Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 10-11-2010, 01:22 AM

When I'm alone
I feel so much better
And when I'm around you
I don't feel

Together

the Setting
Post apocalyptic era in the downtown DC area. Rivals are forced to team up and fight out the monsters. Naturally, when opposites attract there will be some... romancing.

It doesn't feel right at all
Together
Together we've built a wall
Together holding hands we'll fall
Hands we'll fall

Last edited by Wavi; 12-07-2011 at 12:47 AM..

Wavi

Old 10-11-2010, 01:24 AM

Wavi's Character

Sebastian Aoi Vanguard
•••••
male, straight
famous emo-rock singer
twenty-threes of life under his belt
just about six foot four and a half inches tall
a little less than one-hundred and thirty pounds

Last edited by Wavi; 12-07-2011 at 12:47 AM..

.:GaelicBubble:.
Saving Lives Every Day
Send a message via AIM to .:GaelicBubble:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:GaelicBubble:.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:23 AM

Alice Marie Ducaine
straight
5'4
105lbs
professional skateboarder

Wavi

Old 10-11-2010, 11:44 PM

[IMGRIGHT]http://www.quartermaster.army.mil/mac/images/remember3.jpg[/IMGRIGHT]It was the look of anguish in his eyes that gave it all away. Death, oh how it plagued the earth and made even the most beautiful things in life look ugly. His two-toned hair flopped into his quivering eyes as he took in the world before him. Well, more like took in the wasteland before him. There was literally nothing but death, destruction, and a lack of hope. If he were the last human alive, it would be a curse. Living without others would devastate Sebby. He was a people person and he wished, no, prayed there was at least another out there. No longer concerned with whom it was, he set off to a place that would surely attract survivors - the church.

Brushing corpses that were stale smelling and being to bloat, he turned his blue eyes up to the taunting gray sky. The sun was a thing of the past and blue skies were no more. This was the beginning of a bleak life. A life far worse than that of the Dark Ages. Life, as he knew it, was... gone.

When the church came into view, he saw the silhouettes of the crosses that loomed over the barren ground. Forcing back tears, he took a weary step toward the place he used to visit. Ever since his mother died, Aoi became distant from the church as it brought back painful memories. But now, now that there was no one, he turned toward the God that brought about this demise and yet spared him of his life. Bobbing his head in prayer, pleading eyes longed for another survivor.

Last edited by Wavi; 10-11-2010 at 11:48 PM..

Saving Lives Every Day
Send a message via AIM to .:GaelicBubble:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:GaelicBubble:.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 AM

Shielding her eyes from the blinding sun, Alice looked at the scene before her. Whatever had plagued the earth had killed nearly everything and everyone. It had been more than a week since Alice had last seen another soul. She was beginning to think that she was the only one left and the thought terrified her. Nightmares had plagued her ever since it happened. She would wake up screaming.

Alice ran a hand through her auburn hair as she breathed in the putrid smell of rotting bodies. She turned her green eyes to the horizon where she saw a cross from a church-top standing out against the hazy sky. She had never been much for organized religion, but if there was any hope of finding someone, a church was a good bet. She pulled her skate board from her backpack and jumped on it.

The sound of her wheels on the pavement was the only thing that could be heard for miles. It was an eerie feeling being so alone and a shiver traveled up her spine as she navigated her skate board between the totaled cars and dead bodies on the street. She came to a stop outside the church and looked up at the ornate doors as she tried to ignore the bodies on the church’s staircase.

Her parents split when she was young and she moved out of her house when she was sixteen. She was used to being alone, but this… this was unbearable. She needed someone, anyone. A face that wasn’t grey and a voice not her own. She swallowed the lump in her throat as she pushed the doors open.

She scanned the pews, more bodies, but she didn’t really expect anything less. She sighed, but froze when she thought she saw something move.

“H-hello?” she called out, and hoped she got an answer.

Wavi

Old 10-12-2010, 12:54 AM

The echoing sound of human word broke the silence that surrounded Sebby's ears. It was enchanting, but for a moment, he believed it was too good to be true. What if it were all just a ploy for him to give away his position? What if it were the sick call of a monster that sought to devour him? Or what if it was a cannibal human looking for fun? Cringing, Sebastian fought back the urge to shout, "I have a shotgun and I know how to use it!" But, after thinking that to himself, a dark smirk danced onto his face.

"I have a baseball bat, and I know how to use it. So, state your name and your race. Or I'll whack that zombie head off." Sebby, who was the captain of the baseball team was a pro when it came to hitting home runs. He, and what used to be the team, called him a blast batter. The sheer force behind each blow of the bat was enough to make someone sink away in fear. Sebastian was not a force to be reckoned with, which is why his team was known for being undefeated since his placement.

