DeniedUltraSex
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to DeniedUltraSex

Old 04-09-2007, 02:35 AM

If you ever read through that, what do you think so far? O_o''
I know I write a lot. But I can't help it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was a pleasant enough evening to go out. Or at least that's what Shiki thought. It wasn't too cold; it was just one of those chilly days that nipped at your ears and nose. Grabbing a scarf, he headed out into the city for a hopefully satisfying stroll.

It's not like he had anything in particular to do, or that needed tending to. He just felt he needed to straighten out his rather mixed up thoughts and feelings.

Stepping out onto the cold cement, the ice made an uneven scraping noise. Annoyed by the insignificant sound, Shiki turned up the volume on his ipod. His music was now blaring into his sensitive ears, but despite this fact he refused to turn down the volume to hear all the familiar yet muffled city noises.

He must have lost track of time, since he seemed to already be surrounded in the streets, flourished with people. But to be completely honest, time didn't exactly concern him in any way. It's not like his life was wasting away; since he would never cease to exist in this world. Although he did wish for moments like this; where he could lose track of time, and ignore the smell of every individual persons’ distinctive fragrance. He knew what he truly was. That's what bothered him most.

"It's a good thing I'm not hungry." He murmured softly with pure confidence in his own mental and physical restraint.

As he continued on down the streets he passed many of his favorite and acclaimed concession stands. Suddenly craving a hot dog, he walked up to an unfamiliar small stand, having to duck slightly to fit under the rather stubby umbrella. It was sad that most stands these days didn’t have your typical hot dog. They all seemed to serve more extravagant foods.

"Uh, hi. I would like a hot dog please." He said a bit too quietly even to his own ear, although the girl seemed to hear him just fine.

"Would you like anything on it?"

"No, just the bun and dog please." He smiled lightly as she presented him with the dog.

"Keep the change." Shiki said trying to sound as sincere as possible. He wasn't sure if she smiled back though. He probably turned too fast to see her reaction.

"Darn my fast reflexes." He whispered, knowing he was must more fluid in his movements than any human.

Shiki ate the hot dog quickly, even though it burnt his tongue and throat. It didn't bother him at all, since he would simply heal anyways.

After a long while of walking Shiki felt his limbs stiffen. He marveled at how much legwork he must have done by now; the streets and avenues he didn't recognize. It does take a lot of walking to make any vampire tired, even he knew that. Sitting down on some low steps which lead to a basement level candle shop, he let out a fatigued groan.

"I can't even smell stupid candles!" He yelled fiercely at the sign. Although he knew the sign had no feelings, nevertheless he felt the urge to do so.

"Really? What's wrong with your nose?"

Startled Shiki turned around to face a rather tall boy. But Shiki knew the boy wasn't probably as tall as he seemed. It was just the angle Shiki was sitting at.

"Uh, no. My nose is actually very sensitive." Shiki stated proudly, only to notice the contradiction shortly after. He mentally kicked himself for his idiocy.

"Hmmmm?" The boy rubbed his chin, apparently in deep thought.

"You don't make much sense." He said laughing softly under his breath, while taking a seat next to Shiki. Shiki was expecting a more witty or clever answer, and suddenly felt annoyed by the boy's presence. Shiki did feel rather stupid; only noticing once the boy sat closely he gave off no blood-like smell.

Even though Shiki was confused by this, he knew if the boy wasn't a vampire that he'd risk everything by asking him, why he had 'no scent'. But this would probably explain the reason why Shiki was startled by him. It's hard to startle a vampire when they can smell you coming from a mile away.

Shiki suddenly felt nervous, and awkwardly alert. 'Why wouldn't this boy be giving off a scent?' Shiki thought troubled. He thought diligently about how to ask of it, but frankly his mind was in hibernation mode. Plus, it was hard for him to think while listening to the boy’s candy-coated talk of his mother, family and friends.

The boy invited him to visit the candle shop again, which the boy’s mother seemed to own, and although Shiki was hesitant, the boy was very benevolent. The boy was also very enthralling; even though he had a rather feminine face. But despite that he was masculine in most other ways. He had light blond hair, which was slightly wavy just under his ears with bangs that dangled in his piercing blue eyes, which reminded Shiki of the ideal male model, but the boy's hair must have naturally been that effortlessly flawless.

