Ayashi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2007, 04:17 PM

Chapter 1

Corec ran with quick booted feet through the forest of Endeana. Harsh ugly clouds were already filling the sky overhead as a loud wind began to whistle. Corec knew what had happened, they had found out, they knew that their precious Stone was gone. All they needed now was to find who did it and this thief knew that The King of Endeana would not let anything or anybody go unturned.

Corec stopped at the edge of the forest; deep blue eyes gazed out from underneath a large black cloak that covered the whole body. A cuss sounded from beneath that cloak as a large eagle flew overhead and Corec had to duck deeper back into the trees as to not be seen. Even the eagles weren't to be trusted. The folk of Endeana could easily shape shift or scan the mind of the bird to see if it had seen anything. Someone was probably using it now; scanning the area, looking for a Thief who dared to steal from a King.

Corec crouched low to the ground a gloved hand moving to push a branch out of the way so the clearing up ahead could be seen. The eagle was now gone but still things didn't seem right. Slowly Corec moved out from underneath the cover of the trees and swiftly began to run across the clearing. More then half way across the open field Corec began to feel sleepy and tired; the run had become a slow walk. Corec tripped and fell down into the bed of flowers the cloak coming free to reveal her feminine features; quickly she got up and pulled her hood forward, coughing as what seemed to be dust got into her lungs. Slowly she looked around the clearing at the soft blue coloured flowers. Corec's eyes widened, as she looked closer at the flowers and a cuss sounded from underneath the cloak once again. She had been tricked. The flowers had been polluted with magic sleeping powder, which became active as someone or something moved through it, disturbing the pollen, making it rise up into

the air and around that person, making them sleepy. Corec blinked her eyes as she heard the distinguishing sound of an eagles cry as it moved through the air above her, it had spotted her and that was for sure. She stumbled through the rest of the field and into the edge of the forest. Fortunately for her a novice wizard had cast the spell upon the flowers or she would have been out cold before she had even reached the middle of the field. She rested her hand against a tree, knowing that she couldn't stop because now that she had been seen everyone within Endeana would be after her and there would be no place that this thief could hide...no place within Endeana anyway.

Hurriedly Corec made her way through the forest. She had no time left to be quite or to seek around she had to go as fast as she could because now that she had been seen a wizard or mage could show up anytime and she really couldn't spare the time to fight it out with any of them. So she moved faster and in her haste she stumbled and fell forward, landing heavily on the ground.

Grunting softly Corec moved to her knees, her hands moving inside her cloak, feeling for something. Quickly she pulled out a bundle about the size of a small melon, she didn't unpack it but felt around the cloth to make sure it wasn't broken or damage and when she was sure it wasn't she stuffed it back into her cloak and hopped to her feet. Immediately she was aware that someone was watching her, slowly she turned to the right her emerald green eyes narrowing as she looked out into the forest, how far way was she from the ruins? Could she make it in time before they caught her? She would have to try because she could not risk getting caught; if she was caught her life would quickly or worst yet slowly come to an end.

Before she would let herself think of anything else she was already running. Her feet banged loudly against the soil as she ran as fast as she could, her breath began to come in short bursts. Corec could hear the person who had been watching her running behind her and for a quick second thanked the goddess that it wasn't a mage. She sped up her run as much as she could but her legs had begun to ache and she had a horrible pain in her side. Just when she thought that she might not be able to out run the person following her, the woods opened up and there in front of her stood the ruins of Eilan.

A triumphant smile spread across her face as she stumbled into the centre of the ruins, turning to face the person that was following her. As she turned and looked at the person, her face underneath her cloak went unbelievable white; it was Talenos, the best tracker in all of Endeana. How had she outrun him? Had he seen her face when she fell in the field? Corec watched as Talenos stopped just outside the ruins, his light brown hand moving to the short sword at his waist. As he spoke his voice sounded ruff and winded,

"I have not seen someone run so fast in all my life but then I'm sure...you have a very good reason to run...you will now come with me Thief and pay for what you have done." Corec could not believe the words, maybe she had run faster then she had thought but did he think after all that she would just go with him? Softly she whispered from underneath her cloak, her voice sounding neither female nor male,

"You will not stop me, I must do what I have come to do." Talenos eyes narrowed as he glared at her and slowly he pulled the sword from it sheath at his side. The metal of the sword glittered in the bright sun and anyone who knew magic knew at once that it was enchanted. Corec moved quickly her hands reaching into her cloak and swiftly pulling out the wrapped bundle, she let the cloth fall away and there stood in her hands, the Crystal of Endeana, its magic song sounding loud in her ears. Corec's feet shifted to brace her self as she raised her hands in an arch above her head. Talenos realizing what was about to happen stepped into the circle of the ruins his voice rising to be heard above the music of the crystal,

"No! You dare not! YOU can not!!" Corec's eyes glazed over as she felt the magic of the Crystal wash over her and as she spoke you could hear the power in her words,

