Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-29-2011, 03:37 AM

Ikuto~, I love Love is War too~ :yes:
If you like it, you should totally listen to the cover of the same song by Fye. Her voice is so strong, and it fits the song really well. :D

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-29-2011, 03:39 PM

Ooh. I prefer Miku's version. :sweat: I'm wondering if it's because that's what I listened to first though.
I like Fye's version, but I feel Miku's fits better. Hers is more soft and doesn't overpower the music.
I like how strong Fye's voice is, though shaky in parts, but I feel like it overpowers the music. But I like her part when the song gets heavier. :yes:
If we could combine the two.... :ninja:

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-29-2011, 10:04 PM

Global media domination? :eager:

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-30-2011, 01:04 AM

Yes, exactly! :lol:

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2011, 01:09 AM

Apparently Miku has concerts and they're surprisingly popular, which is how they sell out very quickly. :yes:

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-30-2011, 01:10 AM

Lawl. I saw a video of one of her concerts. Neat stuff. I think JBox even sells the Blu-Ray of it.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2011, 03:26 AM

Yeah, it's crazy. I had no idea a virtual tour would be so successful... but that's a devoted fan-base for you. :yes:

UNIVERSAL revolution
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-30-2011, 05:03 AM

yes and i even went to a concert it was freakin awesome!!!!

Agent HEY-LEE
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 PM

I'm not used to visiting this subforum! D;

@Aerinn: Riiiight? 8D When I first downloaded it onto my iPod, I listened to it on repeat for... at least two weeks lol. And the "touch my gear" stands out more to me. XD Oh~ and there's, like, two or three different versions, but this one's my favorite. ^_^

@UNIVERSAL revolution: Holy guacamole... That's so friggin' cute~! I can just imagine having a group all dressed up like the characters, singing to that song, but in English and without a vocalizer. Hell, I'd love to be part of that group! Though, with my voice, the audience would probably run away. >_>;

@Wandy: Awww! Kairi likes Just Be Friends? :D I remember favoriting a video to that in, like, our Junior year. I think it was then anyways... X3;

@Ikuto Akihiko: Yep! :D I didn't know either till I read it in a Youtube comment. I thought his voice sounded familiar... XD

@Akuma-hime: That (Mikubook)... is very handy. <33 I just used to go Youtube hopping. XD Now I know what I'll be on for the next hour (or more)!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM

@Aer: Haha yeah. :yes:

@Uni: Wow, that's pretty awesome! :D I wouldn't mind going to one of those concerts.

@Agen: Lmao! His voice is pretty distinct, huh? :lol:

I had to check out that Mikubook thing now... I love its tagline "Meet your next favorite." > x> -bookmarks-

Agent HEY-LEE
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2011, 11:49 PM

Yep! X3 ...Well, at least I think so. o_o; Then again, usually when I think someone sounds/looks like someone else I'm completely wrong. So~ yeah.

Kinda sucks that you have to connect either a Twitter or a Facebook account to Mikubook, though. I think it'd be better just to make an account on there. Or to connect it to Youtube since it shares their videos anyways.

Akuma-hime
Mar Mar

Old 08-01-2011, 07:01 AM

i know right buts still its pretty awesome. only thing i dislike is that they go mostly by the japanese names and when you search the english translation it never comes out unless the actual name is english

UNIVERSAL revolution
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent HEY-LEE View Post

@UNIVERSAL revolution: Holy guacamole... That's so friggin' cute~! I can just imagine having a group all dressed up like the characters, singing to that song, but in English and without a vocalizer. Hell, I'd love to be part of that group! Though, with my voice, the audience would probably run away. >_>;
I know right that would be awesome! me too, im a terrible singer but karaoke revolution says im pretty awesome. lmao

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-01-2011, 02:31 PM

I didn't mind hooking it up to my Twitter. P:
It is a bit like "D: My Twitter?!" but I figure it saves me from having to make yet another account on another site.

I do like that you can add your own videos. :yes:

MiyuMiyu
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-02-2011, 07:21 AM

I've heard of it, and my friends send me a lot of songs from them to listen to. I personally don't care for the tone of their "voices" for some reason, but that's just me. I think the idea of artificial music is an interesting concept.

Akuma-hime
Mar Mar

Old 08-06-2011, 04:47 AM

i know right! its not that I have anything against real musicians but the faek that Miku isnt "human" and is accessible for everyone and we able to create massive amounts of music is really great.
Some times i want Miku or any vocaloid to be an actual human to see how they have spend and grown such a fanbase. but then if they were real i wont like them too much because then they will have "scandals" "attitudes" and eventually humanly "die".

UNIVERSAL revolution
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2011, 09:48 PM

i wish they were real...

Kifflemonster
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2011, 03:07 PM

HNNNNNGH VOCALOID THREAD I AM SO THERE.

