LovelygrlBab

Old 12-17-2008, 11:37 PM

Honestly I like drawing hands very simple if you break it down, and eyes. ButI'd sat the hardest body parts for me to draw is Noes', and Feet.
So many people think hands are hard and complicated. Could someone explain what they find difficult to me...I'm not being rude I honestly want to know

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 12-18-2008, 02:11 AM

For me, it's the fact that the fingers are so tiny, and I have problems with palm to finger proportions. It's very easy to make a hand look wonky with just one wrong angle.

And I hate noses too.

blackbunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-18-2008, 03:59 AM

sorry peolpe i am master at hands i can get my heads go with the body it always come out out big or too small!

Last edited by Melody; 12-18-2008 at 02:50 PM..

Lorralie

Old 12-18-2008, 12:49 PM

I think hands are the hardest part. Even if I gets better and better at it. Mostly of the times I draw fantasy pictures, and just the other day it hit me; I draw these pepole whit oversized ears, eyes and very often whit a rare skin color. So what does it matter if their hands doesnt look "human enough"?
But at the rare occasions that I acctuly draws humans I try to look at my own hand in different poses to get a good impression of how the hand in the picture sould look like. :)

Neruibara
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Neruibara

Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 PM

I'm a bit of a bad artist to start, but one body part I have the hardest time drawing are Feet. Second from there are hands. Third would be nose and ears. I've been told I do good eyes though.

Ivan
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-21-2008, 02:09 AM

Legs. I love to draw feet. Hands work out. But if my drawings aren't in my 'easy' style, I can not get the legs right easily! Making them get just small enough to hit the knee then com out a bit again... Its too much! Then they connect to torso badly so... Thats my issue.

keaton7
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [lazyalex] View Post
When it comes to me, I always have problems with the Hands and feet.

Whenever possible, I try to put the hands behind the back.

For feet, I usually never do a full body.
I do the exact same thing!
xD

Claudia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 09:07 PM

As long as we are talking about drawing people here. Ears and genitals ( especially the male kind)...Luckily I rarely draw nudes so the latter is a non issue.
I have no idea why ears seem to be hard for me.
Genitals I know it's because I simply don't look at them much.

Strange how what traditional hard parts like hands and feet are just tedious for me. I will only draw them in if the drawing is turning out well and looks like it might be successful. Hobbyist quality drawing I never draw the hands in. Hobbyist quality drawings get left with a lot of "holes'.

Last edited by Claudia; 12-25-2008 at 02:38 AM..

DeeJay
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-24-2008, 11:06 PM

I find feet diffucult.. The look like stubby mini-hands attached to legs. D:
I like to draw hands, no matter how diffucult they are... The positions can be so fun. Ha ha.. x3;

I also find the hips a hard thing to draw. o_o;; Don't ask why.. Dx It's jut, I make them so out of proportion.

Sienatii

Old 12-30-2008, 02:27 AM

I have trouble with the upper torso namely the shoulders connecting to the arms and the position of the neck. They never seem to be in proportion especially when I'm attempting the male anatomy.
Also, eyes and noses never look right when I attempt to color them and they almost always turn out emotionless. I can never seem to position the eyes correctly.

cionnaith
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to cionnaith

Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 AM

Feet and noses... but the latter more because I don't have a set style at the moment, so they all look different. Feet aren't that big of a problem though, as it's not often I find myself needing to draw bare feet... most people know the meaning of shoes atleast ;)
I suppose this is kind of a crutch though... the same as hiding hands behind someones back. It's just that I am not often placed in a situation where I need to draw them :/

Personally, I absolutely LOVE drawing hands and eyes, they're my favourite things to draw, and I don't have any really problems with either.

Koari
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-31-2008, 05:46 AM

Hands && feet all the wayy.
Though I do have trouble with drawing the whole entire anatomy to make it look normal..^^;;

ataner
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to ataner

Old 12-31-2008, 02:13 PM

I say. POSE. and Feet details. And the coordination on eyes ._.
I always bad on pose. So I hardly draw ._.
Feet details, the toes.. I hope I would have a medium-size mirror to study >_<
And I always turned back my hand whenever I draw. Well, it's turned crap ._.
Oh yeah, and... finding my own style! It's hard >_>

Bonnie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-23-2009, 12:27 AM

I find that drawing feet is the hardest thing for me to do. I can draw a hand okay (I didn't use to, I improved) but the feet I can never perfect. And forget about toes. I never get that right even when I get the feet.

