Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 PM

• I be in Calinfornia. :o

Silence
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:20 PM

Welcome back, Lilac. <3

I live sort of near you, apricot... I'm in New Jersey.

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 07-31-2007, 08:20 PM

Welcome back Lilac... and you too, Yreka.

@ Silence... oooh yes, NJ is close! <3

Steve the Garden Hose
Oxygen Molecule Rangler

Old 07-31-2007, 08:22 PM

It is 5:51pm here :3
Steve is watching "pokeman" on youtube xD
Its wicked funny.

*Bridge breaks*
*Brock falls*
Ash- DAMMIT! HE HAS ALL THE FOOD!

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:23 PM

• Pokeman! I remember seeing that before. xD

Silence
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:24 PM

And NJ is also very boring... especially Princeton, which is where I live.

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 07-31-2007, 08:26 PM

Northeastern Pennsylvania is dreadfully boring as well. *hates it*

Steve the Garden Hose
Oxygen Molecule Rangler

Old 07-31-2007, 08:27 PM

Alright, Steve is going to eat.

New Letter- A(1) 3 People

Silence
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 PM

Bye, Steve. Happy eating!

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:30 PM

Zoinks! A letter!!! Heh. I have quite a few racked up this time.

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:30 PM

• Where I live in California is marginally interesting. At least the people are. :O

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:36 PM

I have never been to California but have gotten some recent invitations to go.

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:36 PM

Name- Yreka
Word- Zany
Used letters (With point value in brackets)-
Z(10) A(1) N(1) Y(4)
Total - 16

Garden Hoses are Awesome

• Edit: Which part of California were you invited to go to?

Silence
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 PM

I went to California when I was in elementary school, so I don't remember it very well... but I know that I went to San Francisco, and saw the Golden Gate Bridge... and then Disneyland. Haha. There was more, but I don't remember any of it. xP

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:39 PM

San Francisco. Great word, Yreka!!

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:41 PM

• Silence: They're both nice places to go to. Been to Disney Land four or five times.

Apricot: It's a nice city. I love how it's usually foggy and cool during the summer. Great escape from the heat you get within 30 minuites south or east. I live about an hour south by car.

My mom is currently going up to SF. xD

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 PM

I have heard such lovely things about San Francisco and it's a city I have always wanted to see. Being nice and cool (and even foggy) makes it sound even dreamier! :o

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 PM

Name-Yreka
Word-Siz
Used letters (With point value in brackets)-
S(1) I(1) X( 8 )
Total: 10

Garden Hoses are Awesome

• Now I need more vowels again. :o

Silence
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:45 PM

I wanna go to California again, sometime.

Right now, I'd be happy if I could go pretty much anywhere, since I'm boring myself to death over the summer... and my mom's in China, so she can't take me anywhere.

Nice words, Yreka.

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 PM

I would be happy with going just about anywhere, too. I was invited to Atlantic City, but had a terrible cold for the past two weeks. Throat is still a bit sore. Stuff is definitely going around. I just hope I don't get the stomach bug that's out now!!!

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apricotbaby
I have heard such lovely things about San Francisco and it's a city I have always wanted to see. Being nice and cool (and even foggy) makes it sound even dreamier! :o
  • It's a comfortable city. Kinda expensive housing and such, but that's a problem experienced in this area. If my family sold our modest 3 bed 2 bath single-story house where we live, we could buy a 10 acre plot of land with a 3 story house in Oregon.

If you do eventually go, i'd suggest maybe reserving a bit of money to allow a taxi driver to take you around on a tour. Some of them do because they know the city so well. Two other reasons why.
    1. They kinda have been losing money due to some new regulations by a lot of the cab companies so that the drivers aren't getting enough to break even sometimes.
    2. They're usually really nice and know just about everything about the basic history and such of the city.

One more thing. Don't make yourself look like a tourist because people might try to upsell stuff. So keep a camera in your pocket, but walk around.
    Oh. Forgot this. When walking up or down the steep streets in some parts of SF, try not to trip. It's pretty easy to if you're not used to them. :3

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 PM

• Currently, i'd be fine staying where I am due to the fact that I have good internet and the fencing club is in the area. I love fencing right now and would rather not take a break longer than a week. :3

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreka
Quote:
Originally Posted by apricotbaby
  • It's a comfortable city. Kinda expensive housing and such, but that's a problem experienced in this area. If my family sold our modest 3 bed 2 bath single-story house where we live, we could buy a 10 acre plot of land with a 3 story house in Oregon.

If you do eventually go, i'd suggest maybe reserving a bit of money to allow a taxi driver to take you around on a tour. Some of them do because they know the city so well. Two other reasons why.
    1. They kinda have been losing money due to some new regulations by a lot of the cab companies so that the drivers aren't getting enough to break even sometimes.
    2. They're usually really nice and know just about everything about the basic history and such of the city.

One more thing. Don't make yourself look like a tourist because people might try to upsell stuff. So keep a camera in your pocket, but walk around.
    Oh. Forgot this. When walking up or down the steep streets in some parts of SF, try not to trip. It's pretty easy to if you're not used to them. :3
*grins @ "try not to skip"* I shall keep that in mind, my friend. hehehe

Thank you for the pointers! I hate looking like a tourist in any city. I know when I visit Philly and NYC, I can easily spot them, and even though I don't live there they annoy even me! hahaha

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:54 PM

• Ah. I'm definately not the type of person who likes to look like a tourist either. Pretty much you learn to take on the personalities and stances of the people around you and blend in with the moving crowd.

If you don't want to look like a tourist in SF, don't wear shorts. Lots of people make that mistake and end up being extremely cold. It's one of the easiest ways to spot someone who isn't used to the city. xD

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-31-2007, 08:57 PM

I am not a person who is big into shorts, anyway. And if I were to wear them, it wouldn't be in San Fran. I am a very weather/climate conscious person. I, too, like to blend in with the locals. :wink: