Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-25-2015, 04:49 AM

I use a Dove mousse. Hold on, lemme see what it's called. Ah, this stuff!

Ignore that it says "amplifying." It doesn't really. I mean, maybe it could if you tried to make it amplify, but people like you and I certainly don't need that. I just run it through my hair and give a few good scrunches, then smooth what's left on my palms on the top of my head to try to keep fly aways down. It doesn't get rid of all frizziness, but it cuts down on it drastically. It also keeps my hair from doing this thing where each strand curls - but independently of all the other strands, creating this messy, frizzy mass. It keeps them all curling together into nice sectioned-off pieces.

I don't know if it will be heavy-duty enough for your needs, though. I know your hair is much much more curlier than mine - honestly, mine is more of a wave with a slight curl to it. So I didn't want my hair to be super product'd up, all crunchy and stiff - I wanted it to still look soft and natural. But I know with curlier hair sometimes that isn't an option. My mom has curlier hair than me (and goes way more hardcore with the products than I do) and she uses... lemme go look... ah. Suave captivating curls. So that's probably the stuff that wronged you.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-25-2015, 09:41 PM

Aw, yeah, Suave Professionals is the the brand that broke my heart. I'm still using that stuff, but I'm not happy about it.

I'll keep Dove in mind, though! I could probably stand to use some lighter product. I have the tendency to slick my hair down and really define it with a ton of product, but it wouldn't hurt to start using a lighter hand. Maybe I'll pick some up the next time I run out of mousse.

Thanks!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-25-2015, 10:09 PM

You put it in when your hair is damp, right? It doesn't work so great if your hair is dry (or soaking wet). I'd totally let you borrow mine for a test run, but... *can clanks against computer screen*

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-26-2015, 07:49 AM

<,< I wish computer transfers like that were a thing....Means we can all sample things that our friends have....and also that I'd be able to pawn off all the baked goods I can't stop making.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-27-2015, 03:57 AM

Omg please. I will take everyone's left over baked goods, yes!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-27-2015, 05:08 AM

*tosses cookies at the screen*

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-27-2015, 07:03 PM

Omg, what kind of cookies?

I keep threatening to make cupcakes lately... just haven't found the time/energy. I want to try using lemon cake mix with some chopped up blueberries.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-27-2015, 08:46 PM

Chocolate chip. Went for a classic. :D

You should! Oh man, then do a little drizzle of lemon icing with powdered sugar and lemon juice.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-27-2015, 10:53 PM

My uncle told me that if you mix instant pudding mix in with cool whip, you basically get cheapo whipped icing. and I'm all about whipped icing and was gonna use some for these cupcakes anyway. So I'll have to try to find some lemon instant pudding! Powdered sugar is definitely a good call, too.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 02-28-2015, 10:01 PM

Yes! I do the same thing with bird's custard powder (British instant custard). Just a few scoops of that into whipping cream makes the whipped cream hold a lot better than it would without it. So, it's a nice cheat. :D :D

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 03-02-2015, 03:29 AM

Lush gets an a+ from me because of their natural outlook and the fact that the made boosh inspired products.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-04-2015, 12:05 AM

THEY DID???

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 03-04-2015, 01:35 AM

I love getting the catalogs and seeing the various charities that they sponsor through Charity Pot, etc. :D
Charity Pot

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-04-2015, 03:20 AM

I love picking up every single bath bomb in the store and sniffing it. Then I daydream about having a tub I could sit in comfortably.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 03-04-2015, 03:28 AM

Do a nice foot soak with part of one! I do that when I feel like pampering myself with a scrub and tootsie polish. But then I tend to get the bubble bombs and soaks over the straight up bath bombs. Like the bubbleroons <3

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-04-2015, 05:23 AM

Omg. That never occurred to me! And I do foot soaks pretty regularly lately, what with working on my feet and all.

I do want to take a nice relaxing bath, though. Standing all day makes my whole body sore, and soaking in some nice warm water sounds nice... Though I think I'd get bored. I couldn't bring my phone or a book since I'd be too scared of dropping them in. Just gotta find a big tub and convince my boyfriend to join me so I have someone to talk to.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 03-05-2015, 02:50 PM

Heh.....taaalk. Suuuuuuuure.

