Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-03-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
That's a true point... I suppose a storage shed can take all the furniture. I will run that by itty and see what she thinks
Also, building onto or redesigning an exaisting house might be an option...
The BF's parents house started out as a small 2 bedroom cottage that became a 2 bedroom home with a sunroom and and office...then it ultimately became an 8 bedroom home with a new office, 2 bathrooms and a finished basement.
His mom knew lots of people that helped on the last remodel because she did their taxes, so she got some cheap and free labor.
I must warn that finding a reputable contractor is key...and never pay money up front.
The original contractor took $10,000 and disappeared!

MintyRey
N00b

Old 07-04-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Wow, it’s been a long time, PK and MintyRey. O: Nice to see you guys again~
Hi Kent! Nice to see you again too! Or not see you, I guess ^u^;; My browser doesn't seem to be showing your avi, just your avi background.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-05-2019, 01:40 AM

lol That’s actually a new option for your avi that was added a few years back. On the avatar page, you can choose an invisible base~ So you can showcase backgrounds~

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-05-2019, 05:54 AM

Inzane - sadly remodeling isn't an option, as my current house is a cheap made manufatured home, and in 10 years a hurricane would probably destroy it at the rate of increase. The house wasn't really built to last as long as it already has. Also with that label on it nobody wants to insure it so my rates on insurance arent the best. (Most people wont ensure a manufactured home because its not a "real house")

Definitely an idea to consider with the real house later, but we've got big plans for the future for a big foster kitty room.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 07-05-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
lol That’s actually a new option for your avi that was added a few years back. On the avatar page, you can choose an invisible base~ So you can showcase backgrounds~
hi kent!!!

---------- Post added 07-05-2019 at 05:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Inzane - sadly remodeling isn't an option, as my current house is a cheap made manufatured home, and in 10 years a hurricane would probably destroy it at the rate of increase. The house wasn't really built to last as long as it already has. Also with that label on it nobody wants to insure it so my rates on insurance arent the best. (Most people wont ensure a manufactured home because its not a "real house")

Definitely an idea to consider with the real house later, but we've got big plans for the future for a big foster kitty room.
KITTIES!!!!!!! i love kitties! i want to get another one. but i also want to make sure i can afford to. but yes, i want more kitties

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 07-07-2019, 09:13 AM

Recently (as in a few weeks ago), this fluffy black boy showed up on our porch. He literally meowed at the door to come in because he'd picked me as his human and this as his home. Hell, when Mom came in from being outside (she smokes, and thank GOD she does so outside. Yyyyyick.) he'd literally try and come in with her X'D. It was so adorable, and he's such a sweetheart, and to me that's enough proof that this is that baby's home. Mom on the other hand wanted to take him to the shelter--which is always full. People in my town apparently don't adopt pets fast enough to make room for new ones ;(

Anyway, since only the gods know what my mom would've done upon finding out the shelter's full and that animal control can't do anything either...because any pets that're dropped off there just go to the animal shelter too...well, I recruited a couple friends of mine X'D. Both are cat lovers like me, so Gamer (I'm using her Discord name, but we know each other in real life) recruited her uncle to come and pick up the black kitty one evening (boy would only come out like, after seven so that's when I told them to show up) and take him over to a friend of ours...who is also a nerd and bigtime cat lover X'D. And I did not tell Mom about this, otherwise she may very well have scooped up the baby and taken him out to the shelter without telling me.

And yes, I did warn the cat lady friend about this X'D.

So that was...wow, about three weeks ago now? The friend with lots of cats has been fostering this boy and he's a muuuch happier kitty, and the eye we thought he was blind in turns out to be okay; the vet came a few days later to look at a few of her other cats, so we had him take a look at fluffy boy's eye and he perscribed him some eye drops, which have drastically improved how good his eye looks. But he's still got the battle scar from where he got swiped--and likely caused the discoloration that had made it look like he had a bad eye.

Though now...I need to convince mom that I can have a third cat X'D. Because despite the fact that he's staying at a friend's for the time being, he's claimed me as his human mama. Which, I have no problems with, because LOOK AT THIS BOY!

And he's so sweet, definitely wants a home and a hooman of his own, and he's a snuggler . Not to mention that he purrs like a little fuzzy lawnmower .

So yeah. I need to get Mom to let me bring Dimitri Midnight (that's his name, and it suits him rather well) home...and see how he gets on with the girls >_>;. He's a pretty zen boy, so I'm fairly certain it'd smooth out rather easily, buuut....

In the meantime, he's staying at Geekhaven--that's the friend's place. And I'm keeping an eye out for this tortishell kitten who's been around a few times, who's also a friendly kitty. I just hope that the next time I see her, I can get hold of her and get her over to the same friend's XP. Unless she's claimed me like Dimitri has, hoo boy....

I am a cat magnet.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 07-07-2019, 11:48 AM

awwwwww such a cutie!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-07-2019, 12:56 PM

BSW - Have you considered fostering kitties? Eventually you gotta let them go be adopted (we saw one get adopted and it was the greatest feeling).

