Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-28-2008, 11:13 PM

Prolog-start:

Sukaru was young at the time, barely a young girl of eight or nine, but she had a good life in a glamorous palace. She hated life within the walls of the palace, she always had, but then she one reason to stay. A reason above money, above power, certainly about the destiny they laid out for her since the day she was born. She had a twin sister named Aleela, a sister who meant everything to her, her sister was her reason, her existance, her life. Without her sukaru would be lost, and later became alittle lost, without the love of the darling sister, whom returned her love in the same. The bonds that are among us all shown most brightly in those two girls from the plutonian empire.

Start of scene 1-

It was a normal day for sukaru. She had been awoken at the crack of dawn to fulfill her private lessons on the oath that she would one day take to the God of Darkness Athios. She was bored as she normally was staring out the window merely longing for the bright sunny hours that she would later spend with Aleela under the tree by the lake. She let out a stiffled yawn clearly, even to her tutors, that she was not into the lesson in the least.

"would you please pay attention or at least pretend to?"

"I'm sorry professor....I just can not...the sun is so bright and cheery today....you know how little we get such sun around here"

"I suppose your right, alright class dissmissed today. But I expect your full attention tommarrow....understood"

"Oh yes yes professor most definately"

With that she raced out of the room without another word bent on that picnic under the tree.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 PM

Aleela was in her room in the plutonian palace, getting dressed to go outside. She looked out the window to see that it was a bright, sunny day outside. A very, very rare event for this dwarf planet. She was about to turn her attention back to getting ready when movement caught her eyes out the window. She saw that her twin sister, Sukaru had been let out of her classes early. Aleela was suspicious of these classes, as it was one of the few things Sukaru could not share with her. But she knew that Sukaru needed to take them in order to become the priestess of pluto.

She hurriedly tossed on the rest of her outfit, grabbed the picnic basket she had packed, and ran out to meet her sister underneath the tree they had agreed to meet under.

-------------------------------------------

"Hey, Sukaru!" Aleela chirped, glad to finally be able to hang out with her twin. "I see you got let out of classes early today. That's good," Aleela smiled, imagining that the classes her sister was forced to take were nothing but boring. She had been to school once, and didn't like it all that much. "I brought the picnic basket, since I knew you didn't have time to pack anything," She said, holding up the basket in her hand to show her sister.

Last edited by Alexis Durem; 04-28-2008 at 11:39 PM..

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 PM

((lol, you do know there like eight right xP))

"Aleela!" She shouted out as she heard the voice of her sister. She smiled and pulled her into a big hugg acting as if it had been ages since the two had seen one another. Even though they sleep in rooms adjacent to one another. She stiffled a yawn and hurriedly tried to hide it. She was not bored but rather lacking sleep which seemed to be the way around there lately. Being that her tutors had all moved there classes to earlier in the day.

"Isn't this such a looooovely afternoon!" she said in excitement as she raced towards the tree where the two normally met. It was a lovely tree with large billowing branches that bloomed even in the cold weither. And there where floweres of numerous shades of blues and golds and pinks which also leaked through the ever laying thin layer of snow.

She let out a giggle, "bet cha I can climb to the very top of this tree fast then you can" she said with a little girl myscheivious smile that said she was out to cause trouble. She was going to climb that tree even though everyone at the palace said it wasn't lady like of her.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-28-2008, 11:39 PM

((right. I'll edit the previous posts then. Oh, and i sent my half to MFF))

Aleela rolled her eyes at Sukaru's antics, but grinned a mischeivous smile as well after a few seconds. "You're one. Ready..set...go!" Aleela shouted, racing to the tree and grabbing onto the first branch. She got a foothold on the trunk, and swung herself up to get on the branch. From there, she started to climb.

This is what she loved most about hanging out with her sister. Everyone else in the palace was so...stiffy. They kept reciting all their rules and restrictions, and everytime she did something "not ladylike", or expressed an interest in anything that wasn't fit for one in her posiion, she was yelled at and ridiculed by her parents. But not Sukaru. With Sukaru, she could be who she truly was and not be afraid of being yelled at or laughed at, or called stupid or wrong. No, hanging out with sukaru she could be what she truly was..a kid. A tomboy who didn't get enough freedom or sunlight.

Aleela kept climbing the tree, seeing Sukaru keeping up with her as well. She ignored the scraped that were now appearing on her knees and elbows, and kept climbing toward the branch at the very very top.

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-28-2008, 11:45 PM

The branches tore at her dress and skin but she did not care in the least. Nor did she care about the leaves caught in her hair. All she cared about at the moment was that she was free. Even if only for and hour, she was without a doubt free from the rules, free from the ridicule, free, like a bird who was able to spread her wings wide and fly.

