The New User's First Stop Charit...

Old 04-16-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
Sure!
Lot B: NPC Gifts, your choice of:
Tapi Hibiscus Bloom, Pumpkin and Booger Cookie

Oh gosh uhmm 200-400g?
Thank you for your assistance, good sir! 100 has been sent your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
Yeah, the signature idea sound like a better bet ^^
We have 100 waiting for you, if you can join the question-answering party, too!

---------- Post added 04-16-2019 at 09:13 AM ----------

It's a new page, but The Birds STILL Want to Know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos and Deimos View Post
The Birds Want to Know!

We have been sitting on a pile of items for quite some time. Some are common, but some are pretty rare. For "shiny pile drawings" the item given is determined by a dice roll, but we were talking amongst ourselves about doing something to guarantee that some older/rarer items can get out into the world.

1. Would you like it if we ran a raffle?

2. Which type of items would you be most interested in:

Lot A: Menewshaversary Items, your choice of:
Yumeh Cat Hairpin, Yumeh Halo, Yumeh Scarf

Lot B: NPC Gifts, your choice of:
Tapi Hibiscus Bloom, Pumpkin and Booger Cookie

Lot C: Auctioneer Items, your choice of:
Auctioneer's Ledger, various colored Tegu noses

3. What do you think a low but fair ticket cost would be?

We really want to know what you think! Quote this post AND answer the three questions, and we'll give you 100g for your trouble!

Last edited by Phobos and Deimos; 04-16-2019 at 04:14 PM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-17-2019, 12:54 PM

Let's hope more people see this.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-20-2019, 08:05 AM

Yerp

...I am absolutely no help with this stuff XP

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-20-2019, 12:50 PM

Doesn't help that there aren't many active users left around. :(

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-24-2019, 07:56 AM

Nope DX

I mean, yeah, events do bring more people out...but 90% of the people brought out of the woodwork by events don't stick around after .

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 02:24 AM

Yeah, I wish they'd stick around and keep us company. D:

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 02:39 AM

I was definitely guilty of only coming on here for events, but now I'm here to stay for as long as I can. Everyone's been so nice and I really appreciate that.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 03:12 AM

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I like Mene so much, people are just so much more nicer and easier to trust here than compared to Gaia and other sites.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 10:35 AM

Agreed. Gaia is just too big a community, filled with lots of toxic and immature users (obviously some are great, though). It's no fun chatting there.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:20 PM

I've rarely encountered unpleasant conversation on Mene, but on Gaia it happens pretty much every few minutes, and were way worse than on Mene. I did manage to make some friends there but for the most part we kinda just drifted from thread to thread.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 02:05 PM

Aww. I don't think I ever made any real friends there. Or at least, none that I can remember. But I also don't post much, because there are so many other things to do, like games and selling the bajillions of items there are. There's no real need to interact with other users if you don't want to, and I think that's kind of sad. At least here you pretty much have to post to earn gold, and unless something is selling in the marketplace you have to find other users selling the items you want and make offers, etc.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 02:58 PM

Yeah, their gold earning methods doesn't really inspire people to post much...>_> I've always enjoyed posting though so I still spent most of my time on Gaia making posts rather than say, wandering around Town or playing games.

Mene's much better at encouraging people to post with how the gold earning system works. I guess it's hard to do on Gaia considering the sheer amount of users they have, it would take forever to crack down on the spam.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 03:53 PM

I've always been more of a lurker on avatar sites but I'm trying to change that. It's pretty easy to on here because the only other way to earn is by playing games anyway.

There's still a ton of spam on Gaia even without all the users making posts. It's sad, but I'm sure it's also terribly difficult to keep up with.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 01:10 AM

There are so many people posting everywhere and spam everywhere I have no idea how their mods ever keep up or if they even try anymore. Then again it's because they have so many mods/staff that corruption is rampant too...I'm still bitter over my unwarranted ban out of the blue.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 02:33 AM

They probably don't even try. 😒
What, you were banned??? That stinks. ☹️

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 02:45 AM

I've seen some threads get cleaned up, but yeah, a lot were passed over so I guess they just didn't have the time or energy to be bothered with handling all the rule breaks.