I hear yah. I have a tub that's okay for bubble baths but.....I'm a tall girl so no matter what I'm kinda crunched up in it. For LUSH? Worth it. I usually make it all pretty and girly with candles and I'll bring down my ipod player so I can have music and I generally bring a book (cause I have that bored issue too). So far I've never dropped on in!! But, I also don't bring books I really fancy in just in case.

I do the foot soaks at the same time I do a toner tab steam/mud mask on my face. Cause again, multi-tasking!

Also congrats on the admin pick win Cherry!

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 03-05-2015, 04:15 PM

Lush was a shop that i grew up running past as a child because my mother couldn't stand the smell, and it wasn't until i was 21 i took my first venture inside one. It's been three years since then, and i've never looked back. The fact it's natural and cruelty free was a huge draw too.

Not really having suffered a lot in the skin department my only complaint was slightly dry skin on my arms, and the woman i saw spent about 45 minutes with me, testing out all the things she thought might do me some good. I came for the soap, stayed because of the hospitality! I use a host of products now, the most recent purchase i've fallen in love with being BIG shampoo. My hair actually looks half respectable now, for the first time in my life! Just today i spent a ridiculous amount of money there...Too many irresistible smelling things!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 03-08-2015, 05:53 PM

Big! It smells so good

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-11-2015, 04:44 AM

Ok, so my sample of Angels on Bare Skin ran out/dried up, so I went in to buy a pot. Only, after talking with one of the nice ladies there for a bit, we decided that it wasn't the best scrub for my needs. After testing some stuff out, I came home with a pot of Let the Good Times Roll. Just... how did I live before I got this? I bought it on Friday and already my face is 10x nicer than it was before purchasing it. My skin feels even smoother and softer than before, and it's doing a great job at clearing up some of the flaky dead skin and general gunk from my face.

I also got a sample of the sea salt scrub, and was really, really tempted by Herbalism. I might give that one a go this summer, when my skin needs less babying on the dryness front and more on the "oh god, get rid of all this infernal grease" front.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 03-11-2015, 06:09 PM

I need to try Let the Good Times Roll.

You know, I wasn't a huge fan of herbalism. It felt.....residue-y. I do love Angels though.

I just got one of the new shampoo bars. Brazilliant Solid Shampoo | Shampoo Bars | LUSH Brazillant. It says it's for thick or unruly hair, but I wanted to try it anyways cause it smells sooo good. It cleanses really well and the smell lingers all day long. It's a nice thing to break the winter time hair blues.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-11-2015, 06:12 PM

Eeeuh... Really? She tried it on my hand, as they do, and it felt fine. Slightly less moisturizing than LTGTR, but that was it. But of course, my hand is not my face and everything feels different when it's actually on your face (I wish they'd just let us try it on a small part of our cheek or something!).

Have you ever used one of their toners? I'm considering springing for one after the sales lady nearly talked me into one on Friday. I didn't realize until she tried it on me that they help your moisturizer apply more evenly. I have a witch hazel toner, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all for me. I'm wondering if a calming toner would be good for me.

Man, I bet that bar smells great!!

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 03-11-2015, 06:33 PM

You can probably do a little wash on your face if you ask. They're all about accommodating you there. It's funny, I don't get people bee lining to me to help me there. I think most of them know I come in often enough to know what's what. XD I do chit chat with the guys there though, cause they're all fun generally.

Yes. I used the tee tree toner. It's lovely feeling and it almost feels like it's tightening your skin up a bit (and it tingles slightly). Right now I just have witch hazel in my cabinet too, but I do think their toner is lovely. It's nice before moisturizing and I used it after I washed my face at night.

I also picked up Sea Spray because I was curious about it. I must say, it also smells divine. It kinda does what a really light hairspray would, but without being harsh. It's also comb-able. I've tried it in my damp hair before I put it up.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 03-15-2015, 05:37 AM

Yeah, two hair gels: king of the mods and goth juice

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 03-18-2015, 05:03 AM

Do they still have the gels? Cause King of the Mods was awesome.