Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-19-2007, 05:23 AM

Greetings! I decided to make an art request thread because a) no doubt I'll commission people here, and b) it's nice to have Original Character references organized. I'm doing better about keeping this up to date, so please drop by and leave a comment anytime. :3

Public Gallery:

Click the above banner for a link to my gallery. This page only includes artwork of my OCs (excluding Raster), but my photobucket gallery includes my friends' characters as well. We've gotten some very nice pieces over the years, so please check it out!

Code:
Table of Contents:

________'1. Intro
________'2. Request/Payment Info
 3. Kithley & Raster
_'''' 4. Brody
________'5. Joker Brody
_'''''6. Ferra (Pokémon Trainer)
________'7. Hamlin
________'8. Art Received
________'9. Reserved
NOTE: All of my OC dolls are made by sugii from Gaia. She does not offer free bases, so please don't take them.

Last edited by Ferra; 01-05-2009 at 10:35 AM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-19-2007, 05:23 PM

[Request/Payment Info]

Currently Craving:

- Cheap full or half body commissions or chibis
- Fullbody color pictures of Hamlin, Ransom, or Xeni
- Artwork of my friend's character Lule
- Artwork of my WIP characters Aquilo (ref2) and unnamed zombie girl
- Artwork of my and my friends' new characters: Aphris ([x] [x] [x]), Aram ([x] [x] [x]), and Roarke ([x] [x]).

My Offer:

I'm not desperate for anything right now, which means I'm shopping with a frugal mind. I'd happily negotiate a higher price if you want to offer some super-awesome art, but please don't feel hurt if I decline. This is mostly because I'm saving up for quest items.

Headshots = 600g or less
Busts = 800g or less
Waistups = 1,500g or less
Fullbodies = 2,500g or less
Chibis = 300g-2,500g (depends on quality)

Art freebies are always loved! <3

Last edited by Ferra; 02-12-2010 at 08:17 AM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 05:48 AM

[Kithley & Raster]

These two are tieflings my friend (Oxymoronity) and I made for an RP. They're cousins, but despite being family they reeally don't like each other.

For those unfamiliar with tieflings, I've included two excerpts from websites (found here and here) with information on their species. They describe them a lot better than I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiefling Description
"Tieflings are one of the most varied and individualistic groups in the multiverse. No two alike. A tiefling could be a mass of twitching flesh, all mouths and tentacles, the off-spring of hordling depravities. Or, a tiefling could be no different from a human with a few discoloured patches to his skin or something even less noticeable, say having two hearts."

"Due to their fiendish heritage, tieflings are a sinister and cunning people, often drawn to the path of a rogue and mercenary work. The majority of tieflings have an evil alignment and do not get along well with most other people. Tieflings have no lands to call their own. They make people feel uncomfortable and are generally shunned. Tieflings are a bit shorter than humans and of a more slender build. Most have some kind of physical abnormality that shows their heritage."

[Kithley]

Full Name - Kithley Falden
Birth Date - November 26
Age - 24
Gender - Male
Hair Color - Brown
Hair Style - Short on his left, longer on his right
Eye Color - Brown
Race - Tiefling
Skin Tone - White, not exceptionally pale
Any Scars or Distinguishing Marks - None visible
Build or Body Type - Slender build, but reasonably strong
Height - 5'9" (not counting horns)
Weight - 141lbs
Health Problems - None
Head Accessories - Two small antler-like horns, pointed ears
Misc. Attributes - No shadow, cannot enter "holy" places

Personality: Kithley generally comes off as cocky, if not an ass. But by tiefling standards, he's not a bad guy. Of the two, he's usually the one who makes decisions, primarily because he can read a map. He's sarcastic, but has a mind for tactics and for budgeting their meager income. Despite the racial tensions, Kithley doesn't bear a hatred for all mankind, but instead he assesses everyone on a case by case basis. Unlike Raster, Kithley is fluent in both their native dialect and the common language of the land.

Additional References:

Click the thumbnails to view the full images. The artists of the pictures above are as follows: moa810, cika, Pallid, Doven, Rannsama, and Gya. The artist of the side artwork is Klar.

