Zephi
Summer love

Old 09-03-2015, 12:15 PM

"Ah! Good thinking, Keone. I'm terrible at planning things out and usually end up doing something on a whim." He thought how lucky he was to have run into this merperson. What were the odds really? "I don't really have anything personal that I don't already have with me. The only thing I ever carry is this spear, but bringing some kelp can't be a bad idea. Especially if we end up in a barren area of the ocean while on this journey."

Ipo swam slowly towards Keone to give her time to grab the things that she wanted. The kelp was thicker in the area where she stopped. Ipo swooped down and swam near the bottom where the kelp covered him completely. The plants waved gently back and forth in front of his face. He smiled and then he grinned even harder.

"We're actually going to do it!" he yelled excitedly. Quickly Ipo pulled some kelp up making sure not to grab the root area so that it could still grow back. He watched Keone and tried to imitate what she was doing but he only succeed in tying a knot in the stalks. "What? How are you doing that?" He moved in closer.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-04-2015, 04:13 AM

Keone finished preparing everything she planned on and spent a second just watched Ipo before he made a mess of the kelp. Chuckling, she flicked her tail so that she could take the knotted plant away. "Oh no, that's not right at all. You're just supposed to twist them not tie them," she said, though she couldn't keep the grin off her face. "It's like this," she explained as she quickly untangled the kelp and twisted it up into a nice portable little bundle. It took her long, nimble fingers only a minute to braid the stalk and she handed it back to Ipo. "That one can be your supply and I'll carry mine, kay? I have all my things ready. I'll get me a nice supply of air and we'll be off!"

She swam up to the surface one last time and looked around, just breathing in the air. This was good bye to her home so she felt glad to leave it at such a beautiful time. Ipo may not enjoy this surface world, but she felt half of it so a certain fondness always overcame it. "Good bye," she whispered to the wind before she dived again and rejoined Ipo. "Alright! Let's be off!" She felt the same excitement that he did so she swam right for the currents, not a second more to lose.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 08-02-2018, 03:21 PM

Ipo took his kelp bundle and stuck it under his arm as he followed after Keone. Excited and anxious, he was glad to be setting out in the company of someone this time. Traveling alone, across a vast empty ocean drains your energy faster than anything. Not to mention what it does to your morale. He sighed. The currents moved them along at a decent rate and he was happy for that, but there still wasn't much to look at, so he looked at the only thing that was around: Keone.

She certainly had something about her. The way she moved. It was almost hypnotizing.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2018, 04:27 PM

Keone quickly found the right currents that would carry them in the direction of her people. She spent a while feeling the ocean around her and watching the direction, so she didn't notice Ipo's gaze at first. When she did, she let her body flip backwards, trusting the currents to carry her while she faced the other mer-creature. "What? Are you not excited?" She offered a nervous smile full of anxious excitement. The way she fidgeting with her fingers though belied just how off-put she was. Before long, she would be farther into the ocean than she'd even been. She'd always been taught to keep to the kelp. Don't wander off into the deep. Sea dragons weren't like other fish; they didn't belong in open spaces. And yet, as nervous as she felt, she couldn't help but want to plunge farther ahead. "Ah...actually I'm a little scared," she admitted after a pause, her voice dropping in volume considerably.