Turtle Sensei
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-17-2014, 04:50 AM

So... What are you reading now?

I am reading stuff for Kingdom Hall (church.. I am Jehovah's Witness) and reading an interesting story on Wattpad called "Young Moon: Water Worlds book 1" its pretty interesting!

Soo reading anything good?

Ananas à Pois
Pineapple Extraordinaire

Old 07-19-2014, 05:35 PM

Hello there! I'm reading a series my friend loaned me called The Bartimaeus Trilogy. I'm only on book one and about half way through, but I really like it so far! The main character, Bartimaeus, is a demon and it's told from his perspective. I love the snarky, sarcastic tone it's written in. My friend said it blew Harry Potter out of the water... I'm reserving judgement on that! haha

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-22-2014, 10:31 AM

I'm currently reading "The Great Wrong War" about how going to war in WW1 supposedly ruined New Zealand, and another book called The Long Mars, which is the third book in a sci fi series based on the multiverse theory by Terry Pratchett (Discworld) and Stephen Baxter (Doctor Who). Both are very interesting.

Penella Goldeater
*^_^*

Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 AM

Affliction, An Anita Blake novel, by Laurell K Hamilton.
I've read most of the Anita books but I think this is the only one that made me cry. It's also one of the more action packed Anita books, so I'm liking it a lot.

UnmaskedHearts
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2014, 03:23 PM

I'm currently reading two books. The Fault in Our Stars and The Impossible Knife of Memory.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-23-2014, 08:19 AM

What's The Impossible Knife of Memory like? I keep seeing it in bookshops and being intrigued but not intrigued enough to pick it up.

Lady_Yasaman
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-26-2014, 06:34 AM

i have been reading Hyperion... its interesting honestly not sure quite how to describe it, though i have also been reading some older books like Picture of Dorian Gray and Dracula ^^;

SeaSaltEyes
Professional Napper

Old 08-06-2014, 04:40 AM

Right now I'm reading Mythology by Edith Hamilton. It's basically watered down versions of every single Greek, Roman, and Norse mythology story. It's nice to be able to get a basic picture of every story quickly so I can read the original writers later and I'll actually know what's going on, haha. Next on my list is Les Miserables though.

Adain-chan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Adain-chan

Old 08-11-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananas à Pois View Post
Hello there! I'm reading a series my friend loaned me called The Bartimaeus Trilogy. I'm only on book one and about half way through, but I really like it so far! The main character, Bartimaeus, is a demon and it's told from his perspective. I love the snarky, sarcastic tone it's written in. My friend said it blew Harry Potter out of the water... I'm reserving judgement on that! haha
Love those books. I've read and own all four. The trilogy and the prequel. Right now I'm reading Hat Full of Sky, the second book in the Tiffany Aching series by Terry Prachett. Very good series with a strong female protagonist. It's about a nine year old girl who decides she wants to be a witch, but when she starts as an apprentice to a witch she realizes being a witch is less about magic and more about hard work and helping people who can help themselves.

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 08-13-2014, 09:41 PM

I'm reading No Logo these days. I am more inclined to reading nonfiction, I think.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-16-2014, 08:00 AM

I've been reading a bit of Non-fiction too, thanks to walking past the university bookshop every day on the way home.

geminick
Art & BJD Nerd Deluxe

Old 08-17-2014, 12:05 PM

To be honest, I'm not very into reading nowadays, which sucks since I used to do it a LOT as a kid and teenager... Sucks, but I guess I've got a bit too much going on in real life at the moment, so I simply can't find the inner peace I need in order to sit down and read.

But when I do read (yes, it does happen occassionally haha), I tend to enjoy fantasy. Recently started reading Lord of the Rings again, but urgh, I think they're kind of difficult to get through somehow.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-18-2014, 12:29 AM

in the last couple days I've finished up Rebel by Amy Tintera, The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski, Origin by Jessica Khoury and now I'm reading Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-18-2014, 05:11 AM

Speedreading much?! I'm impressed.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 08-18-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
Speedreading much?! I'm impressed.
I'm actually waaaaaaay behind on my reading goal for this year so I've been trying to catch up and failing because work and sleep.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-20-2014, 04:03 AM

I feel that pain. I'm an english major and I barely read a book every couple of weeks.

Pumpkin Queen
*^_^*

Old 08-22-2014, 03:55 AM

Ok, so I'm a huge!!!! The Walking Dead fan. But I've only ever watched the tv show which I absoultely love. I love the story line and the fact that no one is safe :3 gotta watch your back. But I didn't know that it was a comic book before the tv show. So currently I'm reading The Walking Dead comic book.

I'm also currently reading the eragon series. I've got all the books and this is my 3rd time reading the series.

Karastorm
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-05-2014, 02:36 PM

Re reading the Hobbit. I enjoy the story so picked it back up to read again. I read threw something like 4 books in the last week alone.

Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 09-08-2014, 01:46 PM

I recently got into reading mysteries. So I am reading a bunch of collections from various people on like wattPad and Writers.com and all that jazz. Anymore I don't appreciate published writers as much as I should, but I adore unknown writers via the internet. I think part of it is that I am one of those people, and I feel the need to support them.
Also, @Turtle Sensei, I am a witness too :)

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 09-10-2014, 11:59 PM

over half way through Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.