xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 PM

Maybe we can also start by giving rating points to all kinda packs? like... Scale of 1 - 10best.? I think we can still rate even though some people not having it.

Expansion~
WA - 8
A - 9
LN - 7
G - 5
P - 6
ST - 3
SN - 6
S - 6
UL - 5

Stuff~
HEL - 8
FL - 3
OL - 7
TL - 6
MS - 7
ST -3
D - 5
789 - 7

So far, I think expansion as a whole is a worth buy.
I think Generations and Show Time is a rip off, they feels like that should be integrate with Base game and Late Night respectively. D:

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Expansion~
WA - 8
A - 9
LN - 10
G - 9
P - 5.5
ST - 8
SN - 10
S - 8
UL - 8.5

Stuff~
HEL - 7
OL - 7
MS - 9
ST -2
D - 10
789 - 6
Expansion packs are really worth every penny
I got like two of them from amazon
but all the others I got from the gamestop by my house I always get the limited edition.
Oh yea I got a few games from origin

I have to say Showtime and Generation isnt so much of a rip off
they both come with soooo! much game play its crazy!
To me when it comes to expansion packs
I look for new game play, new moodlets, new items that you can interact with
I thought they both did a pretty good job of that

Stuff packs
I buy them if they have clothing and hair that I want
thats about it
I also like decor items

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-02-2013, 03:21 PM

Quite a lot of people think that Generations, the theme of it is expanding each life stage, which do not have such a strong theme like WA, A, LN... it really looks like those graduation, midlife crisis are suppose to be in base game.

And then ST, it is so similar to LN in terms of the Celebrity thingy. Yes, I know Magician, Acrobat and Singer is new, but still feels VERY LN to me. Not to mention it is tie to a certain star... I am so annoyed with that.

I feel it as a rip off because those expansion could easily merge in with the existing packs.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 03:29 PM

Yea your right

I always though late night could have been better
I loved it but if showtimes was included it would have been prefect
I'm not to upset they didnt put them together because I sometimes get over whelmed lol

I have been playing the games world adventure but with like five expansions already instilled
I just think they all help each other, so to me they dont really have to be one big pack
But that so much in order, I played

I know so much people that are upset about everything you stated
But EA is just money hungry

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-02-2013, 03:41 PM

EA is money hungry no denied.

I give low marks for ST and G because... more on EA. XD
Generations and Seasons do not have world, do you like worlds? I like to explore different maps. for me.
The way that the store publish their own world also make me dislike their money sucker attitude.

Did you buy any store content?

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-02-2013, 07:46 PM

I have all xpacks but haven't been able to play the game since I installed University (or whatever they're calling it) because my old laptop just can't take it anymore. Stuff started going wonky with Supernatural and now it's wonky, slowwww as heck and likes to freeze when I try to save it or load lots. Someday I'll buy another desktop computer that can actually run stuff.

I kind of lost track which content came with which expansion so I wouldn't know how to rank them. But I always get them primarily for the new items and worlds, a chance for a new 'freak' (vampire, werewolf, ghost, etc) & new ghost colors.

I kind of hate the celebrity system, though I will admit to using it to get free stuff.

I never use "groups." Haven't done anything with bands. I do like having singer sims because they're amusing to listen to, but they usually fail miserably at their careers.

I did really like tomb exploration, that was groovy. I had to stop because my laptop got jealous of my adventures and stopped letting me get off the plane.

Supernatural was cool at first, but it kind of overpowers everything and makes me miss having a "plain" world. Was so glad when they added those population sliders.

I too am disappointed when an expansion doesn't come with a new neighborhood, because it gets to be a pain loading new lots and stuff into an older neighborhood, sometimes lots I like get replaced with boring things or it'll do crazy things like put a generic dive bar right in the middle of my residential 'hood where I was making a little garden shop. Plus I like meeting the new townies and stuff. :)

I've bought a couple worlds from the store when they were on sale, but that was right before my game went kaput and I've not had a chance to really play with them. I think I got Lunar Lakes and Hidden Springs. Someday!

Last edited by BellyButton; 05-02-2013 at 07:48 PM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 PM

Huzzah for The Sims 3!

