Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 12-06-2010, 01:14 AM

Here are some of my favorites ( in no order )
-Mother knows best ( Tangled ) Funny~
-City of Light ( Brave little toaster ) Lovable song
-Jack's Obsession ( Nightmare Before Christmas ) Very catchy.
-The Bells of Notre Dame ( Hunchback of Notre-dame ) Love when Clopin sings it, and its very dramatic.
-I'll Make a Man Out of You ( Mulan ) Catchy song~
-Strangers Like Me ( Tarzan ) Nice song~
-He Mele No Lilo ( Lilo and Stitch ) Awesome song~
-Yodel-Adle-Eedle-Idle-Oo ( Home on the Range ) I hate country with a burning passion but this song was funny and catchy. XD
-Friends on the Other Side ( Princess and the Frog ) Catchy song but then again all villain songs are catchy. :)
-Down in New Orleans ( Princess and the frog ) nice song. :)
-Ma Belle Evangeline ( Princess and the Frog ) Lovely song~

As you can tell I REALLY love songs from Princess and the Frog. XD

redrabbit
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-06-2010, 06:50 PM

Gaston's song is the most epic thing on earth. Even all the manliness of "Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan cannot compare to the man-tastic lyrics. I use antlers in all of my deeecoraaaating....

"Les Poissons" from the little mermaid is also pretty epic, in terms of how psychotic it sounds.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-06-2010, 07:48 PM

I'd fergotten about Gaston's song actually. I remember that part of the song was so much fun to watch! There are just so many awesome old disney songs that are just SO way beyond epic!
...too bad most of the newer stuff is completely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! There are a couple of exceptions but on the whole the old disney was better.

Black Phoebe
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 AM

Anything by Phil Collins, I loved the Tarzan Soundtrack.
"You'll be in my heart" is my Favourite on that one.

I also liked
"He lives in You" From the Lion King 2

"Let me be Good to You" The Great Mouse Detective

"Streets of Gold"
"Why should I worry?"
From Oliver and Company

"I'll Make A Man Out Of You"
From Mulan

Captain Pains
Ouja Akuma
Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Pains

Old 12-07-2010, 09:10 AM

Friend Like Me from Aladdin has always been my favorite. I always sing it with friends when the situation calls for it. I can even mimic every move from that scene. It's pretty epic. I also love This Is Halloween by Nightmare Before Christmas. Marilyn Manson's version is awesome, I prefer that over the original.

Aura.
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-07-2010, 04:11 PM

I'm going to have to be the next person to say "Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan. I have so many great memories attached to that song that are completely irrelevant to the movie.

Demoncat
Unknown species

Old 12-07-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician Girl Mirani View Post
...too bad most of the newer stuff is completely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! There are a couple of exceptions but on the whole the old disney was better.
Really you didn't like Princess and the frog? I thought it was wonderfully done, the music was really catchy and well made. Now the other newer Disney stuff on the other hand...

Angel Song
*^_^*

Old 12-07-2010, 11:19 PM

I liked 'Love will Find a Way' from the Lion King 2

and 'Can you feel the love tonight' From the Lion King

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM

I did say that there were a couple exceptions and I haven't actually seen the Princess and the Frog yet so I can't comment on it fairly but I'm talking about the newer stuff that mostly seems to be with acters and not cartoons. The animated movies are better I think on the whole.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-08-2010, 09:06 AM

Oh, were you meaning stuff like Camp Rock and High School Musical? Because they truly were terrible! Well... a couple of songs aren't too bad, but mostly, yeah, terrible.

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 12-08-2010, 02:56 PM

"Once upon a december" from Anastasia was one of my favorite songs when I was a kid. For long time I couldn't fall asleep if I didn't listen to that story on tape. :) and that song was the best part of it. It was not the englisgh version of it though.
Omg I wonder if that tape still is here somewher. I think I'm gonna try to find it xD
(I do believe Anastasia was directed by Disney makers right, so thats why I mention it)
Anyway I had almost forgot how amazing Hellfire was, but I had to watch it on youtube now. Though I almost always prefer the disney songs in my language because of the nostalgic factor. :D
Hellfire in my language

Last edited by Aspinou; 12-08-2010 at 03:08 PM..

