rabid-rainbow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2007, 11:19 PM

So, I've wanted to try doing some drabbles, and I've given myself a list of 25 to start out with.

Read, review, critique, etc.
Bold = finished

1. Autumn
2. Hunt
2. Kiss
4. Lesson
5. Secret
6. Winter
7. Letter
8. Stage
9. Rose
10. Spring
11. Child
12. First
13. Blade
14. Horizon
15. Water
16. Fire
17. Summer
18. Death
19. Taboo
20. Wish
21. Blush
22. Snow
23. Laughter
24. Sorrow
25. Magic

rabid-rainbow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2007, 11:31 PM

2. Hunt

The boy carefully stalked the moose, his fingers itching to loosen his arrow into its throat. If he was fit to be a man, the gods would guide his arrow straight and true.

He raised his bow when a sudden move in the under brush startled him. He lowered his arm, waiting to see what the noise was. The moose could sense something wrong. It made a noise and then walked off. The boy was about to begin tracking it again when he saw a baby moose (the cause of the noise) follow its (unharmed) parent to safety.

The boy returned to the village empty handed, knowing that he truly was a man.

rabid-rainbow
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 AM

20.Wish

She looked through the deepening gloom, feeling hoplessness set in. The trees of the wod seemed to press onto him. One midnight gone. they seemed to whisper as a lonely wind blew through the branches.

She hurried off down an unfamiliar path, straining her eyes for a flash of white, tuning her ears for the slightest "moo." If she couldn't find the cow again, her husband would never forgive her, and they would never have the child they had wished for.

One midnight gone.

So this was inspired from listening to the soundtrack to Sondheim's "Into the Woods" and then this kinda wrote itself. =/ May not actually fit with the theme, but I think it does, and anyone who's seen the play/knows the storyline would probably agree.