xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-20-2007, 11:05 PM

What are some of the most over played songs on the radio station you listen to?

Or!

In general what do you think is/are the most over played songs?

Do you like the song(s)? Did you like it before it was over played?

Reply & discuss.

----

For me there aren't that many over played songs. I don't listen to the radio at all, mainly my iPod so it doesn't matter. Though when I listen to the radio, when I'm driving my car, I don't hear songs over and over again. Not like I used to anyways.

Cyanide
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-20-2007, 11:32 PM

Call Me When You're Sober by Evanescence gets played a hell of a lot on Scuzz, but I never really liked it in the first place, so the overplaying hasn't really changed my opinion of it. Beast & The Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold is on a lot, too, lately, and I only really dislike that because the lead singer has his mouth hanging open like a trout for the entire duration of the video, even when he's not singing. The song itself, however, I have nothing against. :]

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-20-2007, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide
Call Me When You're Sober by Evanescence gets played a hell of a lot on Scuzz, but I never really liked it in the first place, so the overplaying hasn't really changed my opinion of it. Beast & The Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold is on a lot, too, lately, and I only really dislike that because the lead singer has his mouth hanging open like a trout for the entire duration of the video, even when he's not singing. The song itself, however, I have nothing against. :]
I don't really like Call Me When You're Sober as well, though they don't play it on KROQ anymore, so I'm quite happy. Though Evanescence other songs from their latest CD is quite good.

Beast & The Harlot is a good song in my book, I'm a very big fan of theirs. KROQ hasn't been playing any Avenged Sevenfold, so it's not over played to me.

Fonny

Old 03-21-2007, 12:47 AM

Awhile back Hey ya was incredibly overplayed, ruined the song

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-21-2007, 01:01 AM

=D I don't listen to corporate radio stations so nothing gets overplayed.

www.WCCC.com FTW!

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 AM

James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover & his other song You're Beautiful.

Dear god, kill it.

Major Tippy
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Major Tippy

Old 03-21-2007, 01:09 AM

Stacy's Mom-Fountains of Wayne

>> That song drove me crazy it was played so much.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-21-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tippy
Stacy's Mom-Fountains of Wayne

>> That song drove me crazy it was played so much.

No way, I love that song hahaha!!

Major Tippy
*^_^*

Old 03-21-2007, 01:15 AM

xD Really? e.e; It got so obnoxious. I remember listening to it in the car with friends of our families kids over and over and over and over again. D:

x3 I do like Fountains of Wayne though! Red Dragon Tattoo is the greatest song from them! >> <3

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-21-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tippy
xD Really? e.e; It got so obnoxious. I remember listening to it in the car with friends of our families kids over and over and over and over again. D:

x3 I do like Fountains of Wayne though! Red Dragon Tattoo is the greatest song from them! >> <3

I know only one song from them. :( Are they still around?

Major Tippy
*^_^*

Old 03-21-2007, 01:24 AM

xp I think so.

You should try looking up Red Dragon Tattoo!

^.^ I think thats their greatest song.

Sammi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-21-2007, 01:56 AM

EVERY FREAKING TIME I go to work, I hear "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder at least 7 times. Not including how many times I hear the country version!! I hate that song anyway, and now I REALLY, extra, SUUUUPER hate it. :x

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi
EVERY FREAKING TIME I go to work, I hear "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder at least 7 times. Not including how many times I hear the country version!! I hate that song anyway, and now I REALLY, extra, SUUUUPER hate it. :x
xD No, what's really funny are the idiots who don't listen to the song and think it's a beautiful love song.

I love Hinder. <3 <3 <3

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 AM

Whatever the hell song starts with "To the left". I don't know what it is, but it annoys the crap out of me and I have to change the channel when I hear it. Which seems to be approximately every 2.3 minutes.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 03-21-2007, 04:57 AM

Rofl @ the truth in stiletto's comment. xDD

"Lips of An Angel" is the only song I can think of at the moment, it drives me freaking nuts. Not in the good way. I haven't been able to listen to much radio recently though.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 AM

"Bad Day" by.. whomever it is. I don't even know.