"I do and will...Gates of Time and Eternity grant my request for I favour the Safety of Endeana and do Her biding!!" The crystal began to glow a deep green, the light washing over Corec as she held it. She watched as Talenos tried to move forward, his lips moving in a scream that she could not hear. Corec's back arched as her head tilting backward the magic of the Crystal moving through her. Suddenly four figures appeared on four large stones of the ruins, each moved their hand out to stretch over the circle of ruins. As they spoke the Endeana Crystal began to glow even brighter,

"Corec Vortimer, we have heard your plea and recognize it, safety shall be yours...for our Mother Endeana." The voices faded out and a light appeared from all four hands and began to build up in the centre of the ruins above the Crystal. Corec's head fell forward as a surge of magic moved through the crystal and up to join the light above it. Corec clutched her teeth and held tightly to the crystal as magic poured out of it. She could see Talenos his sword drawn trying to move forward but the magic of the crystal kept forcing him to his knees. Finally a bright flash or light and magic came from the crystal and as it joined the light and magic of the four hands a large green hole appeared above the ruins and again the voice of Four was heard,

"Safety to Endeana and Hers through the Gate of Time and Eternity, travel well Corec Vortimer," Before Corec could say or think anything else the four hands moved downward and with them the green circle, engulfing all within the Ruins of Eilan sending Corec and enviably Talenos who was inside the circle to a different time and place but Corec could only Hope that she would be safe, for within Endeana there are always ways to find those who do not want to be found, even in a different time and place.

Ayashi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-18-2007, 04:17 PM

Chapter Two.

Corec screamed as she fell through the green void, her body spinning out of control as she tried to hold onto the Crystal but that would seem to be an impossible task for the next thing she felt was a crushing blow against her back and a piercing pain in her shoulder. Her eyes widened in fear and pain as the Crystal slipped out from between her fingers and away from her. Corec twisted her head only to see Talenos against her back, his sword piercing her shoulder.

She watched as a menacing smile appeared on his lips as he pulled the sword from her flesh and moved for another blow. Corec twisted her body and grabbed Talenos foot, pushing her self away from him in a crazy spin. Wincing in pain Corec stretched her arms out away from her body to try and slow down as she scanned the void for the Crystal, where was it? Could they even exit the void without it? Where would they go without a mind to guide it? Corec's eyes moved to Talenos as he neared her once again but before he could reach her an unexpected wave of magic slid through the tunnelled void and both were thrown wildly through vortex only to be pushed out of it all together. Corec watched the terrified look on Talenos face as his body was pushed through the wall of the vortex by the wave of magic and she imagined that her face had a similar look upon it as she was thrown from the void.

Corec could feel her body being thrown through the air and suddenly smashing against something hard, the pain that went through her body possibly worse then anything she had ever felt. Corec slide down the structure as her vision went black, her body shutting down from the immense physical torture it had went through.

When next she opened her eyes she could hardly move, the room she was in was extremely white almost to the point were one could think it was winter. Her body hurt so much she thought for a second that she might be better off if she had not woken up at all. Groaning softly she turned her head to the right and looked out into a hall, people...or something like people continually moved through them. All seemed to be dressed oddly and she wondered what kind of world she had been thrown out into.

Clenching her teeth tightly Corec sat up and as she did her body screeched out in protest making her scream out in pain as she fell forward. Before she could try and move again she heard quick steps entering the room and then what sounded like a female voice,

"My God, are you ok? You shouldn't try and move yet, your body is still recovering, when we found you, you were very beaten up." Gently the persons hands gripped her shoulders and began to sit her up, they placed pillows behind her back and laid her against them. Corec looked up at the young girl standing before her, and slowly looked her over, she had plain brown hair, grey eyes and her skin was very pale, she wasn't small or big, but rather medium. She was dressed in light green pants and shirt, which did not show much of her figure. As Corec brought her eyes back to the young girl's face she noticed that the girl seemed to be blushing under her gaze and hastily asked the girl a question as she shifted against the pillows,

"Where am I?" The girl seemed to quickly recover as she smiled,

"You are at The Marlborough Hospital." Corec stared at the girl blankly,

"Where?" The girl frowned slightly,

"Marlborough Hospital, in Marlborough England." Corec continued to give the girl a blank stare and shook her head slightly. She was where?

The girl in turn stared at Corec waiting for some recognition to cross her face and when Corec just stared at her, not seeming to see her; she jumped up and left the room saying she was going to get the doctor. Corec turned her head to look out the window, where in the world had she been sent too? Was the Crystal here as well? Talenos too? She bit her bottom lip as she continued to look out the window, if the crystal wasn't here how was she going to get back to Endeana? Could she even go back there? She had too, she had to save it, and the only reason she left was so that she could make a plan without being hunted, it would be much harder to hunt her if she wasn't in Endeana. She had to stop the evilness that was going on there, the evil that only she and a few people knew about. Closing her eyes she raised her hand to her forehead and sighed deeply, she was grateful when her body didn't protest at the movement. She usually healed quickly but getting stabbed by an enchanted

sword and then the throw from the void, it was taking her body much longer to heal itself.

