YamiSora
~

Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 PM

seeing all this Halloween stuff reminds me of vampire which reminds me of when I was little and my mom and i would constantly watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
and for movies, ones like Blade.

so this whole thing about Twilight and how vampires are more popular than ever has kinda made me annoyed. and the fact that more vampire shows are popping up trying to get into this so called craze.

There ALREADY has been good shows with vampires. they sticked to vampire rules like instead of vampires being SPARKLY, they should burst into flames......it's more fun to watch! XDD

And the fact that on Buffy and Angel, the vampires actually had to change human face to vampire face, instead of just having a human face with sharp teeth.....though I admit, with some people it made them look ugly, but if it was for badguys, it just made it even easier to hate them! LAWL

So, talk about if you agree with me or not. Talk about the shows and movies, etc. about vampires.

(and yea I know, it sounded like a rant, tried hard not to sound like one XP)

Beliar
*^_^*

Old 11-02-2009, 09:12 PM

I used to love Buffy the Vampire Slayer <3 It always came on after one of the shows my Dad watched and it looked interesting. I watched it for a while. I've never been a huge fan towards vampires, oh I like them but I usually read/watch about other things. I liked the Vampire Chronicles. Anne Rice made them more realistic and believable than any other story I've read. After reading those it makes it hard to read any other story, I was picky enough as it was. My friends were obsessed with Twilight, a few grew out of it but not all of them, but I could never get into it. I thought the idea was stupid and I didn't like her writing style.

Death3334
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2009, 09:23 PM

Got to agree with ya twilight has ruined vampires forever i don't think anything will save them from the horror that is twilight.

Urboros
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2009, 09:50 PM

well I do like vampires not as much as other mythic creatures though, they're right next to gnomes *shiver* gnomes are scary.

I would have to say twilight (horrible litrature ought to be sold as drabble) ruined vampires. rather the fan following did since if the book had flooped the author wouldn't have as much funding to make another drabble.
:/

YamiSora
~

Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 PM

oh yea............gnomes.....................eeek >.<

Edward_IV
Lord of all that is psycho and b...
Send a message via AIM to Edward_IV Send a message via MSN to Edward_IV Send a message via Yahoo to Edward_IV

Old 11-02-2009, 09:52 PM

I remember back in the day when vampires were feared creatures. Creatures that would strike at night and drain you of your blood either turning you into one or just killing you... Not some pretty boy that everyone is obsessed about... Ew.

Oh, Sora! About your siggy. Go to youtube and look up Resident Fantasy.

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 11-02-2009, 09:55 PM

I like your costume, Yamisora.
But yeah, I hate it when a certain race in fantasy is sooooo much better than others. Elves are like that already- we don´t need another race whom we can´t argue with. Besides, aren´t vampires supposed to be ugly- on the inside, at least?

Sugared Tart
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 PM

I personally have no problem with the new versions.. that just makes a wider range for a large audience. If you dont like those just stick with the old ones. :3 Not to sound rude or anything... Just my opinion.. Because I think I like the new twilight versions.. maybe because they are easier to like.... who knows. maybe its just cause they are hot. XD I just go with the flow and watch what appeals to me and let other people watch what appeals to them. :3 This was probly a pointless rant that everyone already knows.. but its my opinion. :3

Happy halloween event everyone! XD

edit - btw.. I really liked queen of the damned. XD

Last edited by Sugared Tart; 11-02-2009 at 09:59 PM..

Lady Luck Infinity
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2009, 10:05 PM

I've always stuck to Anne Rice's version of vampires and only recently emraced the Laurell K. Hamilton ones. Their vampres are so much more believable and twisted in ways deeper than drinking human blood.

Twilight is just vampires dumbed down for the younger generations.

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2009, 10:09 PM

"Dumbed down"... Hey, why didn´t I think of that before? :XD

Last edited by Kalium; 11-03-2009 at 07:09 PM..

GoCloud!
Final Fantasy Fan!!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 PM

I rather agree. Vampires aren't meant to "sparkle" when they're hit with sun light. They're meant to start burning and feel pain from being in the sun light. Plus, this'll change the out look of vampires, having the younger generation think of vampires as sparkly creatures instead of being frightened like the older generation. Poor younger generation..*pat*

Lady Luck Infinity
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2009, 10:17 PM

I personally like the image going around the internet. It says, 'Then Buffy staked Edward. The End.'

TheYaoiButterfly
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to TheYaoiButterfly Send a message via Yahoo to TheYaoiButterfly

Old 11-02-2009, 10:23 PM

I never watched Buffy or Angel too much...but yeah...the few episodes I saw of Angel were actually not too bad. In fact, the episodes I saw where Angel was god damn creepy o_o I saw the part when Angelus came out and started terrorizing everyone. God he was creepy. but anyways. YEAH. The Twilight series sucks, and I refuse to watch the movie...and I saw a clip for the New Moon movie...THEY CAN'T EVEN GET THE WOLVES RIGHT!!!! I read up to book 3...I started reading book 4, but it pissed me off so much. Anyways...yeah...Meyers put emphasis on the fact that each wolf had different fur coloring...and the iTunes clip of the movie where Bella slaps Paul, PAUL AND JAKE HAD THE EXACT SAME FUR COLORING! The people making this movie can even get a simple thing like that right >_< *sigh*...whatever...the books sucked anyways...so it makes sense the movies would suck too 8D

@Infinity: XDDDD omg YES! That would be the most epic thing ever! >D

Edward_IV
Lord of all that is psycho and b...
Send a message via AIM to Edward_IV Send a message via MSN to Edward_IV Send a message via Yahoo to Edward_IV

Old 11-02-2009, 10:38 PM

Haha, makes me want to find this one comic from Twilight. It's basically Bella talking to Edward.
Edward: Hey. I think you're hot.
Bella: *Damnit... i must say something to put him off me.* I have a penis.
Edward: I don't.
Bella: o.o....