Stepping forward, leaves crunched under his foot. The fresh scent of overturned soil drifted up into his nose. It was odd how such a smell could calm his nerves, but somehow it did. Looking into the light, he waited for whatever it was to talk back. Or, if it didn't, he'd be sure to use the shotgun he found along the way.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-12-2010, 01:17 AM

Alice's heart sank when she didn't hear a reply. she was afraid she was going to be stuck alone and the fear made a bad taste in her mouth. after she kicked her foot ant nothing in particular she was about to turn and leave when she heard a voice.

"I have a baseball bat, and I know how to use it. So, state your name and your race. Or I'll whack that zombie head off." the voice cried.

a smile crossed her face. whoever it was was smart. so she played along. "Yeah? well i have a skateboard, it hits pretty hard too." she propped her custom board up on her shoulder as she took a few steps to the figure standing in one of the front pews.
it was too dark to see who it was but she didn't care, it was another person. a thought gnawed at the back of her mind, what if it was a cannibal? most of the survivors had resorted to that when the world went to hell. it could be a trap. Alice grasped her board with both hands and got ready to swing it should she need to.

Wavi

Old 10-12-2010, 01:38 AM

"A skateboard? Sorry hun, but that won't win against a shotgun. Ha, oops. Did I leave that part out? My b." Stepping forward, he let the early morning light flood onto him. Jumping down from his position, he landed right before the female. "Sup? I'm Sebast... oh. Great. You lived? Ugh." Rolling his eyes, he muttered under his breath, "I so would have shot you had I known it was you."

Jaded eyes met hers. "Please tell me you're infected so I can hit your head all the way to Mexico. I mean, seriously? Why, God. Why? What did I do to deserve her as one of the only living people. Sheesh." Pushing his bangs from him eyes, Sebby sat down on a stone and looked up at the female. "Let me guess, everyone you know is dead too."

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-12-2010, 01:57 AM

when he jumped into the light, Alice's shoulders sagged and she almost dropped her board. "Oh god... you?" they said it at the same time.
Alice rolled her eyes as he spoke. "Sorry, no i'm not infected and yes everyone i know is dead." she crossed her arms over the tiny tank top she was wearing. "Damn my luck finding you. i though you were the one that started this whole plague. you know, patient zero. i was hoping to be able to kill you legally." she blew a piece of hair out of her face. "Too bad."

she stared at the ex-rocker. for some reason her employers always hired him to open up her stunt shows. she hated him, and his music. Alice sighed. "I think i'd rather be alone than stuck with you."

Wavi

Old 10-14-2010, 09:02 PM

"You can leave if you wish." Turning, he began to walk off. "But it is safer in numbers, so I recommend you just tag along." His head tilted back as he looked at the female. "Even though we're enemies, I'm not that kind of enemy. If you promise to behave, I shall as well." Sebastian stopped and waited for the female to answer him.

He really was trying to start over. He wasn't fond of her, but he wasn't about to leave her alone. If something did happen to her he would feel terrible. Putting a smile on his face, he laughed. "Besides, I only have so many bullets. A skateboard would be a lovely tool."

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-14-2010, 09:11 PM

Alice crossed her arms and then let out a sigh, he was right, there was safety in numbers. "Fine, I'll tag along, but only because i can use you as a meat shield if i need too." she walked and caught up with him.

She really didn't mean what she said earlier. Alice had had enough of being alone and while, Sebastian wasn't her favorite person in the world, he was better than not having anyone.

When the man mentioned her skateboard, Alice's eyes lit up. "Don't you even think about touching my board!" she scowled at him for a moment before she calmed down. "We should probably go find a store and get some supplies." It was time to be smart, and stop the petty arguments. They didn't matter anymore. All that mattered now was surviving.

Wavi

Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 PM

"Yeah, raiding the stores is a good idea. We should also look for a nice place that will be hard to mindless zombies to find. The higher up, the better. We should also look for some lighter fluid. We might need it." Ignoring her hostile tone about the skateboard, Sebastian pointed to the left and then to the right. "Eh, neither is all that great. Most of the stores to the left are destroyed, but the right is a hell of a way out to actually get to the downtown area. Your call. Look here? Or move to downtown DC?"

Zipping up his leather jacket, he bit his lip. "I would say downtown should have people, but I'm sure it's also full of zombies. But if we stay here, we'll be sitting ducks. We need food. Food is limited here. But there... we will be the food. Ugh. I hate things like this...."

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-17-2010, 03:19 AM

Alice shook her head. "Are you really that indecisive?" she sighed. "You always seemed so sure of yourself on stage." she tightened her jacket and gripped her board in her hands. "Downtown seems like our best bet of supplies and other survivors. Despite the risk of there being zombies, i still think it is our best bet."