It's an over played song in my mind. At first it was okay, I liked it a little. Though it got annoying. Lucky for me the radio station I mainly listened to doesn't play that kind of music, though sometimes I want to listen to something different and I'd switch over and I'd hear that song so I'll switch back.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdark_secretsx
"Bad Day" by.. whomever it is. I don't even know.

It's an over played song in my mind. At first it was okay, I liked it a little. Though it got annoying. Lucky for me the radio station I mainly listened to doesn't play that kind of music, though sometimes I want to listen to something different and I'd switch over and I'd hear that song so I'll switch back.
I HATE that song.

My radio station doesn't even play it. xD

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 03-21-2007, 08:25 AM

Mmkay. Being the oddball that I am, I don't even know what the hell the song is called. Or who the hell sung it. But I hear it EVERYWHERE I go. It's kind of a country-ish song, where the guy sings "Blah blah, free my souuuul~, i WANNA GET LOST IN THE ROCK AND ROLL, AND CLEAR THE WAAAAY~" I can't make out anything but that.... and even that's probably typed down wrong. >.>

And I hear it eight billion times a day. It's gotten to the point where if I hear that damn line, I whip out my music player and start blaring Hedwig and the Angry Inch to drown it out. Dx

Sammi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-22-2007, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilettolover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi
xD No, what's really funny are the idiots who don't listen to the song and think it's a beautiful love song.

I love Hinder. <3 <3 <3
I KNOWWW. Especially the girls at my school, who are obsessed with one guy and they are like "LOOK AT ME I HAVE THE LIPS OF AN ANGEL!! LOOOOVE MEEEE!"

Claha
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Claha

Old 03-22-2007, 02:27 AM

So much crap is overplayed nowadays, I won't even TRY to come up with a list. It's annoying, however, and makes me not want to listen to whichever song it is anymore. So I stay away from the radio.

Anrui Tachibana

Old 03-22-2007, 05:47 PM

I totally agree with you Claha. It seems like anything that is new and is by a relatively popular artist, gets played to death. However, most brainless music fans gobble it up, which is part of the reason the radio keeps playing it. It makes me sick.

That is just part of the reason why I don't listen to the radio anymore. They never really played anything I wanted to hear, and I got really tired of the crap they played. So MP3s and CDs it is for me. :D

heather_54
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to heather_54 Send a message via Yahoo to heather_54

Old 03-22-2007, 11:59 PM

well i dont know the songs but i can just tell who it is by the singers voice but theres like 3 Nickleback songs that are on like crazy everywhere i go there it is always there on the radio or on the my tvs alternative station and top 40 hits its driving me insane!!!! his voice is the same on every song he writes plus i can never remember the name to his songs :oops:

lena
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to lena

Old 03-23-2007, 12:15 AM

Nickelback is played like mad on my station xP

Kaenai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-27-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachesia
Whatever the hell song starts with "To the left". I don't know what it is, but it annoys the crap out of me and I have to change the channel when I hear it. Which seems to be approximately every 2.3 minutes.
  • lol - it's called Irreplaceable, by Beyonce. It's actually a good song, though. I didn't like it at first, because that's all my daughter played for a week straight, but when she finally shut it off, I listened to it on my own, and now I like it. :3

I never listen to the radio, which is odd, because I love music. Love love love music. Used to sing, but I stopped that. For now.

Right now, the song I don't want to hear anymore is "This Is Why I'm Hot"

I love Mims. He's actually a friend of mine. But people won't shut up about that one song, and I like the song, and the second people start over-hyping a song is the minute people start saying bad things about the artist, and he's MUCH more talented than he shows in that one song. I really wish he'd released something else as his first single. >.>;;

(i have to admit, his Superman track was whack, though xD )

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 03-27-2007, 04:43 PM

• I don't really listen to the radio any more, if ever. The only station I really like tends to play Evanescence, in general, way too often ever since their new album came out. Then there's Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco that are overplayed in general as well. It just pisses me off. So, when I'm driving with my boyfriend, we're listening to whatever CD he's got in or nothing, and when I'm driving with my friend, we're listening to a mix CD of stuff she has on her laptop or nothing, and when I'm out driving with mom, I make sure to have a CD.