Tai - Ooh.. hehe that's similar to how itty adopted one of her kitties. Though sadly we lost him due to some issues but when we tried to get him out of the shelter (black cat and all) he had already managed to sucker his way out into someone's home within 24 hours.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 07-08-2019, 08:02 AM

Awwwh. ;-;

My other two cats are rescues as well; another of my friends' mom (whom I like faaar less than her son, who I'm friends with) apparetly has a kid or nephew or...I dunno the relation, but he's a cat magnet. As they were moving to a smaller space, they didn't have the room to take the girls in so they put up a sign in the vet's office to see if they had a human or humans already, but since nobody contacted them they started trying to find them a home. They did, with me X'D

It was literally a case of me falling in love at first sight, and those girls--Hela and Minerva (formerly Bella, not the right name for the girl at all) very promptly saying "omg you're mom!"

And even though my mom said "only one"...I wasn't going to separate my girls. They were bonded as sisters, and I couldn't bear to take them away from each other. And I'm happy I didn't; double the cuddles 8D

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-08-2019, 04:55 PM

Aww that sounds adorable.
Do you ever get an earful if you're gone for too long?

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-08-2019, 05:48 PM

Hey, bsw, how’ve you been? O:

*reads kitty stories with glee*

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 07-11-2019, 08:33 AM

@ Poet: Not yet, though allegedly they know when I'm going to be home soon because they'll start looking around the apartment and in aaaaalllll the windows, and run to the door when they see me ride up the parking lot (I have a trike that I ride to work). It drives Mom nuts X'D
I on the other hand am more than happy to give them hello cuddles when I get home~

@ Kent: All the purrs!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-11-2019, 04:36 PM

I think they might use scent to determine time. I know dogs do this.
Well obviously cuddles are mandatory upon arrival. XD

Not too familiar with what a trike is. Is that like a motorized tricycle?

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 07-12-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
BSW - Have you considered fostering kitties? Eventually you gotta let them go be adopted (we saw one get adopted and it was the greatest feeling).

Tai - Ooh.. hehe that's similar to how itty adopted one of her kitties. Though sadly we lost him due to some issues but when we tried to get him out of the shelter (black cat and all) he had already managed to sucker his way out into someone's home within 24 hours.
i have, but its complicated.

---------- Post added 07-12-2019 at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Hey, bsw, how’ve you been? O:

*reads kitty stories with glee*
great! been painting and sewing up a storm. its been so much fun. i think i might have accidentally built a very fun community on twitch. its been great.

how about you?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 07-12-2019, 03:29 PM

*reads Kent's title* Oh wow can't believe Mene's 12 years old already!

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 07-13-2019, 01:03 AM

<3 Will always love you guys. Sharing my first avatar art in here for old times sake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 222374_5376423053_6652_n.jpg (38.1 KB, 3 views)

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 07-14-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
wow is it really? thats crazy!

---------- Post added 07-14-2019 at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterwolfgoddess View Post
<3 Will always love you guys. Sharing my first avatar art in here for old times sake.
looks great still!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-14-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
great! been painting and sewing up a storm. its been so much fun. i think i might have accidentally built a very fun community on twitch. its been great.

how about you?
Sounds nice! You’re so creative. * u* I’m jealous. > o>

I’ve been so lazy. I feel like I barely do anything, just work and spend time with family. I want to start drawing more and maybe open for usd commissions soon, but I keep holding it off.. I’ve been worrying about my cat too since he’s getting old and can barely walk now. ; o;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Yep! It turned 12 in January. ; w;

---------- Post added 07-14-2019 at 02:08 PM ----------

And wow, that’s some beautiful art, winterwolfgoddess! I wonder where the artist is now. O:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 07-15-2019, 12:32 AM

this is the northern lights painting i made earlier in the week:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz1iy_IAwDK/

it was a lot of fun. and tomorrow morning, im going to start working on the hexagon quilt dress. you can watch me on twitch if you want.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-03-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I think they might use scent to determine time. I know dogs do this.
Well obviously cuddles are mandatory upon arrival. XD

Not too familiar with what a trike is. Is that like a motorized tricycle?
Indeed they are X'D. Now it's triple the cuddles, because DIMITRI'S HOME!

It's a regular non-motorized trike, like this:
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.o...UwHaHa&pid=Api
I never learned learned to ride bicycle properly, so last year I saved up and got one so I have my own transportation at last ^^

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 08-03-2019, 09:27 AM

oh wow thats great Taiyo! good for you! having your own transportation is basically getting your freedom. its like the best thing ever.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-04-2019, 07:53 AM

Indeed X'D. It still won't stop my mom from turning into the world's biggest neurotic though. I swear, she'll call me at work (thank god my boss is chill) and tell me that I might want to leave my trike in her garage, because there's a slight chance of rain. Not a storm, not even a guarantee...just a slight chance of a little bit of rain, not even enough to affect the roadways even if it did rain.

I don't think she likes it XP

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-05-2019, 04:38 AM

That's a pretty cool trike. Ever plan to get a motorized one?

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 08-05-2019, 05:53 PM

your mom cares. and thats a good thing. even if she cares too much <3

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 08-06-2019, 08:06 AM

@ Poet: At this point, nope. I don't do a whole lot of out-of-town riding, so my regular trike is perfect for my regular commute and rown-exploring X'D

@ BSW: Yeah...waaaayyyy too much. She's starting to act like her mother, who was an emotionally and psychologically abusive bitch who got off on taking everything you like and tearing it apart and making you feel like shit because she was a bitter old fucking bitch who was pissed off at the fact that she was old and cranky and sad and angry and I was still young and not-fucking-miserable.
You can see why I don't want my mom to turn into that.