When she saw how nervous Sebastian was she put a caring hand on his shoulder. "Look, we have bother survived by ourselves so far, together i'm sure it will be a lot easier okay?" she offered him a smile, but she wasn't sure if it was real or not. Alice found it hard to be so nice to the man she had despised for so long, but with everyone else gone, did what happened in the past really matter?

Wavi

Old 10-17-2010, 04:10 PM

"Heh. I wish I could pick... but I've always been a fence rider. I really hate making choices. I know. It's the not the manly thing to do, but seeing as I tend to do everything else, I like to let others decide where to go or what to do." When her was placed on his shoulder, Sebastian shuddered some. But it did help. Her warmth was soothing on his cold skin. It was nice to have that human contact.

Even though he wouldn't admit it, he was glad to have her there. "Thanks," he whispered under his breath. He wasn't thanking her. No, he was thanking God. Sebby has prayed he would run into someone that could help him survive and it looked like she was going to be that person.

Walking down the street, his eyes kept scanning the area. Any sudden movement and he would prepare to swing his bat. He wasn't about to let a zombie devour him. And, if he had his way, he would save Alice as well.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-17-2010, 07:49 PM

Alice followed Sebby down the street. She had a white knuckle grip on her skateboard and she silently wished she had a better weapon than her favorite board. She muttered a curse under her breath as she scanned the surrounding area for any sign on the undead.

A sound echoed between the buildings and Alice's eyes darted to the right. was something there?

Thats when the creature dove at her. At one point it had been a man, but no longer. His skin was an ashen color and seemed to be barely hanging from him. The zombie's face and hands were covered in blood. He knocked Alice to the ground. She screamed as she used her board to keep him from reaching her. She kicked her feet at him but was unsuccessful in getting him off of her.

Panic struck her. She had never actually been this close to an undead before, she had survived by outsmarting them and avoiding them altogether. Alice didn't want to end up like the others, she didn't want to die. Tears stung her eyes as she tried to fight off the creature.

Wavi

Old 10-23-2010, 03:04 PM

His first instinct was to run. Run long and hard, something he was more than capable of doing. He was their school's top cross country runner and their very best man at baseball too. Hesitantly, he swung around to see the female being molested by the undead. Eyes narrowing and brows coming together to form a large crease on his forehead, Sebastian's grip on his bat tightened.

With a full-blown swing that would have probably sent a baseball out of the field and down to the neighborhood market, the bat whacked off the monster's head like it was nothing. Eyes widening in sheer terror that he was able to decapitate a zombie by utilizing his full batting strength, Sebastian dropped his his knees beside Alice. Staring at the remaining half of the humanistic thing, he let out a long held breath. "What. The fuck. Just. Happened." Without turning his head, Sebastian's eyes drifted over to Alice.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-24-2010, 10:25 PM

When Sebastian dropped down next to her, Alice threw her arms around his neck, speechless. Her body shook as she tried to keep herself from crying. after a few moments, when her brain calmed down and she realized what she had down, Alice pulled herself away. With a shakey voice she spoke. "T-thanks."

She had never felt so frazzled before. Alice wasn't one to let people see her shaken, and here she was on the brink of tears in front of the man she thought she hated. Alice tried to ignore the feeling as she got to her feet and picked up her skate board. She wasn't sure of what else to say.

Wavi

Old 10-25-2010, 10:02 PM

Blinking when the sudden hug came out of nowhere, he almost embraced her back. But something in his head warmed him about it. He really didn't need her to be pissed or offended for accepting and then giving her a hug back. He stood as she backed away and just looked at her. Knowing it would be better to speak than to let the awkward silence linger on longer, he decided the weather would be a safe topic of discussion. But then recalled their scenario and found something else to chat about.

"So how long have you been skateboarding?" It was a simple question, but he knew he could draw it out for a while. That and it was something she liked. It was better to please her than bother her.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-25-2010, 10:15 PM

Alice was relieved when he didn't say anything about the hug. She had to admit, having him so close was comforting, and she felt safe. Alice didn't really understand the emotions so she tried to ignore them, but her face was red anyway. When he asked about skateboarding she relaxed a bit, grateful for the change in subject. "Um, I started when i was about eight. So i guess its been twelve years."

They started walking again but this time Alice made sure she was closer to Sebby. "So when did you start your band?" she asked, her voice still a little shaky.

Wavi

Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 AM

Looking at her as she spoke, Sebastian couldn't help but smile. "You know, we were going to ask you to sing with us. But then... well, you know. I've been singing since I was little as have the guys. But the band formed about three years ago. At first, we sucked because none of us could play to save our lives. But after some practice, we got pretty good. Eh, I think we're okay, but I'm heard and seen better."

