View Poll Results: Favorite Frequenter of the Uni Thread?
BlackCart! FTW! 9 60.00%
...Marguerite. Is that even a question? 7 46.67%
Taiyo!!!! YGO addict! 4 26.67%
Happy! You're friendly neighborhood insomniac. 7 46.67%
Zaza (Though we haven't seen him lately) 5 33.33%
Pearl! 6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-20-2012, 02:13 AM

It's flawed and naive idea that if it feels good do it. Wrong and right is not decided by the fuzzy feeling in your heart but ethical principles.

Same here, I believe. Less biased is good. We're all flawed and fundamentally biased. The first thing to do is admit you have a problem xD.

Good idea! Keep the darling automobile. All those memories, don't want to lose what gave them all to you, do you? I felt like screaming "DO YOU?" at the monitor for some... odd reason.

But... but... what else are racing tires good for? If not thrashing and destroying!

I have no familiarity, but I'm sure I'll learn a few lessons along the way. I do want at least a antiquate sound system though in my 240sx. I've ripped out all the old ones.

Only one way to find out... x3

Firstly, exhaust, new rims, new tires, flush the car's engines, radiator, and other fluids, five-point harness, new steering wheel, air conditioning, interior, and sound system. Depending on how much I have left we'll see. I'll be doing all of the work myself so I'll be saving a lot of money.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:45 AM

I enjoy being less gullible. Not to say two years of studying psych has made me completely infallible, but studying social psychology really makes you realize how easy it is to do things just because of mob mentality, etc. Kitty Genovese was quite an eye opener.

I have some mental picture in my head of some show that did the "DO YOU?" thing...I think it's Fairly Odd Parents.

Don't say anything, but I do go around corners at 20-30 mph occasionally knowing that my tires are made for that. Well, they're made for going around corners at 60, but I'd rather not test that one.

Just remember. Red is positive, black is negative.

The first thing I'd do out of those things would be air conditioning. Can't survive without it in these dessert states.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 09-20-2012, 02:55 AM

*flops* worn out. Don't wanna do the assignment due tomorrow. Doesn't help Mike is trying to quit smoking. -.-
And of course, he is in asshole mode because of the withdrawl. I'm not in a good mood because I've had a long day (work 11-3, class 4.10-6ish (she let us out early) and then class 7-8.40), I have other things on my mind, him trying to quit, assignment due tomorrow at 11.59p :/
Plus I have to work tomorrow 11-3 again (If I get asked to work late tomorrow, I will tell them no because I have an assignment due tomorrow night)

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-20-2012, 02:57 AM

Yes, it's definitely a eye opener. I think psychology combined with my study of criminology has helped me realize quite a few things. I'm rather disgusted when I see someone wear a Che Guevara shirt and how society seems to uphold him the icon of a revolutionary leader. When he's far close to... a war criminal.

I've never seen it. D: But yes, "DO YOU?!"

Pssssh. Thirty? At least forty, come on. If you can shift, you can drift!

Not always true! Interestingly enough x3. I worked as a electrician's apprentice for a year.

Oh yes, a priority it is. Texas is terrible!

ElysiumFate

Old 09-20-2012, 03:03 AM

People are always such balls of joy when they're trying to stop smoking. XP Well, I do hope he succeeds this time.

I get tomorrow off because my one and only class was cancelled, but I do need to spend a good deal of it studying.

@nonsense: I honestly know nothing about Che Guevara. He has always been one of those things I thought of as a cult, however. Inexplicable hoards of people following him for no reason I know of.

Did you see that Kony 2012 thing this year? I knew that was crap from the start and was telling people not to believe it thanks to all my psych classes.

NOES I DON'T! And your childhood is not complete since you've not seen The Fairly Odd Parents!

Well, that'd f' me up.

You guys have it worse than us here in CO, for sure. We had a bad summer, though, with all the fires (couldn't breathe for a month) and I think 60 days straight of 90 degree or hotter weather.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-20-2012, 03:14 AM

I hope he does too... But he really gets bad. -.- And usually it's partially because of me... Excuse me, I was busy all day today. Excuse me, I'm tired, beat, worn out, pmsy, etc. Oh yeah, and have an assignment due tomorrow night I haven't started much of yet.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-20-2012, 03:19 AM

How long has he been smoking for?

I've told you once, I'll gently say again that it's totally not your fault that he's being pissy. Just try to take him with a grain of salt and hope he gets through this so you guys don't ever have to deal with it again.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-20-2012, 03:55 AM

He's been smoking since he was 14, so over 10 years.