Branch after branch she climbed with her sister until they neared the top, it was here that it happened. A branch that she had stepped on broke under her weight and she let out the most ghastly of screams as she began to fall. She grabbed the weight of the branch above her, her feet scraping against the tree attempting to regain her grip. Her fingers starting to slip from the groves of the branch beneath her fingers.

((sending mine over now))

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-28-2008, 11:51 PM

((kk. You want to buy the items, since you know what they are?))

Aleela was concentrating on climbing up the tree when she heard her sister's scream. Looking back, she saw that Sukaru had fallen, and that she was gripping a branch for dear life. It looked like she was about to loose her grip, too. Climbing over to where her sister was faster than she had ever done so in her life, Aleela grabbed her sister's hand before she could loose her grip, and tried to pull her up onto the branch she was seated on. A sturdy central branch that she knew intrinsically would hold them both safely.

As she tried to pull her sister up onto the branch, Aleela was mentally berating herself for her stupidity. 'i should have never agreed to race her. how could I have been so stupid? I should have known something like this was going to happen. Now Sukaru is going to be hurt and it's all my fault.' She thought, pulling sukaru up with all her might.

Magical Forest Friend
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-29-2008, 12:15 AM

((Aren't I perdy xP))

Sukaru started to shake as she felt herself slip from the branch, and mere second it seemed before she would have falled to her doom she felt her sister grab her hand and attempt to pull her up on a branch that was looking rather sturdy. She prayed and attempted to help her sister in the attempt to reach that branch. After what seemed like forever the two of them working together managed to get her up onto that branch. Upon which she sat almost instantaniously afraid to move another mussle.

She was still shaking a bit when she looked at Aleela, "T..Thank you, without you I'd have been a goner" she took one look at the ground and knew imediately that she never should have climbed the tree, "going down sound like a good idea?" she said softly. There was much less mischief and much more regret in her words now.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-29-2008, 12:24 AM

((yup, and you're welcome. I got the single red rose for him. I aslo took away tigra the tiger, since it look weird. By the way, I don't think he's allowed to post in here. he's a mule. OUR mule. He's not allowed to chat in the same posts as us))

"Like i would have ever let you fall" Aleela said with honesty, seeing how badly her sister was shaking. What sukaru needed now was reassurance, and Aleela was to the only one there to help her. "You're safe now, so don't worry. Next time we'll know better. We'll check the weak branches before grabbing them," Aleela explained, hoping to reassure her sister.

Aleela looked down at the ground, which seemed a long ways away. "I think it's best if we get down," She said "I'll go first to make sure it's safe." She swung her leg over the branch and started to climb down, making sure she had a secure footing all the way down. She regularly looked up and made sure that Sukaru was safe.

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-29-2008, 12:31 AM

((I know...I wasn't gonna do more then the one post))

Sukaru followed her sister down without another word making extra careful sure that each branch she touched was a secure one. It took longer to go down then up but at least they where safe. When she finally set her feet on the ground she let out a deep sigh of relief, they where on the ground and both where unscathed. She looked at her sister for a moment and then blurted out, "I'm sorry"

It was all she needed. She was on the ground but she felt bad. She had needed to apologize for the trouble, wasn't that what they always taught her. She looked her sister over and her bad feelings suddenly went away. There was something about the sight of the scraped up Aleela covered in branches and leaves that made her want to laugh more then anything else. She let out a soft giggle and sat down on the ground.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-29-2008, 12:31 AM

((Okay, i made the real post))

Aleela was woried about Sukaru, both physically and mentally. SHe knew Sukaru sometimes felt guilty for situations that weren't her fault. However, she saw Sukaru's face lighten and knew she would be okay. It seemed that once they were down on the ground, everything seemed less scary. They weren't in danger anymore, and someting the situation seemed lighter. As soon as she heard her sister start to laugh she started to laugh herself. There they were, two high society, scraped up and covered in leaves and branches, having just gotten out of a bad situation.

"Oh man, what mom would say If she saw us now," Aleela laughed, thinking about how their mother would yell at them for not being proper ladies. She started to pick the branches and leaves off herself, and then sat down on the ground next to her sister. "So, do you want have lunch now?" Aleela asked, picking up the picnic basket that was lying on the ground beneath the tree, ignored while they had been climbing.

Last edited by Alexis Durem; 04-29-2008 at 12:25 PM..