[Raster] <-- Belongs to Oxymoronity

Full Name - Raster Quinlan
Birth Date - March 28
Age - 27
Gender - Male
Hair Color - Black
Hair Style - Fairly long, but always pulled back
Eye Color - Black
Race - Tiefling
Skin Tone - Blue
Any Scars or Distinguishing Marks - Black marks around eyes, tattooed bands around upper arm
Build or Body Type - Thin and agile, arms and fingers are abnormally long
Height - 5'5"
Weight - (Unknown, but light)
Health Problems - Intolerant to high heat, brittle bones
Head Accessories - All pointed teeth, pointed ears
Misc. Attributes - Unusually flexible

Personality: Raster could almost be described as barbaric, as he's significantly more inclined to his fiendish heritage compared to his cousin. Raster harbors a deep hatred for the more human-like races such as elves, and especially humans themselves. (His father was radically ethnocentric.) Until approached he generally appears cool and composed but will usually react with illogical animosity towards those he doesn't know or like. Needless to say he frequently loses his temper. Anger is really the only emotion he knows how to show and has difficulty conveying what/how he is feeling. Raster is illiterate and only speaks their native dialect (a language specific to the small peninsula where they came from), but understands the gist of the common tongue.

Additional References:

Click the thumbnails to view the full images. The artists of the above pictures are as follows: Harkem,
Glammy, Madh, Oxymoronity (x2), and TsubasaNoUmi. The artist of the side artwork is Battousai777.

Last edited by Ferra; 09-29-2011 at 12:52 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 05:49 AM

[Brody]

Full Name: Brody Edward Smith
Age: 18 (Or twenties depending on what part of the story)
Height: 6ft 1in
Eye Color: Pale blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Fitness Level: Lean and fit, but no upper body strength
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Skin-tone: White, relatively pale
Accessories: Oval-rimmed glasses

Personality: The words "nerd" and "nice guy" seem to be his main description, even at a glance. But his geeky interests and chivalrous nature are by no means his only features. Brody is remarkably intelligent and introspective, making him wise far beyond his years. Although he can function superbly on his own, he greatly enjoys the company of others and respects those he considers as friends. Though he's well spoken (so much so that he habitually corrects others as they speak) he seems to fumble his words around women he finds attractive. Brody also finds it difficult to convey his feelings, but is luckily easy to read. His generosity and patience make him very dependable, except he often takes on too heavy of a workload. Brody may consider himself to be funny; however, he has produced some of the lousiest puns known to man.

Side Note: Has an irrational fear of most wild mushrooms.

Additional References:

Click the thumbnails to view the full images. The artists of the above pictures are as follows: Yamiza, Cebap, fayrenpickpocket, axl99, t0fuu, Tiggerfactory, apricot8585, tire swing, wynahiros, Oxymoronity, and Seisei.

The artist of the side artwork is Enduro.

Last edited by Ferra; 09-29-2011 at 12:55 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 05:50 AM

[Joker Brody]

Despite obvious similarities between Brody and Joker Brody, their characters are actually pretty different. Aside from attire, the two also come from completely different stories. The second story (which we generally refer to as "Kingdoms" for now) was the result of making a card deck using our first story's characters. I think it's pretty obvious what card Brody is. XD

For clarity sake, since the Kingdoms story is set in a fantasy realm, I've included a brief explanation of what's going on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdom's Description
There are four kingdoms representing the four different card suits, and a King, Queen, and Jack (a.k.a. military general) for each. The key elements of this division are the markings unique to the occupants of the kingdoms: a Club on the head, a Spade on the hand, a Diamond on the neck, and a Heart near the "unmentionables". Those very very rare few who do not bear a mark are known as Aces. The setting could be considered a quasi-modern monarchical society. Although it does closer resemble a medieval period, there are some modern comforts like slight medical advances and some small electronics for the super rich.

Full Name: Brody the Black Joker
Height: 6ft 1in
Eye Color: Pale blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Fitness Level: Lean and fit
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Skin-tone: White, relatively pale
Accessories: Oval-rimmed glasses, Joker hat/attire
Card Suit: Aces (no mark)

Personality: It's debatable as to whether or not Brody is a good person, as even his seemingly good intentions are dubious at best. But he's well known for his humanitarian efforts, and seems to have friends in all levels of society. Brody is cunning and tactful, often poking fun at his audience right under their noses while still being received as a light-hearted entertainer. It's unknown exactly what he hopes to achieve by meddling in political affairs, but he's certainly gained profound influence as of late.

Brief Back-story: As the illegitimate son of a Duke and his maid, Brody came from very humble beginnings. His lack of birthmark also caused trouble, landing him briefly in a position of slavery. But after his rocky childhood, he grew up into a well-educated philanthropist of sorts. His title of "Black Joker" originated from his role in an acting troupe, which he later adopted as his identity.