Yeah, I was banned for 'botting' which was absolute bullsh!t. I just spent a LOT of time on the site (like, 12 hours a day back then), but it was all me. I've tried appealing to several admins but they just brushed me off and told me that the accusation was legit, which, again, bullsh!t. But would they listen to a lowly user like me? Of course not. It was what drove me away from Gaia because I spent so much time and energy there to get to where I was only to be wrongfully brought down like that so I was like eff this and went and looked up another avatar site, which happened to be Mene, and it was the best decision I've made.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 03:03 AM

That's so stupid. I can see why you got fed up and left!
I left for a long time because the original owners got pushed out and the site was taken over by a money hungry corporation that pushed cash shop item after cash shop item and abandoned basically everything else, but after Ernya closed I went back. Sometimes it's nice because you're so anonymous, but sometimes I hate it and I just want to talk to people that aren't going to be dicks. ☹️

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-26-2019, 03:44 AM

I was “hacked” on Gaia years ago. Not sure how they got my account details, but I was actually logged in when I noticed my stuff being sent away in trades. I was hanging out in the Towns area at the time. I tried to contact the staff to get my account frozen, but by the time I found one online (man it was so hard to find an actual staff list!) it was too late to save most of my stuff. And even though I had solid evidence things were stolen and they had trade records, nothing was done.

I was pretty bummed after that. But to be fair, I doubt they really had enough staff to go around. The site was a cesspool in a lot of ways and compared to Mene I think most of the members were a lot younger (13 years old, maybe less even). I can’t imagine the headache of creating new items too. Sooo many poses to be aware of (front, back, crouched, hands extended, male/female, etc.)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 07:45 AM

@Cinderella: I'm not sure when the money corp took over but I remember there being a LOT of stuff being released and how the site kept pushing for more donations and stuff. It kinda sucked. And yeah, it's hard wading through all the bad posts trying to find decent people.

@Ferra: Oh wow that really sucks! I'm sorry to hear that happened to you and that nothing was done.
I wonder just how many staff members they have? It's rare that I ever see one around, they just sort of lock/delete threads and disappear again without ever making a post themselves it seems.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-26-2019, 08:40 AM

Eh, I got over it eventually. I didn’t have anything too crazy valuable and I’m sure it’s worth squat now thanks to the hyperinflation they had that tanked their economy when they introduced RIGs. I was already mostly spending my time on Mene by that point anyway. I miss zOMG though. I heard they brought it back recently but I don’t think the nostalgia would be the same.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 09:38 AM

I think the most valuable items I had were mostly my collection of monthly collectibles, though I don't really remember what they were anymore. But yeah, hard to imagine what they'd be worth with the insane amount of inflation going on...

zOMG was pretty fun from what I remember, I think I was already gone from Gaia by the time RIGs came out because I have no idea what that is.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-26-2019, 12:47 PM

I had a fair amount of older monthly collectibles too, including a handful that were in high-demand (at the time) but nothing crazy crazy rare. My friend IRL sold art on Gaia and became super wealthy super fast so she ended up giving me some of the things I lost, which was nice of her.

RIGs stand for “random item generator”. So you paid cash for these things that only gave you a *chance* to get something good. It was straight up gambling. And the RIGs also rewarded huge amounts of gold so suddenly there was a huge spike in inflation. They let the problem get worse and worse until it completely tanked the economy and everything cost an impossibly huge amount of gold. Last I heard they had to completely replace their currency with something new to fix the problem. (Rumor was that the new owners just wanted to make a quick buck and didn’t care about long term consequences.)

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 01:26 PM

Yeah, that whole economy is a mess. -.-
EDIT: it's also possible to get RIGs for free from Lake Kindred (a sort of Pokemon-like game) so now you don't even have to pay real money to get rich...the game also rewards up to 2 billion gold for beating a certain type of monster.

Anyway, yeah, zOMG! is back! I don't think nearly as many people ply it now, but it's still fun to me.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 02:04 PM

OH RIGS. Like those Pink mystery boxes.

Yeah, those definitely messed up the economy real quick and real bad. But 2 billion gold for beating a monster?! Wtf???

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 02:13 PM

I wish I was kidding. 😐 All they're doing is pumping even more gold into the economy, which is driving prices up even more. Maybe it's so far out of control that it can't be curbed anyway, but they could at least not encourage it?