Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 AM

Maeve made sure she had everything before she swiped her ID to get into the beta lab. It was days like this when she loved her job: Fridays were dedicated to testing out new prototypes from R&D, and it was always fun to see what would work and what didn't. Checking her bag again to make sure she had her two pokeballs with her, she slipped into the lab and closed the door behind her.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 AM

Julie (or Jewel as some of the employees had started calling her teasingly) was already there, Cyndaquil in her lap and Swablu hovering by her shoulder. She waved at Maeve as she spotted her friend and fellow tester.

"Hey. Anything interesting happen this week?" she asked with a little grin.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 01:04 AM

"Not really," Maeve replied as she set her bag down and let her two pokemon out. Litwick flickered his little bluish light in greeting as he settled onto the table, but Ralts just crawled back into Maeve's bag to get a bit more sleep. "Although I heard they're working on a few new pokeballs for us to test," she commented. "Something type-oriented, rather than by weight or time of day?" She grinned. "I hope some of those are on the list for today."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 AM

"Oh that would be fun," Julie agreed with a grin. "Although if we're testing them on the lab pokemon we may have to be careful that we don't get mobbed." The lab pokemon were well taken care of, but they still loved cuddle time.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 AM

"That, and we need to keep an eye out," Maeve said, "I heard some of the other lab techs saying that boss-man's Rotom is wandering about again." Everyone who had been with SI longer than a week knew about the Rotom. It belonged to one Tony Stark, and it loved possessing equipment while it was in use. It was actually the reason Maeve starting bringing Litwick to work with her: only another ghost-type could get Rotom out once it had settled into a machine or appliance.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 AM

Julie nodded her agreement. Rotom could be a real pain sometimes, but Tony (apparently) loved the thing, so she wasn't going to say anything. Not that she would anyway, since no one as low as she and Maeve on the food chain of Stark Industries ever got to talk to the famous Tony Stark.

"Here we go," she said with a grin when one of the techs motioned them into R&D.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 AM

Maeve grinned as well and went into R&D, Litwick floating along next to her and Ralts tucked under one arm.

"What's on the agenda for today?" she asked one of the lab techs.

"A few specialized pokeballs, three new TMs, and some new tech that needs to be tested against ghost-types," the tech replied.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 AM

"Awesome. Where do we start?" Julie grinned.

"You can come with me to start testing the pokeballs. Maeve, we'll need to borrow Litwick, and then you can go help out with the TMs." The tech grinned at both of them. He was one of their normal techs that they usually worked with.

"Sounds good to me." Julie grinned, perching Cyndaquil on her shoulder.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 AM

"Sounds like a plan," Maeve said. She looked at Litwick. "Go on, and behave. They're testing ghost, not fire, so keep your embers to yourself." Litwick nodded and trilled a bit, nuzzling her, before going off with the lab tech. Once she was sure Litwick was behaving, Maeve went in to the next room to test the TMs.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 02:05 AM

Julie went with a different tech off to another room to test the pokeballs. Up until the equipment started malfunctioning.

"Rotom," the tech said with a sigh. "Get out of the computer, you're not helping."

The computer beeped at him, a very definitely negative sound, and Julie couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't make me call boss-man down here," the tech threatened.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 AM

The Rotom beeped negatively again, materializing its face on the screen and frowning at them.

In the other room, Maeve was trying to negotiate with one of the lab pokemon to get some of the TMs tested. She had been handed an ice-type, a grass-type, and a steel-type TM, and she had to test and see how many of the lab pokemon could learn each one. And it wasn't going too well. After a little while of arguing, she decided to stop for a bit and go see how the pokeball testing was going.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 AM

Tony happened to be in the hallway at the same time and neatly avoided bumping into her, Ninetails snorting at them both.

"Helping out with the testing, huh? Nice of you. Rotom in there?" Tony peered around her into the testing room.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 AM

Maeve blinked. Since when did lowly techs like her get to talk to the big boss.

"Taking a break from TM testing," she said, stepping out of the way. She paused for a moment. "Maybe Rotom is with the others. It wasn't in with me, and my Litwick hasn't come complaining about being bothered with the tech testing."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 AM

"Right, onto the next room then." Tony moved down the hall to the pokeball testing room. "Rotom in here?"

"There." The tech pointed at the computer screen, which instantly changed from frowny face to happy face. "Please get him out of my computer, boss."

"Sure, sure." Tony walked over, grinning. "Come on, Rotom, I thought you were going to stick to the things I made for you?"

Julie blinked, looking at Tony with big eyes and then focusing on Ninetails with even bigger eyes.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 AM

Maeve slipped into the room after the boss, edging along the wall and over to Julie. In all the time they had worked there (i.e. the last six months) they had never had the boss stop in to their labs.

Rotom beeped brightly and came out of the computer, zipping over to Tony and nuzzling his Arc reactor before settling on his shoulder for a moment.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 03:18 AM

Tony chuckled and patted Rotom briefly before turning his attention to the girls again. "So how are the tests going?" Since clearly the girls were two of the part-time tester techs.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 AM

"TM testing is going slowly today," Maeve commented. "The pokemon are being a bit stubborn about learning something new."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 AM

Tony snorted. "I'm not surprised," he commented. "They can be pretty stubborn about things like that. They've gotten lazy. If there's nothing in it for them they won't do it. Maybe you should try bribing them."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 03:52 AM

"Bribe them with what?" Maeve asked. She didn't exactly keep treats in her pocket. She glanced at the other techs.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 03:56 AM

"We'll give you some treats," one of the other techs piped up.

"And the pokeballs?" Tony turned his gaze to Julie.

"A few of them don't work, but about half of them seem to work fine." She shrugged and caught Cyndaquil before the little pokemon could tumble off her shoulder.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 AM

"Alright, then I should go back and see if Litwick is done helping with the tech testing, and then get back to trying to get someone to learn Cold Snap or Prune. I'll save Reforge for last, since it seems like it's strictly steel-only." That in mind, Maeve went to get some treats from one of the other techs and went to go back to TM testing.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 AM

Tony ended up hanging out in the labs for a while, checking on all the testing and watching Julie test the pokeballs for a while, already making plans to improve what didn't work. He also checked on Maeve, snickering at her troubles with the lab pokemon.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 AM

Maeve was in the middle of trying to coax a Cloyster into learning Cold Snap. It had turned out to be a strictly ice-type move, with the theorized exception of Dragonair and Castform. She glanced over when she heard the door open and paused. Litwick, who had come in earlier, floated over to Tony curiously.

"I thought you were in the other room?" she asked.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 AM

"I was. I decided to come check in on things here." Tony shrugged, holding out a hand to let Litwick investigate. "Looks like you aren't having much luck."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 AM

"Not yet," Maeve sighed. She stood up and grinned a bit when Litwick decided that he liked Tony and flared his little flame a bit in greeting. "If any of the TMs were even remotely compatible with Ralts or Litwick I'd try them, but this batch isn't."