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 AM

((kk, I'll see you soon^^))

Sukaru smiled softly as her sister mentioned the food she had brought for them. "What did you manage to nab from the kitchens? Did the cooks try and stop you at all? They always try and stop me....probably convinced I'm gonna try and do something mischeivous." She shifted her eyes to the ground, "in the end I always end up sending you in anyways" she giggled. "Your better at convincing them....I cant wait till I'm priestess and they have to listen to me!"

She leaned against the tree and looked up through the branches thoughtful on this last thought she had. She smiled softly not really thinking about much, "Lets eat" she said softly with a smile at her sister. She was only eight years old. To her all that mattered was her sister beside her. Forever and for always.

((I thought that was a good place to stop the scene....if you think it should continue I'll change this))

Last edited by Meko; 04-30-2008 at 12:20 AM..

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 12:30 AM

((okay, sounds good to me))

END SCENE

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-30-2008, 01:01 AM

Start scene 2

Sukaru stood in front of her sister with a slightly nervous look. She was no longer sleeping in her sisters room due to the fact that she had been granted her own rooms in the palace to roam as she pleased. She looked at Aleela with a determined bravery. "goodnight Aleela. I hope you like your new room" She pulled her sister into a big hugg and then followed her nanny into her room.

Her nanny tucked her into her bed and kissed the air above her forehead as she was not actually allowed to touch the future priestess. "Goodnight darling"

"Goodnight Marnia" she said as she smiled softly and watched her nanny walk from the room towards the hall and hit the lights as she left throwing Sukaru into the darkness.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 01:09 AM

Aleela watched as Sukaru walked out of the room, hoping she would be okay. There was supposed to be a violent storm tonight, and she knew Sukaru always got afraid on those kind of nights. Aleela went over to the dresser and got into her nightgown. One dressed, she hopped into the queen-sized bed and pulled the covers over her head, trying to fall asleep dispite the hail pelting down on the window next to her,

Hering the hail drew Aleela's though back to her sisters wellbeing. Sukaru hated hailstorms. She would get scared, and see monsters in the shadows when none were there, and not be able to get to sleep. Usually, Aleela was there to help her, and never told anyone about Sukaru's fear. But now they were in seperate rooms, and Sukaru would have to deal with it on her own.

Despite all her worries, Aleela tried to fall asleep in the comfort of her warm bed.

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-30-2008, 01:19 AM

Sukaru listened to the pelting of the hail on the window and roof and started to shake. Was it a monster bent on comeing out and eating little ten year old girls. "No!" she told herself firmly, "think of what your sister told you. Its just your imagination." Oh but the shadows where beginning to look ever so much darker now, like the kind of shadows to which monsters of all shapes and sizes liked to climb out of.

What was that! Who was that! THe crawlers of the room where getting closer and closer to her, little by little they where inching towards her despirate to eat her. She could sence them, she could feel them. Before long she could not stand the darkness in the room she had to exscape from the monsters in the closet, and the ones under the bed.

She raced down the hallway towards her sisters room and crept silently inside. She then proceeded to begin frantically shaking her sister awake, "Hurry sis wake up! The monsters are gonna eat us!"

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 01:27 AM

"huh?" Allela said, snaping awake and sitting up straight in bed. It took her a second to realise what was going on, but as soon as she saw sukaru standing over her she knew what had happened. Sukaru had gotten scared of monsters again. Even at 10, she seemed to be unusually afraid of shadows.

"Monsters, again?" She said to her sister in an understanding tone. "I've told you before that it's just your imagination, but I know it can be really scary when it's actually happening. You can stay here if you want" Aleela said.

She threw aside the covers, and got up out of bed. She went over to her dresser and turned on a lamp. She knew that light was one of the most effective ways to show someone that there was nothing to be afraid of. Light always helped and reassured everyone.

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-30-2008, 01:36 AM

Sukaru watched the room thrown into light and seemed alittle braver, "they wont be able to get in her with the light right?" she said to her sister softly as if still alittle unsure or herself or the situation. She didn't like feeling like she didn't know something but the monsters where another situation all together. She knew they had to be real, they just had to be.....and they where gonna eat them if they didn't hurry.

There was something in the softness of her sisters tone that told her she was once again imagining crazy things that wheren't real and yet there was a softness in it that said she needed be afraid. Her sister always had that effect of calming her down.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 01:45 AM

"No, with the light on the monsters won't be able to get in here. Because they only appear when you can't see thing clearly, like when it's dark," Aleela said, trying to reassure Sukaru. "With the light on, you can see and know that there's nothing there." Aleela explained.

She looked at Sukaru's face, and saw that her sister wasn't completely convined what there was nothing to be worried about. "You can stay in here if you don't feel safe in your room." Allela said, thinking.'I hope mom doesn't find out. If she does she'll be mad. She keeps saying that sukaru need to learn to be more independant if she wants to be a preiestess. I can't leave her alone though, she's my sister.'