Additional References:

Click the thumbnails to view the full images. The artists of the above pictures are as follows: Omittchi (top of post), Kimiko, LittleDogStar (x2), ph1shf00d, pd-inc, fongmingyun, Cebap, and ProdigyBombay. (PS - The ProdigyBombay picture is of Brody dressed like the Jack of Spades.)

Last edited by Ferra; 09-08-2008 at 05:34 AM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 05:50 AM

[Ferra]

Oh yes, I do still play Pokémon. A while back my friends and I created trainers for an RP, and this is mine. It does bother me some that I reused the name Ferra for my trainer, but I couldn't find a better one that fit. I don't have very many references of her so her design is still a matter of interpretation.

Full Name - Ferra K. Nanashi
Nickname - Ferra
Home Town - Lilycove City (Hoenn)
Birth Date - April 16
Age - 19
Gender - Female
Hair Color - Light Blue
Hair Style - Shoulder length (hat on top)
Eye Color - Sea foam green
Skin Tone - Light
Any Scars or Distinguishing Marks - A small scar on her lower left leg
Build or Body Type - Skinny, moderately athletic
Height - 5'3"
Weight - 113lbs
Any Health Problems - Prone to colds
Accessories - A Spinda backpack

Personality/Back-story: Ferra is very gung-ho and eccentric when it comes to Pokémon, which can make her a bit difficult to handle. But in spite of her social shortcomings, her skills with Pokémon are excellent. Ferra's rigorous training eventually paid off, gaining her access to the prestigious Pokémon League. However, the disappointment of finding out her greatest rival resigned shortly beforehand led to her having an emotional breakdown. But headstrong as always, Ferra resumed her adventure with dreams of now becoming a famous Pokémon breeder. And unfortunately for her "friend" Advent, she's pegged him as her new rival.

Pokémon: [List 1] [List 2] [List 3]

Additional References:

Click the thumbnails to view the full images. The artists of the above pictures are as follows:
Katie Tiedrich, Razznana neko Jikuko (x3), linapoo, Kidoairaku, and Oxymoronity (x3).

Last edited by Ferra; 09-08-2013 at 01:35 AM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 05:51 AM

[Hamlin]

Hamlin is a zombie hunter from a world that apparently endorses the use of impractical weapons. The story is set in a barren desert overrun with zombies, where she accompanies two brothers as they fight the undead for profit. You can see pictures of her companions Ransom and Xeni here.

Full Name - Hamlin Lark Tait
Age - 23
Gender - Female
Hair Color - Light brown
Hair Style - Short, cropped
Eye Color - Bluish-green
Race - Human
Skin Tone - White, not exceptionally tan
Any Scars or Distinguishing Marks - No visible scars, she heals rather well
Build or Body Type - Tomboyish frame, physically strong but fairly flat-chested
Height - 5'10"
Weight - Not your business
Head Accessories - Goggles (protects from sand and when she's driving her bike)
Misc. Attributes - Has a slight British accent
Weapons - Oversized croquet mallet & balls

Personality: Strong both physically and emotionally, Hamlin has flourished despite her rough situation. Although she's often dismissed as a bit pushy or "weird", she's pretty sociable when given the chance. However, she loses whatever girlish charm she might have while bashing zombie heads in. Aside from on the battlefield, Hamlin is rather easy-going and tries to spend her days making the most of what she's given. Living under the motto "life is uncertain," her romantic pursuits have been sporadic and short-lived.

Additional References:

Click the thumbnails to view the full images. The artists of the above pictures are as follows: yanyan13,
Razznana neko Jikuko (x2), CentraDragon, Glammy, Mai, and Oxymoronity. The artist of the side artwork is Gya.

Last edited by Ferra; 09-29-2011 at 01:57 PM..

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 06:00 AM

[Reserved]

Last edited by Ferra; 09-08-2008 at 05:35 AM..

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 04-22-2007, 06:46 AM

I know you. :o

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Ah yes, yes you do! :O I know a lot of people on here, it's crazy. (Though granted, most of the people I know of I don't know personally aside from commissioning a handful of them.)

How are you? :3

Sethirius
*^_^*

Old 04-22-2007, 10:30 AM

Hrmm~ Your characters seems pretty cool... I'm quite tempted to draw them. xDD;;;

Chroma
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Chroma

Old 04-22-2007, 04:35 PM

Whoahwhoawhoah, you were able to get arts from so many talented artists. *___* -=Envies=-

Meh, your characters are awesome. :3
I might try drawing them sometime. X,D <3

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 04-22-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongmingyun
Ah yes, yes you do! :O I know a lot of people on here, it's crazy. (Though granted, most of the people I know of I don't know personally aside from commissioning a handful of them.)

