ugh man, that really stinks. Especially since there's always so much housework that gets neglected when you're busy. And then you think you have free time, but really, you have to catch up on cleaning and laundry.

What sort of job do you think you'll be looking for? I've got to get a job, myself. Not sure how well it will work with all the classes I'm taking, but we'll see.

Wheeee, this is unrelated, but I am happy because I just found out that my Monday-Wednesday-Friday classes are at super convenient locations. :dance: I've got four classes back to back with ten minutes in between each one, but the first two are in the same building (I go down one floor for the second class) and the second two are in the building just across the way and are in the same room. And my Tuesday-Thursday classes are only a few minutes walk from one another, so that's not bad. That means minimal tromping about in the cold! Yay!

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 01-04-2012, 10:14 PM

/peeks in/
Weeeeeeell, I haven't been in here a long time...

Iltu, lookin' gooood!

Iltu

Old 01-05-2012, 12:09 AM

*struts for Hatakitty* You know how I do! *runway diva walk*

No, seriously, thank you!

How've you been? Has school started again?

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 01-05-2012, 12:29 AM

/clapclapclapclap!!

I get back on the 7th. I really should start packing. xD But I don't want to pack! Such a pain!!
Currently trying to adjust to new glasses.
Don't know if my eyes are just too used to old glasses, or if new glasses are wrong.
/squint/

How be Iltu besides being good lookin'?

Iltu

Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 AM

I didn't pack until the day of I went back. SUCH A BAD CHOICE. :gonk: And now I really need to finish unpacking....
Blerg, new glasses aren't fun to get used to. I always feel everything looks weird for a while. Hopefully you're just too used to the old ones, yeah? When did you get the new ones?

What classes will you be taking this next quarter/semester?

I'm tired, mostly. :XD And trying to write a page describing a tree. I'm almost 3/4ths done. Not the most fun creative writing assignment ever...

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 AM

I WILL PACK... Tomorrow!
:lol:
Yeeeeah. I got my glasses like 2 hours ago? 3 hours? So I have time. xD

I'll be taking Chemistry, Computer Graphics Technology for Civil Engineers, Engineering, Calculus 3 (multivariate), Engineering Projects in Communities, and Communications. That should be it.

.... Eeeeew. I remember stuff like that. After Communications, which is basically speeches, I HAVE NO MORE ENGLISH YAY~

Clorissa
I'm a little teapot short and st...
Send a message via AIM to Clorissa Send a message via MSN to Clorissa

Old 01-05-2012, 02:50 AM

Hiya guys..
Back from another notorious hiatus.. Hopefully I'll be able to get on here a lot again for quite awhile.
HOW HAVE YOU ALL BEEN??+

Iltu

Old 01-05-2012, 03:37 AM

Hatakitty- I'm going to pester you until you do! :illgetu:

You make me feel so... undereducated. :XD Good luck with all your classes! Sounds like a heavy load.

Haha, it's for a creative writing course, and the later assignments on the syllabus seem more fun. We had really fun assignments last quarter though. Like, "This man loves this woman. You have two pages to prove it without using romance cliches." So... describing a tree didn't really measure up to that. :roll:

Hey Clorissa, welcome back! :D It's good to see you.
I've been busy with general life, but other than that, pretty good! :> What about you?

Clorissa

Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 AM

Thanks Iltu, good to see you too dear!
I have been as well, I have a job now and stuff.. It's pretty cool :D. I'm relatively happy with the way things are going :)

How have things been here since Ive been gone? I think I stopped coming on around May..

Iltu

Old 01-05-2012, 04:12 AM

Sounds like you're liking the job, glad to hear it! What sort of work is it?

Well, this thread is just slowly coming back to life this last week or so. All the regulars have been either on hiatus or just freakin' busy. So you picked a good time to return, really. :yes:

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 01-05-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iltu View Post
Hatakitty- I'm going to pester you until you do! :illgetu:

You make me feel so... undereducated. :XD Good luck with all your classes! Sounds like a heavy load.

Haha, it's for a creative writing course, and the later assignments on the syllabus seem more fun. We had really fun assignments last quarter though. Like, "This man loves this woman. You have two pages to prove it without using romance cliches." So... describing a tree didn't really measure up to that. :roll:

Hey Clorissa, welcome back! :D It's good to see you.
I've been busy with general life, but other than that, pretty good! :> What about you?
:gonk:
FINE, I won't nap. I'll pack before I leave at noon!

