Skulduggery
Did you know the sparrow flies s...
Penpal

Old 05-18-2013, 07:53 PM

Nick Fury looked up as his sleepy Five year old daughter came into the living room, wearing her favorite Pink and Purple night gown, over Lavender leggings.
"Daddy?" Her tired, innocent voice mumbled.
"Yes, Princess?" Came Fury's rough, but sweet voice. He acted different around her. Of course he did, she was his pride, and joy, and didn't want to scare her.
"I can't sleep." The little girl pouted. Fury grinned at ____, and got up from his seat. He held his hand out for her and led her back to her bed.
"Why couldn't you sleep?"
"I was lonely." She responded as she looked up at her favorite person in the world. Fury chuckled to himself, and helped her onto the bed. He'd spent every moment he could with her, so he was used to this. He'd never let the others know though- Well, all except for Agent Coulson. Phil enjoyed coming over, and playing with her.
Tucking the girl into bed, he asked her if she wanted him to read her a story.
"No." Came her simple reply, along with a headshake. "Sing me a song. I've never heard you sing before."
There's a reason for that-Fury thought to himself, as she began a slight beg. He sighed, and nodded his head.
"Alright, but only one song." Fury's slightly annoyed voice put one a sweet one for his daughter. "What song would you like me to sing?"
"Princess Who Saved Herself! You know that one, right Daddy?"
"Song by Jonathan Coulton, that Phil plays for you everytime? Oh yeah, I know it." He mumbled out.
"Yay!" She shot a bright smile to her father, happy she'd finally hear him sing.
Nick cleared his throat, embarrased that he was even doing this, before beginning in a quiet voice.
Quote:
"There was a castle by a waterfall,
With a pink and purple wall,
And a princess living there.

She had no parents and was all alone
,-
"
"I'm your Princess and I have you though.. So that's no good." She pouted at him, but it turned into a grin.
Fury chuckled a bit before continuing.
Quote:
"She got by on her own,
And she liked it pretty well.

'Cause she never wore her socks,
She had a pet snake,
She bought a red guitar,
And she ate a whole cake.

And there wasn't anybody there to tell her what to do,
So she did what she wanted to.
Everybody knew the story of the princess who saved herself.

There was a dragon with a pointy tail,
He was bigger than a whale,
And his breath was terrible.

He scared the princess when he came around,
Tried to burn the castle down,
But she caught him by his tail.

Then she tied him to a tree,
So the dragon couldn't fly,
She told him he was mean,
And it made the dragon cry.

When he finally apologized she offered him some tea,
He accepted it graciously.
Now he visits every weekend with the princess who saved herself.

There was a witch who was an evil queen,
She was wrinkled old and green,
And she hated everyone.

She saw the princess in her silver gown,
Put the poison apple down,
Asked her where she bought her clothes.

So they got the witch a dress,
Put some make-up on her face,
They started up a band,
And the dragon played the bass.

Every Saturday they play until their fingertips are sore,
Mostly Math Rock and Cuddle Core.
And they call themselves The Kingdom Of The Princess Who Saved Herself
."
He finished singing to her, and she'd been falling asleep. Yes, mid-song she crawled over, and sat on his lap, but she fell asleep all the same. Unwrapping her arms from around his neck, he re-tucked her in, before getting up and turning off the lamp. About to close the door, he whispered one last goodnight.
He walked to the kitchen, and looked at the time. "Nine Thirty.." He said, thinking to himself about how he'd have to work on making her go to sleep earlier.
He sat down on the couch, turned on the Tv, and watched whatever was on until he fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next few years had gone on pretty much the same. Except when Phil died. That was terrible for both Fury, and ____. He actually was forced to sing the same song to her every night, until it happened. All she knew, when it happened was that Phil won't be coming back. But, when she learned of that, she completely stopped listening to it.
Now, that innocent Five year old was a Innocent - But not near as Innocent as she was before - Ten year old. She knew the truth about Phil, yes, but barely remembered him. All she remembered are flashes of Smiles, Laughs, and the Song.
She'd become a bit of a tomboy, though. Fury knew it was just a phase, but it was also a lot different then the little Five year old. She still had baby fat around her face, which, he'd never admit it, but, Fury thought was very adorable. And she had just recently met the Avengers. She'd heard so much about them, they were like family, but they didn't even know Fury had a daughter.
___ had to admit, she made quite the first impression. She:
Called Tony the dimwitted one.

Attempted to make Bruce change.

Poked the heck out of Steve, until he got to the point of almost shouting at her, just to say 'Hi' and run away.

Told everybody she'd win in a fight against Thor.

Gained a crush on Clint- But that's not important -and got him to promise to teach her archery.

Acted innocent around Natasha, got her to allow ____ to put make up on her, made her look like a clown, and took a picture with her Dad's phone, before showing the red head.

It was fun.

She made Fury take her back everytime he went, unless it was to dangerous. Which, in truth, was probably always, but she knew how to behave- in front of Fury, at least.

And at the moment, she was hanging out with Clint. Nobody else seemed to want to be around her, and she didn't blame them.

At this point, she was very bored. And so, she poked Clint. Over, and over again.
"Teach me~" She whispered.
Clint chuckled. "Not yet. Your Dad doesn't want me to."
"Don't let him tell you what to do~" She whispered, again.
"I can't just not do what he says. He's the boss."
"And I'm the boss's daughter. Now come on!~" Came her loud whisper.
"Not gonna happen."
She frowned at him.
"Nope."
She pouted.
"No."
"Ugh.. Fine. What should we do then?"
"I have to get back to work soon. And you can do anything you want- Unless it causes trouble."
"You're no fun." She stuck her tongue out, before running away, to go bug Bruce, completely ignoring Clint's rule.