My profile is: My Pagez-zCommunityz-zThe Sims 3

I haven't been able to play the sims much recently because of school, and also I got sucked into WoW recently. I bought a ton of expansion packs on sale from Amazon over xmas though, and I've been having fun exploring all the new stuff. I got World Adventures, but haven't gotten any of my sims to go traveling yet, because they are all too poor still.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-03-2013, 12:50 AM

I got summoned here because of my simming habits?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 01:33 AM

Amanene~ you are only summoned here because you are the only person the Xuxu able to remember that play Sims.

Bellyly is a world lover too~ yay. I personally look at the expansion for the objects/build, skills and career. World is good to have, but then there are user made world out there. Couple of nice quality world out there.

Chexalala... WoW steal you away?!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 05:09 AM

Yeah, WoW stole me away. Just for this month though. I have to play for homework in one of my classes, which is both fun and terrible.

I mostly look a build/buy items and new skills or gameplay features when I look at expansion packs. I have my eye on the new Island Paradise expansion because of all the underwater stuff, and I'm thinking I might get the Uni expansion too.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 AM

WHAT?! Play for homework? What course you are doing? D: *jealous jealous*
Demand them to change it to Sims!

Don't forget the HOUSEBOAT! and the Hotel management... I like management.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
EA is money hungry no denied.

I give low marks for ST and G because... more on EA. XD
Generations and Seasons do not have world, do you like worlds? I like to explore different maps. for me.
The way that the store publish their own world also make me dislike their money sucker attitude.

Did you buy any store content?
I have quite a few store content
I say I have like 15 percent
I bought a few worlds too

Oh thats why you dont like them the worlds?
I love exploring too, but I guess its not that important to me
I love season!
Just the weathers alone is awesome

I dont usually like to buy the worlds from the sims store but I get them sometimes only if I'm bored with my current worlds.

Yay more simmiers!
thanks for posting everyone
sorry I'm a slow reader

BellyButton; same with me
my desktop is good
but I havent played since university because it just keeps closing on me

Last edited by Vickyll3; 05-03-2013 at 12:49 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 PM

Not JUST the world. The lack of world convinced me that Generation and Showtime share similar themes with Base and Late Night... they are just too close.

There is something I forgot to reply. XD I hate the celebrity system. I turn it off both on EA and through NRAAS. So easy to become 5 star. D:

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 PM

I understand now
I never thought about it that way
I usually let EA sucker me into thinking the lack of world is fine
When now I think each pack should have a new world
But I think that season doesnt really need a new world

I like the celebrity system for late night
The free items were great, and they helped my sims pay her bills sometimes, by selling the stuff for money
But it got annoying real fast! I was happy when I was able to turn it off

My computer been resting for a while so I should try to play since I have two more weeks till summer classes

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 01:39 PM

You notice that I didn't blame Season for not having its own world?
Season is a strong enough concept/theme to sustain without world. Of course, again my personal judgement.
WA have to have new world, Ambition being second xpack, they provide new world, LN is City! Celebrity! Generations, life stages... sounds expansion on base game feature ONLY doesn't sound so difference in background theme to have a new world, Pets countryside/mountain world, SHowtime...have to be City! Singer, Magician are Celebrity!, Supernatural is unique and the world is rather classique feel, University have a campus.(Though I think the campus is too plain from what I see in previews.)

Lol, your love for celebrity system skyrocket up and down. XD
I always thought it is easy to earn simoleons in Sims... why you need the celebrity gifts?
I had reduce their family fund so MANY times. OH well, maybe I because I am also cheating on getting opportunities. XD

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 05-03-2013, 01:40 PM

:o

I haven't played the Sims in months...
Can I? ... Dare I?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 01:41 PM

Mythosthos also have Sims? which version?
Besides... are you asking us for permission? O_O

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 05-03-2013, 01:46 PM

Oh I was just being silly. I'm not actually in the mood to play the Sims right now.
I have Sims 3 and up to the Seasons expansion... which, yeah, could have done without the new neighborhood.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 01:53 PM

*chuckles* I am aware you are being silly~ so cute~ *snugstickles*

Why no mood? Too busy?
How do you play Sims? More on the LIFE of Sims Or building? or... killing them off? x.x