Whaaaat. I'm not even the craziest freshmen. Some people had enough AP/ IB credits to become like... second semester sophomores. xD And... It's.... Not thaaaaaat bad? I managed last semester with pretty much the same load? Ish?

Oooooh, I like creative writing~!! And goooood, without using romantic cliches? I don't even knoooow all the romantic cliches. :gonk:

Clorissa

Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 PM

:D Well isn't that convenient?!
~ I'm super glad I came back when I did then!

And I work for my town's University's dining services. I serve college kids at the UC, and wash dishes too. Its a lovely job.. my coworkers are all awesome, as well as the work not being too hard. Pay is horrible, but I don't care, I make enough to keep myself going as well as save a little, so its all gewd.

What have you been al busybusy with?

Iltu

Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 AM

Hatakitty- Hope you got all packed and got back to school safe and sound and such!

It sounds like shenanigans to me- I am horrible at math and everything engineering majors take I am just like, "Holy god I could not do that that would be so hard how." But I'm glad it's not thaaaaaaaaaaat bad. XD

We made a big list before the end of class. Like, no sappy dialogue, no roses, no romantic beach walks, no candles, no romantic music, etc, etc. We had a huuuuuge list. I probably managed to make mine still full of all the ones we didn't list.

Clorissa- I'm glad you like it! I don't think I'd do very well in the same line of work. :B I feel like I'm not quick enough or socially adept enough to work in a dining hall, haha.

Just school, and then the holidays, and now school again. it's been pretty fun, though!

RoseMaxwell
Official Bookworm
Penpal

Old 01-06-2012, 03:32 AM

@ Rommy: Today, my first day of being off and wanting to do nothing, turned into doing errands and a bunch of cleaning, which also included taking down the Christmas tree. I had hoped to only have to go one place today, but ended up going to three different places, though thankfully it was all combined into one trip. Then once I got home, it was time to take down the tree, and then clean up the mess, because even though it was an artificial tree, it still makes a ton of mess when putting up and taking it down. :gonk:

As far as jobs, I'm not exactly sure what I'll go for, but anything I can be even halfway qualified for, I'm gonna try and apply to. :yes: Plus, I literally just found an application I had printed out months ago for a position with the county health department where I live. I think I should fill that out soon and send it in. :sweat:

As for tomorrow, my second day off, it looks pretty much like today, though in a different scene/context, I guess. :XP

Iltu

Old 01-06-2012, 11:59 PM

Max- Icky! :< Did you at least get some relaxation time in today? I luckily got out of most of putting up and all of taking down the tree, since I live in a dorm, so that was nice for me. :lol:

Whatever you apply to, best of luck! I hope it goes well. :3

RoseMaxwell
Official Bookworm
Penpal

Old 01-07-2012, 06:35 AM

Yeah, a bit more relaxation time today, even though I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted, but my next day off isn't too far away this week. :P I'll certainly make sure that I get some more relaxation time on Sunday, since we don't have as much running to do, usually. After having two days off and being able to sleep in a bit, having to go back to work tomorrow is not high on my list of things I want to do, but it's necessary. Thankfully over the next couple weeks, my longest stretch of working four days in a row, at tops. I've got a couple early mornings thrown in over the next couple weeks, which I really would rather not have, but I'll just have to deal with it and make sure I get to bed at a decent hour, so I can make sure I can get up on time.

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iltu View Post
Hatakitty- Hope you got all packed and got back to school safe and sound and such!

It sounds like shenanigans to me- I am horrible at math and everything engineering majors take I am just like, "Holy god I could not do that that would be so hard how." But I'm glad it's not thaaaaaaaaaaat bad. XD

We made a big list before the end of class. Like, no sappy dialogue, no roses, no romantic beach walks, no candles, no romantic music, etc, etc. We had a huuuuuge list. I probably managed to make mine still full of all the ones we didn't list.
I'm safe! Tons of work, but... yeah...

I managed to get into the Honors Engineering program, so now I'm taking Honors Multivariate Calculus and Honors communications and not taking Computer Graphics Technology. It's meeeeeeeh....

(Daffodils are so romantic, personally. Favorite flower~~) Romance has been done forever, so it's hard to be completely original.

RoseMaxwell
Official Bookworm
Penpal

Old 04-10-2012, 06:14 AM

Much too tired to actually do any cleaning in this thread, but at least I can dust off a cushion and claim it once more. :yes:

Iltu

Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 PM

Thank yoooooouuuuuu! *lays on floor and pats the thread* Ugh, I hope I can get this poor thing up and running again once summer hits.