*Cough.* But yes. I've been an avid fan for a couple of years now. Occasionally when I'm bored, I'll scour youtube for some new songs to listen to. Lately I've taken a liking to the Niconico Choruses that are scattered around as well, but the actual Vocaloids will always hold a permanent place in my heart.

I want to say that Megurine Luka is my favorite, if only because of her character design and how lovely and mature her voice sounds. "Just Be Friends" is great, as sad as it makes me feel from the emotion in the song. Second place is a tie between Gumi and Miki. "Your Love Will Surely Skyrocket" is my favorite song for Gumi, and I like "Party Night" for Miki.

So many of the songs are wonderfully composed. A few of my absolute favorites are:

Matryoshka ~Hatsune Miku/Gumi
Like, Dislike ~Kagamine Rin/Len
Po Pi Po (Vegetable Juice) ~Hatsune Miku (If only because it's the first one I ever heard. <3)
Panda Hero ~Gumi
Happy Lab ~Hatsune Miku
Thoughtful Zombie ~Hatsune Miku
Aaand the whole Dark Woods Circus series. It creeps me out to no end, but it's still epic.

redwolfserena - de-activated
Neko-Hime (Kitty)

Old 08-19-2011, 11:59 PM

yeah! I love Vocaloid!!
Len and Rin are my favorite vocaloids and Miku is my 2ed favorite.

Kaito is OK but his voice is a bit to low for me! Meiko is alright too but I dont know.. just havent liked any of her songs I've heard lol as for the english vocaloids, I dont like them XD

Len Kagamine's version of "World is Mine" is my favorite song!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 PM

Anybody heard about the new vocaloid on the scene? ;D
Her name is SeeU and she's the first Korean one and is pretty cute.

takohako
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-31-2011, 10:02 PM

Vocaloids? Well, I have a couple of songs I really like, like Matryoshka, Love is War or Double Lariat... I'm not a part of Voclaoid fandom though and I doubt I'll ever be. Some people I know are just way too crazy about them... well, I guess it applies to all fandoms but I happen to be acquaintanced with crazy Vocaloid fans.

I think that most of Vocaloid songs aren't that well done. I wish the fandom concentrated more on the quality of songs and not on HAWT BISHIE singing it. I don't get Kaito's popularity for example, he's quite bad compared to newer Vocaloids and much harder to use properly. I'm not bashing Kaito - I've heard songs where he was usd properly and loved them.

Meiko_00
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 AM

**pops in** actualy i cosply maiko through avis and have a few IRL ones in progress.

im mainly meiko from Alice of human sacrifice but i can be so much more. ;) they sound great only becuase you cant understand it.....the little nuances in the english versions are easeir to pick out.....other than that im a personal fan. ive never used one but i listen to their music and follow the fan art for it all the time.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-05-2011, 08:51 PM

O.O I haven't been here in a really long time >.>"
I'm back, dammit XD
And going to share something :3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnieP...4&feature=plpp
^been attacking the replay button for hours now. :L

Anyhoo -- @the Kaito conversation: There are a few songs where he was really really good, but his voicebank isn't perfected enough so I suppose that's why people have difficulty using it ^^" At least, that's what people tell me...
@Ikuto -- There's a leaked version of a SeeU song on youtube somewhere. I listened to it, and it was AMAZING. Her english is really really good too OwO I was surprised >w<

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-05-2011, 09:37 PM

Ikuto Akihiko: Actually, I have heard of SeeU song I=Fantasy and I like it. Plus I heard about it on ALLKPOP.com. >>;

Akuma-hime
Mar Mar

Old 09-06-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takohako View Post
I think that most of Vocaloid songs aren't that well done. I wish the fandom concentrated more on the quality of songs and not on HAWT BISHIE singing it. I don't get Kaito's popularity for example, he's quite bad compared to newer Vocaloids and much harder to use properly. I'm not bashing Kaito - I've heard songs where he was usd properly and loved them.
yes i get what you mean. :yes: but it pretty much depends on the composer/person and their ability to actually be able to work with the vocaloid and trying to make it sound good.

Well Kaito and Meiko are the oldest and dont have the program software like Vocaloid 2 or 3 so yeah they kind of sound terrible sometimes....
but i hear that Kaito will be the next Appended vocaloid. which is super cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko View Post
Anybody heard about the new vocaloid on the scene? ;D
Her name is SeeU and she's the first Korean one and is pretty cute.
:eager: yes I Have. She's so awesome her voice is awesome one can hardly tell she's a vocaloid.
Yeah she's the first korean/japanese vocaloid and is the first to us the Vocaloid 3 program.
The next on coming out is a japanese vocaloid called Aoki Lapis. She will be released in September and will also use the Vocaloid 3 program

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNoMizuumi View Post
O.O I haven't been here in a really long time >.>"
I'm back, dammit XD
And going to share something :3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnieP...4&feature=plpp
^been attacking the replay button for hours now. :L

*Clicks link*
*listens to it*
:squee:
Nya I love this song!
thanks so much for sharing
I shall be obsessed for a good while :D