Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 09:55 AM

So, I am a self-proclaimed creature of the night.
And I'm searching for fellow insomniacs to chat and make friends with.
Of course you don't have to be an insomniac to chat here, I mean, I am completely aware of time zones.
So, I'm Pickles, I'm an insomniac, and! I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.
[totally made this thread during Easter].

Veiss Wynd
Character Modeler

Old 11-01-2009, 10:03 AM

xD I kind of like repeated threads from past events - though I wasn't here for the Easter event.

I used to be a terrible insomniac. I am more active at night though. Dunno why. Maybe cause I was born at night. Like at 9:23 I think.
Going to bed soon. School wont let me keep this sort of schedule D:

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 AM

It's only 2AM though :P

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 10:07 AM

x3 Yeah, repeated threads are noticed [hopefully] easily.
[Though I kinda ran away after page two for the rest of the event].

What have you been doing to keep your insomnia in check?
I was born at night as well, 9:47. xD The only good amount of sleep I got was the night they brought me home.
I slept for 24 hours and they weren't able to make me sleep since!

Insomniac:: D: Lucky. It's 4am for me.

Lady Luck Infinity
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-01-2009, 10:10 AM

Hi. I admit to being nocturnal. I'm not a total all nighter type person but I'm usually not in bed asleep before 3 am.

Veiss Wynd
Character Modeler

Old 11-01-2009, 10:11 AM

Also 2AM here D:

I don't really have anything to help me sleep earlier. I have a terrible habit of doing things online, like right now. I'm working on 3 halloween events for 3 avatar sites D;
For a while, I let my body wear out until it just needed to collapse. Terrible feeling though.

When I know I have school and gotta get up early, I tend to go to bed earlier than usual, like around this hour. The few hours of sleep usually help me or rather, encourage me to want to go to bed earlier...but I have another really bad habit - I like to play a DS game while in bed with the lights off...I try to excuse it as "sort of sleeping." Ended up beating a game once and staying up till 8AM. It sort of did feel like I slept and the game was a dream, but gosh, I knocked out just minutes after beating it.

HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 11-01-2009, 10:16 AM

LoL I havent slept last night, it is now 10:15 am does that count as insomniac? xD

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 AM

Lady Luck:: That's not too bad, at least that gives you time to get a good amount of sleep in before your day starts.
Veiss:: xD Oh man, I've done that game thing quite a few times!!
I ended up playing a game for two days straight and when I finally passed out, I ended up dreaming my video game wife divorced me because I couldn't get her pregnant, and it woke me up, so I went right back to the game.

I actually work / feel better on less sleep. My room mate has been in the habit of drugging me into long sleeps and it ends up making me feel really horrible.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

You pretty much make it to the cut HC XD

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

HC:: xD Definitely!
whitebeast:: Hello!!

HC-Gal

Old 11-01-2009, 10:19 AM

So hi, I'm HC-Gal or Vee, how is everyone doing?

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 10:20 AM

Alright, Vee. ;]
I'm doing alright, I finally got my drunken room mate to sleep so I have time to relax.
How are you?

HC-Gal

Old 11-01-2009, 10:24 AM

I'm alriiight, I'm admiring the witch lady in the background image, I might get my partner to dress up like that.. Hmm..

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 10:25 AM

I'm completely gaga for the DotD theme they have going.
It's so bright and colorful.

HC-Gal

Old 11-01-2009, 10:26 AM

Yeah its really awesome

Veiss Wynd
Character Modeler

Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 AM

@Pickles: Dx As in slip in some pills in your drink kind of drug you to sleep? My old roomie tried to convince me to take muscle relaxants. Apparently they're supposed to feel very relaxing? I unno, but she complained to me about them making her feel sluggish xD

LoL! What game was that? Only one I can think of with pregnancy is Fable 2. Funny good game. Love the first one better though.

HC-Gal

Old 11-01-2009, 10:30 AM

LOL well duuuuh Muscle relaxants are 'Relaxants' they're not about to make you relaxingly smooth and fast.

Ahsumino
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2009, 10:32 AM

hey forum <3

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 10:33 AM

xD Oh no, I'd kill him if he tried to slip me stuff in my drink.
He just shoves me handfuls of Benadryl and Melatonin. He likes when we fall asleep together.
D: What was she expecting to feel? Springy and vibrant? xD

Rune Factory :: Frontier. xD I so want to play Fable 2!

Ahsumino:: ;D Hey! How are you?

HC-Gal

Old 11-01-2009, 10:34 AM

I need some hotpants for my avvy, though I'm aiming for some stockings, white ones of course :3

Pickles: OOOH, Rune Factory!!! I love that game! *huggles*

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 10:37 AM

Eee!! [huggles] I adore that game! I can't wait to play it again once I get my Wii back from a friend.

Veiss Wynd
Character Modeler

Old 11-01-2009, 10:37 AM

@HC-Gal: xD Well, it sounded tempting. I hoped for smooth and fast relief.

@Pickles: Aws, I see. It's the medicine drug kind of drowsy - what I just like to call drugged. It feels so weird. Can't stand having to sleep it off. Makes me feel strangely jittery. Took some Nyquil recently that just made me feel horrible. I was afraid that I was feeling a sort of allergic reaction.

8D Aws, I want that game ! ! ! I played and beat Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon for DS. I was reluctant to buy the second game on DS, but the blurb on the back sounded too ridiculously similar to the first one. It was too recent.
Fable 2 is just fun. Final boss made me drop the controller as well as my jaw and my brows.

HC-Gal

Old 11-01-2009, 10:39 AM

Wait-wait, Wii? Theres a Wii Rune Factory?! OMG I gotta get a Wii and Rune Factory nao!

Wait, Fable 2's last boss was the big Shard thing right? That thing was disappointing as all heck. I wanted a big fight with Lucian, but we got that stupid shard thing..

Pickles
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 10:44 AM

D: I can't stand sleeping it off either.
If I sleep more than four hours, I end up feeling achy, sore, and in need of more sleep.
Whenever [which is nearly every night] I get 'drugged' I end up sleeping for 8 hours and it takes me half the day to feel right.

D: Nyquil is the devil. I think the only time I was drugged and felt like I was going to die, was when I accidentally made a pot of really, really strong coffee, but drank it anyway [with liquor] and my room mate gave me three benadryl, four melatonin [in broken doses, like I still couldn't sleep, so he'd throw more at me], and my heart felt like it was going to explode.

Oh! The second rune factory for DS is so fun! You get to play as the kid! And you can be a girl!

Vee:: ;D Yeah! It came out in March!

HC-Gal

Old 11-01-2009, 10:45 AM

Wow thats just silly, you should only take what a doctor approves. He could easily have killed you doing that.

Edit: Oooooh!! Thats awesome! I want it! *saves for Wii and Rune Factory*