The walk was going to be a long one and with the sun starting to dip down behind the taller buildings. "So tell me, if you had the choice, would you join the band? Or... well, since the guys are... yea... if... well... if we survive... want to do a duet with me? I'd love to try it sometime. Last time I heard you sing I nearly cried. Your voice is like that of a thousand angels. It's truly wonderful."

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-27-2010, 11:30 AM

Alice watched him talk about his music and couldn't help the smile that crossed her face. He loved what he did, and the proof was on his face. The moment he mentioned asking her to sing, Alice's face turned red. She had always loved singing, but boarding just happened first. Her manager actually convinced her to sing a charity concert once and she made more money that day for cancer than she ever made boarding.

Then Sebby mentioned the duet. Alice's eyes darted up to his, was he serious? As she looked up at him, she couldn't help but wonder how their rivalry ever started. Some stuid publicity stunt that never ended most likely. But still, Alice couldn't figure out how she had convinced herself to hat the man next to her. It was the end of the world and they were finally having their first real conversation...

"I-I didn't know you had ever heard me sing before... And i seriously doubt that i am that good."
She admitted with a smile, and chose her next words carefully. "But, I would love to sing a duet with you." Truth was, Alice owned every single CD Sebby had ever put out. She loved his voice.

Something made a noise and Alice jumped, gently bumping into Sebastian. She didn't move right away, feeling him next to her was just enough to calm her heart down, so after a moment she put a little space back between them, her face still bright red.

Wavi

Old 10-27-2010, 12:16 PM

That grin was still on his face even as she spoke. "Are you kidding me? I've been to all your boarding events. I even went to the concert you put on there for some cancer awareness thing. I always wanted to help promote your boarding by doing a little gig before the show started, but the guys absolutely hate your and your friends. It's kinda ridiculous. Rivals for the past several years." Falling silent, he noticed how she drew closer but then put a space between them.

"It's really dumb though. All because Kevin did something stupid. He cheated on his girlfriend which was in your group with another skater girl from a rival school. Ever since then, we've been "banned" from your things. Only, I just so happen to have a friend who works at a prop shop, so getting a wig and some odd clothes is pretty simple. I honestly haven't missed a show. You're a fantastic performer. Should human life still exist, I will take you up on your promise."

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-27-2010, 12:25 PM

Alice looked up at him. "really? It's funny you say that... I'm actually pretty good friends with one of your security guards. He always got me front row seats to your concerts, I have been to every one." she smiled, it was nice to know that there was never any real animosity between them. "Oh and don't worry, I always keep my promises, so I'll sing with you any time you want." she gave him a wink and a smile.

"speaking of Kevin and his girls, I always noticed that the guys of your group always had a new girlfriend... Except you. Why is that?" Alice was truly curious. She herself had dated other skaters and those relationships always failed miserably, in more ways than the public ever knew, but Sebby was a very handsome singer, there should have been tons of girls begging to go out with him.

Last edited by .:GaelicBubble:.; 10-27-2010 at 02:12 PM..

Wavi

Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 PM

Laughing, he cracked a light-hearted joke. "Shall I sign a poster of myself for you?" Smile fading away, he thought some about her question before answering. It brought him back to the days when his punkster brother took his own life all because students bullied him into thinking he was a worthless queer. Travis, Sebastian's brother, was neither queer nor worthless, but not even Sebastian could save his brother's life. No matter how hard he pleaded through the wooden door with the sirens screaming from outside the house, Sebastian could still recall the ear-piercing fire that forever scarred him into submission. Since the day Travis took his own life, he became a different man. He used to be identical to his best friend Neal, who had a matching haughty attitude, but since then Sebastian mellowed out.

"Ever since Travis took his life... I just haven't been able to see any point in love. Why love someone when their is the risk that they will leave you. Besides, I don't have time for a relationship. And hell, what girl wants a guy that's more dramatic and emotional than she? Face it. I'm a hardcore emo. I might be 'hot,' but I'm not worth it. I'm too broken and fragile to want...." Frowning, he just started down at his feet. Oh how he had wished he hadn't been asked about it as he hated to think back on Travis' death. Even then, two years after his suicide, Sebby still teared up.

Saving Lives Every Day

Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 PM

Alice frowned and immediately regretted the question. She had completely forgotten about Travis. She never heard the whole story, and she didn't want to. Just seeing Sebby now told her that she didn't want to know the details. Alice put her hand on his and gave him a weak smile. She didn't know what to say, she had suffered her own losses but none quite like watching a brother kill himself.

"I'm sorry, i shouldn't have asked that." she said softly. Alice thought of the scar on her neck that she always blamed on a skateboarding accident. They both had pasts they didn't like to talk about.

She squeezed his hand before she let it go. "And you aren't worthless. A girl would be lucky to have you." She frowned, thinking about how she had screwed up nearly every relationship she had.