She came home, with her father, and started blasting her music- Hip-Hop - fed her pet lizard, and started singing to the lyrics. She didn't think she had a good singing voice, but Fury said it was great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another few years pass, and she was Seventeen. She'd matured, and started getting along a lot better with everybody.

Fury had given up telling her what to do within her tenth year. He took care of her, yes, but let her do as she pleased. She would grow into whatever kind of person she wanted, and he was fine with that.

And ____ was a sweet, calm girl now, which he was happy about.

Clint taught her archery, and her crush went away.

Natasha taught her combat, and they trained everyday.

Thor was back, also, and her crush seemed to have jumped from Clint to Thor. Plus, Thor looked more her age then the others, as of late.

She made Thor train with her, just to try and get used to fighting somebody way more powerful then she. It didn't work. It was terrifying, to tell the truth. But, she was okay training with him, just to stay around him.

She'd grown out of her tomboy, Hip-Hop listening phase, and was now just a normal girl with an amazing singing voice, who had a pet Lizard, listened to any kind of music, and loved sweets.

She jumped out of the way of the Lightening strike, which Thor sent her way.
"Watch where you're aiming that thing!"
"So, I'm expected not to attack when 'training' with the maiden?"
"Ah... I guess not. Okay, I dozed off. Yes, you are expected to attack me, Thor."
Another bolt of lightening, which she dodged. She ran toward him, and with her wooden sword, hit him in the side.
Yeah, he'd gone easy on her. But she didn't need to know that.
"Ouch, that hurt."
____ frowned, "I'm sorry.. Wanna go in? I can make you some tea~" She smiled at him, already knowing his answer, and they walked inside her's and Fury's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Years past, and she was Twenty Five.

She was divorced, with twins. A boy and a girl. Phil, and Natalie. To be more specific, Just divorced, with twins. She divorced the man. Robert, was his name. He had been a pain in the neck for a while, and always acted as though he was a wizard, or warlock, or something along those lines.

It weirded her out, a bit. She got custody of Phil during the Divorce, and Robert got Natalie. They were both Three.

She met Robert in a group. A group of which her and Thor started. Thor had become her best friend, over the years, and he was with Phil right at this moment. Good thing to, because ____ and Fury were meeting up at a Cafe they usually went to, not together, but they sometimes saw each other across the Cafe. They would smile at each other, and wave. But that was it. She didn't spend very much time with her Father, seeing as he scared Robert. But she was planning on changing that, though.

Sitting at a booth in the corner, she looked up from her hands when she heard the door to the building open. She smiled at her Father, the brightest smile she'd smiled since she was Five. She saved her best smiles for her father.

He sat down, and they began talking as if they did everyday. They talked Two hours straight, before he had to leave.

She stopped him before he left, and looked him in the eye.

"Sing me a song. I can't remember how you sang, before."

Fury stared down at his daughter, before a smile cracked open on his face, and he sat down, beside her. He put his arm around his daughter, knowing she was going to make a name for herself out there, sooner or later, from her own voice.

"Alright, but only one song." You could hear the smile in his voice. "What song would you like me to sing?"
"Princess Who Saved Herself. You know that one, right Daddy?"
"Of course I do. It's my favorite song."
And with that, they sang quietly together, the song that seemed to have shaped her life in front of her. Both of their favorite song.

For the full 'gossip' visit Skulduggery's 'About Me'.

Reviews on Skuduggery

"First of all, write a haiku for Skulduggery!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korn View Post
This man with a rose
searches for someone to love -
at a wedding. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Curious eater
Of the floral persuasion
Rose, om nom nom nom.
"What's he thinking?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
"Oh yes! A rose plus wine! Papa goin get some tonight!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"Now to figure out how I'm going to drink this punch with this rose in my mouth..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
"Don't I look like quite the dapper prince charming! ;D"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"I'm fancier than all of you."
"I heard he was put into detention for.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
The user above me was put into detention for making moves on the teachers. YOU'RE HERE TO LEARN, DAMMIT, NOT SEDUCE THE STAFF!
Quote:
The user above was thrown into detention because the roses he brought caused a mass attack on the students with pollen allergies. For shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
The user above me was put in detention for flirting with the teacher! She found him laying on her desk with a roar in his mouth.

"What was the first thing you noticed about him?
Quote:
New curtains!
Quote:
The white curtains. Or drapes. Or whatever they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
I see the sea of red roses.
"He's quite the player; why did YOU divorce him?"
Quote:
"Because he never shares his spiced wine. T>T THA HORRORO!" "Oh and if the wine wasn't enough he was a cover hog!!"
Quote:
Flowers are not part of a well balanced diet, contrary to a certain someone's belief. Sure, he made breakfast in bed, but it was usually something weird like a dandelion salad. We went to a friend's wedding together and he sat there eating the table arrangements and ignoring the perfectly good meal provided to us. It was humiliating! I can't live with this anymore!
Quote:
I divorced Skulduggery because he lost his sense of wonder and replaced it with expensive trinkets. Don't you know that money can't buy happiness? I mean, not that I'm not going to divorce you and receive half of your finances or anything, but--oh, look! A cat!
Quote:
I just couldn't stand the smell of roses anymore! Rose scented cologne. Rose scented breath. Rose petal candies. Rose colored curtains. I was surrounded by roses of every shade and description and just couldn't handle it anymore!

"Pick one word to describe him."
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamikarasu View Post
suave
Quote:
Playboy ;P

Last edited by ~LONGCAT~; 05-28-2013 at 09:15 PM..