Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 06-22-2007, 09:32 PM

Hands. I'm telling you, without a doubt, hands frighten me. xD How do I overcome? I run like a pansy. I don't draw them at all.

Swansong
The mene ditcher

Old 06-27-2007, 06:22 AM

I struggle with hands ;_; That and I can never get both eyes on my figures to look the same!

I've found many Hand drawing tutorials though so that helps me alot~!

Kirachi
Send a message via MSN to Kirachi

Old 06-28-2007, 07:50 AM

Ah hands are quite hard like everyone else says but I also find poses and expressions hard xD.

For the life of me I can't stand drawing someone looking angry...they look so... angry xDDD.

nyappy
n/a

Old 06-28-2007, 06:50 PM

I have trouble drawing ears...and i usually forget about drawing them o_o"

Drey

Old 06-30-2007, 04:32 PM

It would be, like most people have said here, the hands and feet. I find drawing bare feet facing the front slightly difficult, though since most of the time I draw the characters with shoes on, or just chop off whats below the knee.

As for hands, since they're exposed most of the time, I find the positioning of the hands to be the difficult part since at times, I tend to draw the thumb facing the wrong direction, and it turns out very awkward.

The above two would be mainly for my anime drawings.

As for realism, I guess the most difficult one for me to do would be either the nose, lips of the clothes, since most of the time I do bust up pieces. The shading is really difficult at times, and I can't possibly seem to get the shading right for the lips, and sadly, it doesn't look correct at all. I have a difficult time shading clothes that have texture on them as well, cause I want to make them look as real as possible.

For the hands though, what would be difficult for me is doing the nails. @_@

PliR
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2007, 02:10 AM

Feet is a tough especially if it's the last thing you draw. I use to start top to bottom and had all the detail on top. Then I'd get lost or tired when I got to the bottom. Not the way to go~

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-04-2007, 05:47 AM

i admire people who draw feet well
it's so easy for them, i am HORRIBLE at feet. i just haven't had enough practice drawing them and am only really used to seeing my own so whenever i draw someone barefoot they have my feet :/

Violin Violetta

Old 07-04-2007, 04:56 PM

er... lets just say I can only draw hair well, and hair accessories. >.>;

Florentine
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Fet are so fun to draw. Can't believe so many people posted that they hate drawing feet. They're actually really easy once you've practiced realism for a little while.

The hip/waist/torso area gives me the most problems.

Jinny
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-05-2007, 06:18 AM

Lol... I agree with the hands and feet, but if I don't concentrate too hard and not too less, I can make pretty good outlines of them and go on from there.

The hardest for me is to get a female's chest or 'boobs' to look proportional. Either they're lopsided, smaller than the other, or when at an angle, you're unsure of how to draw it. Being a girl as I am, I try to pose and find different references too.

Edit: But a male's body would be hard too. I'm really unsure how to draw one, even outlining it. Cause I draw my men really flat chested, yet I show a bit of muscle here and there. And maybe, because men do have a tendency to look like females, ESPECIALLY with huge eyes and so forth. =(

Saz
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Saz

Old 07-05-2007, 03:15 PM

I think everyone says the same lol

But yea, Hands are a hard part to draw, but feet are even worse! *shudder* I hate feet x_____X;;

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Flying Wings

Old 07-05-2007, 03:58 PM

Feet and hands. D: I do the same thing with my art! x___X DD: I always draw lopsided too..T___T

Nagahashi_Miharu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Hands and feet like most people. Feet are harder, though. I also have problems making hips look porportional on females, and guys who have long hair.

morrissey
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via ICQ to morrissey Send a message via AIM to morrissey Send a message via MSN to morrissey Send a message via Yahoo to morrissey

Old 07-05-2007, 07:16 PM

Hands, feet and head features. I suck at them.

Twism
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2007, 04:19 AM

Yupyup, hands and feet TT

Prinny God
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-12-2007, 05:41 AM

Sides of faces and hands x__x.

Nanami
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 PM

I think feet.
I've always found it hard to draw hands too, but recently, I've started to feel more comfortable about drawing hands ^w^
Feets is another story >_>; I almost never drew fullbodies before, and now I have problem with drawing feet XD [and.. legs/knees..] But I'm working on it!
I also fins it hard to draw front-view faces. XD;

Smith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-12-2007, 08:24 PM

I have real problems when it comes to feet x.x.. they never look good, and also profiles are very difficult to get.

Another problem for me are the eyes, they are never right one is up one down, one smaller than it should be, etc. Hands are difficult but I like how they look even if they are a lil crappy^^

nocturnal miyu
(。・ω・&...

Old 07-12-2007, 09:37 PM

hands and feet... but it really depends on the pose... if i have to draw someone just standing, then yeah, those are the hardest... but if it were some moving pose... OMG... the hands and feet are the least of my worries... XD

kurama_grl
*^_^*

Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 PM

I'd have to say hands. They can move in so many different ways, that it is easy to mess up and have them look weird. XP

Zefster
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-14-2007, 04:32 PM

Hands are hard for me, but what I really have a problem with is the shoulder/neck region. Lately I've been getting better, but I still need a lot of work. XD

blazing_angel47
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-16-2007, 08:59 PM

I hate drawing hands and sometimes feet. But I think that I'm getting a little better at them... sometimes I also hate drawing the neck and shoulder area cuz it's like the neck is too short and the shoulders are too broad... :( Or like the neck is too long and the shoulders are too small... :?

Karril

Old 07-17-2007, 12:52 AM

I have problems in the shoulder/chest general area. I don't know why, but I can't draw it right. D: The female chest is especially hard for me, and especially when drawing the arm pits and then the arm width from there.

Hana
The thing known as Cyndel
Send a message via AIM to Hana Send a message via MSN to Hana Send a message via Yahoo to Hana

Old 07-17-2007, 10:12 PM

Hands are the hardest part for me as well. I usually try to hide them behind the back or under long flowy sleeves...

If I can't then I try to find a picture of a hand posed pretty much the way that I want it and look at that while I'm drawing.

I apparently have a problem with keeping the eyes aligned, too... I can draw eyes nicely I just can't keep them proportional. One's usually shaped just a tiny bit different than the other or a little higher or lower. *sighs*

Feralin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Feralin

Old 07-18-2007, 07:52 AM

Definitely hands and feet for me, too. DX

I need a reference to draw them and even then they still look crappy.