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 05-03-2013, 02:03 PM

I build like crazy and hardly actually play the game. I have one 'legit' neighborhood... but it's hardly touched. xD
I'm honestly too tired to play right now. I can't keep my attention on much of anything. x_x

In fact.. I think I'm off for a nap.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 02:06 PM

... What does it mean by legit? I always thought it means legal... x.x
The first thing that drawn me in Sims is also about buildig. But then I slowly branch out to playing the sims.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
You notice that I didn't blame Season for not having its own world?
Season is a strong enough concept/theme to sustain without world. Of course, again my personal judgement.
WA have to have new world, Ambition being second xpack, they provide new world, LN is City! Celebrity! Generations, life stages... sounds expansion on base game feature ONLY doesn't sound so difference in background theme to have a new world, Pets countryside/mountain world, SHowtime...have to be City! Singer, Magician are Celebrity!, Supernatural is unique and the world is rather classique feel, University have a campus.(Though I think the campus is too plain from what I see in previews.)

Lol, your love for celebrity system skyrocket up and down. XD
I always thought it is easy to earn simoleons in Sims... why you need the celebrity gifts?
I had reduce their family fund so MANY times. OH well, maybe I because I am also cheating on getting opportunities. XD
Nope you didnt
But I know it didnt come with a new world
so I thought it was part of the bunch
But I see your point
I know alot of people that think that way
but I'm so hard headed I just dont see them as being a really big deal
EA will always be greedy I'm still buying the sims lol

It does, I hate waiting for my sims to come from work sometimes
so if they send me a car thats 85 thousand dollars
That means I can bring my sims home from work early
I usually try not to cheat for money
Because I get bored to fast, it would be like worthless to me

I'm huge! HUGE on skill building
so I usually have my sims building skills 24/7 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
:o

I haven't played the Sims in months...
Can I? ... Dare I?
Hell yea you should!
how dare you ask!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-03-2013, 02:27 PM

If you are huge on skill building... then it is easy to be rich! Gardening and Fishin... ironically. XD Which doesn't seem to be the case in real world. Art and Writing can also earn a LOT! O__O I dislike the jobs at rabbit hole... D:

How about collecting? I personally only like gem and metals, especially to play on the display case's Transfiguration. I can't wait to make my god mod twin sims accomplish that!

People use cheats to get money. I use cheat to make money disappear. x.x

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 PM

@xu: There is a cheat for making money disappear?!

@Vickyll3: I'm also way into skill building. Almost all the sims I make end up being self-employed. I only play at the "real" jobs if I am playing with built-in sims from the neighborhood. I also really like collecting. Being able to run around the world without changing lots is one of my favorite things about Sims 3. Sometimes I have my sims out all day, exploring and collecting stuff.

I am really picky about buying store items from EA. I usually only get big things, like a world or something that will add a new feature. There is so much wonderful free content that people have made, it doesn't make sense to me to buy things like hair styles or furniture from EA. So far, I saved up to buy Lunar Lakes and that Italian town, can't remember what it is called. I also want to get the community greenhouse lot. I also impulsively bought a tablet item, because I thought it would have all the same uses as a computer. Sadly, your sims can only chat and play games on it, which I find useless. I do all kinds of work on my real-life tablet, I don't see why the game version doesn't have all the same features as a computer.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 05-03-2013, 06:21 PM

I love building my skills
But I dont sell anything, like I always keep all my paintings
I should totally sell them though, I like to see my progress
some are very nice so I hang them
I have my sim that I have been using since 09 and she is the best!

I started collecting when supernatural came out
I'm getting the hang out it
But I do sell lots of bugs
I love the gems so I display them
I have so much things from traveling that I havent sell too
I think my sims are rice now anyways so I dont worry to much about money [anymore]
I have seven sims

@Chexala
Oh I love been able to be out all day without the loading
its the best thing ever! EVER! lol
My sims are usually out all day annoying the hell out of there friends though

I the same way with the store items
So I usually get worlds and new content as well
I dont get any items from people though I use to get stuff people make but I hate how it affect my game sometimes

I know I had a shit load
I have some on a jump drive but I dont load them into my game anymore
I dont think my game can handle it

I love that tablet
I like that I can build skills from it
fast! and my kids can do there homework really quick on it
so more time to bug there parents.
I agree it can be so much better