How are you? :3
Haha, yeah - so many artists her i know.

As for how I'm doing... Lol. I'm hungry. XD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 07:22 PM

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting any replies, hurray! <3

@Sethirius: Thank you! :3 I love any art since it's pretty apparent I'm an art collector. XD I'm glad my characters are interesting.

@Chroma: Thank you! <3 Yeah, I too am a bit amazed by my luck. o__o; I did commission most of them, but some were also freebies or kiribans. I also happen to be friends with some awesome artists in real life (It was weird, we started hanging out and I realized I was the only one who couldn't draw. XD) Then again, a lot of the art I receive isn't of any of my characters specifically since I like getting art for my friends of their characters too.

@fongmingyun: Ugh, I'm a bit hungry too since I just woke up. (It's noon here, whoops. ^^;) But luckily that's usually just a temporary condition. :3 (And I think it's a good thing so many artists migrated here, but I largely foresee them becoming the richest Menewshans, so I hope that won't change their pricing/availability too much. It's times like these I wish I had marketable talents. =/)

ChochoGami
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Yo idiot, shiggity, told you I had an account. D:

Chroma
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Chroma

Old 04-22-2007, 07:45 PM

Wow, freebies and kiribans. O_O
Yeeah, it's crazy how you're able to get art from them. XDD
I squeeled at the ones you got from Pallid, Apricot and Enduro. *____*
The rest are also beautifaaal much. 8D
I'm an art whore but never seem to have luck hunting down artists. X,3

Ooh, really? Haha, maybe they inspire you to start drawing and you'll be crazy good one day. XDDD
I swear, I have to draw Kithley for you after I finish my auction pic. XDDD -=Rabus on his outfit=- >w<

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChochoGami
Yo idiot, shiggity, told you I had an account. D:
Lol, heeey! Yes, I knew you had one, but you didn't tell me your username. =/ Do you want me to go back an edit the post with your Menewshan username?

@Chroma: I dunno, I just gradually managed to get more art by snagging freebie slots or kiribans on dA if I was patient enough. XD (I have at least a couple hundred artists watched on dA though. o___o;)

Yeah, I really enjoy those three you mentioned. :3 The one from Pallid is actually a watercolor commission I got in person from her at Sakura Con. (And naw, if anything I was inspired to practice writing, since I think I'm better at that than drawing.) And I'd love if you drew Kithley whenever you have the time. :3

ChochoGami
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-22-2007, 08:37 PM

Naw, keep it my DA name.. or this name, whichever is fine for you. I don't really plan on being too active on this site.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-22-2007, 08:41 PM

Right-o. I'll just leave it as it is for now. I need to setup my Joker Brody post and maybe use the next post after that for Ferra from our Pokemon RP. I dunno who else I should put since I don't have very many art-worthy characters. =/ (Maybe Obert just to fill space since he's not really mine per-say.)

MaraciaNiAsa
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-23-2007, 01:12 AM

XD I love all the little sprites you have in your sig! Good luck with your art requests! <3

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-23-2007, 01:36 AM

@MaraciaNiAsa: Ah thank you! Those were done by a pixel-artist on Gaia. ^^ I'm hoping to finish posting the rest of my characters' info by tonight. *still working on it* I still need to save up more gold though if I ever want to properly compensate an artist.

mai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-23-2007, 01:52 AM

ooooh now I remember where I see these characters before. you and your friend held gaia contest awhile ago ya? I even wanted to give it a try. wip <-- kinda forgot about it and never get around to finish it in time before the contest end T3T

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-23-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai
ooooh now I remember where I see these characters before. you and your friend held gaia contest awhile ago ya? I even wanted to give it a try. wip <-- kinda forgot about it and never get around to finish it in time before the contest end T3T
OMG! That's an awesome WIP. :D (In fact, you very likely would have won something. D:)

Yes, that was our contest. Darn, I wish I could compensate you if you'd be willing to finish the picture. >__< (We have like 10k on the contest mule still, but that's not a lot in Gaian gold. I could throw in some of my items too though.)

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 04-30-2007, 01:03 AM

I've updated my 6th post to show all the art I've gotten so far. ^^

[Raster by Mai]
[Brody by Thunder Rei]
[Brody by aiyatsukichan]
[Joker Brody by Mai]