Demoncat
Unknown species

Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician Girl Mirani View Post
I did say that there were a couple exceptions and I haven't actually seen the Princess and the Frog yet so I can't comment on it fairly but I'm talking about the newer stuff that mostly seems to be with acters and not cartoons. The animated movies are better I think on the whole.
Really other than Up and Princess and the Frog I'm pretty disappointed with most of the newer Disney movies like you said being live-action animated. I really want them to bring back the cartoons. D:

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Or it'd be good if they could show the older movies more often instead of just using reruns on the Disney Channel of the newer movies. I am SICK of listening to the same thing over and overa again! I don't even bother to watch Disney anymore because it's just so terrible and it's destroyed Disney for me! I want the old films back!!!!!!!!
I loved Lady And The Tramp when I was younger. The song "He's a Tramp" was always one of my favourites when I was watching it! :XD

redrabbit
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspinou View Post
(I do believe Anastasia was directed by Disney makers right, so thats why I mention it)
[/URL]

Nope, it wasn't. It was Fox Pictures or something. Not to say the music isn't amazing, though! When i was little I had a plastic replica music box that played that song, and it was my pride and joy. I wish I still had it! Same with my talking pooka plushie.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-11-2010, 10:04 PM

I LOVED that movie when I was younger! I used to watch it so much and we actually had two copies (don't know HOW exactly that happened but it did) and I always used to like watching it. That song was so brilliantly done! I once tried to sing it for the school talent show (I was about seven or eight I think) but I froze up and panicked...not my proudest moment...

----------

Just curious but did anyone else ver see "The Secret of Anastasia"? I loved that movie as well and I watched it even more than Anastasia. I loved the song "In the Sun" from that movie SO much!

Aspinou
Blurgh

Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrabbit View Post
Nope, it wasn't. It was Fox Pictures or something. Not to say the music isn't amazing, though! When i was little I had a plastic replica music box that played that song, and it was my pride and joy. I wish I still had it! Same with my talking pooka plushie.
I the directors had worked for Disney before though?
Anyway as you said , it's amazing anyway xD

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 12-13-2010, 08:16 AM

Epic Disney songs? "Poor Unfortunate Souls" for one.
Disney has always been quite good with their musical scores. I love the music from Princess and the Frog and "Mother Knows Best" from Tangled. Mother Gothel is one classy villain.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM

I gotta add "Hakuna Matata" to this. I was watching the lion king yesterday and I'd fergotten how much I loved that song! Plus Simba is so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Oh by the way LOVE your signature Demoscout! DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!)

Demoncat
Unknown species

Old 12-13-2010, 01:39 PM

I agree with Demoscout on Mother Knows best, that was my favorite song from Tangled. XD

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 12-13-2010, 06:29 PM

@Magician Girl Mirani: (Isn't it such a great series? I plan on changing it up eventually since there are many Doctors :lol: )
I always thought that "Hakuna Matata" was pretty cool, but I prefer "Circle of Life", "Be Prepared", and "Can you Feel the Love Tonight" when it comes to Lion King.

@Demoncat: It's such a catchy tune. I tend to get it stuck in my head at random. xD

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-13-2010, 06:34 PM

I love all of them! Plus I love the song in the second one with Kiara and Kovu! :squee: I just love singing it! "Love will find a Way" I think it's called and I just love it! I love listening to it in different languages too! :) ;) It's a lot of fun!

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 12-13-2010, 06:41 PM

I have actually listened to some Disney songs in other languages. I remember hearing "Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan sung by Jackie Chan in Mandarin. I listened to another song in a different language, but I can't remember which song and in what language. :lol:

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-13-2010, 06:44 PM

Cool! Right now I've got the weird urge to listen to some in Spanish...I think I just might do that...
Oh, this isn't a disney song I don't think but I LOVE "The Last Unicorn" song! :squee: It is SO amazing! I've been listening to it for the last couple of days almost non stop and I'm gunna learn it on the piano because I just LOVE it so much!!!!!!
Here're the lyrics

Quote:
When the last eagle flies over the last crumbling mountain
And the last lion roars at the last dusty fountain
In the shadow of the forest though she may be old and worn
They will stare unbelieving at the last unicorn

When the first breath of winter through the flowers is icing
And you look to the north and a pale moon is rising
And it seems like all is dying and would leave the world to mourn
In the distance hear the laughter of the last unicorn

I'm alive, I'm alive

When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning
Then look into the sky where through the clouds a path is torn
Look and see her how she sparkles, it's the last unicorn

I'm alive, I'm alive
It's beautiful! The original version is the best sung by a group called "America" I think.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 12-13-2010, 06:51 PM

Yes, it's from America. Let's not talk about it too much because it would be derailing the thread. I have this movie and I love to sing along to the theme every time I watch it.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-13-2010, 06:56 PM

How can you not? It's such a beautiful song!!!!!!!!!!

Did Disney make a version of the swan princess? I can remember a cartoon version of that that I used to have but I can't remember if it was Disney or not.

(By the way which Doctor is in your signature?)