Eh, I fucked up again tonight. What a surprise. -.- Apparently I didn't talk to him or say anything that he wanted. He mentioned how he was thinking too much and his mind was making assumptions about things I was or wasn't saying. And yet again, I never said anything about it to him or asked him about it. Just let it go hoping it wouldn't blow up.. and yet it does.
Apparently to him, I ignored it...
Excuse me asshole for being in class. -.-
I know I should stand up to him. But, something keeps stopping me from doing so. But, I know I need to stand up to him and bitch at him saying that I did NOT ignore it. Excuse me I'm at school, I'm beat from my long ass day, of working, classes, don't feel good, am pmsing, worse mood, Oh! and have an assignment due tomorrow night. I have to type up an abstract... One of those things that are under 300 words that are concise, and basically in those less than 300 words explain the themes and what is in an article so people will actually read it. And it is for my International Publishing class. Which is online. Oh yeah and lets not forget about the other assignments and readings I have to do all week.
*le sarcasm* Oh yeah, my mind is so freaking clear and free of everything that I think of what I should be talking to him about. Oh yeah, I have so much time to sit there and talk to him all the time, helping him all the hours he is awake so he can make it through this.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-20-2012, 03:59 AM

Serena - Ouch! Tell him to calm down or you'll lock him in the closet! Best of luck, hopefully you have some time to relax in the uncoming days.

Elysium - Cuban war criminal. Guevara simply was not a nice fellow. From his cold-blooded coup of Castro regime's enemies to his repression of anti-castro peasants. Lots of blood on his hands.

I did make some Kony 2012 for President stickers.

I have Mr. Rogers, Bob Ross, Sesame Street, Nova, and Antiques Roadshow! I don't need your whatever. I didn't have cable.

Wild fires are frightening! I hope the headachces weren't too bad. I got stuck in a wildfire last year, the headache was miserable.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-20-2012, 04:02 AM

What's relaxing time?

ElysiumFate

Old 09-20-2012, 04:15 AM

@Ser: You have to stand up to him, girl. You haven't said much nice about Mike since like...Summer 2011? It's not good for you to be unhappy. I imagine you're afraid of losing him, and/or starting a massive fight, but is this recurring situation of you two bickering and being pissed at each other better?

@nonsense: So people are basically supporting someone who was pro-Castro?

Lol, nice. I advocate for some pro-Thor 2012 stickers.

Hey, I had all those things, too! Except for Nova, was never big on that. I liked Dragon Tales a lot, too.

I had an awful headache one of the days and a slight headache every day that the fires lasted. I almost passed out the day that I had the blistering headache.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-20-2012, 04:30 AM

And a lot of this stuff lately is because of him trying to quit smoking and since I'm a non-smoker, I don't fully understand what he's going through, so I fail at trying to help him. Doesn't help I have a bunch of things to do for classes. And other school things getting to me lately.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-20-2012, 04:34 AM

Serena - Cover his mouth with duct tape, lock him in a closet, throw out the key. Scented candles, a warm bubble bath, and a cold drink. I suggest a jug of cool water and a gin and tonic.

Elysium - Pro-Castro Pro-War-Crimes, apparently.

x3 I have a sticker I made that says "Giovanni 2012" and bellow that "Meowth that's right!" Only sticker on my car.

Ew... Dragon Tales XD. It's all about Bob Ross man! And Mr. Roggers.

Watch:
Bob Ross Remixed | Happy Little Clouds | PBS Digital Studios - YouTube
Mister Rogers Remixed | Garden of Your Mind | PBS Digital Studios - YouTube

Aw... I'm sorry! If it helps I've had a headache for over a year x3. Chronic headaches! Blah, I was prescribed anti-depressent medication because apparently it's very effective in stopping chronic headaches. I may suffer from depression but I feel all... fuzzy. Can't wait till I'm off of this stuff.

"We don't mistakes we just have happy accidents."

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-20-2012, 04:37 AM

Alcohol isn't going to help it. Alcohol makes it worse. Plus I can't do that to him. I'm away at school. We chat via instant messenger and MAYBE phone/skype if he feels up to it

ElysiumFate

Old 09-20-2012, 04:41 AM

@Ser: I understand. I can't relate to my mom on her inability to quit smoking because I've always been disgusted by smoking. I'll most likely never know what withdrawal from cigarettes feels like. Doesn't mean that them acting like shits is okay, but take a step back. Realize you're stressed, and that's why you're angrier than you would be normally. Calm down, and then say something to him once you've come out of being so stressed.

@nonsense: That's just lovely. Now I'm going to have to look him up in my spare time and make a judgement on him.

The only stickers I have on my car are a couple of custom rose decals on my back window. My car's original name was rose, then it changed to Bonnie Rose, now it's Bonnie Lenora Rose. Don't ask.

I loved Bob Ross when I was a kid. I would wake up early to watch him and Mr. Rogers. :3 I wanted to paint for the longest time because of Bob Ross.

Oh jeeze, I'm sorry to hear that. My mom suffered from chronic migraines till I was about 14, and I get the occasional "ocular" migraine that's no fun. And I hope you can get off your meds soon. It's no fun to be young and have to deal with meds.

---------- Post added 09-19-2012 at 10:42 PM ----------

And awh, those videos made me smile like an idiot.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-20-2012, 04:57 AM

Hm, lemonades also very good. Or some fruity desert. Sorbet? Aw... well you're a very kind person ^^.