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 AM

Sukaru threw her arms around Aleela's neck and hugged her tightly, "your always so kind to me dear sister. What would I do without you?" she cast one look at the door but tried her hardest not to think about the situation at hand and she crawled into bed with her sister. The two would soon fall dead asleep even with the light on. It was a sigh of there complete devotion to one another that would keep sukaru's trust within her sister.

((End scene? I think it did its purpose))

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 01:52 AM

((okay, i'll see you in the ooc thread to discuss which one to do next))

END SCENE

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-30-2008, 10:44 PM

Sukaru was now fifteen and no longer afraid of the monsters in the night. In fact on this particular day she was in the midst of her preparations for the ceremony which would take place only a few days later. She knew her sister was confused about the whole thing and had been almost since they where little kids. She had been forbidden to tell anything until the day before and now she could no longer find her sister with all the preparations in the midst.

She glanced out the nearest window as her attendants poked and prodded at her as they readied her cerimonial clothing for the ceremony. She sighed heavily as she peered out the window at her sister and noticed that she was once more heavily in conversation with him....there tutor. Yet there was something going on between them lately. Something secretive and mysterious. She'd have to talk to Aleela about it later.

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 10:53 PM

((oh, so were bringing the tutor into this, now?...interesting))

Aleela finished her hushed conversation with her and Sukaru's tutor. He had been telling her all about what was going to go on at Sukaru's ceremony...he said that the people who were organizing the ceremony wanted to kill Sukaru. According to him, they though that a new priestess would be a threat to the planet. She didn[t know what to beleive though, Sukaru had never before been afraid of the ceremony.

But then again, Sukaru had never told her anything sbout the ceremony, either. Perhaps he was right...

She shook the thought from her head. Noone hated Sukaru. Noone. She was hands down one of the most liked people on pluto, and it was because she was so kind and giving. Why would someone want to harm someone like her sister?

Stopping that trail of thoughts, Aleela went to go find Sukaru. She'd been told that her sister was getting another fitting for her ceremonial clothes, so she waited outside the door to talk to her sister.

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-30-2008, 11:02 PM

Sukaru got poked in the butt by yet another pin and let out a yelp, "would you be alittle more careful where you stick those misa" she said with deep concern, unable to rub her now throbbing derriar she looked rather peeved.

"yes mistress" she said turning red in the face at the fact that she had hurt the furture priestess, "I'm sorry mistress"

"On second thought, can we be done for today? I need to talk to my sister about something, its rather important" She looked at the girl with a look that said she was not going to take no for an answer.

"but your mothers orders"

"I could care less about them right now, either you give me the ok, or I'm leaving with the clothes still attached"

"very well mistress" she said with a deep sigh and help sukaru remove the ornate ceremonial arments.

Sukaru left the room about five minutes later and was shocked to find Aleela waiting for her just outside the room, "Have you been waiting her long?" she asked trying to give off the impression that she had not just seen her through the window.

((thought we need to mention him in this one...but I dont think we should mention that its him who took her later))

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 PM

((I agree completely))

Aleela looked up when Sukaru spoke, and shrugged. "No, just got here, actually. I guess I have good timing" she tried to joke.

"Listen, I know your really busy with the ceremony preparations. Are you sure about this whole thing though? I heard one of the past preistesses died during a ceremony...it can be really dangerous." Aleela said quickly, trying to express her worries to her sister. She had no idea what the ceremony entailed, only that it could turn very dangerous if everything wasn't just so.

'I can't beleive that Sukaru who used to be afraid of the dark is becoming a preistess.' She though, proud but worried about her sister at the same time. She needed to be reassured, and the only person who could do that right now was standing in front of her.

Meko
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 PM

She looked around and then nodded to her sister, "Mind if we go for a walk?" she said in a tone that said the conversation wasn't considered over just that she wanted to be away from prying ears. She was told she could tell her sister, and only her sister, some of what the ceremony would entail.

She beckoned for her sister to follow her and led her out towards the guardens, where she turned to look at her sister, how much the two of them had grown in the last five years. "you asked about the ceremony.." she said softly, "the truth is that it really is quite dangerous, if your heart and soul aren't pure...and ready with all your mind and soul to take on the role of priestess."

She paused for a moment, desiding the best words to describe the ceremony, "I will have todo battle with my own mind in a sence, I have to be willing to rid myself of all doubt.....if I lose...it could very well take my life" she said this last bit and turned away from her sister. "I have to try though.....our people are dyeing...the last priestess didn't do her best and our people are suffering....I have to protect them..."