Once again she heard hurried footsteps and looked towards the door, in came a man with a white jacket, he was supposedly the doctor. Corec stared at him and he stopped in his tracks, apparently stunned at what he saw. The girl beside him smiled slightly and pushed him forward saying,

"See, told you. This is Doctor Mclaney." The Doctor smiled at Corec and stepped forward and sat on the edge of her bed, continuing to blandly staring at her.

"Victoria, told me that you had woken up and could not remember anything, I came here as quick as I could." Corec nodded slightly as he began to check her pulse and forehead and she wondered what he was doing. She hadn't told the girl that she didn't remember anything. Corec frowned as she realised that because she had not known what the girl, Victoria had been talking about she had assumed that Corec couldn't remember anything about what had happened to her. Corec shifted in her bed and was relived at the fact that her body did not hurt anymore, as she shifted she asked the doctor,

"How long have I been here?" Corec watched as the girl and the doctor exchanged glances. The doctor cleared his voice and looked back at her,

"Well, you have been here around three weeks now." Corec stared at the man disbelieving...three weeks?

"When they found you, you were in very bad condition. They didn't know if you had been attacked or something else had happened but Avebury didn't have the medical equipment to treat you so you were brought here. You've seemed to be in a coma ever since today." Corec clenched her teeth in frustration, three weeks! Had Talenos sword done that much damaged? Did the same thing happen to him or had he been searching for the crystal the last three weeks? Had he found it? Hundreds of questions fly through Corec's head until she they were interrupted by the doctor.

"The people that found you didn't find any ID so we don't know your name and couldn't contact your family, if you tell us now we can call and inform them. I'm sure they are very worried." Corec turned to look out the window; she didn't know what to tell him, he couldn't know the truth, so she only told him as much as she could without spinning a web of lies.

"My name is Corec and that is all I can remember." Once again the girl and the doctor exchanged glances but before they could say anything else Corec had pulled back the blankets and was on her feet beside the bed. Both Victoria and the doctor jumped to their feet exclaiming worriedly,

"What are you doing?"

"Watch out, you aren't better yet, and you could re-injure yourself."

Corec glanced back and forth between the girl and Doctor,

"I am perfectly fine but I must be going, I can't stay here any longer." Corec turned looking around the room for her clothing; she could not leave this place wearing a white robe. "Where are my cloths?" Corec turned to look at Victoria and the Doctor. The doctor shook his head,

"Corec, you can't leave. If you can't remember who you are and who your family is, where are you supposed to go? It would be illegal for us to let you leave the hospital. You could be a danger to others and yourself." Corec's eyes narrowed slowly as she looked at the doctor, he would not let her leave? She would Make him let her leave, she had to find the Crystal, she had to save Endeana but before she could do or say anything stupid, the young girl Victoria stepped forward,

"She can stay with my family Doctor Mclaney, it wouldn't be any trouble since my Mother owns an inn, there would be plenty of room for Corec," Victoria smiled and moved to a dresser and removed Corec's cloths and handed them to her, "they were in pretty bad shape, much like you so we had them washed and fixed." Corec smiled slightly as she took the cloths from the girl and swiftly began to undress, both Victoria and the Doctor quickly turned around to avoid looking at her. Corec's smile grew bigger as she seen this and promptly stopped herself from laughing. She pulled on her brown soft leather pants and shirt, tucking it into her pants. She took the small string of black velvet and pulled her black hair, hair that in the sunlight of Endeana was a forest green and put it up into a ponytail. Last she pulled on her dark brown boots. Corec stood up and made an a-hem sound so both the doctor and Victoria would know she was finished. Both of them turned around and both stood and

stared at her, Corec wondered what they say that made them continually stare at her in amassment and awe. Corec smiled at the two,

"Can we leave now?" Hurriedly Victoria nodded her head,

"Yea, I'm off duty now so we can go, just let me go change." Victoria left the room and seemed to be back within a matter of minutes, now dressed in blue jeans and a white t-shirt. Victoria talked to the doctor before they left, he said if she had any problems to call him at once and he would be there. She told him that she would.

Corec walked in silence beside Victoria as they left the hospital, people continually stopped to stare at her and she decided that she must find a mirror at once to see what fascinated them so much. Victoria smiled at Corec as they walked on, "You'll love it at my Mothers Inn, its very beautiful, and you can do almost anything there." Corec nodded politely to her in response, if she could find out where she was found and then maybe she might be able to find the Crystal.

Corec stopped as they stepped from the hospital to outside and she slowly looked around. Was Talenos out there? Was the Crystal? Was she already being hunted in this world? She had already lost so much time. Corec stared out onto the new world and wondered...could she save Endeana?

Victoria called to her and she hurried off to follow her, at least she knew someone...maybe if she were lucky Victoria would be able to help her.