Compelled Shiki agreed and walked on back down the streets, for what seemed much longer this time coming back from the candle shop; then getting there in the first place. When Shiki arrived home he instantly went to bed, although the room strangely felt cold; forcing him awake many times. To add to the cold, he kept having an exotic dream about drinking the boy's blood.

Even though the boy gave off no intoxicating aroma to impair Shiki’s common sense, he for some reason was curious as to how he would taste. He felt gross even speculating such a thing, but he knew it was like a game to his vampire instincts; just like how curiosity killed the cat.

DeniedUltraSex
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-09-2007, 02:37 AM

Worried the next day he struggled internally with his feelings.

"Should I go today?" He asked himself sitting up in bed, still clammy.

Looking out the window he noticed a bird chirping on the branch outside. The branch was exposed in this brisk weather. It was lifeless without the bird in a sense; not a single leaf or bud grew. Only some icicles hung from the tree’s limbs. Shiki felt just like the tree branch; lifeless. Maybe the boy he met the other day was just like the bird; so full of life in comparison to himself.

Shiki groaned falling backwards slowly. He lay there motionless for a while, contemplating for what seemed like hours. Even though he saw the boy in the late evening, it's not like he couldn't go out in the day.

There was no sign of the familiar fire-ball in the sky that irritated Shiki's sensitive eyes. After all it was winter, and grey clouds were all you could see for miles.

DeniedUltraSex
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-09-2007, 02:38 AM

Finally Shiki found his body moving all on it's own to the door. There was not a single bone in his body that didn’t doubt what he was doing, but he felt desperate. The last time he was in contact with someone, anyone was almost a year ago. Shiki slightly twitched remembering His father’s face.

It wasn’t that he hated him or anything, he just hated the fact he barely knew him. He made Shiki live in a tiny apartment a long time ago; why, he wasn’t sure. Being alone wasn’t fun. Especially for so long you lost count of the years.

Suddenly Shiki found himself at the foot of the stairs to the shop. Taking a gulp he entered. The bell at the top of the door scared him, making him stumbled forward slightly. Feeling stupid he realized what the bell was for. He laughed slightly at himself. It wasn’t really his fault he hadn’t been in any stores in a long time.

Looking up he saw an angelic woman whose blonde hair flowed down her back. Perfect ringlet curls falling into her face. “Can I help you?” She asked half-heartedly.

“Uh, yes actually.” Shiki felt anxious. The woman eyed him carefully, waiting for him to finish.

“I came to see your son.” He felt some self pity, not knowing her son’s name.

“Hm? You mean Ichijo?” She questioned civilly. ‘So that’s his name.’ He thought, taking note of the boy’s name.

“Uh, yes ma’am.” He said weary.

“Oh, well he’s not going to be done school for another hour or so.” She said suddenly much more ecstatic than before.

“I can wait.” Shiki said indifferently as he took a seat near the front desk, although the more time he sat there the more he wanted to either leave or crawl out of his skin. He had never felt so uncomfortable in his life, even though Ichijo’s mother was busy with work; not paying any mind to Shiki’s presence anymore.

DeniedUltraSex
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-09-2007, 09:41 PM

*Dies from lack of... critiziation of my work*

):

Temmon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 PM

Aw. Nobody's commented on my stuff either. :(

'Twas interesting, I guess. I'm not much into vampire stuff, so I didn't read it originally. I didn't notice any grammatical mistakes in the first post and read the second post really quickly, so I didn't notice any in that one either, but the third post seemed like it was a little more rushed then the rest. "Perfect ringlet curls falling into her face." should either be part of the preceding sentence or it should be "fell" instead of "falling". Erm, yup. It was good? xD

DeniedUltraSex
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-09-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temmon
Aw. Nobody's commented on my stuff either. :(

'Twas interesting, I guess. I'm not much into vampire stuff, so I didn't read it originally. I didn't notice any grammatical mistakes in the first post and read the second post really quickly, so I didn't notice any in that one either, but the third post seemed like it was a little more rushed then the rest. "Perfect ringlet curls falling into her face." should either be part of the preceding sentence or it should be "fell" instead of "falling". Erm, yup. It was good? xD
Awwwe, poor you. O:

Hmmmm, yeah.
I try to spell check and all,
but I've got some serious issues with tense.
I always try to use past...

but I don't know,
is it better to use current? (Easier?)