Elysium - It makes for some interesting reading. So many people, even scholorly writings, relish him. I have no idea why.

x3 I won't ask!

See! True American heroes. My heroes at least. Two men I would have loved to meet.

I'm sorry about your mother, at least she's feeling better! Oh well, medication's a sacrifice to make it go away. Worth all the little bit of unstable insanity that comes with. I'm still fully in control of myself, but it can be bothersome.

Me too!

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-20-2012, 04:58 AM

I know we need to talk about it. I am not in the mindset to talk to him right now because I probably would flip out on him about it all. I'm irked about everything, I'm tired. I have an assignment due tomorrow and I am having issues with it. Then this crap happens.
I want to know if he ever thinks about how this is affecting me. Probably not. He's a selfish asshole.

I apparently can't help him at all. It's my fault he can't quit.

I can't even do that for him nonsense, I'm at school. He's home. I have no way of seeing him unless I spend money to take the bus home and have to have someone pick me up from the bus station, or he drives here. Which neither are happening soon because of his work schedule. -.-

ElysiumFate

Old 09-20-2012, 05:05 AM

@Ser: It's a sticky situation. Just let yourself calm down, and wait for his attempt at smoking to either pass or fail, then have a good talk with him. If you two are going to continue with a healthy relationship, you're going to have to stop thinking of him as an ass, and he's going to have to stop acting like one.

@nonsense: It's probably just because he was a rebel. Anyone who dares to be different is revered. Lady Gaga comes to mind as an example.

I was so sad when I found out that Bob Ross died in the 90s. He was so positive, it's a shame he couldn't have stayed to make some more impact here.

Yeah, trust me, we're all happy she got on those meds. She's still loony, but at least she's not angry 24/7 anymore.

Do they make you twitchy, or what is it?

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-20-2012, 05:13 AM

He failed tonight and bought smokes because of my not asking what I should have. He's the one that apparently doesn't think I am busy and thinks I'm not stressed and expects me to always be on my toes and know what's going on and what to say. It's apparently my fault he can't quit.... He needs to get help from someone who knows exactly what he's going through. I don't understand what he's going through. But he doesn't seek help.. He puts it ALL on me and relies 100% on me it seems.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 AM

Tell his ass off, Ser, honestly.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 AM

I'm going to try to get up earlier tomorrow so I can talk to him before I go to work tomorrow. He needs to know my side. I'm tired of him not knowing, or not caring to know how this affects me and how he needs to get help from other people, not just me. It's not that I don't care about him or can't help. I just can't always be the one he totally relies on. I have never smoked cigarettes in my life. So, I don't know what he's going through. He can't assume I understand what he's going through and be able to know EXACTLY what to say, how to say it, and when. Especially since I am busy and stressing over school. And HE'S the one who tells me that he understands I am busy with school and that it is important for me to keep up on my school work and to do well in school. But yet at the same time, it's like I'm expected to also do everything else mentioned. Excuse me, yes I may be a woman and when we would have kids I have to juggle being mom, and everything else because that's what usually happens. But, not right now. I'm trying to get a degree to be able to, oh I don't know, be able to get a halfway decent job out there, or at least a job. -.-
Oh well... It's all my job and my fault. He's perfect and does nothing wrong

ElysiumFate

Old 09-20-2012, 06:06 AM

He is man, hear him roar.

Tell him what you just told me in a calmer fashion, and hopefully it'll do you some good.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-20-2012, 06:06 AM

Yeah, hopefully it'll help.
Hopefully I get up earlier. Speaking of, I'm gonna make some sleepytime tea, shower and head to bed (read a little and hopefully fall asleep before 3.30a)
Night ^^

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-20-2012, 07:46 AM

Serena - I'm sorry, that sounds so hectic! Trying times in a relationship are so hectic and frustrating. They always come at the most innapropriate times!

He has no excuse for being a ass. Quitting sucks, I know what it's like! No excuses though. Hopefully he listens, listening will do that man some good x3. I hope he realizes the stress you're going through in your own life and the weight he's adding. He needs to understand, and I hope he sees it. My best to you two.

Elysium - Yep, that Gaga... she is very well versed in musical theory which is... odd. Considering x3.

I still believe he's making a difference now. I have a few episodes laying about on my computer, always cheers me up. Making a difference, even now.

I hope someday the headaches go away! Medication while being absolutely wonderful still sucks to have to be on sometimes.

I had some serious issues with depression, mood swings, and whatnot: a classic case of bipolar disorder. The medications is a little time portal sending me back a not too long ago when I had a much looser reign on things. Minus all of the risky stupid decisions I made. So that's good x3. Plus I felt compelled to rewrite all of that half a dozen times. Oh well. It's just something to work through. Better than being a cranky jerk who couldn't function most of the time xD. Now I'm only a crank jerk half of the time!

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-20-2012, 07:31 PM

Mm well it seems out of a relationship once again perhaps not dating for awhile would be a smart Idea. At least your not like my brother ex she was really bad when it came to being bipolar.