I can't do hair either. I can draw it sort of, but I can never place it right and I can't make decent hairstyles. But when I finally finish the hair I can color it and shade it well.

Supreme Commander Gavrila
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-23-2009, 02:02 AM

The hands are the easiest for me to draw,
(I have a hand fetish ;D
therefore they're fun to draw.)
But after studying anatomy, realistic abs are difficult. ;__;
I always place them incorrectly, or having them flexing incorrectly.
I just can't get them right.

Chaos chaos
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 PM

I have a problem with legs and knees. Probably because it's hard for me to examine them on myself while I'm drawing.
I don't have a huge problem with hands, because I usually draw them fisted since that's how my hands fall naturally. I'm okay with feet too, because I practiced them a lot.
What I do have trouble with, though, as far as hands and feet go, are feet in shoes, and hands directed toward the viewer.

4nj3L
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-25-2009, 10:00 PM

Necks, hands, feet, and proportioning the upper body with the lower part. Right now my head aren't coming out right so all of the above don't matter if can't get the main part right. XD

AngelicCat
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to AngelicCat

Old 01-31-2009, 11:23 PM

The hardest thing for me to draw is HANDS. I can't ever seem to draw them right and CONSTANTLY have to find references for them. Sometimes I still can't get it right *sigh*. Most of my pictures end up with my characters hiding their hands for that very reason LOL

Melopan

Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 AM

For me its the arm for some reason... xD

I can't draw it correctly or straight, y'know.

leasfy
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to leasfy

Old 02-05-2009, 10:45 AM

for me ... fingers and toe D<
quite often I erase my drawing just to get the hand right Dx:illgetu:

SSCeles
*mreow?*
Send a message via AIM to SSCeles Send a message via MSN to SSCeles

Old 02-11-2009, 12:19 AM

Feet. Ankles. Heels. I'm usually okay if I can put my people in shoes, but bare feet really get to me.

About eight years ago, when I was in late middle school, someone complained about my people only having four fingers (well, most americanized cartoons only do have four-fingered people: The Simpsons, Aladdin, etc.) -- and I hated that girl so much, because she made fun of my art and she couldn't even draw a stick figure. So I forced myself to improve. I'm really proud of my hands now.

Each and every year I can look back at the previous year, compare my art, and literally see the improvement in every aspect!

Lunagurl90

Old 02-16-2009, 11:56 PM

hands and just plain proportion of the whole body is hard for me><

Nikechie
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-17-2009, 01:10 AM

For me, feet, ankles, knees, and groin area are the hardest to draw. I know exactly why that is - I've been doing so many head, waist and hip shots that I've never really gotten to draw legs and feet, whereas I've gotten better at hands since I practice so much.
It's hard to get legs to look fluid and natural, yet show where the character's putting their weight. Most of the time, my people look like they're being propped up by a stand, like those dolls that have those waist stands. The other thing is, it's hard to make the legs look like they're on the same plane.

Um... strategies? Sketch it out first, and use references. I mean, I take pictures of myself in the pose (it's progressively easier to do that with cameraphones and webcams), and then study how it is. Mind you, I don't have a model's body, but at least I know what's supposed to be where.

As well, male butts and thighs are hard for me to draw. My male butts always look like female butts and thighs.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 02-17-2009, 03:09 AM

Fingers, toes, and lips... Half the time, my people turn out sort of like frog-people. D: If I'm really having a problem, I'll either take a picture of myself or a friend in the pose. (Different body structures.)

Jesweet
*^_^*

Old 02-18-2009, 03:27 AM

Feet C:
I don't have a lot of troubles with hands because I just grab my handy mirror and see.
(that or I tell my sister to model for me. I ask her to pose too, it's quite hilarious)
Anyways, usually I draw people wear shoes or socks so toes are laughably hard for me.
Looking in the mirror doesn't help because I never draw them much....OTL