Lady Luck Infinity
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2009, 11:03 PM

Wow thats... an odd comic.

I wish I could find the image for you Yaoi Butterfly but I seemed to have lost it in my photobucket..

XxPERFECTxMESSxX
Spreading the yaoi since 1995 ;D
Send a message via AIM to XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 11-02-2009, 11:30 PM

I AGREE COMPLETELY
i hate what twilight has done to vampires.
i used to be all like i wish i was a vampire but now i cant stand them cause people are like OMGZ MEE TOOO I HEART TWILIGHT!!!
and im all like *punch* twilight fail.

Karix
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2009, 11:39 PM

I never watched Buffy or Angel but I've always been interested in Vampires, you know, the ones who stalk in the night and burn in sunlight...
Not the ones that, even though they're 400 some odd years old, go to high school and get swooned over by every girl in the world and sparkle in the sun. Bleh.
I've read Anne Rice books and watched Anne Rice movies as well as OLD Vampire movies and such. I'm a reader of Cirque Du Freak as well actually... >_> I'm not sure how the people here feel about that series.. ANYWAY....

Vampires =/= sparkly
Fairies = sparkly
>_>

Also, the rabid fan base behind the Twilight series specifically is just scary... I suppose I don't get it because I'm on a higher intelligence level than most of the fans but who knows...

Speaking on all the new stuff popping up about Vampires...
There was a Vampire show on the other day, not sure which, but I left it on, figuring I'd give it a chance... and one of the characters who I am assuming was a vampire... was laying on a bed... reading.. TWILIGHT...
Honestly...
Wow...
I was done with it at that point.

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 PM

Karix, I´m sorry you had to see that. Poor girl...

Nickle4aPickle
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Nickle4aPickle

Old 11-03-2009, 07:41 PM

*Prepares to get stabbed* Twilight was my first vampire series.

BUT! I has led me to greater series! 8D I absolutely love L.J. Smith's "Night World" series (I can't WAIT for the conclusion next April!!! *bounces around*), and I'm hopelessly addicted to P.C. and Kristin Cast's "House of Night" series. I bought the newest volume (#6, called "Tempted") the other day, but I need to finish another (non-vampire) book first. ^^;

I've also bought L.J. Smith's "Vampire Diaries" books (the 2 volumes that contain 2 books each), but have not read them. ^^; My step-dad did though! XD (He ran out of books to read on our recent vacation, so he read the ones I brought with me) He said it's a good story, he could just do without the teenage angst. XD

Oh, I did watch the "Interview With a Vampire" movie once too. It was really late at night though, and I was fighting off sleep, so I don't remember too much. D: But I remember not hating it! XD I'd watch it again. :3

EDIT: I also wanna watch/read "Cirque du Freak." It looks really cool! 8D Looks as if it combines 2 things I love: vampires and creepy carnivals! ^____^

PiwithanE
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 PM

I still like vampires.
Not just the mutilated ones from Twilight. Vampires do not sparkle in the sunlight. They turn to dust. What is so hard to understand about that?

Majhra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2009, 07:46 PM

I have watched practically 85% of Vampire Movies and I hate to agree with PiwithanE but the whole sparkly thing with the vampires in Twilight was kinda weird ... but I guess they needed it so the whole love story could develop. I mean how else was Bella and Edward going to meet.

Oh btw I'm Majhra! ^^

PiwithanE
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 PM

Vampire lore trumps story line. Think of new story line.

Majhra
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2009, 08:05 PM

PiwithanE: O.o

Moro
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 PM

Ugh vampires irritate me ever since reading and seeing twilight

Atusile
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Luck Infinity View Post
I personally like the image going around the internet. It says, 'Then Buffy staked Edward. The End.'
That is positively beautiful. Thank you for making my day far more enjoyable. xD

I do miss the old stories. D: I was into Buffy (then Charmed and then Angel xD I have a thing for interconnecting stories. Which brings me to my love of CLAMP...). I think my first exposure to vampire lore was... through research actually. I was into superstitions and all that jazz. My goth-like faze started at 8 and went on from there. xD I was always looking for that sort of stuff so when I was flipping channels and saw the word vampire again I had to check it out. Which is how I met Anne Rice's story and all the other shows. I caught them all in the same year actually I think...

I agree with Anne Rice's stories being the most believable. Makes it so easy to get immersed into the characters and storyline. <3 All the others were great too. Especially Blade. I might have actually seen that before I saw the Interview with the Vampire movie. The second movie from the Blade series was my fav. (...That was the one where they were in some sort of tower right? And some of them ended up lighting on fire in the sun post-fight? O_o It's been forever.)

The scene from Interview with the Vampire where Claudia dies in the cell with her psuedo-mom was and still is one of the most striking images from...well, anything I've ever seen. :sweat: Which is exactly why I don't agree with the whole sparkle thing. :/ Just doesn't give the same effect.

Edward: *sparkleshinebright*
Bella: My f--*%!#@@ eyes!

Seriously, come on. I laughed at that. I swear that 'Be a Star' song from Life Size popped into my head and would not leave forever. Oh goodness... it's happening again! :cry:

But Twilight aside, it seems the quality of the entire horror genre has been dropping. :/ I mean, there are a few good ones, but they're pretty rare. Anyone else notice this or am I insane?